Old and Dutiful!!!!

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Dear Friends!!!!

We love our parents.They teach us everything,they sacrifice their life for us.They give us comforts and they donot even let us know their problems.We grow big and they grow OLD.
How many of us are DUTIFUL children?
I really don't know about the old people in other countries but in  India there are hundreds of OLD couples whose children are in foreign countries.Intially they encourage their children to goto a foriegn country for eduaction and then job.Later their children get settled and they keep on sending money.....................
After wards the parents are left alone in old age.Should we pity these type of OLD parents or should we say
 KARAM APNA APNA...
should we blame children for this?
Or
can children do something for their parents?
or
will they realise when their children do the same thing to them after some years?

I posted this seeing a report about the bill on taking care of parents in oldage.I got these thoughts.

Cheers,
Mythili

To Parents From Their Children
Author: Mildred Neville
DON'T SPOIL ME
I know quite well that I ought not to have
all that I ask for. I'm only testing you.
DON'T BE AFRAID TO BE FIRM WITH ME
I prefer it. It makes me feel more secure.
DON'T LET ME FORM BAD HABITS
I have to rely on you to detect them in early stages.
DON'T MAKE ME FEEL SMALLER THAN I AM
It makes me feel stupidly "big".
DON'T CORRECT ME IN FRONT OF PEOPLE IF YOU CAN HELP IT
I'll take much more notice if you talk quietly with me in private.
DON'T MAKE ME FEEL THAT MY MISTAKES ARE SINS
It upsets my sense of values.
DON'T BE TOO UPSET WHEN I SAY "I HATE YOU"
It isn't you that I hate but your power to thwart me.
DON'T PROTECT ME FROM CONSEQUENCES
I need to learn the painful way sometimes.
DON'T TAKE TOO MUCH NOTICE OF MY SMALL AILMENTS
I am quite capable of trading on them.
DON'T FORGET HOW QUICKLY I AM GROWING UP
It must be very difficult for you to keep pace with me, but please do try.
DON'T MAKE RASH PROMISES
Remember that I feel badly let down when promises are broken.
DON'T FORGET THAT I CAN'T EXPLAIN
MYSELF AS WELL AS I WOULD LIKE
This is why I am not always accurate.
DON'T TAX MY HONESTY TOO MUCH
I am easily frightened into telling lies.
DON'T BE INCONSISTENT
That completely confuses me and makes me lose faith in you.
DON'T PUT ME OFF WHEN I ASK QUESTIONS
If you do you will find that I stop asking and seek my information elsewhere.
DON'T TELL ME MY FEARS ARE SILLY
They are terribly real and you can do much
to reassure me if you try to understand.
DON'T EVER SUGGEST THAT YOU ARE PERFECT OR INFALLIBLE
It gives me too great a shock when I discover that you are neither.
DON'T EVER THINK THAT IT IS BENEATH
YOUR DIGNITY TO APOLOGIZE TO ME
An honest apology makes me feel surprisingly warm towards you.
DON'T FORGET THAT I LOVE EXPERIMENTALLY
I couldn't get on without it, so please put up with it.
DON'T NAG
If you do I shall have to protect myself by appearing deaf.

DON'T FORGET THAT I CAN'T THRIVE
WITHOUT LOTS OF UNDERSTANDING & LOVE
But I don't need to tell you that, do I?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

simply paagal thumbnail
if children leave there parents,thts bad,i mean they can take them,tht doesnt mean much,after theyr settled mayb,not in starting,but parents cant b left alone,never
RandomSquared thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Okay...see my parents left their paretns in bangladesh to come to America. To make their lives. My grandparents left their paretns in the village to come to the city since my great grandparents didnt want to move to Dhaka. Now, if I get a job in California, a job I want, would I stay in NY just because my paretns live here? No, I wouldnt. I dont know if thats right or wrong..but thats what it is. I wouldnt mind taking my parents with me, if they want. But I wouldnt stay back for them unless they liek tell me too ( i can never say no to these things)but they wont, cuz their my paretns, they sacrafice...and for them my happiness comes before theirs. But, there's a difference between phsically leaving you parents and emotionally leaving them. My grandma lives in BD, but my father calls everyday. He wakes up a 3 or 4 and calls everyday to speak to her, and that comforts my grandma soo mcuh that she forgets that her son doesnt live with her. Edited by Desi Pride - 17 years ago
koolsana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
same here.....my dad calls up my grandparents like almost every week.....my dad n my mom moved to america after they got married....n obviously most of us are not gnna stay where are parents are after marriage due to fate....but i dnt think therez nethin wrong in tht.....my grandparents are really happy for my dad's succes n they are happy when the knw tht v are happy....i guess thts all tht matters....i mean v re plannin to call them here....but till when they'll stay here....1 month, 2 month, 1 yr....n thts it....they wud wnna go bak n obviously our whole family wudnt move ther just becoz they live there.....v are in america n they are in india n both of us are happy 😊
kisnakiradha thumbnail

Originally posted by: Desi Pride

Okay...see my parents left their paretns in bangladesh to come to America. To make their lives. My grandparents left their paretns in the village to come to the city since my great grandparents didnt want to move to Dhaka. Now, if I get a job in California, a job I want, would I stay in NY just because my paretns live here? No, I wouldnt. I dont know if thats right or wrong..but thats what it is. I wouldnt mind taking my parents with me, if they want. But I wouldnt stay back for them unless they liek tell me too ( i can never say no to these things)but they wont, cuz their my paretns, they sacrafice...and for them my happiness comes before theirs. But, there's a difference between phsically leaving you parents and emotionally leaving them. My grandma lives in BD, but my father calls everyday. He wakes up a 3 or 4 and calls everyday to speak to her, and that comforts my grandma soo mcuh that she forgets that her son doesnt live with her.

ok you basicalli put wat i was thinkin of sayin in words there!😆

Exactly, there is a HUGE difference in emotionally leaving them and physicalli leaving them

kisnakiradha thumbnail
Ok now to continue on the physically leaving and emotionally leaving

Many times Grandparents that come o/s...they usually end up going back...because "it's just not the same"

In India, they know everyone...they have all their friends they grew up with, they have their culture...they understand what's going on

o/s it's harder for them

agree many stay and love it...

and then, i know of many grandparents living with their children (in INDIA and O/S) and whilst they live with them...there is NO connection
they are truly miserable

So ,really it doesnt matter about physically...it's more about emotionally

and anyways, girls have been leavin their parents home for generations...yet they remain dutiful

I mean, my dad hardly lived at home after yr10...coz he studied in the city...and then after marriage, stayed in the city...and then went o/s...but i swear he's the most dutiful son i've ever seen! 😆 😉
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Friends!!!!

I did'nt put this post to hurt anyone or with a personal experience!!!!!

Just a thought.My friends age range is 8 to 80 and this range I find this type of people also.I feel bad for them!!!!

Cheers,

Mythili

kisnakiradha thumbnail

Originally posted by: mythili_Kiran

Friends!!!!

I did'nt put this post to hurt anyone or with a personal experience!!!!!

Just a thought.My friends age range is 8 to 80 and this range I find this type of people also.I feel bad for them!!!!

Cheers,

Mythili

😆 so who was hurt again? im kind of confused hehehe 😉

sareg thumbnail
In the old Hindi movies there used to be this plot where brothers get seperated during the Kumbhmela

During the last Kumbhmela a couple years ago, there were a bunch of old couples stranded, whom their children had brought in to get the holy dip and convieniently forgotten to take them along on their trip back.

It was such a sad sight to see these old couples, with no money and place to stay in such a state.The local administration spent over 6-8 months getting the parents back to their respective homes

I guess the moral of the story: It is time for parents to first secure their retirement before they secure their childrens future 😉
kisnakiradha thumbnail

Originally posted by: sareg

In the old Hindi movies there used to be this plot where brothers get seperated during the Kumbhmela

During the last Kumbhmela a couple years ago, there were a bunch of old couples stranded, whom their children had brought in to get the holy dip and convieniently forgotten to take them along on their trip back.

It was such a sad sight to see these old couples, with no money and place to stay in such a state.The local administration spent over 6-8 months getting the parents back to their respective homes

I guess the moral of the story: It is time for parents to first secure their retirement before they secure their childrens future 😉

woah! thats just....shocking!!🤢😡

stupid kids....thankfully there are only a few kids like that....just like there are only a few parents who get rid of their kids....