Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

ani11

IF-Sizzlerz

ani11

Posted: 31 October 2006 at 12:59pm | IP Logged

Guys ,i watched this movie Kabhi Alvida na kehna and I was utterly disgusted at what the movie is trying to potray.

Is it right to break ur marriage because u found love in someone else.Does'nt it go against the institution of marriage.

Its true that extra marital affairs are a reality of life but should a movie be justifying such a wrong act especially when there is a kid involved.

I think it was very irresponsible of the movie maker to justify something that is basically wrong.The movies are watched by the masses and should never potray something which is wrong in principle.

Its true that love should be the primary point in a marriage but then why get married to a guy whom u know that u don't love.

I am totally disgusted.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Finding love after marriage!!!!!" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ani11

IF-Sizzlerz

ani11

Posted: 31 October 2006 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by abhijit shukla

There are several layers to your question.

1, Should one be faithful to spouse? Yes.

2, Should one go after love when one is married? Only after making a clean break and making amends with current spouse -if at all.

3,Should one go after love when one is married when a child is involved? Only if the current spouse is an unfit parent or after child is of age of adulthood -if at all. I know of a young girl whose fiance called off engagement because after they got engaged, the fiance's parents got divorce and that shook his faith from the instituition of marraige. The girl is heart-broken and is paying price of discord between who would have been her parents-in-law. The ripple effect is much wider than we would expect.

4, Should movie makers be allowed to make movies about marital discord? Yes, of course. If there are movies about gangs and drugs and prostituition, why not make movie that is about a much less sinister fact of life? I have not sen the movie and would probabely get disgusted too if I see it but KJ has as much right to make this movie as I do of not seeing it or not liking it after watching it.

Yess of course they should make movies on marital discord ,after all movies are the mirrors of our society but the question is that should the movie try to justify something that is ,morally and principally wrong.What message would that movie be giving to our society.For instance this movie gives the mesage that its right to cheat on ur spouse because u don't love him and u find ur love after marriage.Should'nt the movie be more focussed on saving the marriage rather than breaking it.

The same goes for a movie made on gangs,should a movie which glorifies a criminal ,giving the right message to our society?

ani11

IF-Sizzlerz

ani11

Posted: 31 October 2006 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
I think that the movie makers can't just treat making a movie as a business because a movie impacts our society ,so it can't be treated as a mere business.Karan Johar has a responsibility to potray the right over the wrong.

ani11

IF-Sizzlerz

ani11

Posted: 31 October 2006 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by abhijit shukla

Originally posted by ani11

Yess of course they should make movies on marital discord ,after all movies are the mirrors of our society but the question is that should the movie try to justify something that is ,morally and principally wrong.What message would that movie be giving to our society.For instance this movie gives the mesage that its right to cheat on ur spouse because u don't love him and u find ur love after marriage.Should'nt the movie be more focussed on saving the marriage rather than breaking it.

The same goes for a movie made on gangs,should a movie which glorifies a criminal ,giving the right message to our society?

What makes you think movies are made to learn something from them? We are in big trouble if KJ and RGV are our moral and ethical icons!

Whether we learn from movies is a different matter but as long as they are made on a social evil of our society the message they should be sending out should be proper ,loud and clear.Its not always the matured people who are watching the movies,most of the time its the youngsters who idolise the stars who are watching them and I think that both the producers and the stars bear a responsibilty towards the society.

Mithuu

IF-Rockerz

Mithuu

Posted: 31 October 2006 at 1:52pm | IP Logged

Guys ,i watched this movie Kabhi Alvida na kehna and I was utterly disgusted at what the movie is trying to potray.

Is it right to break ur marriage because u found love in someone else.Does'nt it go against the institution of marriage.

In the movie... their respective marriages were already on SHAKY grounds . It was a question of time before it went to SEPARATION/DIVORCE. Both the couples had one partner  who was unhappy about the marriage/commitment.

SRK and Rani start meeting with the GOAL of  SAVING their marriages... but unfortunatley it doesnt work that way.

Its true that extra marital affairs are a reality of life but should a movie be justifying such a wrong act especially when there is a kid involved.

The movie to me was about FAILING MARRIAGES... not extra marital affairs. I guess thats where we see things differently.

In Indian society we have a tolerant attitude towards failing marriages.. . Its difficult to put up with a FAILING marriage if there is no LOVE , fidelity or trust. I would rather opt out of it.

I agree its difficult on the KIDs... but sometimes its the best for them too. Instead of being in a family where there is no LOVE between PARENTS.

As far as KANK goes... one needs to realise that its not encouraging anyone to GO out and seek LOVE.... It says ONE doesn't necessarily have to TOLERATE a unhappy relationship .  Thats my personal perception of the MOVIE. And I have to admit I think its a very GOOD MOVIE.

I think it was very irresponsible of the movie maker to justify something that is basically wrong.The movies are watched by the masses and should never potray something which is wrong in principle.

How do you decide it is wrong... Its not wrong to the person who is in a bad marriage. We cannot generalise before knowing what the exact circumstances are. I think its a very personal decision. What might be wrong to you may not be wrong to the VICTIM in the marriage.

Its true that love should be the primary point in a marriage but then why get married to a guy whom u know that u don't love.

I agree with you on this point that its unfair to the person ...if you know him and not love him.

simply paagal

simply paagal

Posted: 31 October 2006 at 2:23pm | IP Logged
i wud lik 2 go with view of Karan Johar,he doesnt really makes movies for being hits,he shows his view.Coz i dint lik Kal Ho Na Ho.Tht wasnt my view.Here i agree 2 the view shown.What is their in living a relation tht is killing 4 ppl everyday?And i love the line'mohabbat aur maut bin bulaye aate hain'.Now love isnt only 4 those who find their love b4 marriage.

ani11

IF-Sizzlerz

ani11

Posted: 31 October 2006 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dimdim

In the movie... their respective marriages were already on SHAKY grounds . It was a question of time before it went to SEPARATION/DIVORCE. Both the couples had one partner  who was unhappy about the marriage/commitment.

SRK and Rani start meeting with the GOAL of  SAVING their marriages... but unfortunatley it doesnt work that way.

The movie to me was about FAILING MARRIAGES... not extra marital affairs. I guess thats where we see things differently.

Of course it is about extra marital affair and cheating on their spouses.That is the way the extra marital affairs start,no body has an affair out of marriage just for the fun of it.However strong the reason maybe but nothing justifies cheating.Cheating will be cheating even if it is done for the right????reasons.If they were unhappy they should have ended the relationship with their spouses before starting on a new relationship.Is this the msg this movie is giving ,that cheating is right if its done in certain specific circumstances??

In Indian society we have a tolerant attitude towards failing marriages.. . Its difficult to put up with a FAILING marriage if there is no LOVE , fidelity or trust. I would rather opt out of it.

Yes opt out of it before u cheat!!!!!.Opting out is right ,cheating is wrong.

I agree its difficult on the KIDs... but sometimes its the best for them too. Instead of being in a family where there is no LOVE between PARENTS.

As far as KANK goes... one needs to realise that its not encouraging anyone to GO out and seek LOVE.... It says ONE doesn't necessarily have to TOLERATE a unhappy relationship .  Thats my personal perception of the MOVIE. And I have to admit I think its a very GOOD MOVIE.

Yes don't tolerate the bad marriage,is'nt there a better way to pass this message on to the impressionable generation???

How do you decide it is wrong... Its not wrong to the person who is in a bad marriage. We cannot generalise before knowing what the exact circumstances are. I think its a very personal decision. What might be wrong to you may not be wrong to the VICTIM in the marriage.

As I said before ,opting out is not wrong but cheating ur spouses is wrong.There can be NO RIGHT reasons to cheat.If we start to justify a morally wrong act then believe me there will be always something behind a bad act but does that mean that just because we have a reason ,we should do a wrong act.

I agree with you on this point that its unfair to the person ...if you know him and not love him.

ani11

IF-Sizzlerz

ani11

Posted: 31 October 2006 at 2:29pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by simply paagal

i wud lik 2 go with view of Karan Johar,he doesnt really makes movies for being hits,he shows his view.Coz i dint lik Kal Ho Na Ho.Tht wasnt my view.Here i agree 2 the view shown.What is their in living a relation tht is killing 4 ppl everyday?And i love the line'mohabbat aur maut bin bulaye aate hain'.Now love isnt only 4 those who find their love b4 marriage.

Is it OK to cheat on ur spouse??

Post Reply New Post

Go to top