Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: aimf

Hammie, Hello!
helooo.. you pulling a sickie today??  listen you'd better get well soon!
I agree with you that it was a great episode. Your takes are awesome. I rely on them when I am traveling, and sometimes unable to watch the episodes. It is like you paint the episodes with your words.
ohhh  that's very kind of you to say so.. notice my politeness 😊
I am happy that our observations about the bird flying the coop have come true, and Vip has not only returned from home, but also returned the trappings of adolescence in the form of the ball, etc. The ball really symbolises the ball and chain of infantalization of Vip by his family. The infantalization by the Tripathi family of Vip serves 2 purposes: First, it makes DT and Kanak --dominant personalities-- able to be in control at all times; and, second, it ensures that Vip is protected from their wily ways and double standards, not so much because he should be kept unspoiled, but because his nature is that of a renegade and a whistle blower.  DT and KT know full well that if Vip were to find out their wily ways of being in the world, not only would he cut off all connections with them, but would also expose them in front of the society by urging them to repent and correct their ways.
that is a great pointer to viplav's character.. key.. thanks for  putting it in word.
Vip's self-styled exile is not without its risks, from the patriarch's standpoint. There is the danger that he will grow up and see through Dasharth's double-dealings. Therefore he should be handled with kid-gloves. In an interesting paradox, DT is still infantalizing VIp. His manner, his tone, etc are indulgent towards Vip because, as you point out, he knows that there is no option left but to agree with his grandson's decision. In upholding Vip's decision to go back to the ashram, DT has a lackadaisical, yet calculating air of choosing his battles, much like an argument-weary father allowing his stubborn adolescent son to camp in the back-yard even though he has a cold. However, I feel that DT is defeated. Beneath the over-confident aura, he is insecure.
again well brought out  .. its like dashrant  paying for his misdeeds and unable to do much.. s his hands are tied down by the apple of his eye 
In a nice parody of the Ramayana, Vip, the modern Rama, leaves his father (?) figure, Dasharath, to go to the forest life symbolized by the ashram of the widows. The modern Rama is passionate, and like his ancient counterpart, a lover of what is right and correct. Technically speaking, the modern Dasharath has two wives, not three, but we must metaphorically count Kanak as the third, as she strives to be DT's equal in every way, and also languishes for his attention and approval. While ancient Ayodhya was a bustling kingdom of righteousness and festivities, the modern Ayodhya, meaning, the unconquerable one, is a miserable mansion, an empty citadel and a hotbed of sedition, intrigue, and lust for power. Ayodhya, Dasharath's mansion has stories to tell, but the walls will remain silent rather than champion what is correct. Dasharatha of the Ramayana was a truthful dharmic person, whereas the modern Dasharath is wily, two-timing, and contriving. In fact, despite his monicker, he also represents the demonic being, Ravana. Sushma Dadi is Kaushalya, the first wife of the ancient Dasharath, and the mother of Lord Rama. Although technically Kanak is the mother, Sushma has done all the mothering of Viplav, in the sense of teaching him values that count. Kanak (who, like her ancient counterpart, Kaikeyi also has two "k"s in her name) the modern version of Kaikeyi, gives the real Kaikeyi a run for her money. Kanak is quintessential and conniving, a woman of high ambitions and expectations. Like the ancient Kaikeyi, Kanak will not allow her son to be who he is; instead she wants to mold him according to her own agenda.  Durga represents Sumitra, the third wife of Dasharath, who in the Ramayana, has twins --Lakshmana and Shatrughna. Tripurari, is both Lakshmana and Shatrughna. Face-to-face with the patriarch and his family, Trip is like Lakshmana, an embodiment of filial duty and sacrifice. Behind the scenes, he seethes with the anger, and the evil twin (not that Shatrughna was evil) comes out --a totally different personality that is in keeping with the name, if not the character, of Shatrughna, which means "the slayer of enemies."
superbly put.. and I DID see your post  on the Ramayan..  it is a strong post   for it brings out the meaning of references  covered in the story..
The widows represent the vanara-sena, the army of humanoids (monkey-like)  that will help the modern Rama unveil and vanquish Ravana. Like the vanaras, the widows are misunderstood and shunned by the society.

With this backdrop in mind, I am excited to see how the plot thickens. A version of this post also appears in the main forum:
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4494152
yes saw itπŸ‘β­οΈ and many thanks to you for elucidating   the faith concepts  covered in the  story..
That is all for now, Hammie. Not feeling too well today, so I will sign off and take this body to bed. Om shantih!
listen.. i appreciate that despite you felling  under the weather you still   gave my post your comment.. plus a fantastic thread on the  diwali story.. here the schools are covering the story  across the curriculum..pupils of all ages are fascinated with  this dramatic tale of   conflict between good and bad.. where evil is defeated and righteousness is victorious..
rest and  thinking about you..   much love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: --SudhaS--

Great analysis, Hammie! 😊 Will edit in detail if I get time!

hi sudha , you came you read and said hellooo.. hammie is very happy for that my friend.. love hammie
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sasha_1939

Thank you so much HammieπŸ€—

helooo sasha  , great to see you again..   thanks for reading and commenting ,much love hammie
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: chocobrownies

Nothing to explore more when it comes to your review Hamlet.. Wonderful analysis as ever!! Excited for upcoming episodes!

hi choco , great to see you and your lovely comment..  gave my much  joy😊...  thanks and much love hammie
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: awida

Hello Hammie.  hi awida

I loved reading this take on last episode of IKRS . And my best scene was the same one you chose. Seeing ViDha sleepless in Benaras..wormed my heart. Like true soulmates they didn't bear separation even for a night. 
yes it was a sweet  romantic scene
Viplav changed a lot ..but I don't think he is doing this to find his way to Dhani's life. It seems like he really enjoys this new life style. He doesn't show a small regret . He returned each one of his beloved things. I still remember how happy he was when he received them few episodes ago. I think he returned that Jeep too. 
good he returned his  comforters..
Any way. That moment when he asked Dhani if she loves him..was another beautiful moment. I am sure he wants to know the answer. He wants and needs Dhani's love. He left his daadi, sister, mom and girlfriend for Dhani..and I won't be surprised if he started loving her since the first meeting itself. This unnoticed love motivated Viplav to change..and how!
that scene created quite a din .. it served its purpose..πŸ˜†.. cheers for commenting awida much love  and thanks  hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: tarun1234567

hi tarun ,great to  see you
hello hammie...another as usual awesome good take...

Dhaani just motivated him in very light tone...it is also not kind of insulting thing... when some says u just everytime rely on somebody everytime...This really hurts one's ego no matter how much he want to control about his feelings...But Viplav didn't burst here...he just deep analysed her words and came to sensible solution...
youre right tarun.. as friends do
Right now 2 people are more influenced in viplav's life...

1)Daadi...viplav will never let down daadi's words and her teachings...just upon one request he agreed to stay in home for one night...Nobody able to convinced him for this...

2)Dhaani--Her one positive taunt made him realize that he should help others by his own...This is really good quality he has adopted very readily without any hesitations and second thoughts...
It is Dhaani who is bringing in right path...
expectations are reaching sky high with every passing episode...
in today's episode u will be shocked to know that Dhaani is accused of murder of her husband..well we dont know about what has happened in her past...just watch today's episode asap!!!
hainnn????😲😲😲😲😲😲   what did you say  tarunnn! ok me going  to watch the episode aaj ka..   meanwhile thanks  soo much for continuing  to support my  takes much love  hammie

aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for your comments and good wishes, Hammie. Have a great evening and rest well.
samanthana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wonder ful take on yesterday epπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘isode Hammie 
..Roopal.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
beautiful take hammie πŸ‘