Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

We behaved with SHINEY as nothing has happened: ANIL KAPOOR

Thrasher thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Actor Anil Kapoor says everybody made his co-star Shiney Ahuja comfortable on the sets of Anees Bazmee's "Welcome Back". Shiney will be making a comeback with the film. In June 2009, his domestic help lodged a police complaint against him alleging rape; he was arrested and subsequently sentenced to seven years' imprisonment. He is currently out on bail. "I don't look at it that way. He is a good actor, he has done well in the film. We all made him feel very comfortable " we never brought up the topic (of rape case). We behaved as if nothing has happened. When we started working we were like professionals," Kapoor told PTI. 

Kapoor would be reprising his role of Majnu Bhai in "Welcome Back", a sequel to 2007 hit comedy film "Welcome". The sequel will release soon. "The biggest compliment is people call me Majnu Bhai wherever you go. They want me to speak those lines," he said. "Nana (Patekar) and I are two different faces and different kind of actors. Our chemistry has worked. It is magical when both of us are there on screen," Kapoor said. But what about Patekar's famous temper? "I feel he is hard on the surface but internally he is very soft and emotional guy. He is like a child," Kapoor said. The new additions to the sequel are Naseeruddin Shah, Dimple Kapadia, John Abraham and Shruti Hassan. "I have worked with both of them (Naseeruddin and Dimple). It was fun working on the film with them. It is a comedy film so it is like having fun. You can't go and critique these films, you have to go and enjoy such films." "John (who also stars in the film) is a cool guy...he is a fit guy. He is into body building. I am healthy and fit but I don't have big arms and muscles. I have never been a body builder," Kapoor said.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Is it?? Great! Humanity at its peak!!!
But I want to ask if the one who Shiney allegedly raped happens to be the daughter of one of the members on the set, how comfortable would you have made him then??
smh Anil you have two daughters at home what if something like this would happen to them?
Shiney is an animal also is he firang? He looks very Lulia Vanturish to me 🤢
Quietude thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Anil needs to be careful of what he says, I never like his interviews. 

Sonam is way more likeable than him. 
Tahira-2013 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
But guys was it proved that he actually raped that girl ? i mean i heard from someone that he was innocent, so I'm little shocked now seeing hate for him.
and if it's true than really Shame on Anil
Pr1yanka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Would Anil kapoor do the same if his daughter was at the receiving end? That is a question he needs to ask himself.
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Bad answer Anil.  But then again, why was he given this job and this role to begin with?  What is with this industry's blind loyalty to its own kind?  It's just so disgusting.  
Pr1yanka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
This content was originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Bad answer Anil.  But then again, why was he given this job and this role to begin with?  What is with this industry's blind loyalty to its own kind?  It's just so disgusting.  

Birds of same feather...
Ewww, this guy gives me creeps. Then again, my family all loved Welcome more cuz of Nana Patekar. So Welcome 2 shall be watched. Just hope he has a 2 min role...

Shiney Ahuja was setenced for seven years in jail for rape.

Shiney was arrested June 15, 2009 after medical tests on the maid confirmed sexual assault.

The 20-year-old maid had in June 2009 lodged a police complaint alleging she was raped by Shiney, 37, while she was at work at his residence, following which the actor was arrested.

In August 2009, the case was moved to a fast track court. Shiney was granted bail in October 2009 citing lack of evidence.

After more than a year, the maid in September 2010 told the court that the rape never took place. The medical examination in June 2009, however, confirmed rape.

She also stated before the judge that she made the serious charge against Shiney because of pressure from a woman who introduced her to the actor.

Shiney's lawyer Shrikant Shivade said that relying mostly on the police complaint filed against the actor, the court did not accept the maid's version that she was not raped as the judge felt that she gave false evidence.

In a 109-page chargesheet, Shiney was accused of rape, criminal intimidation and holding his maid hostage.

Convicted Salman Khan in support of rapist. 

"Seven years? Seven years is a lot! I have been locked up myself, so I know what happens," said shocked Salman, who himself has had brief stints in jail. The 45-year-old was embroiled in a hit-and-run case as well as in a black buck shooting case

"I hope he (Shiney) is innocent, and if anyone is trying to frame him, that person should come out in the open. Seven-year jail term is too long, especially if someone has lied about it," added Salman.
~~~~~
I don't understand why they have to cast criminals in the movie. Is it because all the money comes from the underworld. There are 1000's of struggler in the industry