India Forums New Logo Design

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi All,

Things at my end is going a little crazy as we are coping with so many things at the same time. 

However here are some of things that I would like to share and get your opinion on:

We revamped the entire website design last in 2008 and since then a lot of things have changed. The technology has moved much faster and I would admit I have been slow in catching up with it. And may be somewhere we followed the principle we normally do "Why fix something when its ain't broken" and this has hurt us immensely. However, its never too late if we are ready to take on the challenge and bounce back.

Starting off with the new logo:

Why we want to change the logo in the first place?

I understand that we are all attached to the current one and changing the logo is huge thing. But there are a few practical reasons why we would like to change it.

Well the problems with the current one is that it is not universal (when we make it smaller it is not clear) and graphically does not stand out when placed beside other logos or on several places as its a bit thin. Even when we place it on a Mic Boom or as a Mobile App icon its not much visible. 

Solution: New Logo

Thus we started off with a whole new logo and a lot of thought process have gone behind it and I hope you all like it and appreciate it:

Brand Concept:

Play : India-Forums is an entertainment discussion portal and mostly covers television and movies. So we felt "Play" was the right thing to resemble entertainment.

Discussion: Chat window

Community: This we are trying to show it through Colors mixing into each other like people from various background, countries, etc coming together and highlighting unity in diversity.

Logo when placed on a white background:

Logo on light and dark background along with different positioning including resizing the same as FavIcon and Mobile App Logo.

Well I have a lot of exciting news to to share with you all and will be keeping you all posted. 

Regards,
Vijay
Edited by vijay - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dr.Fear thumbnail
The new logo looks so amazing! 👏

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Can we have the original logo of IF. It's more popular & appealing.
Lets have both the looks. One with old & other with new. Then it can give better idea. May be old logo with coloured background, to give a different look.
This is just a suggetion.
Edited by mnx12 - 8 years ago
vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnx12

Can we have the original logo of IF. It's more popular & appealing. 

You mean the current one or the one before the current one?

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: vijay

You mean the current one or the one before the current one?

Current one shows unity. Like 3 parts getting together. Which represents IF more
.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
the new logo looks good..but can we have the three people from the prev logo somewhere on the new one..it looked nice Edited by .Tanya. - 8 years ago
Sutapasima thumbnail
Dear Vijay , the three colorful people holding hands is the one that appeals to me more 
its an ICON in our minds 
although I am active slightly more than a year I have been browsing for five yrs 

although the new one is good it is some how not have personal touch 
it appears impersonal 
if you are choosing one of these new ones please select the one on the white BG rather than dark BG 
-Deepzz- thumbnail
Hello Vijay 
Though I am not an expert on logo or creative stuff  ..it looks good. Simple and eye catchy . It looks like a lot of time and effort went into this and hope this is the final image . 

Once this rolls out , can you please get back into fixing many coding issues ,ghost reports ,  bugs , PM drafts and lists  we have . We would appreciate if you could tell us how much longer we have to wait . Its been pending so long and we have been patiently waiting for the tech team to wrap up the priority mob app & image rebranding . 

Thanks for hearing us out. 
Edited by -Deepzz- - 8 years ago
.LovelyDreamer. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
New logo looks nice.. and the concept too..
vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnx12

Current one shows unity. Like 3 parts getting together. Which represents IF more

Thank you for the feedback. I understand we get attached to them and changing the logo is huge thing. But there are a few practical reasons why we would like to change it.

Well the problems with the current one is that it is not universal (when we make it smaller it is not clear) and graphically does not stand out when placed beside other logos or on several places as its a bit thin 

Even when we place it on a Mic Boom its not much visible. 

Edited by vijay - 8 years ago