Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago
Kaabil
I was reluctant to see this movie. The trailer never appealed to me. However, the movie was pleasantly better than expected. It is an interesting story line and executed well. The pacing and plot twists were also nice. The soundtrack and infusion of unnecessary item song were distracting though. Hrithik does well with the action. 

Raees

This is not Shahrukh's best work, but one of his better ones after a long time. It is a trip down memory lane to both old school gangster cinema and Shahrukh as the grey lead. SRK gives a restrained performance and we get one of the most well developed characters in recent times. There was something compelling about the Muharram scenes, they brought to life the local culture at the time. 

Raees vs Kaabil

Both are equal films that shine for different reasons. Watch Kaabil for a tighter story and intriguing second half. Watch Raees for better characters and punchy one liners. There is no compelling reason to pick one over the other unless you have a preference in the leads. 

Pink

One of the most relevant films of our times. Every performance is raw and real. I wanted to cry and scream along with the girls in every scene. One of the smartest things the movie does is hold back what happened until the end credits. Personally, I found Amitabh a bit over the top. He took too much space. But I guess they needed a big star to promote this movie. The movie really holds a mirror to society. 

The Handmaiden

The Handmaiden is a Korean erotic thriller that is an adaptation of the Gothic Victorian novel Fingersmith. The novel can be best described as an inception of cons with three cons simultaneously taking place with each other resulting in twists and turns. The movie takes a more optimistic approach and resolves within two cons. But the movie ending does take on a darker more sadistic tone. The extended erotic scenes may not be palatable for some, but the art, cinematography and editing make this a must see thriller. 

briahna thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by: angrybread

RAEES 

Brilliant movie ...took me back to 80s 90s

Shahrukh and nawazuddin absolutely brilliant - 2 power houses 👍🏼

Shahrukh's entry gave me goos-bump and those Kohl eyes have stayed with me and still haunting me 😳