*Latest LOLLYWOOD News-Showbiz, Articles*

mariam_90 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
😃Hey everyone!😃

It's pretty hard sometimes to find news or latest headlines, so I decided to create a topic where everyone can post all the articles, news, etc. related to Pakistan. So please use this topic to post all of your interesting or latest headlines from lollywood to cricket, and so on!

*Any other topics with articles will be closed by one of the mods, so plz use this!*
Edited by mariam_90 - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mariam_90 thumbnail
Pehla Pehla Pyar In Post Production

Director/producer Mubasher Lucman is back from Thailand after editing all songs of his film. The film has now reached its final post production and these days its undergoing offline editing. The songs that are all very romantic and soft have beautiful melodies and rich arrangements. They are supported by simple and very catchy lyrics. The visuals are not only a delight to watch due to their splendour but are extremely enthralling far as the choice of locations and choreography is concerned. The camera work is exceptionally captivating. Talking to this scribe a distributor from the Royal Park confessed, 'whilst most films this year have bombed at the box office, we are all now eagerly waiting for Mubasher Lucman's flick." Ali Sufiyan Afaqi who has written the screen play and dialogues agrees; "I feel Pehla Pehla Pyar is going to be a trend setter. In an age and time whence most directors are reduced to vulgarity and cheap antics, it's heartening to see some youngster who does not believe in the despicable frolics and is moved by the beauty and aesthetics of silver screen."Irfan Ahmed Urfi who wrote the original story line of a film for the first time, seconds the veteran Afaqi Sahib. "It was a very absorbing experience to work on his project," he says. "I did my first serial also with Mubasher. He had a lot of fire, which I see is still on." The many artistes who are eagerly banking upon the release of the film share their admiration for the director. "It's not easy to work with Mubasher", says Zara Sheikh. "He's motivated by his film a lot and does not believe in any compromises. On one particular day he made me work 28 hours at a stretch because he was convinced if we pack up we will not regain the momentum back. It was not only tiring but extremely painful physically. But when I saw the result on the screen afterwards I was in tears because never before have I looked better on the screen, it was clearly worth it." "I don't know when does he actually sleep?" Commented the veteran Nadeem. "Whenever I saw he was up and working on the sets or on the script when everyone else had gone to sleep. He was always 15 minutes before time and extremely committed. I can tell you that after years I have really put in all my efforts into a role because after the first day I realized that the director was serious and meant business. I must admit he made me feel like I was working in Chakoori my first ever film I felt the same adrenalin rush while working for Pehla Pehla Pyar, he says. I can honestly tell you that after many years I have come across a role that is very romantic and demanding", says Resham the lead in the film. "No one had expected it to be so captivating experience. It's very tough when you are made to work 18 hours a day, but once we saw the first rushes in the Lab then we all knew that we were a part of a major film and hence forth no one took it as just another film." Though the film has entered its final post production, the director is mum about the release." I will release it only when it's fully ready and that too after consultation with my distributors." says Mubasher.
 Edited by mariam_90 - 17 years ago
mariam_90 thumbnail
Saima Taking A Break

Thank God she has finally decided to do it. We are talking about Saima who is all set to fly to USA, and before you think about Nirma, let us clarify that the actress has decided to take a break (a much needed one). The actress has decided to zoom off to US of A, after working in the industry non stop for so many years. But like it always happens…even though Saima has announced her vacation plans, her producers are still panicking insisting that Saima should wrap up her underproduction work before going off for a breakA true professional that she is, one is sure that Saima is not planning to settle in USA, as professionalism demands her to announce that too, but her producers are still not convinced. Those who are planning the release of their film at Eid are insisting that Saima should complete their projects at least to ensure a smooth Eid release. On the other hand those who are planning to release their films after Eid are panicking fearing that Saima may take long to come back. At the receiving hand of all such apprehensions is Saima herself who is working day and night hard to satisfy her nervous producers. According to her after working day in and day out for so many years she is tired and drained and wants to relax and rejuvenate to start her work afresh. Many producers fail to see her point though. One hopes that the actress gets what she is looking out for, since she does need a break from work. Besides after seeing her in every single film coming our way, we the audience also need break from her. Don't we?
mariam_90 thumbnail
PYAR HI PYAR MEIN

Director: Faheem Burney

Cast: Aashal, Aanchal, Nesha,
Wasif Butt and Waseem Sohail.

Fahim Burney's maiden silver debut Piyar Hi Piyar is making headlines these days for various reasons. Just a few days ago, when the song s of the film were screened, Faheem Burney is contrary to all the expectations, out done many in every field especially the choreography and the music.
Though, inspired by the latest Bollywood based masala songs that are always looked up as envy in Lollywood, the director has gone ahead and shot the songs using the latest equipment. Faheem Burney, who has always been known for fulfilling the commercial needs of the tube with his glamorous productions lately, has never been taken seriously by the viewers as well as the other contemporary directors. A couple of months ago when he took the decision of making his next move in the silver screen, nobody knew for sure what Faheem was upto.

As making a film with a bunch of new kids on the block was surely not every one's choice.
Piyar Hi Piyar, his debut in the silver screen is fast been shot and again he sticks to his statements, "to give a fresh appeal to the silver screen". That is the very reason, the whole cast consists of new comers including Ashal, Aanchal, Nesha, Wasif Butt and Waseem Sohail providing a fresh outlook on the screen.

Faheem Burney told that like always he is trying to provide something different than the routine stuff. "That is why I am using new faces as people are fed up of seeing the repeated faces again and again".

No doubt, the songs that have been shot up till now provide an entirely fresh look to the screen and Faheem attribute all this to the latest equipment that he is using.

They were really marvelous, the screen provided a fresh look and it look totally different. "That is because of the latest equipment that I have brought from abroad". When asked about the presence of Meera in the movie, the director has to say, "I have put Meera just to add some standard to the box office sizzle and pull, she has performed in an item number in which she has really put a lot of hard work and given her very best. I am really impressed by her performance".

The dance sequences and the music is quite new and novel idea than the other lollywood stuff. No doubt the film is making headlines among many quarters and it will attract a lot of masses from the visible star studded charms when it would be released, but the problem is today that unlike the other tube directors who entered in the film dome, Faheem Burney is not been taken seriously and that may be good for Faheem.

ALL RANKINGS
Top Movies
1. Fire
2. Pyaar Hi Pyaar Mein
3. Yeh Dil Aap Ka Hua
4. Shair-e-Azam
5. Tere Payar Meien
6. Moosa Khan
7. Sholay
8. Yeh Wada Raha
9. Khoye Hu Tum Kahan
10. Chalo Ishq LaraeinEdited by mariam_90 - 17 years ago
mariam_90 thumbnail
2006 Champions Trophy Schedule of Matches

Wed 25 October - 8th Match - New Zealand v Pakistan
Punjab C.A. Stadium, Mohali, Chandigarh

Thu 26 October - 9th Match - India v West Indies
Sardar Patel (Gujarat) Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad

Fri 27 October - 10th Match - Pakistan v South Africa

Sat 28 October - 11th Match - England v West Indies
Sardar Patel (Gujarat) Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad

Sun 29 October - 12th Match - India v Australia

Wed 1 November - 1st Semi Final - TBA v TBA

Thu 2 November - 2nd Semi Final - TBA v TBA
Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur

Sun 5 November - Final - TBA v TBA
Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai
notfadedaway thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
w0wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...awesomee idea...thankssss for thee articless mariammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...u r awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 👏
missmalika thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
yeah I think it is a very good idea 😃
thanks for making it
daniacute99 thumbnail

Pakistan lost!!!! 😭😭😭SOUTH SFRICA IN THE SEMI FINAL!

South Africa tore through Pakistan's top order for a landslide 124-run win in Mohali to book their place in the Champions Trophy semi-finals.

The Proteas won the toss but were reeling at 42-5 before Mark Boucher (69) and Justin Kemp (64) ground out 131 to set a total of 213-8.

But Pakistan were in deeper trouble at 47-8 and were unable to recover, surrendering on 89 in 25 overs.

South African paceman Makhaya Ntini took 5-21 off six overs.

Interview: South Africa captain Graeme Smith

Former skipper Shaun Pollock ended with 2-20 off seven and Charl Langeveldt chipped in with 2-19 off five.

Swashbuckling all-rounder Shahid Afridi offered Pakistan brief hope with a four and a six in his 14, while Yasir Arafat (27) and Umar Gul (7) staved off the inevitable with a late stand of 30. None of the top seven reached double figures.

Pakistan's record lowest one-day score is 43 against West Indies in Cape Town in 1993, while the lowest ever (35) was posted by Zimbabwe against Sri Lanka in Harare in 2004.

South Africa's Boucher (69) added 131 with Justin Kemp (64)

South Africa's second victory in Group B ensured they qualified top of the group and will travel to Jaipur to meet the winner of Sunday's match between Australia and India.

New Zealand, as runners-up, will play the winner of Group A in Mohali, while Pakistan and Sri Lanka were eliminated from the tournament.

But the eventual outcome in Mohali looked distinctly unlikely when South Africa lost two wickets inside the first over.

Captain Graeme Smith led the procession back to the pavilion with the second ball of the match, out lbw to paceman Gul, and was followed two deliveries later by Herschelle Gibbs, caught by Shoaib Malik at first slip.

Boeta Dippenaar and Jacques Kallis survived some close calls before Dippenaar fell for 13, caught one-handed by an athletic dive across first slip from wicket-keeper Kamran Akmal off Rao Iftikhar Anjum in the 10th over.

Kallis stuck around long enough to make 17 before edging behind to Akmal, also off Anjum, while AB de Villiers (10) became Akmal's third victim, this time off seamer Arafat.

De Villier's demise left South Africa reeling but wicket-keeper Boucher and Kemp knuckled down to give the Proteas hope.

Boucher, beginning to up the run rate after weathering the storm, eventually fell in the 44th over, caught by Mohammad Hafeez off the bowling of Abdul Razzaq after facing 98 balls.

Former skipper Pollock added just two before he was caught by Anjum off Hafeez, while Kemp, who hit two big sixes late on, was pouched by Malik off Gul in the final over.

Andre Nel (12 not out) saw out South Africa's allocation of overs with Ntini as Gul ended with 3-36 and Anjum took 2-26.

Edited by daniacute99 - 17 years ago
daniacute99 thumbnail

Pakistan pacemen to discover fate

Pakistan pace bowlers Mohammad Asif and Shoaib Akhtar will find out on Saturday if they can play in the World Cup after testing positive for banned substances.
Both were sent home from the Champions Trophy after testing positive for the performance-enhancing drug nandrolone.

Shahid Hamid, head of the tribunal set up to look into the allegations, said: "We'll close the inquiry on Saturday.

"Both players said they have accepted the findings of the 'A' sample and don't want a second test conducted."

He added: "We offered both the players to have retests on 'B' samples which they declined, which implies that they are not questioning their failed dope tests.

"They had explained their point of view and we are now going to take medical opinion to examine the situation."

If found guilty, the pair should face a two-year ban, the minimum for a first offence under International Cricket Council doping rules, which would rule them out of the World Cup which takes place next March and April.

They have been accused of testing positive, but we don't know if they took it inadvertently or intentionally

PCB chairman Dr Nasim Ashraf

However, the Pakistan Cricket Board has said it will take its own decision because the tests were conducted internally.

PCB chairman Dr Nasim Ashraf promised the tribunal would act "impartially and fairly" and seek a "correct decision".

He added: "A thorough, independent investigation is being carried out. They have been accused of testing positive, but we don't know if they took it inadvertently or intentionally."

The hearing, which opened last Thursday, continued on Friday and lasted for more than six hours with both bowlers appearing twice before the tribunal.

"During the second hearing Shoaib and Asif recorded their statements," a PCB spokesman said.

"Asif came alone, while Shoaib was accompanied by doctor (and personal physician) Nauman Niaz and also stayed for one hour."

Edited by daniacute99 - 17 years ago
mariam_90 thumbnail
thank u so much for appreciating this...yeah i really thought we needed this for the articles that are everywhere..

Pak lost?!! oh my God...aww thats sad.....hmm