Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
LOL Sarah, the resident CC desi feminist...I'm surprised you have nothing to say about the YRF Man's world short series I posted a few pages back...thought that would totally appeal to your feminist senses. 
AreYaar thumbnail
I watched Baahubali...ROFL the level of misogyny in south indian movies is truly something else...there was this whole random scene of the guy removing the armor and clothes of this "warrior woman" chick and transforming her into skimpily clad bimbo that he then "decorated" with juices from berries as lipstick and kaajal and the girl got all impressed by this and proceeded to instantly fall in love with him and sleep with him...waaah🤣

I also found all this ironic in light of the fact that the movie also had  a strong female character in the form of that Rajmata lady who saves Baahubali...ek taraf they objectify women in such pathetic ways and on the other end they show them being worshipped as "queens" and "goddesses"...lol desi hypocrisy in all it's glory...waah re "culture"...sad thing is ki north ho ya south...story of misogyny is the same...just different levels of expressing it.

Action sequences were good but the lead actor is blahh...sirf muscles ke bal pe cast kar diya lagta hai...only the Rajmata lady ki acting I liked and woh Anushka toh was caked in bad makeup throughout...story mein khaas scope hi nahin tha...cliffhanger does make you want to watch the conclusion cuz most of the answers still haven't been given...it's not a typical trilogy I guess.
Bazinga thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Anu I will post my detailed views on Bahubali tomorrow. 

@Quantico I was intrigued by the twins and that "gay" guy Simon too. I agree with you, I too thought PC would go overboard especially with her accent but I was kind of surprised by her performance.I am not sure how the FBI dean lady was involved in this. About Liam, I found him intriguing in the sense I was intrigued by how his character was written,  not by the actor per se, he seems like a grey character, not in the kind of he has a tragic past and hence turned to the dark side way .
AreYaar thumbnail
I watched ZGH yesterday again...such a gem of a show, man...can rewatch it n number of times...makes you even more allergic to typical desi show melodrama when you see the the refinement with which most of the characters talk...even their drama isn't crass in that sense. 

I also randomly checked out epis of old shows like Hum Log and Buniyaad...back then even Indian shows had the classiness that Pak shows somehow have still managed to retain...but sadly most desi shows are just pale copycats of the current trends...ek ZGH aaya toh uske lame copycats banaake ki koshish ki but no show really managed to capture that essence of basic DIGNIFIED human behavior...

Only possible Indian show in recent times that had that old school dignity and charm was NBT in the first 5-6 months...that genuine sort of slice of life dignity not riding on everyday high level ka melodrama. 
Edited by AreYaar - 8 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
I miss gusse wala Duttaa😆

And grumpy yet grudgingly caring Dutta😆

And Suds ki dhulaai karne wala Dutta😎

AreYaar thumbnail
Those last few MR epis were such fun, man😆...going through my old gifs folder after ages and all nostalgic now

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Rashmi D makes entry as new widow in IKRS...

TOI Spoilers of IKRS - This week.. 
Episode - 50 06:30 PM - 07:15 PM, 06 Oct 
Tulsi tries to help the other widows of the ashram and finally succeeds in winning their hearts and trust.

Episode - 51 06:30 PM - 07:15 PM, 07 Oct 
Even though Tulsi manages to win everyone's trust, Viplav becomes suspicious of her when he finds her with a gold coin.

Episode - 52 06:30 PM - 07:15 PM, 08 Oct 
Tulsi decides to work on her plan. She disguises herself and goes to the temple to steal the idol.

Episode - 53 06:30 PM - 07:15 PM, 09 Oct 
Tulsi uses Dhaani as a pawn to accomplish her mission of stealing the idol during the maha aarti and succeeds in getting Dhaani blamed for act.

@Anu
Lovely avi's of MR as Dutta bhau by u dear! 😊

P.S Completely agree with ur take on women used in Bahubali movie! 
Edited by -Swetha- - 8 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Revising opinion on Quantico...second epi was total superficial b.s😆...and action sequences are deffo not PC's thing...not making for a convincing FBI agent, any of the girls in the show so far. 
Bazinga thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Oh I haven't watched the second episode, can I just avoid it then? Lol
AreYaar thumbnail
Part three...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAYn5_72odY[/YOUTUBE]

DIED laughing in the bit with the Women starring version of CID..."DIYA, Darwaaza tod do"🤣

I'm just loving this series SO much...imagine if even ONE day men had to function in a world like this...1 ghantaa bhi last na karein...😆...so hilarious to see the reversal of the coat scene too...hahaha