Jaldi aaiyye Arnavji! NOTE on pg 92 - Page 6

Posted: 8 years ago
Interesting update
Some glimpses of Arnav's young age and reason for not in touch with his friends
Seems like rachana still holds Arnav responsible
Awesome updates 117 to 120...read all these chapters together...I was travelling and could not read the updates...thanks for the PMs
Smitha my life got hectic over work nd my phone isnt letting me like nd cmnt..bt im following uq updates regularly..dnt give up on me,i wil try to cmnt as far as posible..waiting fr nxt update..
NOTE: I'm so sorry for the delay in posting the update! I wasnt keeping well last week plus the update is a long one so I couldnt finish it by Sunday. I will upload it by tomorrow evening,IST.
Thanks for the likes & comments! Over to..
Part 121
Khushi(hand on his arm): Kya hua Arnavji?
Arnav(opens his eyes): Huh?
Khushi(touches his forehead): Aap achaanak se ruk gaye aur.. kitna paseena-paseena ho gaye hain aap.. Tabiyat toh theek hai na?
Arnav: Nahi hai. Lets go back!
Khushi(holds his hand): Rukiye!
Arnav: Mujhe nahi rukna hai,Khushi. I cant.. do this!
Khushi: Aap kar paayenge,Arnavji! Koshish toh kijiye. Please.. 
Arnav: Khushi, please don't create a scene out here! (tugs at her hand)Chalo yahaan se..
As he tagged her along,he saw a lady of about 30 stepping out of the lift alongwith a middle aged lady who seemed vaguely familiar.
Khushi(surprised): Rachnaaji!?
Arnav(realizes): Su.. mitra Aunty!
Devi Maiyya smiled as She witnessed the scene from Her abode.
It was time to reveal Khushi's birthday surprise!
Rachnaa: Khushiji?
Arnav's gaze shifted to the younger lady as soon as she took Khushi's name.
He stared at her for a few moments.
Arnav(thinks): Yeh.. Rachnaa hai?
His mind popped up several images of the Rachnaa whom he had known.
And soon enough he saw her standing near the ambulance with tears in her eyes.
Back then,he had wanted her to be with him & he knew she'd wished for the same.
But circumstances had separated them.
And today,a different set of circumstances had brought them face to face.
That too when they did not want to see each other.
Arnav swore under his breath at the irony of life.
Rachnaa,meanwhile,felt a lump forming in her throat.
Though she had seen Arnav's photos in the tabloids & read his interviews in fashion magazines,seeing him in front of her brought a whirlwind of all the memories from their past.
She swallowed the lump & turned towards Khushi in an attempt to stop the reel of memories which were turning in her mind.
Rachnaa: Aap.. yahaan?
Khushi: Ji haan. Woh.. maaf kijiyega! (turns to Arnav)Humein.. yaad hai aapne.. humse kya kaha tha. (turns back to Rachnaa) Par.. hum phir bhi.. yahaan aaye kyunki..
Here she paused & waited for Arnav to continue.
When he didnt,she was forced to continue herself.
Khushi: Kyunki.. Arnavji.. aapse.. baat.. karnaa chahte hain..
Rachnaa's mother spoke at this point of time.
Sumitra: Iss tarah se lobby me batiyaane se behtar hoga ki aaplog humare saath kamre me chalein.
She nodded towards ArShi.
Sumitra: Chaliye beta...
Rachnaa wordlessly led them inside the suite.
Sumitra(gestures): Baithiye..
ArShi sat on the sofas while Rachnaa gingerly sat on the edge of the bed.
Sumitra returned after closing the door.
Sumitra: Arnav,aap kaise hain beta?
Arnav turned to her to find the same warmth in her eyes as he had seen in the past.
Arnav: I'm fine,aunty. Aap..?
Sumitra(nods): Hum bhi theek hain.
Arnav: I'm.. so sorry! Mujhe uncle ki.. death k baare me pataa nahi tha..
Sumitra: Aap sorry kyun keh rahe hain? Jo bhi hua woh sahi hua. Unhe uss haalat me bahut zyaada taqleef ho rahi thi. Oxygen mask ki wajah se na toh woh khana kha pa rahe the aur na toh kisi se batiya paa rahe the..(pauses) Bihari ji ne unhe uss taqleef se aazaad kar diya. (sighs)Humein bhi.. aapk.. maa aur papa k baare me sunkar bahut dukh hua tha,bete. Unki maujoodgi(presence) na sahi par unka aashirwaad aaj bhi aapk saath hai. Humein vishwaas hai ki aapko Lucknow me dekhkar ve bahut khush honge! Khaas kar aapki maa..
Arnav could not say anything after that.
The room was silent for a few minutes.
Sumitra: Aaplog batiyaaiyye hum tab tak coffee ka order dete hain..
Arnav: Uss ki zaroorat nahi hai,aunty. Thanks!
He reluctantly turned towards Rachnaa.
As he was mentally forming a sentence,Rachnaa spoke up & surprised him with her words.
Rachnaa: Jo tum keh nahi paa rahe ho woh tumhe kehne ki zaroorat nahi hai.
When she turned to look at him she found that familiar frown creasing his forehead.
Rachnaa: Ab tumhare kuch kehne se.. ya na kehne se.. kuch nahi hoga. Jo hona tha so ho gaya! Humara waqt.. ja chuka hai aur.. humari kahaani.. aaj se bahut pehle hi khatm ho chuki hai! (turns to Khushi)Ab waqt Khushiji ka hai aur tumhari kahani me sabse ahem paatr(role) bhi unhi ka hai. Isiliye tumhe unse maafi maangni chahiye.
Arnav(frowns deeply): Maafi?
Khushi(confused): Arnavji.. ko humse maafi kyun.. maangni chahiye?
Rachnaa: Kyunki Arnav ki wajah se aap apne sasural kabhi nahi ja paayengi! Humari baat-cheet k dauraan humne dekha ki aap Sheesh mahal k baare me jaanne k liye bahut utaavli thi! Zaahir si baat hai kyunki.. (turns to Arnav)Arnav ne aapko apne ghar k baare me kuch bhi nahi bataaya hai. Aur na hi woh kabhi aapko wahaan lekar gaya hai. Apne sasural ko dekhne ki aur jaanne ki aapki tamannaa adhoori reh jaayegi isiliye humne Arnav se kaha ki usse aapse maafi maangni chahiye.
Arnav: For your kind information,Khushi.. Sheesh mahal ja chuki hai.
Rachnaa: Par unhone tumhare nazariye se Sheesh mahal ko nahi dekha hoga na? Kaise dekhengi? Jab tak tum unhe..
Arnav(interrupts): Mujhe kya karna chahiye aur kya nahi woh tum mujh par chhod do!
Rachnaa(nods): Hum jaante hain ki tumhe humari salaah ki zaroorat nahi hai. Yeh tumhara zaati(personal) maamla hai aur iss me dakhal(interfere) dene k liye maafi chaahte hain! Tumne saaf-saaf yeh jataa diya ki humein iss maamle se door rehna chahiye isiliye hum bhi, seedhe-saaf shabdon me tumse kuch kehna chahte hain: Tum khud se kabhi bhi Sheesh mahal jaane k liye taiyyaar nahi ho paaoge! Tumhare zakhm(wounds) itne gehre hain ki unhe akele bharnaa tumhare bas ki baat hi nahi hai!
An enraged Arnav was about to respond when she silenced him with her words.
Rachnaa: Khushiji k ilaava yeh kaam koi nahi kar saktaa hai! Agar koi tumhara dukh baant saktaa hai aur tumhare zakhmon ko bhar saktaa hai toh woh (stresses) sirf tumhari patni hain! Uss hi tarah,agar Khushiji k sasural se jude sawaalon ka jawaab koi de saktaa hai toh woh sirf unk pati hain!
Tum apna dukh halkaa karnaa chahte ho ya zindagi bhar uss ka wazan apne dil par rakhna chahte ho? Khushiji k sawaalon ka jawaab khaamoshi se dena chahte ho ya unki apne sasural se mulaaqaat karvaa k dena chahte ho?
Khushi: Rachnaaji, aap..
Rachnaa(interrupts): Aapk pati se iss tarah se batiyaane k liye hum maafi nahi maangenge,Khushiji! Kyunki hum tahe dil se chaahte hain ki.. aapk sapnon ka woh hashar na ho jo.. humare sapnon ka hua tha!
She swallowed a lump at this point of time.
Rachnaa: Hum kabhi nahi chaahenge ki woh aapk saath bhi woh hi kare jo uss ne apne doston k saath kiya!
Arnav could keep not quiet after hearing that.
Arnav(thru gritted teeth): What.. the hell.. do you mean?
Rachnaa: Tumhare doston ne tumhara dukh baantne ki kitni koshishein ki,par kisi ki koshish ko sarhaana toh door ki baat hai,tumne kisi se dhang se baat tak nahi ki! Hum jaante hain ki Khushiji ne bhi tumhara dukh halkaa karne ki koshishein ki hongi par tum aaj bhi usse apne dil me band rakhnaa chahte ho! Baanke Bihari hi jaante hain ki iss k peechhe ki wajah kya hai! Hum toh samajh nahi paa rahe hain ki itni achchhi jeevansaathi hone k baawajood tumhe apna dukh apne andar band kar k rakhne ki kya zaroorat hai? Tumhare man me maa aur dad ki maut se jude, uss ghar se jude huye jo bhi jazbaat(feelings) hain woh tum Khushiji k saamne zaahir kyun nahi karte? Ta umar unhe apne andar sametkar rakhna chaahte ho?
Sumitra(places a hand on her hand): Bas bitiya..
Rachnaa: Humein bolne dijiye,mummy.. Itne barson se hum na jaane kya kuch bolna chaahte the par humein bolne ka maukaa nahi mila. Aaj mila hai toh hum zaroor bolenge!
Arnav: Aur tumhe lagtaa hai ki main yahaan baithkar tumhari bakwaas sununga?
Rachnaa: Bakwaas tum kar rahe ho,hum nahi!
Arnav got up to leave when Rachnaa said..
"Maa ki kasam khaakar kaho ki humne jo kaha woh galat hai ya bakwaas hai!"
Arnav stopped in his tracks & turned to her,his eyes emitting fire.
Arnav: Meri maa ko maa kehne ka haq sirf mujhe aur meri patni ko hai!
Rachnaa was undeterred with his statement.
Rachnaa: Humein maaf karnaa! Hum bhool gaye the ki.. 15 saal pehle hi humse.. saare haq chhin gaye the. Theek hai! Toh tum apni maa ki kasam khaakar kaho ki humne jo kaha woh bakwaas hai!
Khushi: Bas kijiye aap dono! Aap dono ki baaton se aap dono k alaava humein bhi bahut taqleef ho rahi hai!
Arnav turned to Khushi to find tears in her eyes.
His expressions softened as he held her hand.
Arnav: I'm sorry Khushi! Par yeh..
Khushi: Humne aapko kis se sorry kehne k liye kaha tha aur aap.. kis se keh rahe hain? Rachnaaji ko koi haq nahi tha phir bhi unhone aapk liye, aapk maa aur dad ki aatmaaon ki shaanti k liye aur aapk parivaar k sadasyon k liye itne saalon tak duaayein maangi hain! Kya iss baat ki aapki nazron me koi ehmiyat nahi hai Arnavji?
Arnav: Nahi hai! Kyunki main duaaon me vishwas nahi kartaa hoon!
Khushi: Chaliye,maan liya. Par kya aap iss baat ko maante hain na,ki tab aapse galti huyi thi? Aur aapne Rachnaaji aur apne doston k saath sahi nahi kiya?
Rachnaa: Ab maanne ya na maanne se kya hoga,Khushiji?
Khushi: Aap aise kyun keh rahi hain,Rachnaaji? Jab humari aapse baat huyi thi tab toh aap keh rahi thi ki aapne Arnavji ko maaf kar diya hai aur aapk man me unk liye bair nahi hai! Phir ab..
Rachnaa(interrupts): Ji haan,hum maante hain ki humne kaha tha aapse. Par ab humein gussa aa raha hai yeh dekhkar ki Arnav aaj bhi utna hi dheet aur ziddi hai jitna ki pehle tha!
Arnav: Shut up! (points his index finger)Jus' shut your mouth!
Khushi(hand on his shoulder): Arnavji..
Rachnaa: Koi tumhe aayina dikhaane ki koshish kartaa hai toh tum usska haath todne ki koshish karte ho! (determined)Tum chaahe jitna bhi bura-bhalaa keh lo, lekin hum chup nahi honge!
Arnav shrugged off Khushi's hand as he prepared to leave the room.
Khushi: Arnavji,suniye..!
Rachnaa: Aur kitna bhaagoge,Arnav? Kamre se baahar chale jaane se iss masle ka hal nahi niklega! Aaj nahi toh kal,tumhe apne beete huye kal ka saamna karna hi hoga!
Arnav: Main apnaa beeta hua kal peechhe chhod chuka hoon! Aur mujhe uss ka saamna karne ki koi zaroorat nahi hai!
Rachnaa: Humse moonh modne ka matlab yeh nahi hai ki tum apne beete huye kal se bhi moonh mod loge! Jab,jab tum Lucknow aaoge tab,tab tumhe uss ka saamnaa karnaa hi hoga! Kab tak inn jhooti baaton se apneaap ko tasalli doge?
Sumitra: Shaant ho jaiyye,bitiya! Har baat ko kehne ka 1 sahi tareeqa hota hai..
Rachnaa: Woh tareeqa Arnav ko seekhna chahiye! Aapne dekha na,mummy,ki woh aapki maujudgi me kis tarah se batiyaa raha hai humse?
Sumitra(ignores her question): Woh tareeqa aapko bhi aazmaana chahiye. Gusse ka jawaab gusse se dene me koi samajhdaari nahi hai! Aur Arnav, bete aap bhi shaant ho jaiyye. (turns to Khushi)Khushi,bitiya aap Arnav ko aap k kamre me lekar jaiyye..
Khushi nods in response.
Arnav left before she could even utter a word.
Khushi: Arnavji ki or se.. hum..
Sumitra: Uss ki zaroorat nahi hai,bitiya! Aapko iss waqt Arnav k saath hona chahiye..
Khushi nodded before she rushed out of the door.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Sumitra turned to her daughter who seemed less agitated now.
Sumitra(cups her cheek): Rachhu, bitiya aapko kuch der aaraam kar lena chahiye. Aaj aapka vrat bhi hai aur..
Rachnaa(interrupts): Aaj aapka bhi toh vrat hai na,mummy? Jab daddy Aashaadi ekaadashi k din chal base, tab hum dono ne har ekaadashi ko unk liye vrat rakhne ka faisla kiya tha. Aaj tak hum dono yeh vrat rakhte aaye hain. Aur har ekaadashi ko aap unhe yaad karti hain.. unki kami mehsoos karti hain! Yeh baatein humse chhipi nahi hai. Aaj aapne apne gham ko bhulaakar pehle toh ghar ki marammat par poora dhyaan diya aur phir.. humara saath dene k liye yahaan aa gayi. (holds her hand) Jab se humne aapko Arnav aur humare sambandh k baare me bataaya tha,tab se lekar aaj tak aapne har waqt humara saath diya. Jab humare saath koi bhi nahi tha, tab bhi aap humare saath thi! Jab hum galat the,tab humein sahi rastaa dikhaaya aur jab sahi the tab aage badhne ka protsaahan(encouragement) diya. Agar aapne humein inn se na milvaya hota toh hum kitne saari khushiyon se vanchit(deprived) reh jaate.. phir chaahe woh patni banne ka sukh ho ya maa banne ka saubhaagya. Kuch bhi nahi milta humein agar aapne Arnav ko bhulaakar aage badhne me humari madad na ki hoti!
Sumitra: Aisi koi baat nahi hai,bitiya. Humne bas maa hone ka farz poora kiya hai. Aap khud itni samajhdaar aur suljhi huyi hain ki humari madad k bina bhi aap,waqt rehte,khud ko sambhaal leti aur aage bhi badh jaati.
Rachnaa: Ho saktaa hai par tab humare man me Arnav k liye nafrat bhar jaati! Uss k ateet se uss ki sulah karvaana toh bahut door ki baat hai,hum toh usse kabhi maaf hi nahi kar paate! Par aapne humein jo achchhe sanskaar diye hain unhi k badaulat hum yeh kaam kar paaye hain! (kisses her hand) Iss k liye aur aapne humare liye jo kuch bhi kiya hai uss k liye hum taa umar aapk shukraguzaar rahenge!
She had barely placed her arms around her mother when her phone buzzed.
Sumitra: Yeh zaroor Apekshit babu ka phone hoga. Aap unn se batiya lijiye tab tak hum kapde badalkar aate hain.
Rachnaa nodded before she went to answer the call.
Rachnaa: Hello..
Apekshit: Hum aa jaayein?
Rachnaa: Abhi nahi.. (pause) Bas.. Kuch der intezaar kar lijiye..
Apekshit: Jitna samay lena ho le lijiye bas apnaa khayaal rakhiyega!
Rachnaa was touched to hear that.
Apekshit: Wahaan jo bhi ho raha hai uss ka asar aapki tabiyat nahi padhna chahiye.Humari gairhaazri(absence) aapko khud ko sambhaalna hoga.
Rachnaa(nods): Hmm..
Apekshit: 1 baar hum wahaan aa jaayein phir toh humare saahabzaade hi hum dono sambhaal lenge!
Rachnaa(smiles): Achchhaa?
Apekshit: Hum sach keh rahe hain. Hum Neev ka dhyaan beshaq rakh rahe hain par hum unhe nahi sambhaal rahe hain. Woh hi hain jo humein sambhaal rahe hain!
Rachnaa: Woh kaise?
Apekshit: Jab hum hotel se ravaana huye tab hum aapk liye kaafi pareshaan the.. Bechain ho rahe the, yeh sochkar ki hum aise mauke par aapk saath nahi honge jab aapko humare saath ki sabse zyaada zaroorat padegi! Par jab se yahaan aaye hain tabse Neev ne humein vyast rakhaa hai. Unk peechhe-peechhe bhaagne me, unki farmaaish k kapdein khareedne me ,unhe khana khilaane me humara waqt beeta hai.
Rachnaa: Iss hi bahaane aapka dhyaan bat gaya..
Apekshit: Aur man kuch der k liye behel gaya. Ab toh bas hum intezaar kar rahe hain ki kab yeh silsila khatm hoga aur kab hum aapk paas laut aayenge!
Rachnaa could sense the weariness in her husband's voice.
Rachnaa: Neev bahut pareshaan kar rahe hain kya aapko?
Apekshit: Aapko pareshaani me akele chhodne ka khayaal humein zyaada pareshaan kar raha hai!
Rachnaa: Humari pareshaani bas khatm hi hone ko hai.. Aur kuch palon ka intezaar phir hum sab ko apni,apni pareshaaniyon se aazaadi mil jaayegi!
Apekshit: Bhagwan kare aisaa hi ho!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Khushi banged into her husband soon after she entered their suite.
Arnav steadied her as he caught her weight in his arms.
Khushi(shocked): Aap..?! Darwaaze par.. kyun khade hain?
Arnav: Kya tumhe sach me aisaa lagtaa hai,Khushi?
Khushi(frowns): Ji?
Arnav: Kisi aur ko kya lagtaa hai aur kya nahi lagtaa hai uss se mujhe koi matlab nahi hai! Par tumhare thoughts aur wishes mere liye matter karte hain! (cups her cheek)Kya tum sach me.. Sheesh mahal k baare me jaanna chaahti ho?
Khushi nods slowly.
Arnav: Aur.. kya tum.. actually wahaan.. jana chahti ho?
Khushi nodded yet again.
He sighed to himself as his hand left her cheek.
Arnav: Unbelievable man!
Soon enough his hands clutched her shoulders.
Arnav: Toh tumhe mujhe bataana chahiye tha! I cant believe ki tumne uss se kaha aur mujhse nahi!
Khushi: Achchha.. Toh aapko iss baat se taqleef ho rahi hai ki humne Rachnaaji se sawaal kiya aur aapse nahi?
Arnav: Thats not what I mean! I mean.. of course mujhe taqleef ho rahi hai uss baat se! But.. mujhe yeh sochkar zyaada taqleef ho rahi hai ki tumne iss wish k baare me mujhe kuch nahi bataaya! Hum Lucknow tumhari wishes fulfill karne k liye aaye hain,remember?
Khushi: Humein sab yaad hai! Par humne kabhi aapse yeh nahi kaha ki aap humein Sheesh mahal lekar chaliye kyunki hum jaante the ki aapko Sheesh mahal ka ziqar karne se bhi bahut taqleef hoti hai! Aur aapki taqleefon ko badhaane ka humara koi iraada nahi tha aur aaj bhi nahi hai! Rachnaaji.. chaahe kuch bhi keh lein, hum aapse kabhi nahi kahenge ki.. humein Sheesh mahal le chaliye!  Lekin..
She paused & took a deep breath.
Khushi: Hum yeh zaroor kahenge ki Rachnaaji.. jo keh rahi hain woh sahi hai!
Arnav turned his face away from her as he eased his hold on her shoulders.
Khushi clutched his chin in her palm as she forced him to face her.
Khushi: Ab aap humse toh moonh mat pheriye, Arnavji! Aur Rachnaaji se bhi mat pheriye! Woh jo keh rahi hai uss me unki nahi,aapki bhalaai hai! Aur unhone sahi kaha,aapko badon ka lihaaz karnaa chahiye. Unki amma k saamne aapne kitni badtameezi se..
Arnav(interrupts): Uss ki side lena band karo!
Khushi: Nahi karenge,kyunki woh sahi hain! Aap toh shukar manaaiyye ki unk pati uss samay wahaan nahi the!
Arnav: Oh ya? Tum mujhe uss k pati ka naam lekar daraana chah rahi ho?
Khushi: Ji nahi! Hum sirf yeh keh rahe hain ki koi bhi pati apni patni k saath kisi ko badtameezi nahi karne denge! Aap khud hi sochiye, agar.. humse kisine yeh sab kaha hota toh aap uss ka gilebaan(collar) dabochkar usse dhakke maar k hotel k baahar nahi phenk dete? Kya aap chupchaap khade rehkar kisi ko apni patni se badtameezi karne dete?
Arnav: Of course not!
Khushi: Jo cheez koi aur humare saath kare aur humse bardaash na ho, woh hi cheez humein kisi k bhi saath kabhi nahi karni chahiye! Humein iss baat ko dimaag me rakhnaa chahiye ki agar kisi ne humare saath waisa kuch kiya hota toh humein kaisaa lagtaa. Rachnaaji ki amma ki umar lagbhag.. maa ki umar jitni hogi. Aap unko maa samaan nahi samajhte isiliye unki baat nahi karenge. Par aap 1 baat bataiyye,agar.. maa aaj humare beechh hoti toh kya aap..
Arnav(closes his eyes): Maa,maa,maa! (yells)What the hell is wrong with everyone?! Sablog maa ka ziqar kyun kar rahe hain? (glares at her)Tum kyun kar rahi ho? Don' you get it? Lucknow pahuchne k baad se hi maa ki yaadein mujhe.. haunt kar rahi hain! Main..
Khushi(interrupts): Aur aap unhe bhulaane ki koshish kar rahe hain! I get it! Par kya aap aisaa karne me safal huye hain? Aaj nahi,aaj se pehle kabhi bhi safal huye hain? Boliye..
Arnav had no answers for her questions.
Khushi: Kya sirf aap hi ne apni maa ko uss raat khoya tha? Di ne bhi toh apni maa ko khoya tha na? Par unhe toh kabhi maa ya dad ki yaadein 'haunt' nahi karti hain. Kya aapne socha hai ki aisa kyun hai?
Arnav: Mujhe di se compare mat karo!
Khushi: Nahi kar rahe hain! Hum sirf yeh keh rahe hain ki di ne apne beete huye kal k saath samjhautaa kar liya hai. Jab unhe maa ki ya dad ki yaad aati hai tab woh aansu bahaakar apnaa dukh zaahir kar leti hain, par.. aap aisaa nahi kar paate hain! Yeh aapki kamzori(weakness) hai,aap iss baat ko sweekaar karein chaahe na karein!
She stopped as she recalled Sumitra's words.
"Gusse ka jawaab gusse se dene me koi samajhdaari nahi hai!"
She took a deep breath before speaking to him in a calmer tone.
Khushi: Sugar ki beemaari bhi toh aapki kamzori hai na? Shaaririk(physical) kamzori hi sahi,par aapne uss par qaaboo kar liya hai. Waise hi aap iss kamzori par bhi qaaboo kar sakte hain! Agar aap chaahe toh! Agar aap nahi chaahe toh aapko koi nahi samjhaa saktaa hai! Gusse se dekhenge toh dost me dushman nazar aayega aur patni me.. bhootni nazar aayegi!
Arnav(shocked): What the..!? Bhootni!?
Khushi: woh.. patni shabd k saath bhootni shabd hi kaafile(rhyme) me baithega yeh sochkar.. humne keh diya!
Arnav shook his head as he let out a huge sigh.
Arnav: You know what? Sometimes I really wonder ki.. 1 hi dimaag se aise useless thoughts aur.. thoughtful advice kaise nikal sakte hain?
Khushi(taps his head): Waise hi jaise 1 hi dimaag me gussa, akal(intelligence) aur samajhdaari(wisdom) bhari hui hai! Lekin kis waqt iss.. laajawaab dimaag ka kaunsa pehloo nazar aayega yeh koi nahi keh saktaa!
Arnav: The same applies to you,I mean.. your dimaag!
Khushi: Ab aap apni baat kijiye!
Arnav: uh huh! Main humari baat karunga..
Khushi(frowns): Humari baat?
Arnav(nods): Tumhe Paris k baare me kuch bhi nahi pataa tha lekin phir bhi tum mere saath wahaan jaane k liye raazi ho gayi kyunki main wahaan jaana chaahta tha. Main Lucknow nahi aana chahta tha lekin phir bhi main tumhare saath yahaan aa gaya kyunki tum yahaan aana chaahti thi. *when Khushi nods* Tum chaahti ho ki main tumhe Sheesh mahal lekar jaaun par tum yeh nahi kahogi kyunki tum mujhe hurt nahi karnaa chahti ho. Main Sheesh mahal nahi jaana chaahta hoon par phir bhi.. main tumhe wahaan lekar jaaunga kyunki tum wahaan jaana chaahti ho!
Khushi: Arnavji,sirf humari ichchha puri karne k liye aapko..
Arnav(interrupts): Mujhe taqleef hogi par main sehen kar lunga,tumhare liye aur tumhare saath!
Khushi: Aur Rachnaaji? Unk dard,taqleef aur aansuon ka kya?
Arnav: Woh tum uss k husband par chhod do!
Khushi: Matlab aap unse maafi nahi maangenge?
Arnav: Nahi!
Khushi: Aur Armaanji se?(answers herself) Unse maafi maang lenge aur Virendraji se bhi. Rajeshji se bhi maafi maang le. Baaki sab se sulah kar lenge sirf Rachnaaji se roothe rahenge kyunki unhone humein woh sab bataa diya jo aapne nahi bataaya tha! Hai na?
Arnav remains silent.
Khushi: Agar woh humse yeh sab kuch nahi kehti toh.. kya aap humein Sheesh mahal lekar jaatein? Humare adhoore sapne ko poora kar paatein? (shakes her head)Nahi kar paatein! Aur na hi humein.. ek-doosre ka dard baantne ka mauka mil paata! Yeh sab kuch sirf Rachnaaji ki wajah se ho paayega! Isiliye hum unk shukrguzaar hain! Jab aapka gussa thanda ho jaayega aur aapko iss baat ka ehsaas hoga tab aap bhi unk shukrguzaar honge! Par tab tak bahut der ho chuki hogi. Aaj aap unk saath aisaa kar rahe hain,kal ko shaayad humari kisi baat par humse naraaz hokar,aap humse..
Arnav(interrupts): Main tumhare saath aisaa kabhi nahi kar saktaa hoon & you know that! So don say that ever again!
She stops him when he tries to hug her.
Khushi: Aap nahi hain par hum aapse naraaz hain!
Arnav: Not again,Khushi! Tum uss k liye..
Khushi(interrupts): Ji nahi! Hum Rachnaaji k liye nahi keh rahe hain! Hum Devi Maiyya ki kasam khaakar kehte hain ki hum waaqai me aapse naraaz hain! Rachnaaji k prati aapka bartaav dekhkar humein bahut dukh hua! Humne sach me nahi socha tha ki humare samjhaane k baawajood bhi aap.. unse iss tarah se pesh aayenge. Hum toh soch rahe the ki aap humari baaton ko samajh gaye honge lekin.. aapne humein niraash(disappoint) kar diya,Arnavji! Jis insaan ko pehle hi aapne jaane-anjaane me dukh pahuchaaya hai uss hi insaan ko aapne dobara,jaan-bhoojkar apne shabdon se dukh pahuchaaya? Humein aapse yeh ummeed nahi thi!
She walks towards the bedroom without listening to him.
Arnav marches inside the bedroom after her.
Arnav: What d' you want me to do?
Khushi: Woh hi jo auntyji ne aapse kaha. Shaant ho jaiyye aur phir thande dimaag se sochkar dekhiye ki jo aapne kiya aur jo aapne Rachnaaji se kaha kya woh sahi tha? Jab aapko jawaab mil jaaye tab aap aaiyyega humare pass!
Arnav: Khushi,please! Agar tum mujhe khud se door kar dogi toh mera gussa shaant kaise hoga? I need you to calm down my nerves!
Khushi: Hum toh aapka gussa thanda karna chahte the. Humne aapse shaant rehne k liye kaha tha, aapk kandhe par haath bhi rakhaa tha,jisse aap chhatak kar kamre k baahar chale gaye! (sighs)Khair chhodiye.. (pats the bed)Yahaan baithiye,hum aapka sir dabaa dete hain..
Arnav: Khushi..
Khushi: Bahaane mat banaiyyega! Hum jaante hain ki gusse aur dard se aapka sir phataa jaa raha hai!
Arnav complied knowing fully well that she was absolutely right.
He sat down on the bed with his legs folded while Khushi sat on her knees behind him.
He felt a nerve relaxing somewhere in his head as soon as Khushi pressed his temple.
A sigh escaped his lips as his head fell back into the warmth of her shoulder.
Khushi massaged his head for a while before focusing on his shoulders.
Even though he was outwardly silent, Khushi could sense that he was inwardly reflecting on the incidents of the afternoon.
She prayed to Devi Maiyya to help him in taking the correct decision while making him realize where he went wrong.
*15 minutes later*
Arnav bent his head sideways to kiss the back of her left hand.
Arnav: Thanks a lot!
Khushi(kisses his cheek): Koi baat nahi!
She saw the look of surprise in his eyes as he turned sideways to face her.
Khushi: Ab hum aapse naraaz nahi hain!
Arnav was more than relieved to hear that.
Khushi: Par jab hum aapse naraaz the, tab bhi hum aapk paas rahe.. aapk saath rahe kyunki hum samajhte hain ki aapko humari kitni zaroorat hai! Isiliye hum kamre se baahar nahi gaye. Varna chaahte toh hum.. akele hi Rachnaaji k kamre me chale jaate. Par hum jaante hain ki iss waqt humara yahaan,aapk saath hona zyaada zaroori hai, hum dono k liye!
Arnav(kisses her right hand): Thanks for everythin, Khushi! I'm sorry to disappoint you!
Khushi felt the emotion choking his voice.
Arnav: And I'm sorry for.. not openin up to you! I'm.. really sorry.. for everythin'! I realize ki.. agar main pehle hi tumhe.. sab kuch bataa diya hota toh.. tumhe uss se kuch poochhne ki zaroorat hi nahi padhti! Mere hote huye.. tumhe uss se poochhna pada.. yeh sochkar main sharminda ho gaya. Aur mujhe uss par gussa aa gaya! I'm.. (gulps)Main jaanta hoon.. mujhe apne gusse par control rakhna chahiye tha. Aur.. main yeh bhi jaanta hoon ki.. mujhe tumhe sab kuch khud se.. bataana chahiye tha.. but.. (dejected sigh)main nahi bataa paaya!
Khushi wrapped her arms around his shoulders as she felt him tearing up.
Arnav: Dar gayaa tha.. (swallows) ki main.. kamzor padh jaaunga. (caresses her arm) Bhool gaya tha ki.. ab koi hai jo.. mujhe sambhaal saktaa hai! Koi hai jis k.. saamne.. I can afford to.. show my weakness!
Khushi: Sahi keh rahe hain aap. Uss waqt.. aap kamzor nahi padh sakte the..
Arnav: I couldnt afford to be weak! Di mujh par depend kar rahi thi.. Woh mujhse bhi zyaada suffer kar rahi thi. Main kamzor padh jaata toh.. unhe kaun sambhaalta? Aur.. main kamzor padh jaata toh.. kabhi aage nahi badh paata!
Khushi: Par ab aisaa nahi hoga,Arnavji! Ab aap.. apni kamzori humare saamne zaahir kar sakte hain! Aapki kamzori humein kamzor nahi karegi! (confidently) Hum aapko apni kamzori se ladne ki shakti denge! Aur hum usse ladkar aapko aage badhne ki himmat bhi denge! (requesting tone)Hum par bharosa kar k toh dekhiye..
Arnav: I know,sweetheart! (kisses her hand)I know ki tum mujhe disappoint nahi karogi! Tum khud bahut strong ho! Tumne toh.. mujhse bhi chhoti umar me amma,babuji ko aur apne ghar ko khoya hai. Phir bhi.. you dealt with it really well! (pats her hand)And I'm so proud of you for doin that!
Khushi: Humein bhi aap par garv hai! Apne beete huye kal se na sahi,lekin apne mushqil aaj se ladte huye aapne khud ko jis muqaam par pahuchaya hai wahaan pahuchna har kisi k bas ki baat nahi hai! Aap bhi waise bahut strong hain! Par jahaan aap weak ho jaayenge wahaan hum honge aap kostrong banaane k liye! Waise hi,jab hum kamzor padh jaayenge tab aap humari taaqat banenge jaise aaj tak bante aaye hain! Yeh hi toh pati,patni k rishte ki khaasiyat hai, Arnavji!1 gire,toh doosra sambhaale aur doosra gire toh pehla!
Arnav(nods): You're right! Par mujhe sambhaalne k liye tumhe.. bahut kuch karnaa hoga!
Khushi: Humein jitne paapad kyun na belne pade,hum utne paapad belne k liye taiyyaar hain!
Arnav(frowns): Paapad?
Khushi: Kahaavat hai.. Kehne ka matlab aapko sambhaalne k liye hum kuch bhi karne k liye taiyaar hain!
Arnav(turning around): Gimme a hug!
Khushi pulls her towards himself before wrapping her arms securely around his back.
Arnav buries his face in her hair while seeking solace from her embrace.
He breaks the hug to take her mouth in a deep,passionate kiss.
Khushi sighs against his urging lips as she clutches his collar in her fists.
Once she breaks the kiss,Khushi whispers against his lips.
Khushi: Toh.. aap.. kuch had tak.. sambhlein.. na?
Arnav: Abhi.. nahi..
He pulls her head closer for a demanding kiss.
Khushi poses the same question soon after they break apart.
Arnav shakes his head while rubbing his nose against hers.
As he is about to latch his mouth onto hers,she pats his lips.
Khushi: Humari.. saans phool.. rahi hai. Aur.. aapki bhi..
Arnav nods as he kisses her red nose.
Then he kisses her panting lips followed by her chin.
Khushi moans softly as he kisses his way down to the base of her neck.
Then he places his head on her chest so as to hear the rapid rhythm of her heart.
Once he feels the steady rhytm of her heartbeat,he kisses his way upto her lips.
Arnav: Ab?
Khushi kisses him thoroughly after nodding in the affirmative.
When Arnav responds negatively to the same question yet again,she smacks his shoulder.
Khushi: Humne.. ungli kya.. de di,aapne.. toh.. haath hi.. pakad liya!
She is delighted to find the lopsided grin on his lips.
Arnav: On a.. serious note.. Sheesh mahal jaane.. k baad.. I'll need.. a lot of.. hugs & kisses!
Khushi(nods): Jaante hain...
Arnav: Par jo sabse.. zaroori hai.. woh hai tumhari.. presence.. by my side! Chaahe mujhe.. Sheesh mahal.. jaana ho ya.. Rachnaa k.. suite me.. I want you.. next to me!
Khushi: Toh aap unse.. maafi maangenge?
Arnav: Koshish karunga..
Khushi: Humne kaha sirf.. isiliye?
Arnav: Nahi, coz I realize ki.. mujhe gusse me uss se uss tarah se behave nahi karna chahiye tha. And you're right, agar kisi ne tumhare saath aisaa kiya hota toh I wouldve never tolerated that! Besides,I've decided that I wanna.. make peace with my past now! Main bahut.. lad chuka usse.. bahut der tak bhaagta raha.. now I wanna.. deal with it & move on with you!
Khushi(smiles): Yeh hui na baat! (kisses his forehead) Hum aapk faisle se bahut khush hain!
Arnav(smiles): I know..
Khushi: Toh chalein?
Arnav: Lets freshen up first..
Khushi: Theek hai. Par uss k baad aap iss kaam ko nahi taalenge! Understood?
Arnav(tweaks her nose): Understood my copycat!
Khushi: Toh chaliye..
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Sumitra opened the door soon after she heard the knock.
As she had expected,she found ArShi standing outside.
Sumitra(smiles): Aaiyye..
Rachnaa stood up from the couch as ArShi stepped inside.
Her gaze first fell on the expressions on Arnav's face and then on ArShi's entwined hands.
She smiled as she addressed Khushi.
Rachnaa: Toh aap finally apne sasural jaa rahi hain?
Khushi(smiles): Ji haan. Sirf aapki wajah se! Isiliye hum aapse shukriya kehne aaye hain.
She left Arnav's hand & walked upto Rachnaa.
Rachnaa: Sirf humari wajah se kehna sahi nahi hoga,Khushiji. Iss me aapki aur aapk pati ki marzi bhi shaamil hai isiliye aap wahaan jaa rahi hain. Aur hum aapk liye behad khush hain!
Khushi(while hugging her): Aapne jo kuch bhi kiya uss k liye bahut,bahut shukriya!
Rachnaa(hugs her back): Ab aapko wahaan jaakar humara kaam karnaa hoga. Yaad hai na?
Khushi: Ji bilkul! (breaks the hug)Hum aapse woh hi poochhna chaah rahe the ki.. yahaan aas-paas koi mandir hai kya,jahaan se hum Gangaajal le sakein?
Rachnaa: Uss ghar k pass hi Devi Maiyya ka mandir hai. Mandi k baahar chhoti-chhoti dukaane hain jahaan pooja ki saamagrih milti hai. Wahaan se aapko Gangaajal bhi mil jayega.
Khushi(nods): Theek hai toh hum waheen se le lenge. Aur,iss hi bahaane, Devi Maiyya k darshan bhi kar lenge!
She turned to Arnav who took a step towards her.
When he spoke this time,Rachnaa noticed the change in both,his tone as well as his demeanour.
Arnav: I'm sorry Rachnaa!
Rachnaa felt numb for a few seconds.
Arnav: Main jaanta hoon.. I should've.. said this earlier but.. its better to be late than never! Maine uss waqt jo kiya aur aaj jo kaha uss k liye main sharmindaa hoon! I regret behavin like a jerk!
Though he spoke for nearly 5 minutes,Rachnaa hardly heard anything beyond the word 'sorry.'
Rachnaa(thinks): Kya-kya socha tha humne! 1 din Arnav ko apni galti ka ehsaas hoga aur woh humse maafi maangne aayega! Uss k moonh se 'sorry' sunkar humari aankhein chhalak jaayengi. Hum usse maaf kar deneg aur kas k gale lagaa lenge! Aur phir sab kuch pehle jaisaa ho jaayega! (sighs)Par aaj.. jab uss ne sach me maafi maangi tab.. humein kuch mehsoos hi nahi ho raha hai! Khushiji se batiyaate huye bhi humare aansu nikal rahe the par.. ab lagtaa hai jaise humare aansu.. sookh gaye hain!
She came out of her reverie when she felt her mother's hand on her back.
Rachnaa(turns to her): Ji mummy?
Sumitra: Arnav aapk jawaab ka intezaar kar rahe hain,bitiya..
Rachnaa(nods): Ji.. (turns to Arnav) Its okay,Arnav. Hum tumhe bahut pehle hi maaf kar chuke hain. Ab tumhare sorry kehne ya na kehne ka koi matlab nahi hai kyunki.. jaisa ki humne kaha tha humari baat bahut pehle hi khatm ho gayi hai. Par,phir bhi,humein yeh dekhkar khushi huyi ki tumhe, der se hi sahi, tumhari galti ka ehsaas ho gaya! Aur tumme utni himmat hai ki tum yeh baat qabool kar paayein ki tumse galti huyi thi! Waise,ek galti humse bhi hui hai. Humne tumhare neeji maamle me dakhal diya uss k liye.. even I'm sorry!
Arnav: Thats okay! I know you didnt have a bad intention. And thanks! Main khud duaaon me vishwaas nahi kartaa hoon par..(turns to Khushi)main unki bahut qadar kartaa hoon jo.. sabk baare me sochte hain, sabki feelings ki care karte hain aur sab k liye duaaein maangte hain!
Rachnaa smiled as she witnessed the eyelock between ArShi.
Rachnaa: Hum jaante hain..
ArShi turned towards her when she spoke.
Rachnaa: Baat ab tumhari aur Khushiji ki hai. Jaise unk alaava tumhari madad aur koi nahi kar saktaa waise hi,tumhare alaava unk sasuraal se unki pehchaan utne achchhe se shaayad hi koi karvaa paayega. Khair,ab tum unhe Sheesh mahal lekar ja hi rahe ho toh.. iss se badhiyaa baat aur koi nahi ho sakti hai! (smiles)Humein Khushiji k chehre par yeh muskuraahat dekhkar bahut suqoon mil raha hai! Tumne apne beete huye kal se sulah karne ka jo faisla liya hai woh,aage chalkar, bahut sahi saabit hoga! Dekh lena..
Arnav(nods): Ya.. I guess. BTW,mujhe Khushi ne sirf Viren ka number diya. What bout.. Ammu?
Rachnaa: Uss ka number aur e-mail id Viren se le lena. Aur Rajesh k contact details tumhe Ammu de dega..
Arnav(smiles): Tum unn teeno se meri baat karvaakar hi dum logi?
Rachnaa no longer felt that heart-stopping, giddy joy upon seeing the lopsided grin on his face.
Rachnaa: Hum sirf sujhaav de rahe hain. Number maangna ya na maangna tumhari marzi hai..
Arnav: Yeah, of course..
Khushi was quietly yet keenly observing this exchange.
Khushi(thinks): Inn dono ko dekhkar kaun kahega ki yeh dono bachpan se ek doosre ko jaante hain? Ya yeh ki.. kabhi yeh dono ek doosre se pyaar karte the? Rishton me waqt k chalte badlaav aate hain yeh toh hum jaante the. Par.. itna badlaav aa saktaa hai yeh.. aaj dekha humne. Jitna ajeeb waqt hota hai utne hi ajeeb yeh rishtein hote hain.
Her heart constricted at a rather disturbing thought.
Khushi: Kya.. waqt k chalte... humaare aur.. Arnavji k rishton me bhi.. bahut badlaav aayenge? Aaj se 15 saal baad.. humara rishta.. kaisaa hoga? Ab se behtar aur gehra ya..? (closes her eyes)Nahi Devi Maiyya! Aisaa mat hone dijiyega humare saath!
Arnav mustve sensed her discomfort because she felt his hand on her arm.
Khushi(turns to him): Ji?
Arnav: Tum theek ho?
Khushi nods.
Arnav(turns to Rachnaa): We should take your leave now..
Rachnaa(thinks): Inlogon k ravaana hote hi humein inhe phone kar k waapis bula lena chahiye. Neev ko bhi neend aa rahi hogi aur yeh bhi thak gaye honge.
Arnav: Goodbye!
Rachnaa: huh?
Arnav: I said.. goodbye!
There was a change in Rachnaa's expressions which did not go unnoticed by Khushi.
Rachnaa: Alvidaa!
Arnav: And.. (turns to Sumitra) I'm sorry aunty! Maine..
Sumitra(interrupts): Ab un baaton ko bhool jaiyye,beta! Humein bura nahi lagaa!
When Khushi knudges him, Arnav bends down & together they touch her feet.
Sumitra(smiles): Aap dono sada sukhi rahiye! Wish you both all the very best in life!
Arnav(acknowledging nod): Thank you so much!
Khushi(smiles): Shukriya auntyji! Aapse milkar bahut khushi huyi!
Sumitra(nods): Humein bhi! Chaliye,hum aapko lift tak chhod dete hain..
As she opened the door,she was surprised to find her grandson and son-in-law outside.
Sumitra: Badi jaldi aa gaye aaplog? Humein toh lagaa tha ki Neev shaam tak ghoomne wale hain!
Neev(rubs his eyes): Humein ninni aa rahi hai,nani!
Sumitra: Koi baat nahi,bachchhe! Aap aaraam se ninni kar lijiye! Jab aap shaam ko uthenge na tab hum sab mall chalenge!
Neev yawns while nodding.
His jaw dropped when he saw Khushi.
Neev(shocked): Aunty,aap?
Khushi(cups his cheek): Ha beta. Woh.. humein aapki mumma se kuch kaam tha isiliye hum yahaan aaye the. Par ab hum jaa rahe hain.
She bends down to kiss his forehead.
Khushi: Aap bahut hi achchhe bachchhe hain,beta! Hamesha aise hi rehna,theek hai?
Neev: Hum hamesha bachchhe thode hi na rahenge?
Khushi: Humara matlab (ruffles his hair) hamesha aise hi achchhe rehna!
Neev: Theek hai! Bye!
Khushi(smiles): Bye!
She folded her hands when she saw Apekshit standing near the door.
Khushi: Chalte hain.. Namaste!
Apekshit(folds his hands): Ji, namaste!
As Arnav approached him, he extended his hand.
Apekshit: Apekshit Tyaagi..
Arnav(shakes his hand firmly): Arnav Singh Raizada.
No words were exchanged as Arnav walked out of the door & Apekshit walked inside the suite.
Arnav did speak briefly to Sumitra.
While he was busy conversing with her, Khushi's eyes were trained on Rachnaa & Apekshit.
Rachnaa conveyed through her eyes what she could not say in the presence of their son.
The son,however,could not remain silent for long.
Neev(tugs her dupatta): Mumma..
Rachnaa(turns to him): Ha beta?
Neev(extends his arms): Godi..
She took him in her arms & placed his head on her shoulder.
Rachnaa: Chaliye beta. Hum aapk kapde badal dete hain nahi toh aap gande kapdon me hi so jaayenge!
Apekshit: Hum zaraa fresh hokar aate hain. Tab tak.. aap Neev ko sula dijiye.
He briefly held her gaze.
Rachnaa(nods): Ji.. 
As she turned to the other side, Neev saw Khushi standing outside the door.
Khushi waved towards him before joining Arnav & Sumitra.
Neev: Mumma..
Rachnaa(removing his shoes): Kya hua beta?
Neev: Khushi aunty yahaan kyun aayi thi?
Rachnaa: Woh beta.. Khushi aunty bahut achchhi hain na! Unhone subha aapki kitni help ki thi? Isiliye.. mumma ne unhe thank you kehne k liye aur nani se milvaane k liye bulaaya tha.
Neev: Aur unk saath jo uncle aaye the woh?
Rachnaa's gaze went to the sofa where Arnav was seated earlier that day.
Neev: Woh kaun the mumma?
Rachnaa: Beta,woh uncle Khushi aunty k husband hain.
The large brass bell clanged loudly when Khushi rang it.
Khushi: Jai Devi Maiyya ki!
She folded her hands & bowed her head in gratitude.
Khushi(thinks): Hey Devi Maiyya! Humne toh kabhi kalpana bhi nahi ki thi ki.. Arnavji khud humein Sheesh mahal lekar jaayenge! Ya humari Rachnaaji se mulaaqaat hogi aur.. woh itni achhchhi tarah se pesh aayengi humare saath! Par Aapk aashirwaad se yeh sab kuch hua! Aur ab.. hum apne sasuraal jaa rahe hain. Iss ka matlab yeh nahi hai ki Shantivan ko hum apnaa sasuraal nahi maante hain! Bilkul maante hain! Par kaheen na kaheen man me uss ghar ko dekhne ki aur jaanne ki icchhha basi thi, jahaan kabhi humare saas,sasur, nanad aur pati raha karte the. Aaj Arnavji uss ichchha ko poora karne jaa rahe hain aur saath me apne beete huye kal ka saamnaa karne jaa rahe hain. Unhe shakti dijiyega aur safal kijiyega! Aur humein shakti dijiyega ki hum unhe samajh paayein aur sambhaal paayein! Aap toh jaanti hain na Devi Maiyya, jab bhi woh dukhi hote ya rote hain tab.. hum par kya beet-ti hai? Par aaj humein khud ko mazboot rakhnaa hi hoga! Aisaa karne me humari madad kijiyega! Kal humara janamdin hai. Aur kal hum do saalon k lambe samay k baad Gomti sadan jaanewale hain! Aaj ka din bhaari raha humare liye. Ant me sab kuch theek ho gaya par.. phir bhi.. Kal k din ka har ek pal yaadgaar ho aisi praarthna hai! Arnavji k saath waise toh yeh humara doosra janmdin hai par aap bhi jaanti hain ki pichhle saal hum usse dhang se nahi manaa paaye the. Unhone humein khulkar badhaai bhi nahi di thi! Iss saal hum yeh din unk saath bahut achchhe se manaana chaahte hain! Humein poora vishwaas hai ki woh na sirf humein badhaai denge par humein koi na koi surprise bhi zaroor denge! Bas.. Aap yeh dekhiyega ki unka mood achchha rahe! Aaj Sheesh mahal se aane k baad.. pataa nahi kal.. (sighs)Humare man me bahut saare ajeeb, ajeeb khayaal aa rahe hain,Devi Maiyya! Kamaskam kal k din toh un khayaalon ko humare dimaag se door rakhne me humari madad kariyega! (opens her eyes)Ab hum chalte hain. Arnavji baahar intezaar kar rahe hain aur.. abhi toh Gangajal bhi lena hai.
She repeatedly touches her folded hands to her forehead & chest while chanting Devi Maiyya's name.
Then she rings the bell once again before leaving.
Devi Maiyya smiled at her dear devotee as she raced down the stairs of the temple.
Then She raised her hand in blessing & said: Tathaastu! (meaning your wishes will be granted/whatever you have wished for will happen.)
Precap:
Arnav: Maine dekha ki tum.. Rachnaa aur uss k bete ko dekhkar smile kar rahi thi. Khushi.. I know that.. you long for a baby! Maine ab tak tumhari iss wish ko pending rakhaa hai. I'm so sorry to keep you waiting! But,I promise,main tumhe 1 saal se zyaada wait nahi karvaaunga! Aur iss 1 saal k dauran.. I will prepare myself to embrace fatherhood!
Khushi smiled before placing a soft kiss on his lips.
Khushi: Aapne yeh kehkar humein kitni khushi di yeh hum shabdon me bayaan kar paayenge! Par haan,hum yeh zaroor bataana chaahenge ki hum.. yeh nahi soch rahe the ki Rachnaaji k paas un k pati aur beta hai isiliye unka parivaar poora hai ya.. kaash humare paas bhi humara bachcha hota! Hum toh Rachnaaji aur Apekshitji ko saath dekhkar khush ho rahe the! Un dono ki aankhon me pyaar dekhkar dil ko tasalli mili!
Arnav: Really?
Khushi: Aur kya!? Jab kisi ka pyaar poora ho jata hai tab humein bahut achcha lagtaa hai! Hum nahi chahte ki duniya me koi bhi akela reh jaaye ya kisi ka bhi pyaar poora na ho paaye! Pyaar hai hi itna khaas ehsaas! Har kisi ko usse mehsoos karne ka mauka aur jinse pyaar karte hain unka pyaar paane ka sukh milna hi chahiye!
She was startled when Arnav pulled her closer by her waist.
Khushi: Areh!? Aap ne yeh kyun..
Arnav(interrupts): Main bas tumhe mauka de raha tha!(leans closer) Apne pati se pyaar jataane ka aur (pecks her lips)apne pati ka pyaar paane ka maukaa!
Khushi(laughs): Mauke pe chaukaa marnaa toh koi aapse seekhe!

Kindly ignore typos & mistakes. Translation here:

Next update on Sunday,4th Oct. Since I could provide only 1 update for the month of September, I have decided to write 3 chapters in the month of October. So you will get the next three updates hopefully on 4th, 15th & 25th October,2015.

Edited by ..Smita.. - 8 years ago
Thanks 4 d update..
was longing 4 it and really nice to see d the strength in ARSHI'S relationship..
waiting 4 d nxt update
Thanks Again
and.. also take care of urself 
my good wishes...
Hi smitha ji main story bohut din padrai hoon 
And i love ur story so muchh main abi join kiya india forums main .i like u so much god bless u always ,aap ki har ek story bohut sweet
Eagerly waiting for ur next update
Hey Smita!
I hope you're fine now dear
Wonderful update as always...
So finally Arnav and Rachna came face to face
Khushi knows Arnav really well and its only khushi who can handle Arnav so well and make him realize his mistakes.
I just love their relationship so much.
Eagerly waiting for the next part
And take care of yourself dear :)

Thanks for the likes & comments! Over to..
Translation for Part 121
Khushi(hand on his arm): What happened Arnavji?
Arnav(opens his eyes): Huh?
Khushi(touches his forehead): You stopped abruptly and.. you're sweating so much.. Are you not feeling well?
Arnav: No. Lets go back!
Khushi(holds his hand): Wait!
Arnav: I dont wanna wait,Khushi. I cant.. do this!
Khushi: You will be able to do this,Arnavji! Give it a try. Please.. 
Arnav: Khushi, please don't create a scene out here! (tugs at her hand)Come with me..
As he tagged her along,he saw a lady of about 30 stepping out of the lift alongwith a middle aged lady who seemed vaguely familiar.
Khushi(surprised): Rachnaaji!?
Arnav(realizes): Su.. mitra Aunty!
Devi Maiyya smiled as She witnessed the scene from Her abode.
It was time to reveal Khushi's birthday surprise!
Rachnaa: Khushiji?
Arnav's gaze shifted to the younger lady as soon as she took Khushi's name.
He stared at her for a few moments.
Arnav(thinks): Is this.. Rachnaa?
His mind popped up several images of the Rachnaa whom he had known.
And soon enough he saw her standing near the ambulance with tears in her eyes.
Back then,he had wanted her to be with him & he knew she'd wished for the same.
But circumstances had separated them.
And today,a different set of circumstances had brought them face to face.
That too when they did not want to see each other.
Arnav swore under his breath at the irony of life.
Rachnaa,meanwhile,felt a lump forming in her throat.
Though she had seen Arnav's photos in the tabloids & read his interviews in fashion magazines,seeing him in front of her brought a whirlwind of all
the memories from their past.
She swallowed the lump & turned towards Khushi in an attempt to stop the reel of memories which were turning in her mind.
Rachnaa: You.. here?
Khushi: Ya.. umm.. I'm sorry! (turns to Arnav)I remember whatever.. you said but.. (turns back to Rachnaa) I still came back.. because..
Here she paused & waited for Arnav to continue.
When he didnt,she was forced to continue herself.
Khushi: Because.. Arnavji.. wanted to.. speak to you.
Rachnaa's mother spoke at this point of time.
Sumitra: It would be better to speak in the suite..
She nodded towards ArShi.
Sumitra: Come this way,beta...
Rachnaa wordlessly led them inside the suite.
Sumitra(gestures): Please have a seat..
ArShi sat on the sofas while Rachnaa gingerly sat on the edge of the bed.
Sumitra returned after closing the door.
Sumitra: Arnav,beta how are you?
Arnav turned to her to find the same warmth in her eyes as he had seen in the past.
Arnav: I'm fine,aunty. What bout you..?
Sumitra(nods): I'm fine as well.
Arnav: I'm.. so sorry! I didnt know bout.. uncle's.. death..
Sumitra: Why are you saying sorry? Whatever happened was in his best interest. He was having a lot of pain. He could niether speak properly nor
could he eat well because of the oxygen mask...(pauses) Bihari ji released him from the sphere of pain. (sighs)I was equally sad when.. I learnt about
your.. maa & papa. They may not be physically present,but you'll always have their blessings,bete! I'm sure they must be very happy to see you in
Lucknow! Especially your maa..
Arnav could not say anything after that.
The room was silent for a few minutes.
Sumitra: Excuse me. I'll just order coffee while you talk..
Arnav: Thats not needed,aunty. Thanks anyways!
He reluctantly turned towards Rachnaa.
As he was mentally forming a sentence,Rachnaa spoke up & surprised him with her words.
Rachnaa: You dont need to say what you're unable to say.
When she turned to look at him she found that familiar frown creasing his forehead.
Rachnaa: Nothing that you say or do not say now will.. make a difference. Whatever had to happen has already happened in the past! Our time.. is
gone & our story.. came to an end a long time ago! (turns to Khushi)Now the time is Khushiji's & she's the 1 who has the most important role in your
life story. So you should apologize to her.
Arnav(frowns deeply): What?
Khushi(confused): Why should.. Arnavji.. apologize to me?
Rachnaa: You will never be able to go to your sasural,all because of Arnav! While we were chatting,I noticed that you were excited to know about
Sheesh mahal! Its obvious because.. (turns to Arnav)Arnav never told you anything about his house. And niether did he ever take you to Sheesh
mahal. Your wish to see & know more about your sasural will never be fulfilled. Thats why I asked Arnav to apologize..
Arnav: For your kind information,Khushi has already been to.. Sheesh mahal.
Rachnaa: But she hasnt seen Sheesh mahal from your point of view? Has she? Till you dont..
Arnav(interrupts): I dont need your advice! I'm capable enough to decide what I need to do & what I dont need to do!
Rachnaa(nods): I know that you dont need my advice. Its your personal matter & I'm sorry to interfere this way! Since you clearly told me that I
should stay away from this,I'd like to tell you something without mincing words: You will never be able to prepare yourself to visit Sheesh mahal on
your own! Your wounds are so deep & you dont have the ability to heal them on your own!
An enraged Arnav was about to respond when she silenced him with her words.
Rachnaa: Noone other than Khushiji can do this! If there's someone who can share your pain & heal your wounds (stresses) its only your wife!
Similarly,if there's someone who can answer Khushiji's questions about her sasural,its only her husband! You want to share your grief or bear its
weight on your heart for the rest of your life? You want to answer Khushiji's questions with silence or by taking her to her sasural?
Khushi: Rachnaaji, you're..
Rachnaa(interrupts): I wont apologize for speaking to your husband in this,Khushiji! Coz I dont want your dreams to.. meet the same fate as my
dreams!
She swallowed a lump at this point of time.
Rachnaa: I would never want him to do with you what he did with his friends!
Arnav could keep not quiet after hearing that.
Arnav(thru gritted teeth): What.. the hell.. do you mean?
Rachnaa: Your friends tried to help you while you were grieving. Instead of appreciating their gesture, you threw them out of your life! I know that
Khushiji must've tried to share your grief but you still want to keep it locked in your heart! Only Baanke Bihari knows the reason behind that! I fail to
understand why you need to keep your grief to yourself when you have sucha supportive life partner? Why dont you express to her whatever you feel
regarding maa & dad's deaths? Why do you want to keep your pain buried in your heart all your life?!
Sumitra(places a hand on her hand): Control yourself,bitiya..
Rachnaa: Let me speak,mummy.. I wanted to speak to him in all these years but I never got a chance to do so. Having got the chance today,I'll speak
whatever's there on my mind!
Arnav: And you think that I'll sit here & listen to that rubbish?
Rachnaa: You're the only one who thinks its rubbish when its clearly not!
Arnav got up to leave when Rachnaa said..
"Swear on Maa's name & tell me that whatever I'm saying is wrong or rubbish!"
Arnav stopped in his tracks & turned to her,his eyes emitting fire.
Arnav: Nobody has to right to refer to my mother as maa excepting me & my wife!
Rachnaa was undeterred with his statement.
Rachnaa: I'm sorry! I forgot that I.. lost all my.. rights 15 years back. Fine! Swear on your mother's name & say that its rubbish!
Khushi: Please stop it,both of you! You're hurting me apart from hurting yourself with your words!
Arnav turned to Khushi to find tears in her eyes.
His expressions softened as he held her hand.
Arnav: I'm sorry Khushi! But she's..
Khushi: Why are you saying sorry to me? You should say it to her! Rachnaaji did not have any rights yet she kept praying for you & your family! She
prayed for the souls of your parents so that they may attain peace! I wonder why all this does not seem important to you,Arnavji?
Arnav: Coz I dont believe in prayers!
Khushi: Okay,understood. But you do realize that you've made a mistake in your past,dont you? And that you shouldnt have done that to Rachnaaji &
your friends?
Rachnaa: Whats the point of saying all this now,Khushiji?
Khushi: Why are you speaking like that,Rachnaaji? While we were chatting, you told me that you've forgiven Arnavji! And that you dont hold anything
against him! Then why..
Rachnaa(interrupts): Yes,I agree that I said all that. But I got angry when I realized that Arnav is as stubborn today as he was in the past!
Arnav: Shut up! (points his index finger)Jus' shut your mouth!
Khushi(hand on his shoulder): Arnavji..
Rachnaa: When someone tries to show the mirror, you try to break that person's hand!(determined) No matter what you say,I wont keep quiet today!
Arnav shrugged off Khushi's hand as he prepared to leave the room.
Khushi: Arnavji,listent to me..!
Rachnaa: For how long do you intend to run,Arnav? Leaving the suite will not solve this problem! You'll have to face your past!
Arnav: I've left my past behind! And I dont need to face it again!
Rachnaa: You're wrong! You might not want to face me,but you'll have to face your past! You'll be reminded of it everytime you come to Lucknow! For
how long can you avoid facing it?
Sumitra: Calm down,bitiya! There's a way of talking to someone..
Rachnaa: Arnav needs to learn that way,mummy! The way he's talking to me in your presence..(shakes her head)
Sumitra(ignores her words): You need to learn that as well. There's no wisdom in dealing with someone's anger by getting enraged yourself! And
Arnav, bete you should also calm down. (turns to Khushi)Khushi bitiya, take Arnav to your room..Khushi nods in response.
Arnav left before she could even utter a word.
Khushi: On behalf of Arnavji,I'd..
Sumitra: Thats not required,bitiya! You should be with Arnav right now..
Khushi nodded before she rushed out of the door.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Sumitra turned to her daughter who seemed less agitated now.
Sumitra(cups her cheek): Rachhu bitiya, you should take rest for a while. You've kept a fast &..
Rachnaa(interrupts): Havent you kept a fast too,mummy? When daddy passed away on Aashaadi ekaadashi, we both had decided to keep a fast for
him on every ekaadashi. Till today we've religiously observed this fast every month. You miss him on every ekaadashi.. his absence hurts you the
most on this day! I'm aware of all these things. Today you forgot your personal grievance to look after the renovation work & then.. you arrived here
to support me. (holds her hand) Ever since I told you about my relationship with Arnav,you've been by my side like a rock. When nobody was there
with me,even then you were there with your daughter! When I went on the wrong path,you took me to the correct path & when I took the right
decisions,you encouraged me to move ahead with confidence. Had you not introduced me to him(Apekshit),I would've deprived myself of all these
joys.. be it the pleasure of being a wife or the good fortune of becoming a  mother. I wouldve got nothing had you not helped me to forget Arnav &
move on in life!
Sumitra: I havent done anything extraordinary,bitiya. I was only doing my duties as a mother. You are so wise and intelligent that you wouldve
eventually moved on,even without my help.
Rachnaa: May be.. but then I would've hated Arnav to the core! I wouldve never forgiven him! And I would've never done anything to make sure that
he faces his past! I could do all of these because of the good values that you've instilled in me! (kisses her hand) I will be thankful to you for the rest
of my life for all that you've done for me!
She had barely placed her arms around her mother when her phone buzzed.
Sumitra: This must be Apekshit babu! You speak to him while I change into something comfortable..
Rachnaa nodded before she went to answer the call.
Rachnaa: Hello..
Apekshit: Should I come back?
Rachnaa: Not now.. (pause) Please.. wait for some more time..
Apekshit: Take as much time as you want but please take care of yourself!
Rachnaa was touched to hear that.
Apekshit: The incidents of this day should not have an impact on your health. You'll have to look after yourself in my absence.
Rachnaa(nods): Hmm..
Apekshit: Once we're back, our 'small wonder' will take care of everyone!
Rachnaa(smiles): Really?
Apekshit: Honestly.. I'm looking after Neev but I'm not taking care of him. He's the 1 who's taking care of me.
Rachnaa: Seriously?
Apekshit: Yes! I was disturbed when we left the hotel.. Not only was I concerned about you, I was feeling guilty for leaving you at a time when you
needed me the most! But ever since we came here, Neev has kept me on my toes. I was so busy in feeding him, buying clothes for him, running after
him that I didnt realize when so much time passed!
Rachnaa: He served as a nice distraction for you..
Apekshit: You're right. Now I'm just waiting for all this to get over so that I could come back to you!
Rachnaa could sense the weariness in her husband's voice.
Rachnaa: Is Neev troubling you a lot?
Apekshit: The thought of leaving you alone over there is troubling me much more than Neev!
Rachnaa: The troubles are about to cease.. Just wait for some more time.. Then all of us would get relief from our troubles!
Apekshit: I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Khushi banged into her husband soon after she entered their suite.
Arnav steadied her as he caught her weight in his arms.
Khushi(shocked): You..?! Why are you.. standing near the door?
Arnav: Do you seriously feel like that,Khushi?
Khushi(frowns): What?
Arnav: I dont give a damn bout what anyone else thinks or feels! But your thoughts & wishes matter to me! (cups her cheek)Do you really wanna..
know bout.. Sheesh mahal?
Khushi nods slowly.
Arnav: And.. do you.. actually wanna.. see that place?
Khushi nodded yet again.
He sighed to himself as his hand left her cheek.
Arnav: Unbelievable man!
Soon enough his hands clutched her shoulders.
Arnav: You should've told me bout it! I cant believe that you told her & not your husband!
Khushi: Oh.. So you're upset because I didnt ask you.. I asked Rachnaaji instead?
Arnav: Thats not what I mean! I mean.. of course I'm upset bout it! But.. I'm much more upset coz you didnt tell me anythin bout this wish of yours!
We're in Lucknow to fulfill your wishes,remember?
Khushi: I remember everything! But I never asked you about Sheesh mahal coz I know how much that topic bothers you! Merely taking Sheesh mahal's
name makes you sad! And I dont intend to make you sad! Rachnaaji.. no matter what she says,I will never ask you to take me to Sheesh mahal! But..
She paused & took a deep breath.
Khushi: But I have to say that Rachnaaji.. is absolutely right!
Arnav turned his face away from her as he eased his hold on her shoulders.
Khushi clutched his chin in her palm as she forced him to face her.
Khushi: Dont walk away from me, Arnavji! And niether should you walk away from Rachnaaji! She's only concerned about your welfare! And she was
right, you should show some respect towards elders. You shouldnt have spoken to her so rudely in presence of her amma! And you..
Arnav(interrupts): Stop takin her side!
Khushi: I wont,coz she's right! You should be thankful that her husband wasnt around at that time!
Arnav: Oh ya? Are you tryin to scare me talkin bout her husband?
Khushi: Of course not! I'm just saying that no husband will allow anyone to misbehave or talk so rudely with his wife! Why dont you think about it
this way: Had.. someone spoken to me like that, you wouldve grabbed that person by his collar & thrown him out of the hotel! Would you quietly
watch someone misbehaving with your wife?
Arnav: Of course not!
Khushi: If we are unable to tolerate rude,insensitive behaviour from others, we should never behave likewise with anyone! We should keep it in mind
that we would never like it if someone behaved like! Rachnaaji's amma must be.. as old as maa. Since you dont consider her like your mother, I wont
talk about her. But tell me something, had.. maa been alive today, would you..
Arnav(closes his eyes): Maa,maa,maa! (yells)What the hell is wrong with everyone?! Why is everybody mentionin maa? (glares at her)Why are you
mentionin her? Don' you get it? Maa's memories have been hauntin me ever since.. we reached Lucknow! I've..
Khushi(interrupts): You're tryin to ignore her memories! I get it! But have you succeeded in doing so? You've never succeeded in doing so in all these
years! Am I right?
Arnav had no answers for her questions.
Khushi: Were you the only 1 who lost maa that night? Di lost maa as well. But maa & dad's memories never 'haunt' her. Have you ever wondered
why?
Arnav: Dont compare me with di!
Khushi: I'm not comparing you! I'm saying that di has made peace with her past. Whenever she remembers maa & dad she cries & expresses her
grief, her loss.. Whereas,you.. are not able to do so! This is your weakness,whether you accept it or not!
She stopped as she recalled Sumitra's words.
"There's no wisdom in dealing with someone's anger by getting enraged yourself!!"
She took a deep breath before speaking to him in a calmer tone.
Khushi: Isnt diabetes your weakness? Its a physical weakness but you've managed to control it. Similarly you can control this weakness! Only if you
wish to do so! If you dont wish to do so,nobody can help you! If you look through the glass of anger, you'll see in a foe instead of a friend! And you'll
see a knife instead of your wife!
Arnav(shocked): What the..!? Knife!?
Khushi: woh.. I couldnt think of another word which rhymed with wife so.. I decided to use knife! 
Arnav shook his head as he let out a huge sigh.
Arnav: You know what? Sometimes I really wonder.. how can such useless thoughts &.. thoughtful advice come out of the same mind?
Khushi(taps his head): Even I wonder how can 1 mind contain intelligence,wisdom & anger? Nobody can tell when.. I would get to see which aspect of
this wonderful mind!
Arnav: The same applies to you,I mean.. to your mind!
Khushi: Lets talk about you for now!
Arnav: uh huh! I'll talk bout us..
Khushi(frowns): Us?
Arnav(nods): You knew nothin bout Paris yet you decided to accompany me coz I wanted to visit Paris. I never wanted to come to Lucknow yet I
accompanied you coz you wanted to come to Lucknow. *when Khushi nods*  You want me to take you to Sheesh mahal but you'll never say that coz
you dont wanna hurt me. I dont wanna go to Sheesh mahal but I'll take you there.. since its your wish!
Khushi: Arnavji,you need not take the trouble for the sake of ful..
Arnav(interrupts): I'll have a hard time but I'll bear it all, for you & with you!
Khushi: And what about Rachnaaji? What about the hard time which she's been through? What about her tears & her sadness?
Arnav: Her husband is there to take care of her!
Khushi: Which means you wont say sorry to her?
Arnav: Nope!
Khushi: And what about Armaanji?(answers herself) You'll say sorry to him & Virendraji. And also to Rajeshji. You'll call it a truce with everyone
except Rachnaaji just because she told me what you didnt tell me! Isnt it?
Arnav remains silent.
Khushi: Had she not told me about it.. you wouldnt have taken me to Sheesh mahal! You wouldnt have got a chance to fulfill my wish! And.. we
wouldnt have got a chance to share our feelings on this matter! All this will happen only because of Rachnaaji! Thats why I'm thankful to her! Once
you've cooled down, you'll realize that I was right! And then you'll also be thankful to her! But it'll be too late. Today you're doing this to her.
Tomorrow you might be upset with something which I do & then you'll..
Arnav(interrupts): I can never do that to you & you know that! So don say that ever again!
She stops him when he tries to hug her.
Khushi: You're not upset but I'm pretty upset right now!
Arnav: Not again,Khushi! Just for her..
Khushi(interrupts): No! I'm not taking Rachnaaji's side here! I promise on Devi Maiyya's holy name that I'm miffed with you! The way you behaved
with Rachnaaji.. it has made me sad! I never thought that.. you'd say all that even after I talked to you about her! I thought you'll apologize to her
but.. you've disappointed me, Arnavji! You've hurt that person unintentionally in the past & now.. to hurt her deliberately through your words is just..
(shakes her head) I never expected this!
She walks towards the bedroom without listening to him.
Arnav marches inside the bedroom after her.
Arnav: What d' you want me to do?
Khushi: I want you to do what auntyji has asked of you. Calm down & then think about it. Question yourself.. Was your behaviour with Rachnaaji 
rational or not? Come to me once you find the answers!
Arnav: Khushi,please! How will I calm down if you keep me away from yourself? I need you to calm down my nerves!
Khushi: I wanted to cool down your temper. I asked you to calm down, I even kept a hand on your shoulder but you just brushed it aside! (sighs)
Anyways.. (pats the bed)Sit down. I'll give you a head massage..
Arnav: Khushi..
Khushi: Dont make excuses! I know that your head is hurting because of all the stress & pain!
Arnav complied knowing fully well that she was absolutely right.
He sat down on the bed with his legs folded while Khushi sat on her knees behind him.
He felt a nerve relaxing somewhere in his head as soon as Khushi pressed his temple.
A sigh escaped his lips as his head fell back into the warmth of her shoulder.
Khushi massaged his head for a while before focusing on his shoulders.
Even though he was outwardly silent, Khushi could sense that he was inwardly reflecting on the incidents of the afternoon.
She prayed to Devi Maiyya to help him in taking the correct decision while making him realize where he went wrong.
*15 minutes later*
Arnav bent his head sideways to kiss the back of her left hand.
Arnav: Thanks a lot!
Khushi(kisses his cheek): You're welcome!
She saw the look of surprise in his eyes as he turned sideways to face her.
Khushi: I'm no longer miffed with you!
Arnav was more than relieved to hear that.
Khushi: But I.. stayed around you even while I was upset.. coz I knew that you needed me! Thats why I didnt leave the room. Otherwise I couldve
gone to Rachnaaji's suite alone. But I know that I should be here, with you right now.. Thats neccesary for both of us!
Arnav(kisses her right hand): Thanks for everythin, Khushi! I'm sorry to disappoint you!
Khushi felt the emotion choking his voice.
Arnav: And I'm sorry for.. not openin up to you! I'm.. really sorry.. for everythin'! I realize that.. you wouldnt have had to.. speak to her had I told
you.. everything earlier itself! I was embarassed when I learnt that.. you asked her about my past. And I was enraged because she told you about it.
I'm.. (gulps)I know that.. I should've controlled my temper. And.. I also know that I should've shared everything with you.. but.. (dejected sigh)I
couldnt do so!
Khushi wrapped her arms around his shoulders as she felt him tearing up.
Arnav: I was scared.. (swallows) coz its my.. weakness. (caresses her arm) I forgot that.. I now have someone.. who can take care of me when I'm
weak! That.. I can afford to.. show my weakness in front of someone!
Khushi: You're right. You couldnt have been weak back then..
Arnav: I couldnt afford to be weak! Di was heavily dependent on me.. She was suffering much more than me. Had I been weak back then.. I wouldnt
have been able to take care of her. And.. I wouldnt have found the.. strength to move forward either!
Khushi: But that wont happen now,Arnavji! Now you can express your weakness in my presence! It wont make me weak! (confidently) I'll give you the
strength to deal with your weakness! And I'll also give you to strength to move forward once you've dealt with it! (requesting tone)Please trust me..
Arnav: I trust you,sweetheart! (kisses her hand)I know that you wont disappoint me! You're very strong yourself! You lost amma,babuji at a much
younger age. Yet.. you dealt with it really well! (pats her hand)And I'm so proud of you for doin that!
Khushi: I'm equally proud of you! You may not have dealt with your past but you did defeat all the obstacles which your present threw your way in
order to scale the mountain of success! Not people reach the summit where you did in sucha short span of time! You're very strong as well! But some
things make weak. You need not worry! I'll be there to impart strength to you whenever you become weak! And you'll be there to support me when I'll
be weak! Thats the beauty of our relationship, Arnavji! When 1 falls,the other lifts him up and vice versa!
Arnav(nods): You're right! But.. you should be ready for some hard work,if you want to impart strength to me!
Khushi: I'm ready to roll out as many paapad as I can for the same!
Arnav(frowns): Paapad?
Khushi: Its a Hindi saying.. Which means that I'm ready to do all that I can!
Arnav(turning around): Gimme a hug!
Khushi pulls her towards himself before wrapping her arms securely around his back.
Arnav buries his face in her hair while seeking solace from her embrace.
He breaks the hug to take her mouth in a deep,passionate kiss.
Khushi sighs against his urging lips as she clutches his collar in her fists.
Once she breaks the kiss,Khushi whispers against his lips.
Khushi: So.. you're feeling.. better now.. arent you?
Arnav: Not.. yet..
He pulls her head closer for a demanding kiss.
Khushi poses the same question soon after they break apart.
Arnav shakes his head while rubbing his nose against hers.
As he is about to latch his mouth onto hers,she pats his lips.
Khushi: I'm.. breathless.. And.. so are.. you..
Arnav nods as he kisses her red nose.
Then he kisses her panting lips followed by her chin.
Khushi moans softly as he kisses his way down to the base of her neck.
Then he places his head on her chest so as to hear the rapid rhythm of her heart.
Once he feels the steady rhytm of her heartbeat,he kisses his way upto her lips.
Arnav: Now?
Khushi kisses him thoroughly after nodding in the affirmative.
When Arnav responds negatively to the same question yet again,she smacks his shoulder.
Khushi: When I offered.. a finger.. to help you.. you just.. grabbed my hand!
She is delighted to find the lopsided grin on his lips.
Arnav: On a.. serious note.. I'll need.. a lot of.. hugs & kisses once.. we're in Sheesh mahal!
Khushi(nods): I know...
Arnav: But whats most.. important is your.. presence.. by my side! I want you.. next to me.. be it in.. Sheesh mahal..or in.. Rachnaa's suite!..
Khushi: So you'll.. say sorry to her?
Arnav: I'll.. give it a try..
Khushi: Just because.. I told you.. to do so..?
Arnav: No, coz I realize that.. I shouldnt have.. misbehaved with her.. And you're right.. had someone misbehaved.. with you in.. a similar manner.. I
wouldve never tolerated that! Besides.. I've decided that I wanna.. make peace with.. my past now! I've fought for.. a long time.. Now I wanna.. deal
with it &.. move on with you!
Khushi(smiles): Thats the spirit! (kisses his forehead) I'm very happy with your decision!
Arnav(smiles): I know..
Khushi: Shall we leave?
Arnav: Lets freshen up first..
Khushi: Alright. But you wont postpone this after that! Understood?
Arnav(tweaks her nose): Understood my copycat!
Khushi: Then lets go..
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Sumitra opened the door soon after she heard the knock.
As she had expected,she found ArShi standing outside.
Sumitra(smiles): Come..
Rachnaa stood up from the couch as ArShi stepped inside.
Her gaze first fell on the expressions on Arnav's face and then on ArShi's entwined hands.
She smiled as she addressed Khushi.
Rachnaa: So,you're finally going to your sasural ha?
Khushi(smiles): Yes & all because of your efforts! Thats why I'm here to thank you!
She left Arnav's hand & walked upto Rachnaa.
Rachnaa: Not just because of my efforts,Khushiji. You and your husband are ready to take this step. And thats the main reason. Anyways,I'm so
happy for you!
Khushi(while hugging her): Thank you so much for everything!
Rachnaa(hugs her back): I hope you remember what I told you..
Khushi: Yes,l do! (breaks the hug)In fact,I was about to ask you if.. there's a temple nearby where I could get Gangaajal..
Rachnaa: Devi Maiyya's temple is located at a short distance away from that house. There are small shops outside it which sell all kinds of pooja
items, including Gangaajal.
Khushi(nods): Alright then I'll buy it from the temple shop. That way I'll get to have Devi Maiyya's darshan as well!
She turned to Arnav who took a step towards her.
When he spoke this time,Rachnaa noticed the change in both,his tone as well as his demeanour.
Arnav: I'm sorry Rachnaa!
Rachnaa felt numb for a few seconds.
Arnav: I know that.. I should've.. said this earlier but.. its better to be late than never! I regret doin what I did back then &.. for whatever I said this
afternoon! I honestly regret behavin like a jerk!
Though he spoke for nearly 5 minutes,Rachnaa hardly heard anything beyond the word 'sorry.'
Rachnaa(thinks): I had woven so many dreams around this day! I'd imagined that Arnav would realize his mistake someday & he would come down to
apologize! My eyes would shed tears the moment he'd say 'sorry'.. I'd give him a tight hug after forgiving him! And then life would be back to its old
ways! (sighs)But today.. when he actually said sorry.. I couldnt feel a thing! I was getting emotional while speaking to Khushiji but now.. it feels like
all my tears have dried up!
She came out of her reverie when she felt her mother's hand on her back.
Rachnaa(turns to her): Yes mummy?
Sumitra: Arnav is waiting for your answer,bitiya..
Rachnaa(nods): Ji.. (turns to Arnav) Its okay,Arnav. I'd forgiven you a long time back. It doesnt matter if you say sorry or not coz.. like I told you, our
story is over. But,still,I'm happy to see that you did realize that you were wrong, even though it took you a long time to do so! And that you have the
guts to admit that you committed a mistake! Even I've committed a mistake. I've interfered in your personal matter. So.. even I'm sorry!
Arnav: Thats okay! I know you didnt have a bad intention. And thanks! Though I dont believe in prayers..(turns to Khushi) I hugely respect those who
think about everyone, who care for everybody's feelings & who pray for others! 
Rachnaa smiled as she witnessed the eyelock between ArShi.
Rachnaa: I know..
ArShi turned towards her when she spoke.
Rachnaa: Now its all about you & Khushiji. Nobody can help you like she does. Similarly,nobody can make her familiar with her sasuraal like you can.
Now that you are taking her to Sheesh mahal.. trust me,nothing can be better than this! (smiles)I feel a sense of satisfaction when I see this smile
on Khushiji's face! Your decision to make peace with your past will prove to be correct & wise in future! Dekh lena.. (you'll see that for yourself..)
Arnav(nods): Ya.. I guess. BTW,Khushi just gave me Viren's number. What bout.. Ammu?
Rachnaa: You can take his number & e-mail id from Viren. And Ammu will provide you with the contact details of Rajesh..
Arnav(smiles): So you wont give up until I speak to all 3 of them?
Rachnaa no longer felt that heart-stopping, giddy joy upon seeing the lopsided grin on his face.
Rachnaa: I never said that! I'm just giving a suggestion.. Ultimately its upto you!
Arnav: Yeah, of course..
Khushi was quietly yet keenly observing this exchange.
Khushi(thinks): Who can say that they know each other since they were kids? Or that.. they were in.. love with each other some years ago? I knew
that relationships underwent a change with the passage of time. But.. I never thought that.. they could change so much. These relationships are as
wierd as time itself!
Her heart constricted at a rather disturbing thought.
Khushi: Will.. my relationship with.. Arnavji undergo many changes.. with time? What will.. our relationship be like.. 15 years from now? Better &
stronger than how it is right now or..? (closes her eyes)No Devi Maiyya! Please dont do that to us!
Arnav mustve sensed her discomfort because she felt his hand on her arm.
Khushi(turns to him): Ji?
Arnav: Tum theek ho?
Khushi nods.
Arnav(turns to Rachnaa): We should take your leave now..
Rachnaa(thinks): I should call him soon. Neev must be sleepy & cranky. And he must be tired by now..
Arnav: Goodbye!
Rachnaa: huh?
Arnav: I said.. goodbye!
There was a change in Rachnaa's expressions which did not go unnoticed by Khushi.
Rachnaa: Alvidaa!
Arnav: And.. (turns to Sumitra) I'm sorry aunty! I..
Sumitra(interrupts): Forget about those things,beta! I will not hold anything against you!
When Khushi knudges him, Arnav bends down & together they touch her feet.
Sumitra(smiles): Stay happy forever! Wish you both all the very best in life!
Arnav(acknowledging nod): Thank you so much!
Khushi(smiles): Thank you, auntyji! Pleased to have met you today!
Sumitra(nods): Same here! Come,I'll walk you to the lift..
As she opened the door,she was surprised to find her grandson and son-in-law outside.
Sumitra:You both are back!? So soon!? I thought Neev wanted to hang out till the evening..
Neev(rubs his eyes): I want to sleep,nani!
Sumitra: I know you're exhausted,bachchhe.. Go to sleep. We'll go to the mall together in the evening!
Neev yawns while nodding.
His jaw dropped when he saw Khushi.
Neev(shocked): Aunty,you.. here?
Khushi(cups his cheek): Yes beta. I.. had some work for which I wanted to talk to your mumma. But I'm leaving now.
She bends down to kiss his forehead.
Khushi: You're a very good boy,beta! And I want you to be like that always!
Neev: But I wont remain a boy always!
Khushi: I mean (ruffles his hair) I want you to be as good as you are now forever!
Neev: Alright! Bye!
Khushi(smiles): Bye!
She folded her hands when she saw Apekshit standing near the door.
Khushi: We're leaving.. Namaste!
Apekshit(folds his hands): Ji, namaste!
As Arnav approached him, he extended his hand.
Apekshit: Apekshit Tyaagi..
Arnav(shakes his hand firmly): Arnav Singh Raizada.
No words were exchanged as Arnav walked out of the door & Apekshit walked inside the suite.
Arnav did speak briefly to Sumitra.
While he was busy conversing with her, Khushi's eyes were trained on Rachnaa & Apekshit.
Rachnaa conveyed through her eyes what she could not say in the presence of their son.
The son,however,could not remain silent for long.
Neev(tugs her dupatta): Mumma..
Rachnaa(turns to him): Yes beta?
Neev(extends his arms): Godi..
She took him in her arms & placed his head on her shoulder.
Rachnaa: Let me change your clothes,beta. Or else you'll fall asleep in these dirty clothes!
Apekshit: I'll go & freshen up. Till then.. you can put Neev to sleep.
He briefly held her gaze.
Rachnaa(nods): Yes,I will.. 
As she turned to the other side, Neev saw Khushi standing outside the door.
Khushi waved towards him before joining Arnav & Sumitra.
Neev: Mumma..
Rachnaa(removing his shoes): What happened,beta?
Neev: Why was Khushi aunty here?
Rachnaa: umm beta.. Khushi aunty is a very nice lady! Didnt she help you in the morning? So.. mumma had called her to say thank you. And to
introduce her to nani.
Neev: What about the uncle who was standing next to her?..
Rachnaa's gaze went to the sofa where Arnav was seated earlier that day.
Neev: Who was he, mumma?
Rachnaa: Beta,that uncle is Khushi aunty's husband.
The large brass bell clanged loudly when Khushi rang it.
Khushi: Jai Devi Maiyya ki!
She folded her hands & bowed her head in gratitude.
Khushi(thinks): Hey Devi Maiyya! I'd never imagined that.. Arnavji would himself take me to Sheesh mahal someday! Or dat I would meet Rachnaaji
&.. she would turn out to be sucha wonderful person! But all this did happen,only because of Your blessings! And now.. I'm leaving for my sasuraal!
That doesnt mean that I dont consider Shantivan as my sasuraal! Of course I do! But somewhere deep in my heart was this.. desire to visit & know
more about the house which my in-laws & husband used to inhabit in the past. Today Arnavji will not just fulfill my desire but he'll also come face to
face with his past. Please grant him strength & success in this endeavour! And do grant me the strength to take care of him & to take him on the
right path! You know very well,Devi Maiyya, that I dont like it 1 bit when he's sad! And I cant tolerate to see him in tears! But I'll have to keep myself
strong today,for his sake! Please help me to do so! Its my birthday tomorrow. I'll be going to Gomti sadan after a long gap of 2 years tomorrow!
Today was an emotionally taxing day for me. Everything ended nicely but.. still..  I pray for each moment of my birthday to be memorable! As such its
my 2nd birthday with Arnavji but You know that.. we werent able to celebrate it properly last year. He hadnt even wished me properly! This year I
want to happily celebrate my birthday with me! I'm sure that he will arrange for a surprise or two,apart from wishing me! I just want You to ensure
that.. he's in a good mood! I dont know how he'll feel after.. returning from Sheesh mahal.. (sighs)My mind is full of disturbing thoughts,Devi Maiyya!
Atleast keep them out of my mind on my birthday! (opens her eyes)Its time for me to leave. Arnavji is waiting outside &.. I'm yet to purchase the
Gangajal.
She repeatedly touches her folded hands to her forehead & chest while chanting Devi Maiyya's name.
Then she rings the bell once again before leaving.
Devi Maiyya smiled at her dear devotee as she raced down the stairs of the temple.
Then She raised her hand in blessing & said: Tathaastu! (meaning your wishes will be granted/whatever you have wished for will happen.)
Precap:
Arnav: I saw that you were smiling while looking at.. Rachnaa & her son. Khushi.. I know that.. you long for a baby! I've kept this wish of yours
pending so far. I'm so sorry to keep you waiting! But,I promise,I wont make you wait for longer than a year! And,during the course of this, 1 year.. I
will prepare myself to embrace fatherhood!
Khushi smiled before placing a soft kiss on his lips.
Khushi: I'm beyond happy to hear that! I.. cant put my feelings into words! But yes,I'd like to tell you that.. I wasnt thinking about how lucky
Rachnaaji is coz she has a complete family made up of her husband & son. Nor was I wishing that.. even I had a son like Neev! I was smiling while
looking at Rachnaaji & Apekshitji! The love that they have for each other was visible in their eyes. And that gave me a sense of peace!
Arnav: Really?
Khushi: Ya,of course! I feel so happy whenever someone finds mutual love! I dont want anyone to stay alone in this world! Nor do I want anyone to
suffer from the pain of unrequitted love! Love is sucha special feeling! Every,single person should get a chance to experience it & to be loved back by
the one whom that person love!
She was startled when Arnav pulled her closer by her waist.
Khushi: Areh!? Why did you..
Arnav(interrupts): I was only givin you a chance!(leans closer) To express your love towards your husband (pecks her lips)& to be loved back by your
husband!
Khushi(laughs): You never let such chances slip out of your hands,do you?!

Kindly ignore typos & mistakes. Next update on Sunday,4th October. Since I could provide only 1 update for the month of September, I have decided
to write 3 chapters in the month of October. So you will get the next three updates hopefully on 4th, 11th & 25th October,2015.

Edited by ..Smita.. - 8 years ago