Solhah Singaarr

Solhah Singaarr Articles (No Comments) (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 8

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 8
Page 4 Page 8

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 27 November 2006 at 7:11am | IP Logged

SaharaOne Television is about to make a big splash in the Hindi General Entertainment Channel (GEC) space by introducing not less than eight new programmes.

The channel, having set an ambitious 2006-end target of achieving the third position in the market, hopes a near complete revamp of the sensitive 8 pm to 11 pm prime time band would drive the turnaround.

"By the end of 2006, we want to become the third most successful general entertainment channel in the Hindi space. We will be unleashing a series of programming activities in the coming weeks. Two new soaps Kuch Apne Kuch Paraye and Solhah Singaarr will start the proceedings and four more soaps will be launched in the prime time band. The picture will be complete with the introduction of two big ticket format shows," Sahara One Media and Entertainment Limited CEO Shantonu Aditya tells indiantelevision.com.

The channel's most successful soap Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki will however escape the revamp exercise. Another prime time soap Hare Kkaanch Ki Choodiyan is giving way for Solhah Singaarr. SaharaOne is yet to decide the slot for Kuch Apne Kuch Paraye, according to Aditya.

Speaking on the reality shows in the pipeline, Aditya said the channel was yet to finalise certain details and would be sharing information on the initiatives at a later period. However he hinted that one of the reality shows planned would be celebrity-based. "We had been planning to launch a celeb-based reality dance show Superstars. But, looking at the way the existing celeb dance shows are faring in the rating charts, we have decided to take a re-look at Superstars," Aditya says.

http://www.tvguideindia.com/

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Solhah Singaarr Articles (No Comments) (Page 3)" in Solhah Singaarr forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 27 November 2006 at 7:12am | IP Logged

'Solhah Singaarr'

SaharaOne Television presents Solhah Singaarr.

The new show is aired at 8.30 pm, Monday to Friday.

CONCEPT NOTE
Solhah Singaarr revolves around the wealthy and influential Bharadwaj family of Benares.

It's the story of Meerra played by 'Akangsha Rawat' a carefree teenager who thinks the world to be picture perfect & rosy. The apple of everyone's eye in the Bharadwaj family her life revolves around playing with children in and around the bylanes of Benares and tasting the pickle made by the elders of the house.

Lost in her own world, she is unaware of the underlying friction in her parents' marriage. She loves her family a lot although her mother Alaknanda, her grandmother – Ammaji and her best friend Shlok are very special to her. An unfortunate event in the family awakens Meerra from her near perfect world to face the harsh realities of life.

It makes her realise the importance of Solhah Singaarr in a woman's life…the significance of what it means to be loved by your husband…the meaning of why women apply sindoor, wear bangles, apply mehendi. The transformation begins…from that of a carefree girl to one of a sensible woman.

Being a woman of today, she fights for what is right for herself and her near and dear ones, especially for her mother who has suffered an ordeal ... And she wins.

http://www.tvguideindia.com/

Kohinoorfan

Goldie

Kohinoorfan

Posted: 28 November 2006 at 6:51am | IP Logged
Akangsha dons role of Meerra

Akangsha Rawat

With small screen offering great opportunities to actors and many are seen making a name for themselves. Akangsha Rawat is one of them. Akangsha with her cute smile and girl next-door looks is a woman of substance. She is all set to play the character of Meerra in Sahara One Television's new show Solhah Singaar, which premieres on October 30 at 8.30 pm, Monday to Friday.

The character played by her is bubbly, charming and blunt... and yet so adorable. She is happiness and loyalty. She is virtue.... and she is pride. She lives in her own world, a world, which she thinks to be picture perfect.... a bed of roses. She is Meerra, the epitome of progressive woman in the serial Solah Singaar produced by Jai Mehta Productions and directed by Pawan Kumar who has previously directed shows like Sindoor...Tere Naam Ka, Ek Ladki Anjani Si and Piya Ka Ghar.

Akangsha Rawat takes on questions about her role in the show.

So Akangsha, how did you bag the lead role of Meerra?

I am really fortunate to be associated with Sahara One Television who saw the fire in me the novel opportunities to play the role of Meerra, a carefree teenager who thinks the world to be picture. The apple of everyone's eye in the Bhardwaj family. My joy knew no bounds when I managed to bag a great role.

What is the serial about?

It is the story of a young charming happy-go-lucky girl Meerra and her family based in holy city of Benares. The show traces Meera's life that is set in Benares, a city steeped in time, memory, devotion, knowledge and experience far beyond imagination.

How has the experience with co-stars and the crew been?

Overall a memorable one. Working with eminent actors Sudha Chandran, Mrinal Kulkarni and Anuj Saxena has been great. The cast and crew have been helpful throughout and working with them has been a learning experience. The production house is very professional and every encounter has brought in different realisations that will probably be useful for all future assignments.

Overall, I can say that Solah Singaar is one of a kind that is giving me, as also the audience, to show something new. — DP

Source:http://www.tribuneindia.com/2006/20061027/ttlife1.htm

Kohinoorfan

Goldie

Kohinoorfan

Posted: 28 November 2006 at 6:57am | IP Logged

Fresh Supply

DECKED UP Mrinal Kulkarni in "Solhah Singaarr

Recently the Capital bathed in the light of television stars when Sahara One launched its two new daily soaps The shows are Kuch Apne Kuch Paraye and Solhah Singarr, which will be on air from November 13 and October 30 (Monday to Friday) respectively.

Kuch Apne Kuch Paraye is a star-studded show having 25 TV stars," shares Kalyan Sundaram, Production Head Sahara One Television. According to Kalyan the series is about Vijaypat Raichand, a business tycoon, father of six children and a strict disciplinarian. Krishna the main lead is the daughter-in-law of the house. Ego clashes and disputes within the family lead all the sons to leave Vijaypat. He considers Krishna as his daughter who can reunite the family. It's Krishna's journey for being accepted as the daughter of the house. Gunjan Walia, a fresh face, plays the main lead and veteran actor Vikram Gokhale plays the role of Vijaypat. Rakhshanda Khan and Chaitanya Chowdhary are also playing significant characters.

Family entertainer

Solhah Singarr is being placed as a wholesome family entertainer. It is the story of Bhardwaj family where women are progressive despite being rooted to Indian values," shares Shantonu Aditya, CEO, Sahara One Television.

Aditya says the main theme of the show is to take up the issue of widow marriage. "It's about Meera the main lead a carefree teenager whose life is changed due to an incident which make her realise the importance of the solhah singarr for a woman."

Akangsha Rawat makes her debut with this show. It also stars Sudha Chandran and Anuj Saxena.

"These shows are part of well-thought strategy and under this plan six fiction-based and three non-fiction based shows will also be launched soon," sums up Aditya.

Kohinoorfan

Goldie

Kohinoorfan

Posted: 28 November 2006 at 7:12am | IP Logged

Akangsha Rawat aka Meera in Solhah Singaarr on Sahara One was denied entry at her residence, recently. Akangsha recalls, "Actually we were shooting my introduction scene in the serial. It happened to be a song sequence where we used a lot of gulal. After the shot, I found myself bathed in pink and green colours from head to toe. Since it was already midnight, I didn't have time to wash the colours and preferred to go home instead. I reached my apartment at around 1.30 am, but the watchman refused me entry. I tried to explain the situation but he wouldn't listen to me. Our noisy argument managed to wake up most of the residents of our building. Finally, I asked him to call the secretary of our society, who came to my rescue and let me in."

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 28 November 2006 at 2:25pm | IP Logged

Edited by monika.goel - 28 November 2006 at 2:26pm

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 01 December 2006 at 6:09pm | IP Logged

Another twist in Solaah Shringaar

Be prepared for yet another plastic surgery or a funeral or the entry of a new face in Solaah Shringaar, the popular daily aired on Sahara One. A little birdie who is close to the creative team of the serial has informed us about the axing of new actress Naveena, from the soap. Naveena plays the character of Gauri who is the cousin of the protagonist Meera played by Akangsha Rawat.

According to the source the producers aren't happy with her acting skills and feel that she isn't doing justice to the character. We have heard that the producers have even convinced the channel and have seriously asked for a replacement. But when it comes to admitting the same to the media, producer Jay Mehta seems to be playing the age old diplomatic game. "It's a rumour. There are no talks about replacing Naveena. She is  a part of the serial," he says.

http://www.deccan.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp#N ikki%20Aneja%20has%20a%20new%20role%20to%20play

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 03 December 2006 at 8:21pm | IP Logged
ON THE SETS

'Please let me go see Hrithik kiss!'

...says lead actor of the soap, Akangsha Rawat, to her show's executive producer

Time:
9 am to 10 pm (30 days a month) of Sahara One's Solhah Singaarr.

Sequence:
A nyay adalat in Varanasi

Actors:
Akangsha Rawat, Karan Singh and Bhuvan Chopra. Akangsha Rawat who plays Meera is a little preoccupied and it has nothing to do with the show. It's about 7 pm and she wants to leave the set early. Since November 25, she's been trying to charm her executive producer, Alok Tripathi, into letting her off early to catch the last show of a film. Never mind the characters in it, or the plot, it's the on-screen kiss that she's been dying to see! So far, no luck!

img85/9122/1xx9.jpg

img212/3463/1rl0.jpg
Are Bhuvan Chopra (left) and Karan Singh (right) really thinking about what the nyay adalat will decide?

Karan Singh who plays Abhimanyu in the soap is rumoured to be the resident casanova on set and buzz has it, he's been turning his charms on not only Akangsha (who is incidentally his neighbour too), but others on set too! Whenever he has some spare time, he strums the guitar with coactor Waqar Sheikh, and the duo kick up a musical storm in their room. Shooting certainly looks like one big party for him... way to go!

The director for this half of the month (days 1 to 16) Manoj Sharma is busy enjoying his snack break and remains oblivious to everything but his sandwich for the moment. Could his dreamy look be attributed to his thoughts of days 17 to 30, when the director of the show will be Pawan Kumar?

Akangsha turns to comfort-food (if unit food can be called that!) after her request to leave early is vetoed yet again!

Karan is enjoying watching what has now become a daily routine—his costar asking to be let off early!

Heard about TV's gruelling schedules? Of course Alok, in his stern but polite way, doesn't let poor Akangsha go, despite all pleas. Never mind that he thinks this set is unusual because everyone comes and leaves on time!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top