OBC reservation for the Patels and how many more?

Posted: 8 years ago
5 lakh gathered at Ahmedabad in support to the demand for OBC reservation in jobs for the Patel community in Gujarat. The Patels are known as a well off community in India and generally doing well. What prompts well off communities like the patels or the Jats or any other in India to be fight for "backwardness"? Are things going in the right direction for the youth of the country? 
Yes I'm glad. Everyone should have reservation. 
I'm copying a social media user Dhirendra Pandey's words here verbatim. I think it covers everything. 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/patel-rally-in-ahmedabad-for-obc-quota/liveblog/48662043.cms

"The above link presents the embers of Mandal Commission spreading to light up the whole jungle. 
I some times wonder if the Republic of India continues in it's present form for another 1000 years would the reservation policy continue to dole out seats to quota section candidates? 

Let us for a while assume the case of a "disadvantaged" class student. He finishes his 10+2 in science stream. Appears for engineering entrance exam. Get a seat in say mechanical branch in one of the NITs. He completes his Btech and instead of serving in a private sector company appears in selection test for a PSU (SAIL for example). Again he is selected on reservation quota for the post of management trainee. 
After serving SAIL for 2-3 years this fellow decides to obtain a MBA degree. He appears in exams like CAT/XAT. Once again he secures a reserved category seat in a reputed MBA institute. After completing his MBA ; once more like the past he decides to join ONGC instead of sweating in a private firm. 
He appears for the selection test of ONGC and is selected on the reserved seat.

A single person availing the reservation benefit 4 times during his life. Isn't it a cruel joke with millions of unemployed youths of this nation. And that too the reserved quota seats has been further sweetened with the age relaxations. This is what we call SONE PE SUHAGA. Why not to straightaway give the appointment letters like hand bills with morning newspaper???

Furthermore a person belonging to a reserved category can have 10 children and all of them will be given the quota benefits. We have already crossed the 1.27 billion population mark. Most of our economic sectors are becoming slaves to the mechanizations of Wall Street and Dalal Street and we are still pursuing the Ambedkarite utopia. Did South Africa provide any reservation to the colored people after the abolition of apartheid? 

Does a IIT/NIT/IIM passout needs any further crutches. If yes then what is the need of these high walled temples.

If reservation is so essential then why not to extend it to other walks of life. A SC/ST/OBC person can travel in AC bogies by buying a general compartment ticket, they can watch movies on premium seats on rear stand tickets, they can eat mutton biryani at vada pao prices. Similarly the IPC too has to be modified as per the reservation policies. A general category person injuring a SC/ST/OBC person shall be booked for murder. Whereas a SC/ST/OBC person murdering a general category person will be charged only for accidental killing. And yes Miss World contest will be always represented by a quota walli and they will buy onions at Rs. 15 SC & ST //// Rs. 25 OBC-NCL!!!
I am glad my college admission process is complete 😆
I don't see why will a general category person will want to stay in this country without having the strength to see lesser meritorious people climb up levels faster than oneself.
Either have the strength to bear it or leave the country. Sad.
Reservation should only be on economic status and nothing else.
I think its a very sorry state if we feel the need to strive to  being declared as "backward" or "weaker section". After all these years of reservation shouldn't at least some of the groups have reached a level field and considered fit to be " no more backward" and let that tag be passed on to some other group if at all? Edited by zorrro - 8 years ago
Originally posted by iMini

I am glad my college admission process is complete 😆
I don't see why will a general category person will want to stay in this country without having the strength to see lesser meritorious people climb up levels faster than oneself.
Either have the strength to bear it or leave the country. Sad.
Reservation should only be on economic status and nothing else.
I agree it can be very demoralising but running away seems like a bad option.
Reservation system needs to be abolished from India. Period.
^^ From the way things are moving I dont think any political party that comes in power is going to dare attempt that. It could be political suicide. The SCI has put a limit on reservation so any more group that needs to be accommodated will have to be done at the cost of depriving the existing groups that were enjoying the backward status so far. That will not go down well with them. Giving in to the Patel's demand will pave the way for such demands by many other groups. 
Does anyone have an idea of where it will all end up?
Reservation should be abolished for good. But what political party is interested in nation-building? All they care about is vote bank.
The demonstration in Visnagar on 23 July 2015 turned violent when some agitators torched some vehicles and vandalised office of Bharatiya Janata Party MLA, Rishikesh Patel.

Misusing the name of SARDAR VALLABHAI PATEL the SARDAR PATEL SEVADAL is subverting our constitution which grants NO tilted playing field to anybody. 

The SPS organization is funded by TROJAN HORSE NGOs.

Every time Hardik Patel goes on a strike his halo becomes greater. He is now trying to be another BR Ambedkar of Gujarat viz his Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS) .
Slimy Hardik Patel has got his supporters to wear Sardaar Patel masks so it looks like Patel is being arrested. 

The police vehicles and local transport buses of GSRTC, AMTS and BRTS were set on fire. The mob vandalised govt PROPERTY. National highway was blocked. 

And these NGOs want action to be taken against "police atrocities". The police must be allowed to do their job. So now every rioter, murderer, rapist, bomber etc is supposed to have human rights?

What are we, a sovereign nation or what? 
Edited by ibnbatuta - 8 years ago
Your thoughts on the  new twist to the agitation.
"What if it was Haider Pathan instead of Hardik Patel:"

http://www.rediff.com/news/column/what-if-it-was-haider-pathan-and-not-hardik-patel/20150826.htm
Originally posted by zorrro

Your thoughts on the  new twist to the agitation.
"What if it was Haider Pathan instead of Hardik Patel:"

http://www.rediff.com/news/column/what-if-it-was-haider-pathan-and-not-hardik-patel/20150826.htm

Sheesh. And if my aunty grew balls, she would be my uncle. ðŸ˜† Presstitutes are presstituting as usual. 

Anyway, don't they know caste system exists only in Hinduism that's why so many convert to escape the atrocities which we subject them to everyday.