Users

Frequent Posters

munni_rajatfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I agree, Devki, but I do not want Rajat to end up like Anupam Kher after Saaransh,  never offered roles of his own age, but  only those  of much ofder men. Filmmakers have the herd mentality; after Anand, they all tried to cast Amitabh as a Bengali dhoti-clad Babu Moshai.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: devkidmd

I feel that RT did exceptionally well even as a middle aged man. He altered his whole body language, his voice too was different. For a barely 24 year old to play a king in his late forties convincingly needs real talent and he portrayed what he was supposed to very well. Unfortunately the script especially after the big leap did not support him.

Devki

Originally posted by: sashashyam

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">He can alter his voice to suit the character, Munni, see what wazan he managed to give to Jalal'a voice! And in the right roles, his height need not matter.

I am keeping my fingers tightly crossed for him to succeed in the way he deserves to succeed on the basis of his talent.

I am especially glad of this rerun of Jodha Akbar because any director or producer wanting to cast him can see him as he really is as the young Jalal, and his extraordinarily alive and handsome persona is not overlaid by the recent image of the middle-aged Akbar he had to play for the last 200 episodes of the show.

Shyamala Aunty

Shah67 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
[QUOTE=sashashyam]I agree, Devki, but I do not want Rajat to end up like Anupam Kher after Saaransh,  never offered roles of his own age, but  only those  of much ofder men. Filmmakers have the herd mentality; after Anand, they all tried to cast Amitabh as a Bengali dhoti-clad Babu Moshai.

Shyamala Aunty

That is true. RT has one advantage over Anupam Kher though, a head full of hair.😊 And he is better looking. 
But you are right about getting typecast. 

Devki