Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 30 October 2006 at 6:11pm | IP Logged

Hi friends!!!!

Almost all of us might have tried to impress one or the other at any point of our life,We just say that act as makkhan lagana !!!

There are somany ways to do this,depending on the person we change our techniques!!! This is also a wonderful art,we should do it with certain class else we look very downmarket!!!

This makkhan lagana process starts from childhood itself.We try to impress our Mom in the childhood!!!

Next we try to impress our Teacher.

Next we try to impress our College Professors (for Viva Voce)

Next we try to impress our Boss(in our work place)

Mean while busy to impress our loved ones(this is damn important and more stressful than academics,if we fail in exam we can write it again but in this we don't get second chance)

So I just want to know if...

Do you implement makkhan lagana technique in your life?

What is  your style of impressing others?

Cheers,

Mythili

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Makkhan Lagana !!!!!" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

realitybites

realitybites

Posted: 31 October 2006 at 1:04am | IP Logged

Mythili, where do you come up with these fromLOL

Coming to the topic its true that everyone does it at here in India across all fields.Clap No discrimination, no gender biases too.LOL

It is in other words pumping the Ego of the senior or the person in position in return of our ulterior motives or peaceful time as the case may be.

Style of impressing is always with great work and politenessTongue.

Athena90

IF-Rockerz

Athena90

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 31 October 2006 at 1:17am | IP Logged
LOLZZZ

What a topic Mythili!

But nooo i dont practise makhan lagana or maaska marna seriously. I mean there are the occasional times where i go, 'I love u very much, please do this for me' or 'your great at doing this, please help me out'EmbarrassedEmbarrassed. But thats only to friends. I dont do all that to my teachers, they are very unbiased (well most of them though). I do it with my mom alotEmbarrassedEmbarrassed. Whenever i want something i start going,'i love u mom','ur soo great' etc and my mom instantly knows that i want something!LOL

But at times its fun to maakhan lagana at times though people can get over the top. Well, personally i dont fall for all the buttering up.I just thank the person for all the compliments though i never stop them when they are doing it EmbarrassedLOLLOL But sometimes it can get over the top and then its not nice Ouch

Once again nice topic mythili.Very unique Embarrassed

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 31 October 2006 at 1:45am | IP Logged
Guys and gals!!!

Want any tips feel free to PM me LOL .
I have tons of Amul butter with me.
Utterly buterly delicious Embarrassed

Cheers,
Mythili

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 31 October 2006 at 1:46am | IP Logged
One form of it is called "schmoozing"...

Very popular in the corporate world...used to be a positive term earlier but now synonymous with " sucking up" and "manipulating" Tongue

A good way to schmooze is to get the Boss started about his kids achievements...it never fails!! Wink

Snape

Snape

Posted: 31 October 2006 at 5:26am | IP Logged
buttering people is good for health, yo :p

dont see this negative way, but charming other people for your own benifit or gain is a way of life. In our lives we come across many people who has the ability to grant us what we need , in exchange of a little schmoozing [@TallyHo.]

i'll give ya a tip ... dont let ur boss realize that he is being buttered, many people dont like the idea of being buttered , so rather use a subtle way of it.

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 31 October 2006 at 7:43am | IP Logged
Mythili, I agree we all do some makhan every now and then. The most makhan I have wasted was on my dad LOL it worked sometimes, but most of the time he was always adamant LOL My dad was very strict to me during my high school and college days and I used to literally try to impress him and flatter him so he would let me go to friend's house overnight or whatever LOL

Professionally I have never needed to use my butter. I have seen over these many years with same company that people here only gets impressed by your work. I have seen so many co workers using butter but still getting fired or not having some privileges that I sometime get, just 'coz I work hard and prove myself for what they have hired me. Some people think that buttering can get you anywhere, I think it depends upon who you are dealing with. I try to butter my boss couple months before I am planning to ask for 5 weeks vacation to visit India LOL but most of the time its ur genuine nature, sincerity and hard work that is considered, but again it depends if your boss likes butter ..Buttering works.

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 31 October 2006 at 7:53am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sowmyaa

Mythili, I agree we all do some makhan every now and then. The most makhan I have wasted was on my dad LOL it worked sometimes, but most of the time he was always adamant LOL My dad was very strict to me during my high school and college days and I used to literally try to impress him and flatter him so he would let me go to friend's house overnight or whatever LOL

Professionally I have never needed to use my butter. I have seen over these many years with same company that people here only gets impressed by your work. I have seen so many co workers using butter but still getting fired or not having some privileges that I sometime get, just 'coz I work hard and prove myself for what they have hired me. Some people think that buttering can get you anywhere, I think it depends upon who you are dealing with. I try to butter my boss couple months before I am planning to ask for 5 weeks vacation to visit India LOL but most of the time its ur genuine nature, sincerity and hard work that is considered, but again it depends if your boss likes butter ..Buttering works.

Yeah!!! Its true at the end of the day our hard work and sincerity works but sometimes we need to observe our surroundings and butter people in a classy manner!!!LOL

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.