mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Saif Ali Khan opens up about how his daughter liked his latest film, how Kareena and he maintain different professional lives and how he doesn't think of his mother as an actress. 

Kareena recently said that Saif is lucky to have me...

Yeah, sure. I am very lucky to have her for sure...she is an amazing person.

Eyebrows were raised when you didn't turn up for Lakme Fashion Week where Kareena was the showstopper.

I was watching TV at home, which I want to do a lot. There are many things I won't turn up for and people should not expect me to. Kareena does not expect me to do so either. We lead such hectic lives that it would be unfair to expect this ... that's not my relationship with her and maybe that's why I am lucky. Fashion Week is a big public event and it's really nice how everyone is dressed up and there are some really exciting clothes which designers are making; but I don't see myself as an overly public figure. I don't turn up for everything and I hope I don't offend anyone.

Has Kareena seen your latest film Phantom and what was her reaction?

She says she loves it ... but she will say that for most films. The only thing that really matters is a good reaction ... like my daughter really liked the film, she said she cried so her review was interesting.

Are you happy with the numbers Phantom has scored at the box office?

Yes, it is good.

Some people felt Katrina's role didn't make much impact.

Some people still criticise her Hindi or her acting and they have been doing it for some time now, but she is still one of the biggest stars in the country ... people obviously love her and they want to see her on screen. In this film, she has attempted something really different and I admire her for that choice. She is an asset to the film.

What is your next film Rangoon with Kangana Ranaut and Shahid Kapoor about?

It's and exciting love story and I am looking forward to working with Vishal (Bharadwaj) again after Omkara.

Shahid is at a peak of his career so will there be competition?

I am sure there is going to be nice competition, not just with Shahid but everybody. Everyone will compete to be good in the film and that's the whole point. But I think it will all be healthy.

Are you doing Mr. Chalu?

No.

What is the professional space that you like to watch yourself in?

I think I have done all kinds of film but the audience liked films like Cocktail, and Love Aaj Kal. Some characters are grey and edgy and some are sweet guys. I don't think anybody likes a villain; even I don't like a villain... who wants to like a villain? In Omkara, my character was not a villain, he was just a different kind of guy.

Do you miss your mother, on screen?

No. I don't think of my family at all in terms of their professional life so I don't look at it that way. She has played my mother a couple of times, and there is a special connection when you see her doing that...so maybe we can do that sometime. I think she has always chosen films that are really interesting but I don't think of her as an actress, I think of her as my mother.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 8 years ago
nice interview. Hope he gets some recognition for Phantom..Brilliant work done !