S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
Two decades after she made her debut in television with Hum Paanch, which eventually catapulted her into the bigger world of showbiz, Bollywood actor Vidya Balan will soon be seen on the small screen again.

Quoting a source close to the actor, a report in Mumbai tabloid Mid-Day suggests that "an international production house had approached Vidya to host a Ted Talk show (talk series)". The report adds that Vidya "liked the concept" and the producers are in the process of identifying a list of celebrities who could be featured on the show.

Earlier this year, there were reports that a Hollywood studio had approached Vidya to host a series along the lines of Oprah Winfrey's Show. "There are two ideas I was approached for sometime back, but I've asked the makers to develop the concept first. If I like the final concept, then maybe I will go ahead," the Kahani star had said in an earlier interview to Hindustan Times.

"When the writing gets to a level of Mad Men or Six Feet Under, then I will be more than happy to do television shows. I don't want to be part of just another reality or fiction show that does not interest me," she had said.

According to latest reports, Vidya apparently liked the concept and has even discussed her own inputs with the makers. "They are still figuring out a list of celebrated figures from different fields who would be interested in being featured on the show," the source was quoted.

Hindustan Times could not verify this report

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
She is witty and very articulate ..I think she will be a good host of a talk show
walkashame thumbnail
She is embarrassing to watch on talk shows. Tries too hard and reveals too much. Also them giggles.