Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Missesha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Oh I see what you mean... however if were looking at EDT, as something similar to AT where the link is not broken until you reach 150 pages, then I think you (or anyone wanting to volunteer for it)  might have to take permission from mods.

They will probably set rulez around it and a small sub committee DT will be formed

This is my understanding. I am not completely sure though. 
Edited by Missesha - 8 years ago
rohini55 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

missesha, me not a leader in these respects. so will leave it for the time being. thanks anyway.
Awfulggt thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

There used to be a BV episode discussion thread earlier. But as the storyline turned unbearable, people stopped discussing the story..and that thread vanished over a period of time.

Guess we should message a DT member like yuvika, artemisia or shruti 
Awfulggt thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Shinya

In today's episode, Mangala gave Nimboli some badam as a reward for sleeping outside kothri to give company to Urmi... I was really impressed by Mangala's act... She is teaching her good and bad through rewards and punishment.

Then Nimboli lied to mangala that she does not have to go to school as her master has gone to get books and she smiled cunningly ... I hope mangala spanks her when she finds this out from Kishore.

One more thing, Why was nimboli so confused when she heard the word 'petse'? Has she never in her 12 yrs heard anyone getting pregnant ?

[Since leaves has gone missing, I had to make this thread. I am covering for leaves πŸ˜†]

Agree Shinya. I liked the way Mangala appreciated Nimboli. Everyone gets certain qualities by birth. But polishing the good qualities and suppressing the bad qualities  is important for a person to turn out as a good human. I am so glad that Mangala is doing this latter part well. An orphan like nimboli could sway in any way when such guidance is lost. I hope Anandi will remain eternally grateful to mangala for all that she's doing to nimboli. 

@bold - yeah that's quite surprising. It looks like mangala protected nimboli so well that she kept her away from all such things which might not effect her positively. . Just the way she didn't give nimboli a speech about her status as the wife of kundan. 

Edited by The_Alchemist. - 8 years ago
Shinya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rohini55

missesha, me not a leader in these respects. so will leave it for the time being. thanks anyway.

In stead of making a one common thread for all episodes, it can be one thread per day on that particular day's episode. No need to take DT's permission for this.

I can only watch the episode when it is updated on youtube. So those who watch it on TV, should take the initiative and start a thread.
anshurg5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Shinya

In today's episode, Mangala gave Nimboli some badam as a reward for sleeping outside kothri to give company to Urmi... I was really impressed by Mangala's act... She is teaching her good and bad through rewards and punishment.

Then Nimboli lied to mangala that she does not have to go to school as her master has gone to get books and she smiled cunningly ... I hope mangala spanks her when she finds this out from Kishore.

One more thing, Why was nimboli so confused when she heard the word 'petse'? Has she never in her 12 yrs heard anyone getting pregnant ?

[Since leaves has gone missing, I had to make this thread. I am covering for leaves πŸ˜†]

I too liked that without using much words Mangla has shown her appreciation for Nandini's good work and rewarded it in her own way. β­οΈ 
Rewards for good work and punishments( however mild ) for bad automatically teach them to differentiate btw good and bad. 

-------------
 Nandini not going to school anymore? 😲   It is sad that choki chudail sa's influence worn out so quickly. πŸ˜‘

Btw in Nandini's defense I will only say that Kishore's method of teaching was least conducive to a child who never saw ' bharahkhadi'  before.  I have expected better from a Sandhya teacherji's student. 

He was busy in writing down all the letters on the board that too with ' matrayen'  without even telling what  are those called. 
   There was almost no interaction with students , neither he was involving them with his work by making them speak those letters after him. Active kids like Nandini would have to get bored by this method of learning. 

------------
   I remember that many times I tried to teach children of my house helps. Once there was a girl of about same age as Nandini . She has previously went to a school in her native place for a year or two but she was almost blank. 
    To make her sit even for a half hour was a big deal and I had to give her a toffee ,bubblegum, new pencil, eraser etc for that. I used to teach her only five letter at a time and used to repeat those next day . After moving to next 2-3 sets she used to forget earlier ones. It took quite time to teach her all the letters when I had to focus only one child at a time. Teaching 'matrayen ' was more difficult . 
   Kishore ji wanted to teach all the things immediately. πŸ˜‘

I hope he will realize his mistake and increase involvement of students in his class otherwise N and many others may develop a dislike for studies.

anshurg5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
 Liked the idea of DDT. πŸ˜³
Btw where is Leaves? She was conducting this work very well. πŸ˜›
SPuja thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: anshurg5

I too liked that without using much words Mangla has shown her appreciation for Nandini's good work and rewarded it in her own way. β­οΈ 
Rewards for good work and punishments( however mild ) for bad automatically teach them to differentiate btw good and bad. 

-------------
 Nandini not going to school anymore? 😲   It is sad that choki chudail sa's influence worn out so quickly. πŸ˜‘

Btw in Nandini's defense I will only say that Kishore's method of teaching was least conducive to a child who never saw ' bharahkhadi'  before.  I have expected better from a Sandhya teacherji's student. 

He was busy in writing down all the letters on the board that too with ' matrayen'  without even telling what  are those called. 
   There was almost no interaction with students , neither he was involving them with his work by making them speak those letters after him. Active kids like Nandini would have to get bored by this method of learning. 

------------
   I remember that many times I tried to teach children of my house helps. Once there was a girl of about same age as Nandini . She has previously went to a school in her native place for a year or two but she was almost blank. 
    To make her sit even for a half hour was a big deal and I had to give her a toffee ,bubblegum, new pencil, eraser etc for that. I used to teach her only five letter at a time and used to repeat those next day . After moving to next 2-3 sets she used to forget earlier ones. It took quite time to teach her all the letters when I had to focus only one child at a time. Teaching 'matrayen ' was more difficult . 
   Kishore ji wanted to teach all the things immediately. πŸ˜‘

I hope he will realize his mistake and increase involvement of students in his class otherwise N and many others may develop a dislike for studies.

@ bold - so true. Perhaps these were the children who never went to school. How can the teacher start straightaway to barahkhadi - a child cannot comprehend it unless he/she knows all the "swars" and "vyanjanas". The student were given a copy and pencil and perhaps they were expected to write it also. Writing should not start like copying what is written on board. 

To start education - the teacher could have started with story telling to invoke children's interest and then some A se Anar type introduction to swar and vyanjanas. Very bad job by creatives. So much for spreading educationπŸ˜”.
mahi12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
The episode discussion thread was closed because members made it frustration thread That was also one of the reasons of its closure 
WU is not the best place for episode discussion as it gets locked after a day  as per IST so members who are not Indians ,their discussion is halted in between whatever they are doing  Many a times it happened if someone replied to a member The other could not reply because topic got locked Contact the mods if you want have a episode discussion thread again Its basically a good idea but keep in mind Frustration  and episode discussion are two different things Use FT for Frustration and episode discussion for episode discussion and constructive criticism 
SPuja thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@mahi - thanks for information.