Kumkum Bhagya

An ABHIGYA OS: Turn of Events

ShivaliShaji thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

AN ABHIGYA OS: Turn of Events

A/N: Too much have been going on in KKB. I like the new Pragya very much. I had stopped watching the show due to dumb dragging but the badli badli si Pragya dragged me back. So I was watching repeats yesterday and I got this idea. This happens according to the episodes last year around this time but I have added scenes with reference to other incidents.

SUMMARY: Abhi fell in love with Pragya when he had saved her from drowning. He had felt betrayed when he found out that she had bagged Purab' and even more when she accepted the proposal for money, ditching Purab.' But when there is drastic change in their lives, Abhi realize that his love still stays pure and undisturbed.

(In Abhi's point of view)

Aaliya was wrong, for the first time. Pragya was not the girl Purab was in love with, Bulbul was the one. And he ran away with her, breaking Sarla ma's heart, killing her. Pragya is not the same anymore; she has turned into a mere shadow of her former self, well at least the former self I know. I try to keep Aaliya away from her. I don't want to prick her with any more pain than she's already suffering from by flaunting my super model girlfriend. Purab and Bulbul is back. And this has made Aaliya brutish than ever and the one to suffer all her insults is Chashmish. Even though everything is such a mess at the Arora's, I made Pragya go stay there. But she still calls Dadi every day, just to check on me, her, Dasis, Bunty and Bubbly.

Rockstar Dadi was too angry at Purab and Bulbul that she didn't let Bulbul see her mother's corpse. Bulbul is staying at Purab's. Purab sort of hates me now. I don't blame him; I have ruined his favourite Di's life, his love was ruined due to me and his honewaale saas is dead  because of me and my sister, my saas is dead because of my stupidity.

Dadi has decided to bring her back tomorrow and she has ordered me to pick her up. Dadi thinks we're living a happy married life. If she knew that what kind of injustice I have done to the girl of her choice, she would never let me see her face again. I miss Chashmish myself, got to admit- She makes way better cinnamon coffee than Dadi and she's way better a source of support and peace than the supermodel, Tanushree Mehta. Ms. Mehta and I are not together anymore and I prefer to not address her informally. She hid the letter that Purab wrote to me. If I had read it, maybe I wouldn't have behaved with her the way I did, in front of Dadi, Sarla Ma and everyone. Maybe Sarla Ma wouldn't have felt so bad, maybe she wouldn't have felt guilty for ruining her daughter's sasural. But if she knew the truth, she would've got Bulbul married to Purab as revenge, for ruining her bholi daughter's happiness. And what about my adhuri pyaar (incomplete love)? Well I have a whole lifetime to complete it!

"Abhi Sir?" I closed my diary hearing Robin's deep but childish voice.

"Haan, kya baat hai Robin? (Yes, what is it Robin?)" I replied, rubbing the back of my neck as I got up from the couch on which Chashmish used to sleep.

"Sir, aapko aaj Babhi ko ghar vaapas laana hai. Aap bhool gayi kya? (Sir, you have to bring Babhi back home today. Did you forget?)" He asked, clearing the table of my beer bottles and cashew nuts.

"Usei kal laana hai na? (She should be brought back tomorrow, right?)" I asked, unsure myself.

"No Sir, subah aat bhaj gayi hai. Vaise aap raat bar jaag raha tha kya? Bed dekhar aisa lag rahi hai jaise aap usmain soyyi nahi aur aapki aankhein- (No Sir, it's eight in the morning. By the way, you were awake all night? The bed looks like it had not been slept on and your eyes-)"

"Tum zyaada math dekh, Robin. Mujhe neembu-paani banake laa. Sar ghoom raha hai mera. (You needn't look too much, Robin. Bring me lemonade, my head's spinning.)" I dismissed him with a gesture and walked over to the washroom.

I brushed my teeth thrice and gurgled with my mint mouthwash; she hates it when I smell like sharaab. I undressed and took a shower, not bothering to use the Jacuzzi. I quickly dried myself and tied the bath towel around my waist. I walked over to bathroom mirror and was about to put on the gel that was gifted by Ta... Ms. Mehta when I remembered the face she made when she first smelt it. I told her that day that Dadi had gifted it to him and she was like, "Dadi? Please, Dadi got enough sense to know the difference between kushboo (scent) and badhboo (stench)!" I laughed as I recollected those chote negligible moments. If only I had known from the beginning that Bulbul was the Purab was in love with.

Now, Aaliya has become the villain. She showed her true colours, one which appalled me. She said to my face that Purab is her zid (obsession) and she wouldn't like it if anyone came in between them, even if it was me. So much for sisterly love!

I walked out of the washroom and got onto finding my proper tearless jeans and shirt; I don't want to piss her with my phatte hue jeans' and kindergartner ki t-shirts'. I finally managed to get a pair of faded blue jeans and a white shirt. I put it on and was about to go out when I noticed my annoying' piercings and dog tags. I took off the dog tags and replaced my massing piercing with much smaller, unnoticeable ones. Then I walked out after putting on formal leather shoes and complimenting myself.

I was busy fishing out my wallet when Robin came in with my lemonade. I straightened up and was about to walk forward to get the glass when he dropped the tray, standing there like an idiot with a wide mouth.

"Kya hua? Kuch aawaaz aa rahi thi! (What happened? We heard some sound!)" Dadi rushed over with Dasis following her. They too took one look at me and stood there with wide eyes and mouths.

"Kya hai? Koyy bhoot dekh liya kya? (What is it? Did you see any ghost?)" I asked, glaring at them, annoyed. I turned around and open the nightstand drawer and find my wallet in there. That's where she usually keeps my wallet and credit cards. I turned around and found the foursome still staring at me. I chose to ignore them and went downstairs. There I saw Aakash coming my way. He raised his hand to greet me but stopped in mid air and gaped at me like the other chaar pagla bandhar (four crazy monkeys). Mithali Babhi came from the side and patted on his arm.

"Kya hua Aakash? (What happened Aakash?)" She asked him. He gestured to me. She too turned to look at me and started gaping at me. I frowned and went out. At the doorstep Bahadur Chachu started staring at me and at the parking lot, my driver. I glared at him as I snatched the car keys from him and drove off myself. It takes fifteen minutes to reach Sarla Ma's house. As I neared the neighbourhood, I felt extreme joy. I am going to see the Pragya I fell for. I wouldn't have to torture her anymore and we will become hubby-wifey in all senses. With such happy thoughts, I parked my car at a Pay n' Park', giving the attendee my autograph instead of money and hurried towards the house. I was about to cross the road to the house when someone bumped into me. I turned around to see Suresh, glaring at me.

"Hey, how are you?" I asked him, holding my hand out to help him up. He shoved it away and got up himself.

"Fine... Thank you. Tum Pragya se milne aayi hui? (Are you here to visit Pragya?)" He asked hesitantly.

"Nahi, usei vaapas le jaane aayi hui. (No, I am here to pick her up.)" I smiled. I tapped my foot on the ground swifter by the minute. I am sad about Sarla Ma but I can't wait anymore to start a new life with Pragya, to give her all the happiness she deserves.

"Oh, you're a great husband!" He stated and I just smiled.

"I mean, your wife's mother died aur tum funeral pe aaya, bheevi ko yaha chodkar gaya aur ab dho hafthe baadh usei lene aayi hai. Bahuth badiya. (and you came for the funeral, left your wife here and now is back after two weeks to get her. Really appreciative.)" he sneered.

I rolled my eyes and told myself to keep my cool.

"Bro, tumhei hamare personal matters main interefere karne ki koyi zaroorat nahi hai. Hamaare ghar main kuch ho raha tha jisse mein meri bheevi ko dhoor rakna chaahtha tha aur woh sab sambhaalthe mujhe kuch dher lagi. Teek hai? Ab main chalthe hai. (Bro, you don't have to interfere in our personal matters. We had some problem in our house from which I wanted to keep her away and it took me some time to control everything. Alright? Now I gotta go.) Nice bumping into you." I said and quickly cross the road muttering a NOT'  to myself.

I quickly hopped up the stairs and pressed on the doorbell multiple times. After a few seconds, Purvi opened the door. And to my disappointment, she too started gaping at me. I frowned and snapped my fingers in front of her face. She was startled and started mumbling something. Then she smirked and said,

"Jiju, patha hai ki aap apni bheevi ko dekhne keliye thadap rahi par control kar nahi toh hamaara doorbell aur khaan toond jaaongi. (Jiju, I know that you are craving to see your wife but control yourself or else our door bell and ears, both will be broken)"

she was laughing at her joke. It's good to see her laugh. Last time I saw her, she was a sobbing mess. I couldn't console her as I was holding onto Dadi who was a disaster herself.

"Sorry Purvi, where's my wife?" I asked.

"Jiju, Di ki thabaiyath kuch teek sa nahi hai. (Jiju, Di's health not good these days)" She said hesitantly. I know, I think. I wanted to come see her sooner but Dadi asked me to wait till Aaliya was sent to Australia. She doubted that I may bring her back then and there if I got to meet her.

"Mujhe sab patha hai. Aaliya ki wajah se mein nahi aaya. Dadi ne mujhe update kar rahi thi. Woh mujhe kabi phone nahi ki par Dadi ko roz kar raha tha. (I know everything. I didn't come because of Aaliya. Dadi was updating me with everything. She never called me but was calling Dadi daily.)" I said, my smile never fading.

"Call? Jiju, Di's unconscious." Purvi stated, bewildered.

"What?" I growled. I felt my blood rushing through my veins and my heart thudding faster. I shoved her aside and stomped to her room. I slammed the door open and was about to shout when I saw her; covered in a faded duvet, with an IV drip connected to her left hand and a wet cloth on her forehead. She looked thinner, way thinner than the last time I saw her. I didn't even think that was possible. I mean she was just skin and bones anyway.

"Koyyi mujhe bathaaya kyun nahi? (Why didn't anyone tell me?)" I hissed angrily. I knew for certain that Purvi was right behind me.

"Mujhe laga ki aapko Dadiji ne batha chuki hogi. Actually doctor ne kaha tha ki Di kal hi udoongi par uda. Mein yeh baath Dadiji ko bathaane keliye unhei phone karnewaala tha par aap aa gayi. (I thought Dadiji would have already told you. Actually doctor had told that Di will wake up yesterday but she didn't. I was about to call Dadiji to inform her but then you came.)" She said as she walks over to the nurse who was attending her. She whispered something to her. The nurse looked at me with admiration and then exited the room with Purvi.

"Rockstar Dadi and Janki Ma?" I asked emotionlessly, watching her about to close the door behind her.

"Went to Amritsar, for doing some pooja. Jiju, aap koshish karo. Shaayad aapke aawaaz sunkar Di udei. Aur Jiju? Sarla ma ke marne ke baadh Di ek bhi aasoon nahi bahaaya. (Jiju, you please try. Maybe Di will wake up hearing your voice. And Jiju? After Sarla Ma's death, Di hasn't shed a tear)" I could feel Purvi tearing up so I decided against accusing her for not informing me of my wife's condition. Purvi closed the door and I heard two pair of footsteps fade away.

I turned around and look at Pragya's fragile figure lying on the bed. I can't believe Dadi didn't inform me of this. But if she had done it, it would be for a reason.

I walked to her and sat on the edge of the bed. I observed her face for a long time. I wanted to do this from the first time I saw her but our situations compelled me to tame those small small desires and gestures of mine.

"Hey you idiot, udo (get up)!!" I called, pulling her nose. It quickly turned red and she frowned.

"Oh hello drama queen. Mein teri bholi behen nahi hui, ab ud!!! (I am not your naive sister, now get up!!)" I said again, this time a little louder.

"Jiju??" I heard a knock on the door.

"Nothing Purvi, criticizing her is the only way to get her to respond." I chuckled. I heard giggles from outside.

"Oh hey Tanu, long time. Ek tight sa intimate sa hug dho! (Give me a tight intimate hug!!)" I said to thin air and made loud kissy noises. This was the trick I used to get her out of the changing room on Aaliya's Sangeet. I could hear more giggles from outside.

Suddenly her eyes snapped open and she jumped to a sitting position.

"Aap? Aap kar kya rahe ho? (You? What are you doing?)" She asked, taking the sticky cloth off her forehead.

"Tumhei udaane ki koshish kar rahi thi! (Trying to wake you up!)" I said, positioning the pillows to ease the pressure on her back.

"Yeh aap kya pehen rakhi hai? (What are you wearing?)" She asked, rubbing her head.

"Tumhei impress karne keliye pehena. Achcha nahi hai? (I wore this to impress you. Is it not nice?)" I asked, grinning.

She made the face she made when she smelt that gel and I narrowed my eyes at her and said,

"Bandhar kya jaane adrak ka swaath! (How can a monkey know the taste of ginger)" I laughed.

She smiled but then her eyes travelled to somewhere far away. I turned around to see what she's looking at and found the life size photo of her, Sarla Ma and Bulbul.

I looked at her; there was a lump on her throat which she was trying to gulp down. I smiled at her and hugged her. This surprised her and I heard her breath get hitched on her throat.

"Just cry..." I drew small circles on her back. I know it does nothing but this is the only way in which I can help her now.

"No, I got to stay strong." I heard her weak voice say.

"Pragya, tumhaari strong rehne ki resolution ki wajah se hi tum aaj bed pe behosh pad rahi thi. Tum apne andhar ke saare dukh, saare ghum baahar nikhaalo aur apni budiya Dadi aur behen ko sambhaalo. Tumhei patha bhi hai yah ape kya ho raha tha? Rockstar Dadi ne Bulbul ko ghar se nikhaala, aur yeh isliye hua kyunki Bulbul ko defend karne keliye uski badi behen uski saath nahi thi. Teri Ma tere liye bahuth kuch kiya Pragya. Tumhei iss haalath mein dekhar unki aathmah ko shaanthi nahi milegi. (Pragya, you were lying on this bed unconscious due to your resolution to stay strong. Get all those built up grief and sadness out of you and take care of your sister and old Dadi. Do you even know what happened here? Rockstar Dadi kicked Bulbul out of the house and that too only because her big sister was not there to defend her. Your mother did a lot for you Pragya. Her soul will never be peaceful seeing you like this.) Just cry..." I said. I never thought I will be good at such long speeches but then I smacked myself mentally for being so self-conceited.

For the next few minutes, there's only silence. Then suddenly, Pragya started to cry. She threw her arms around me and rested her right cheek on my chest and starts to sob loudly, sniffling and wailing. I held her tight and rested my chin on her head. I rubbed her arms and back but didn't ask her to stop. I know it's better to just let it all out. She cried herself to sleep. I went out to find Purvi and the nurse having tea.

"Thanks Jiju.." she whispered.

I smiled at her and went up to the terrace. I took my phone out and called Aakash.

"Hello?" he received the call.

"Aakash, tell Dadi I am really pissed at her and will be staying at Pragya's. And ask the driver to bring me spare clothes. Ask Robin to pack a pair of jeans, a pair of PJ shorts, a shirt and t-shirt. Else Purvi will make me Mamaji's clothes again." I said and hung up before he can respond.

I went back inside and asked Purvi to help me cook all of Pragya's favourite dishes. The driver also came with my clothes and I had kept it in the room.

Purvi and I had food fight. The recipes from the internet was pretty weird. But we managed to make ezatable stuff. We were busy trying to get rid of the maida sticking on the counter when we heard her shrill voice.

"Aap log kitchen ko kya kar diya? (What have you done to the kitchen?)"

"Pragya? Tum bed se baahar kyun ho? (Why are out of the bed?)" I asked as I rush out of the kitchen.

"Mein teek hui. Aap log counter ko maida se facial karvaa raha hai kya? (I am fine. Are you people giving the counter a maida facial?)" She asked, amused.

"Haan. Woh actually counter keh raha tha ki woh mujhse shaadi karna chaahthi hai, toh meine kaha ki mein usse shaadi nahi kar sakthi kyunki meri present bheevi usse bhi gora hai. Toh usne kaha ki usei gora rang chaahiye aur isliye hum facial karvaa rahi ho (Yeah. Actually, the counter wanted to marry me, so I told it that my present bheevi is fairer than you. So it asked for fairer colour and hence we are giving it a facial.)" I laughed high-fiving Purvi.

"Aap log bewajah has kyun rahi hai? (Why are you laughing without reason?)" Pragya looked annoyed.

"Oh come on Di, you gotta admit that it was pretty funny!" Purvi chuckled.

"It wasn't funny, it was STUPID!" she retorted.

"Woh sab chodo. Tum khaana kao aur phir dhava leni hai aur so jaao. (Leave it. You eat your food then take your medicine and go to sleep)" I said sternly.

"But-"

"No buts.!" I glared at her.

"My stomach hurts!" she exclaimed plopping a pillow on my face. She had changed into her nightgown- I have never seen her in a nightgown before- and I was wearing my t-shirt and shorts.

"Dho hafthe keliye pett kaali thi na? Isliye! (The stomach was empty for two weeks right? That's why!)" I exclaimed, texting on my phone.

"Ugh... Aisa lag raha hai jaise koyi andar se pin maar rahi hai! (it feels like someone's pricking pins from the inside!)" She frowned punching it softly.

"Jaise tum Taiji ko karne waali thi? (Like you were going to do to Taiji?)" I laughed and she glared at me.

She muttered to herself as she came near and was shuffling through the drawer.

"Kya dhoondh rahi ho? (What are you searching for?)" I asked, keeping the phone aside.

"Aapka demaang. (Your brain.)" she glared. She took a book out was about to leave when I grabbed her arm and pulled her towards.

She fell on top of me, her black curls portrayed her face radiantly as she looked at me confused.

"Kaha jaa rahi ho tum? (Where are you going?)" I asked huskily.

"Aapse kya mathlab? (what does it have to do with you?)" she retorted.

"Hayye mere Chashmish, yeh math bhoolo ki tum teri pati-parameshwar se baath kar rahi ho! (Don't forget that you're talking to your pati-parameshwar!)" I grinned.

"Aur yeh math bhoolna ki aapki girlfriend ko yeh sab patha chalegi toh aap toh gaya! (And don't forget that if your girlfriend get to know of this, that will be the end of you!)" she glared sitting up.

I chuckle and held her by the waist. She tried her best to loosen my grip but failed. I picked her up and made her sit on my lap. She looked at me wide-eyed.

"We're not together anymore. But you and me, we better get to work. Dadi wants to be Par-Dadi." I grinned.

Pragya blushed a crimson red and I couldn't stop teasing her.

A year later...

"Pragya, mera belt kaha hai? (Pragya, where's my belt?)" I asked as I walked around holding my pant up.

"Aapko ek so pachchaas belt hai. Yeh math bholo ki sab ek saath gaayab ho gaya. (You have 150 belt. Don't tell me all went missing at once.)" She stated, fixing her sari's pallu.

"Mein meri shaadi waali belt dhoondh rahi hui. Bahuth lucky hai na? Aaj mere Bhai aur Saali ki shaadi hai toh  wahi pehenoogi mein. (I am talking about my wedding belt. It's very lucky na? Today's my bro and sis-in-law's wedding so I will wear that only.)" I grumbled sitting on the bed.

"Aap aapke wedding suit ke cupboard pe dekha? (Did you check in your wedding suit's cupboard?)" She asked.

"Nope.!" I smacked my head and ran off. I could hear her chuckle at herself. I hurriedly open the cupboard and there it was, my beautiful belt, hanging along with my Reception Suit. I pulled it out and along with it fell my cologne bottle crashing into a million pieces.

I shut up eyes tight and waited for hell to break loose and it did, two pairs of high volume wail and Pragya's soothing voice.

"Kuch nahi hua meri bachche. Woh Papa kuch badmaashi kar raha tha. (Nothing happened, my babies. Papa was doing some mischief.)" Pragya was saying.

"Abhisekh, a little help?" she called.

I went out with a sheepish grin and took Aditi from her arm, the other arm was holding onto Aarav, who cried way more than Aditi. I took my one month old Aditi in both my arms and patted her back and said a million sorries. Aarav had already stopped crying and was now pinching his Momma's nose while she laughed at his antics. They have grown little since I held them for the first time. Pragya taunts me saying that they are not going to turn 30 in 30 days but whatever. Aditi finally calmed down. I looked at her now red nose and laughed. She glared at me, just like her mother.

"Aadi, ghoorna math. (Aadi, don't you dare glare.)" I laughed again.

"Abhisekh, she's just 1 month old for God's sake!" Pragya glared.

"Aarav, dekho! Teri Ma aur Behen glaring competition kar rahi hai.. (Aarav look! Your Mom and Sister is having a Glaring Competition)" I laughed and Aarav gave a teethless grin. Pragya pulled his cheek and laughed.

I went near her and said to all three of them,

"Issi baath par ek selfie le le? (Let's take a selfie on this?)"

They all laughed. I am pretty surprised that even my kids understand what I say but Pragya says that it's because there's never been a day when I hadn't took selfie with them. So we took one and then after a little more nok-jokh, went down for the wedding.

Pragya made me do the Kanyadaan of course and she did the jhoote chupne ki rasam pretty well. She bargained and won 50000 rupees. She could take Purab's job as my manager.

"Not happening!"

I turned around to find Pragya grinning at me. The kids were sleeping on the bed.

"Stop reading my mind." I laughed.

"Kyun? (why?) Are you hiding something from me?" she smirked and I chuckled. I wrapped my arms around her waist and smiled,

"I love you."

She grinned and replied,

"I love me too!"

I frowned and kept a hand on my left chest dramatically. Pragya laughed and hugged me.

"Oh I love you more but I love my kids most!" She grinned.

"I know, mein chup isliye hui kyu ki mujhe patha hai, budaape main tum mere hi saath hogi! (I am quiet because I know that during my oldage, you with me only!)" I winked and she shook her head.

I pecked on her lips to get her attention back and said huskily,

"Humein 98 aur kids Dadi ko dena hai! (We have to give 98 more kids to Dadi!)"

I earned a smack on the head for that. And after rubbing my head, we continued to our little piece of happily ever after.

My job done.. pls comment

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--simmi-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Res!

UNRES! Wow you write very well! I loved this! It was emotional to see Pragya's state after losing her mother but the end was just cuteness overload! Awesome work! Edited by --simmi-- - 8 years ago
rhea.aa thumbnail
Shiva, this is amazing.
Emotional but sweet as well. 
I loved reading this.<3
Aarav gave a teethless grin.😆
AESSOP thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
 Wow, beautifully written OS. I really enjoyed it, thank you.
-harini- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Loved it Shiva!! This was one adorable OS😃 felt bad for Sarla ma yes but otherwise ❤️!
vlhs12993 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Beautiful os 👏
Loved it.
Keep up tge good work 😊
Zaalima_5 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
beautiful os👏
loved it
really enjoyed while reading...😊
princessSonia thumbnail
Awesome...
Felt bad for Sarla maa...
Nice OS..
-mina- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
SHIVA

THIS. IS. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

ASBDXSZKAIEKMWKEDGFS$A

LOVE THIS LOVE YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

It seriously feels SO good to see someone go back to those eps and write a corrective. This is BEAUTIFUL AND PERFECT. The emotional build up, the awesome comic lines (haila pls join the show and write for Abhi! Gori counter Omggg 🤣) and that closing scene is just UFFF

Incredible job Shiva, thank you so much for writing and posting!!!!!
BombayPonnu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome os Shiva.. Loved how loving and caring Abhi here is! Loved everything actuall, but Sarla ma's death!!

Cheers
Priya :)