Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

Regarding teej and other similar festivals

Stalwart. Goldie
Stalwart.
Stalwart.

Posted: 28 August 2015 at 3:00am | IP Logged

We know Teej, Karwa chauth etc. are husband and wife festivals. Also unmarried women can take part in these rituals.

In BV land we have seen Anandi (after div. Jagya) and Ganga (after div. Ratan) doing teej pooja. Even now Nimboli will perform teej. They said women who start teej fast have to observe it throughout their life. 

Then why Anandi is exempted from this now? Even Gehna after Basant didn't perform teej puja !? And what about Dadisa?

When divorced women can go ahead with this custom why can't widowed women? What makes the difference?

Shinya IF-Dazzler
Shinya
Shinya

Posted: 28 August 2015 at 5:31am | IP Logged
I think this is a rajasthani festival. So probably a rajasthani forum member might be able to solve your doubts.
I had never heard of this festival before BV.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Stalwart.

saba113 IF-Dazzler
saba113
saba113

Posted: 28 August 2015 at 7:24am | IP Logged
Well what is shown in serial widows don't   fast  for teej but someone told on forum  Daddu fasted even being a man in memories of his wife so going by that theory Dadisaa and Anandi can fast too and perform the prayers as a memory for their late husbands 
Rest these teej is not part my culture and religion so don't knowLOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kikyoStalwart.Beautiful-Soultiny15

SPuja IF-Dazzler
SPuja
SPuja

Posted: 28 August 2015 at 7:57am | IP Logged
We should not try to understand why they show festivals like this. The serials think festivals and weddings are for bright clothes, jewelry etc. It is a fact that fast that are meant for husband are usually kept by married women and to a lesser extent - unmarried girls in hope that this will get them better husband LOL. [ In my hostel my roommate kept teej fast (hartalika teej - in serial it is usually haryali teej) and gave the logic that it will help get her good husband. When I asked - whether her would be husband not wanting a good wife, and if so why boys don't keep fast? Her reply was - I am fasting so I will get good husband - he probably is not fasting so he has to accept whatever wife he will get LOL ].
Widows and divorcees don't fast - but in serial - the divorcee and abandoned wife continue to fast just to show some festivity. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

kikyoStalwart.saba113Beautiful-Soultiny15

saba113 IF-Dazzler
saba113
saba113

Posted: 28 August 2015 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SPuja

We should not try to understand why they show festivals like this. The serials think festivals and weddings are for bright clothes, jewelry etc. It is a fact that fast that are meant for husband are usually kept by married women and to a lesser extent - unmarried girls in hope that this will get them better husband LOL. [ In my hostel my roommate kept teej fast (hartalika teej - in serial it is usually haryali teej) and gave the logic that it will help get her good husband. When I asked - whether her would be husband not wanting a good wife, and if so why boys don't keep fast? Her reply was - I am fasting so I will get good husband - he probably is not fasting so he has to accept whatever wife he will get LOL ].
Widows and divorcees don't fast - but in serial - the divorcee and abandoned wife continue to fast just to show some festivity. 
bold hahaLOL that was a clever answer 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Stalwart.MisseshaSPujaBeautiful-Soultiny15

SPuja IF-Dazzler
SPuja
SPuja

Posted: 28 August 2015 at 9:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by saba113

Originally posted by SPuja

bold hahaLOL that was a clever answer 

In hostel - such question and such witty answers are allowed - nobody dares ask such questions at home - and answer to such question would be quite different if the same girl was asked this question by her friend  at home Tongue

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Stalwart.saba113tiny15

surabhi01 IF-Sizzlerz
surabhi01
surabhi01

Posted: 28 August 2015 at 10:24am | IP Logged
is teej vrat not suppose to be break after next morning ?do women break teej fast seeing moon ?

Edited by surabhi01 - 28 August 2015 at 10:22am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Stalwart.

SPuja IF-Dazzler
SPuja
SPuja

Posted: 28 August 2015 at 10:38am | IP Logged
Yes, teej is supposed to be 24 hours fast - moon is significant in karva chauth only. But BV can mix and match anything.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Stalwart.saba113surabhi01tiny15

Go to top