Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kiran. thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Overexcited actor hurts costar during rape scene

Actor Faisal Khan (who plays Shakti) in a Sahara One serial Solah Shringarr was so excited to perform a rape scene in the serial that he ended up hurting Aakangsha Rawat (Shagun).

Says Faisal, "I was very excited because I had never done a scene like this before. I got so carried away that I included certain fight scenes on my own - I slapped her in real, banged the table etc. I was not at all nervous but Aakangsha definitely was."
Explaining the scene Faisal says, "I'm playing the bad guy in the serial who is the devar of Shagun. For a long time I had an eye on her, so one day I planned that no one be there in house so that I can rape her."

He adds, "While performing this scene I and Aakangsha were injured. I got only bruises but she was injured very badly."

Aakangsha says, "To perform such type of scenes is very embarrassing but my creative head said that it is part of the script. I got a severe neck sprain while shooting and I had to put on a neck-collar for one week. Even my left hand was injured as one glass piece hit my palm. At one point when I had put off the bulbs through a stick to hide, it was so near to my face that that I got really scared."

Faisal has acted in many negative roles. He was seen in Paraya Dhan, Banno Main Teri Dulhann and now in Solah Shringaar.

• Dhanashri Kulkarni
  • Wednesday, July 11, 2007
  •  
    source: http://news.indya.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2007/July/News_ 20070711_119]

contributed by Sanjana4U

Kiran. thumbnail

Zor ka jhatka...

Akangsha Rawat nearly fainted on the sets of Solhah Singaarr after being slapped hard by co-actor Faisal
    Back to Section Stories Posted On Friday, July 20, 2007
    Mail this Article Print this Article Search
    View Comments Rate this Article Comments

Kunal M Shah

Akangsha (l) and Faisal (extreme right) in Solhah Singaarr

It was difficult for actress Akangsha Rawat to remain cool when her co-actor Faisal slapped her hard on the face while enacting a sequence. Apparently, the actor got into his character completely and ended up hitting Akangsha very badly. Reportedly, the actress couldn't stand the impact and fainted on the sets.     

Recalling the incident, Akangsha says, "Faisal was supposed to slap me a couple of times for the scene but we actually fake these slaps. However, this time around, there was some miscommunication. He had been asked to slap me after I finished my lines, but he slapped me before I could deliver my dialogues. Nobody has ever slapped me so hard. I felt dizzy and we had to pack up after that."

Akangsha further adds, "This was not the first time that Faisal had hurt me. Somehow he keeps injuring me now and then. About 10 days ago, he almost caused a sprain to my neck while we were shooting a rape sequence."

Faisal says, "I could not get the timing right and hit her. It was an accident. I felt very bad for her later and apologised."

contributed by: anishma24
    virgoqueen thumbnail
    Sudha Chandran gets her 'dream' house

Sudha Chandran, popularly known as the vamp Ramona Sikand from Kahin Kisi Roz, has shifted to her 'own' three bedroom house in Sherwood building, Goregaon, Mumbai. She exclaims that this has been a dream come true. "My earlier house is on my husband's name and the other house is on my dad's name, therefore, I wanted to have one house in my name for personal satisfaction," says Sudha.

Sharing with us her joy, Sudha says, "We had no plan to buy the house, but when a builder, who is also a family friend, showed us this flat we liked it a lot and paid Rs 50 lakh to pay for it. The interior designing is excellent. I like every corner of my 1250sq.ft house and it is beautifully painted in yellow and mauve colors."
    "The area is has many facilities close by," she adds, "Even the Western Express Highway and Movie time hub is in very close proximity. Sankraman studio is just five minutes from the new house though my old house was much closer. Even my dad's house is just 7 minutes away from here, so it is comfortable for me in every way."

According to the actress, buying anything new symbolises personal growth. And the ambitious Sudha is far from satisfied. "My next dream is to buy a bungalow of my own, "proclaims Sudha, who is currently seen in Solah Srringar, Hamari Bahu Tulsi and has appeared in a Paksitani show as well.
    Edited by virgoqueen - 16 years ago
    modishh thumbnail
    Sisterly act

For the first time in Television industry, three sisters born in Kolkatta contributing in different serials and are already craze among the viewers. Reena Kapoor, Shalini Kapoor and Malini Kapoor are carving a niche for them in serials on Sahara One. Zeenat (Malini Kapoor) of Zaara-Pyar Ki Saugat, Rani and Pari (Reena Kapoor) of Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki and Iravati (Shalini Kapoor) of Solah Singaar share the same surname. Shalini and Malini Kapoor are real sisters while Reena Kapoor is their first cousin.

Lifestyle caught up with the three sisters for a chat on their career. With acting as the common passion, it was just a matter of time before the three became popular on small screen.

Says Malini, "It is my personality which was reflected in serials like Saathiya, Kum Kum, Hawaiyan, Dekho Magar Pyar Se and currently in Zaara."

"I am excited about two forthcoming films Subah Tak and Golden Boys, " she adds.

Shalini Kapoor has been a regular face on television and Gujarati films. Currently she is enjoying her stint on small screen in Solah Shingaar.

After being crowned Miss Kolkata in 1996, a dream to make it in the Bollywood and Tellywood brought Shalini to Mumbai. Though she has dabbled in both films and television, she says she will not trade one for the other.

And for Reena Kapoor, she is presently enjoying a great married life along with acting on small screen. Talking about her break in Tellywood she says, "I started working with Sahara One and for Rajshri productions for Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki. I have already played the role of Rani, the delicate, pampered girl and presently playing the character Pari in this serial. I shoot for more than 20 days. I am completely focused on this character. I just hope to give my best shot to each and every scene and do justice to all. I will proceed to doing something even more creative," Reena concludes

sonia_778 thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I would like to get dirty with my husband on an island

I am…
    Kirti Gaekwad Kelkar. I am a person who loves life.

Life is…
    beautiful.
    Love is…
    Sharad Kelkar.

Lust is…
    Sharad Kelkar and Brad Pitt.

Marriage...
    Is a life changing experience. It makes your life beautiful.

Hugs or kisses?...
    Hugs.

Your first crush?...
    Oh! I can't recollect.

Your first date?... Must be in school during recess having lunch with my date.

Your dream date...
    I would love to get dirty with Sharad on an island.

What you did on your last birthday?...
    Sharad gave me a surprise birthday party. We love giving surprises to each other.

How many places have you lived in?...
    Kanpur and now in Mumbai.

Your long lasting friend…
    I have lots of friends. I have Nayab Ali Khan from Kanpur and Surveen Chawla and Jayati Bhatia in the television industry.

Do you make friends easily?...
    Oh yes! I am a friendly person and I love making friends.

What kind of music you like…
    When I go to a disc I love grooving to cheap Bollywood

numbers like Beedi…., otherwise I prefer listening to soft romantic numbers.

One thing you want to change about yourself...
    I am very careless, so I would like to
    change this habit of mine.

Favourite TV show…
    Friends.
    Favourite actor in Bollywood…
    Aamir Khan and Mr. Bachchan.
    Favourite actor in Tellywood…
    It has to be Sharad Kelkar.
    Favourite cartoon character...
    Tom and Jerry.

Last movie you watched…
    Saawariya

How do you rate yourself as an actor?...
    A little above average.

Last time you boarded a local train...
    Five years ago.

Last time you were stalked...
    Never experienced it. May be because my husband is a six feet, sturdy man.

Last time you went for shopping...
    Yesterday.

Last time you cried off the screen...
    Probably a year back.

Last time you cooked...
    A month back I cooked dinner for my husband and friends. We had a get-together.

If not an actor then ...
    Housewife.

Philosophy of life...
    Live life as it comes and do dream.

Advice to youngsters…
    Live life king size and do dream.

Edited by sonia_778 - 16 years ago
    ar78655 thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Gaurav Chopra enters Solhah Singaarr

Originally meant to be his show, Gaurav Chopra couldn't up take the male protagonist's role in Solhah Singaarr due to other commitments. This role was later made famous by Sachin Tyagi. However, Gaurav couldn't be denied his space. The actor now enters the show albeit in a different role.

While Gaurav was unavailable for comment, a source from the sets informs, "Yes, Gaurav is now part of Solhah SIngaarr. He essays the role of Shiv Chopra. There are grey shades to his character. In the current track, Shagun (Akansha Rawat) is thrown out by her in-laws. Shiv happens to befriend Shagun and vows to help her fight against her in- laws. However, he has a personal score to settle with the Chaturvedis (Shagun's in- laws). At the same time, he has a soft corner for her.)"

As they say, better late than never. Here's wishing Gaurav success in his extremely belated entry in Solhah Singaarr.

Edited by Lubnavaishali - 16 years ago