Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: hermione82

Good good

I hope Saif is side kick too

That is anyways pucca. So nothing to discuss there. πŸ˜†
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Considering that Vishal has such an amazing history with both Shahid AND Saif (giving them heir career best roles in the past) I doubt either Shahid or Saif are sidekicks. 
Vishal seems quite loyal with actors he's worked in the past with, Tabu, Shahid, now Saif. 
ImagineMe thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Kangana plays the actress - Julia... 

Food for thought on who has the main role...

The movie was originally titled Julia, until the name change in May prior to the offfical announcement. πŸ˜‰

Regardless, I hope this is an outcome that gets the appreciation of the level of Omkara, Haider or Maqbool.  

All 3 are strong actors who have potential to do great work under a filmmaker of Vishal's calibre.
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ImagineMe

Kangana plays the actress - Julia..

Food for thought on who has the main role...

The movie was originally titled Julia, until the name change in May prior to the offfical announcement. πŸ˜‰

Regardless, I hope this is an outcome that gets the appreciation of the level of Omkara, Haider or Maqbool.  

All 3 are strong actors who have potential to do great work under a filmmaker of Vishal's calibre.

Omkara was titled after Ajay's character, but it was Saif who had the strongest role.
Haider was titled after Shahid's character, but Tabu took the max accolades

I don't see the point of sitting here and debating how the two male leads will play second fiddle.Seems HIGHLY unlikely to me.

A) This is bollywood, male dominated. The films where Kangana was the "central lead" and others side kicks had male actors that weren't mainstream or popular (Rajkumar Rao in Queen or Maddy in TWM2). I don't think that works with mainstream actors like Shahid or Saif. Saif wasn't even second fiddle to Katrina or Deepika (even though dpad had better character in Cocktail), so forget Kagnana.

B) Both male leads have prior history of best characters with said director

C) Neither would be willing to do a film with each other had their characters not carried some weight

D) Neither Shahid nor Saif do any "side kick" roles. I don't remember the last time these two played side kick, even at the lowest of lows of their careers. 
Edited by desigal90 - 8 years ago
ImagineMe thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: desigal90

Omkara was titled after Ajay's character, but it was Saif who had the strongest role.
Haider was titled after Shahid's character, but Tabu took the max accolades

I don't see the point of sitting here and debating how the two male leads will play second fiddle.Seems HIGHLY unlikely to me.

A) This is bollywood, male dominated. The films where Kangana was the "central lead" and others side kicks had male actors that weren't mainstream or popular (Rajkumar Rao in Queen or Maddy in TWM2). I don't think that works with mainstream actors like Shahid or Saif. Saif wasn't even second fiddle to Katrina or Deepika (even though dpad had better character in Cocktail), so forget Kagnana.

B) Both male leads have prior history of best characters with said director

C) Neither would be willing to do a film with each other had their characters not carried some weight

D) Neither Shahid nor Saif do any "side kick" roles. I don't remember the last time these two played side kick, even at the lowest of lows of their careers. 

Despite the length and who the protagonist is, the 3 actors will be utilized well in his movie. That has been the trend. Haider, for instance, had 3 solid performances irrespective of length.

One can always hope for 2017 award season to have the names of these actors for Lead Actress, Lead Actor, Supporting Actor honors.  

Vishal just make sure your story, screenplay and direction is in top form. I have full faith in these actors who won't let a solid script down.

Originally posted by: Shy_

Side kick to alia in shandar

Side kick to others in udta punjab
Side kick in rangoon too

Side hero of bollywood

Which side?

Tried copying your "which half" comment.

pakeezah thumbnail
OP
Saif Shahid playing sidekick to Kangana

. you really are trying to bring down women arent you? 

99.9 % of bollywood films have male protagonists with leading ladies as (side kicks) is there any problem for a male lead to play a role with less screen time than his leading lady?

Even IF the above is true, and Saif and Shahid dont hv as much screen time as Kangana (this would depend on the story) dont you want to APPLAUD heroes for agreeing to the role and not looking at whether they will be overshadowed by the heroine? Dont you want to admire their GUTS?

This shows not 2 heroes willing to play 'sidekick' as you so crassly put it, but a level of confidence in their abilities that they are willing to do a role on the basis of content not screen time.

NDTV review of haider said of Shahid...
quote"

Shahid's torn troubled tormented Haider, the actor brings out all the inner conflicts in a shimmering rush of Shakespearean angst. With this one performance, Shahid proves himself notches above all his contemporaries. "unquote

why then would such an actor bother about screen time.

Edited by pakeezah - 8 years ago
pakeezah thumbnail

Originally posted by: B-TEX

Which side?

Tried copying your "which half" comment.

I wouldnt call any role Shahid ever played 'flowerpot'πŸ˜†