Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

DesiChocolate

IF-Rockerz

DesiChocolate

Posted: 30 October 2006 at 4:08pm | IP Logged
Hey ,

I was looking through my book collection last night and found a friendship book my friend had given me. In it it said- What we can do to sort things out, how to work fights/problems out. But do you think these types of books truly help?

Could these kind of books make a matter worse?

Could it help situations?

Or does it depend what kind of situation your in?

Could you tell your friend "I need a break?" or vice versa.

What things in these kind of books DO help?

Does talking to a friend help? Or how would they respond? Could they really say anything if you say"You hurt my feelings"?

Personally, I don't think this happens with just face-to-face friendships anymore. Even with net friendships, and to make matters worse there, you dont know HOW they are saying it. They could be saying like "what" and mean "what do you want?" and that could start a fight.

-----------

I personally think it does not  help. Why? Because if you really look at what they say, thats not always how one person reacts. If I say to my bestfriend

"Your stupid!"(but in a very rude way)

Would she stay quiet? Or say somthing, the book can't help there, can it?

So what are your views on these types of books?

Love,
PriyaEmbarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Friendship- do books help?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Pyaari_Shailee

IF-Rockerz

Pyaari_Shailee

Posted: 01 November 2006 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
wow priya
interesting topic
I do not think a book can help friendship troubles
Every individual is different

velun

Groupbie

velun

Posted: 01 November 2006 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
Very Interesting topic.

I dont think some books help. While some books certainly do. Some books make us think in the long term and help us in resolving our identity, which in turn helps us in resolving internal conflicts and external conflicts.

Thank you,
Velu

Pradarshak

Goldie

Pradarshak

Posted: 01 November 2006 at 1:33pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Pyaari_Shailee

wow priya
interesting topic
I do not think a book can help friendship troubles
Every individual is different

To add with, our perceptions, actions and circumstances are different from each other.  Yes, as Abhijitji said "Life is not a theory". I think in US hundreds of books get published each year on topics like "friendship""relationship""marriage", but I don't think they have made any significant difference .

Edited by Pradarshak - 01 November 2006 at 3:32pm

zhasan2

IF-Rockerz

zhasan2

Posted: 01 November 2006 at 3:28pm | IP Logged
nice topic!
i dont think a book could help tell you how to solve personal or social problems...everyone is different and the techniques in books are too technical...to know how to really do this, you would need to ask someone who has really gone through all these things to get accurate answers...a book can't tell you how to solve problems with friends because everyone is different and work, think differently

hello64

Goldie

hello64

Posted: 01 November 2006 at 3:43pm | IP Logged
everonez different and so is every friendship you can't excpect everything thing to fall into place like it is said in the book.

i don't think it helps Embarrassed

RandomSquared

IF-Sizzlerz

RandomSquared

Teen Bahuraaniyan Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 01 November 2006 at 6:17pm | IP Logged
I really dont think books help friendship. I thik only time and experiences helps friendship.

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 01 November 2006 at 6:30pm | IP Logged

How to make a Friends in 30 days?

How to get divorce in 24 hours?

Never before never again book on cooking.

(Don't get scared ,these books are from my own pen and they are going to be published in a short while and discount to all IF friends)

Books don't help much in the issues of friendship,love,responsibilities.If I say books don't help at all who is going to read my link "good books and their weblinks" in DMWink,So let me say little bit practically!!!

We need to use our MIND and DIL in this type of issues.We need not read books on the issues of parents,friends and love atleast!!!! We are unique and our ideas are unique!!!

Cheers,

Mythili

Post Reply New Post

Go to top