Coz you are my home: KaYa OS

Posted: 8 years ago
PS1: Not proof read. Read at your own risk ðŸ˜›
PS2: Feedback, good bad or worse, will be anticipated 😊

Coz you are my home...

Ananya grimaced as the nurse pressed the long needle into his vein, forcing a thick stream of blood from his arm gush through the thin transparent tube into the arm of the child lying next to him. But Kabir seemed totally insensible to his own pain today. He just stared blankly to his right, face creased with worry.  She noticed him clench his jaw seeing the nurse push another syringe into the child's tender arm. He looked shaken, and scared. Never before had Ananya seen him so vulnerable and distraught. Something that made sure she had to be there for him today, more than ever.

Silently, she made her way to his bedside and took his hand into hers, noting the contrast. While hers were small and relatively smooth, his were large and calloused. Even though they were obviously different, they fit well together, much like their relationship. Ananya thought for a moment how much her life had changed at the hands of this man lying before her. He had rescued her from the shrewd opportunistic ways of the world and revealed her true strengths to her. She sighed as the stray thought hit her. He was her companion and the only man she had trusted so much after her father. There is so much she still has to learn from him, that she has to find and see, and she wanted him there to witness all of that with her. But most of all she wanted to be there for him, as his friend and companion, in this moment of urgency. She lifted their locked palms to the level of her chest and blinked at him assuringly. Something that finally made a week smile tuck at the corner of his lips, what almost felt like after ages.

The last few hours had not been easy for Ananya. After juggling with some extremely unprofessional hospital staff and highly ill-natured security personnel at the Delhi Government Hospital, she had finally managed to get a byte from the family of an ailing cabinet minister, who had been admitted to the hospital last night after being shot in front of his residence near the Lodhi gardens. The incident had shaken the entire country and journalists from round the nation had flocked to Delhi to cover the sensational story. And It was when Ananya was leaving the hospital with Sunny, she had noticed a kid lying unattended on a stretcher outside the general ward. From the looks of it, he did not seem any older than in grade seven and his head bled profusely. There was no one accompanying the child and the doctors and nurses walked past him unaffected. Ananya had tried to wake him up and ask him about his parents but much to her disappointment could not get any response. And the moment she had checked his phone to find the number of some of his family, the first thing that caught her attention was the screensaver on his phone. Ananya had tried hard to recall where she had seen the man standing next to the kid in the photograph and it wasn't much time that she could re-collect the man being none other than Kabir's brother. For a few seconds she could not fathom what to do. Once getting the kid admitted and making sure the doctors attended urgently to him, she had called Kabir breathing frantically and urged him to come over as soon as possible. And what happened next, was something she had never expected.

"Doctor you have to save him...he is my baby, my dada's only child...you have to save him dammit...you have to save him!!" Kabir threatened the doctor in a near choked up voice, the doctor's collar clutched tightly in his fists.

Due to unavailability of doctors owing to an ongoing strike in the hospital and most of the doctors being busy with the minister's case, further treatment had been denied to Kabir's nephew. And his fury had known no limits once he saw the doctors trying to ignore Nikhil's case, his li'l kid, when he needed immediate medical assistance. Scared by Kabir's outburst, and of course the power of his media connections, the doctor had no option but to finally oblige and agree to treat Nikhil but only to find that he had a rare blood group and they needed someone to give him at least two units of blood if he were to be saved.

"It's done sir." The nurse took the needle out from Kabir's vein and sealed the punctured wound with a band-aid. "Please make sure he doesn't move from here for at least the next 30 minutes, he has donated two units of blood despite the doctor suggesting against it. He needs rest" the nurse told.

Ananya nodded to the nurse's words and made way for her to adjust a fresh IV on his arm for administering glucose. Nikhil too was moved back to his ward now leaving the two of them all by themselves in the secluded room. As the nurse left, he pushed himself up a bit by supporting his body on his elbows.

"Ananya where's my phone" he asked trying to sit upright in a jiffy but suddenly fell back with a jerk feeling light-headed.

"Careful..." she held him on his arm. There was a profound concern crackling through her voice as she moved closer to his side and helped him sit. He nodded slightly still lost in his thought.

"I have already called your brother but since no one answered so I left a voice message" she informed and handed him a glass of juice. He took the glass from her and paused for a brief moment, and she could almost see lines of worry form between his brows. Seeing him so lost, she moved closer to him and touched his cheek making him look into her eyes.

"Nikhil ko kuch nahin hoga Kabir...trust me. He'll be fine" she whispered, her hands clasped into his and voice infused with tenderness.  He slightly pulled her towards himself. It was strange despite her petite frame he felt so dwarf in front of her sheltering warmth. Living all by himself for all these years, now he could not even begin to imagine how empty and soul-shattering his life would be without her by his side. He sighed painfully at the thought.

The two were still lost in their moment of reverie when a sudden knock at the door pulled them out of their trance.

"Excuse me sir some of your relative is here and she is creating a chaos all over the place. You please need to talk to her right away" the nurse walked in complaining. Ananya looked confused but the apprehensive look etched across Kabir's features didn't go unnoticed by her.

But much before she could approach him with any of her questions, she heard the pounding of some heavy footsteps approaching the door of their room. Barging in came a woman in her near forties, clad in a deep blue silk saree and silver closed heels. For a moment Ananya felt slightly intimidated by her presence as she threw daggers in Kabir's way, arms folded haughtily across her chest.

"You know what Mr. Kabir Sharma every time I think you will not stoop any lower than what you already are, you just prove me wrong the very next time." The woman gritted her teeth in anger, her tone no less than sugar coated venom. Ananya's hand instinctively clenched into a fist but Kabir signaled her to contain her anger.

"Ananya meet Mrs. Neha Sharma...my Bhabhi and..." he paused gingerly, trying to fight the knot in his throat...".. and Shreya's sister" his voice was small and vulnerable.

An uncomfortable silence filled the room for a few passing moments. Ananya's brows softened slightly as realization dawned upon but much before she could make any attempt of a discourse with her newly found future relative, Neha snapped back.

"Oh please cut the sentimental crap" she retorted at Kabir, leaving Ananya shocked more than angry. The woman was nowhere close to what Ananya had ever imagined going by the fact that Kabir's brother came across as a thorough gentleman.

"Listen Kabir, I know you have been trying to contact Nikhil since days now and when you couldn't get through, you used this way, by calling him out without our permission. He had been missing from home since morning. No one knew where he was. Do you even realize how tensed we were? And then I come to know my kid is in a hospital...how disgusting can you get? You proved today how right I was in not letting you meet Nikhil. First you spoiled my sister's life and now Nikhil,,,,,you simply don't deserve any family in your life"

Neha's words cut through Kabir's heart and he looked away trying to fight back a few unsought tears.

Ananya flinched seeing him berated like this, but Neha's words didn't anger her as much as his silence did. It was unacceptable for her to see someone as strong and dignified as him take so much of uncalled hatred on himself. Especially after what all he had done for his nephew.

"Listen Kabir, this is my last warning to you. Stay as away from Nikhil as you can else I will have no choice but to seek legal action" she rebuked and without letting Kabir speak a single word in his defense, began walking out of the room before a shrill voice from behind made her stop midway.

"I am sorry Mrs. Sharma but you don't have any right to say that he doesn't deserve a family..." Ananya's confident and controlled voice cut through the room forcing Neha to turn back, her features infused with bewilderment.  Without looking away, Ananya strode in Neha's direction, leaving Kabir shocked and confused. He had never seen her so unabashed and poised before.

"Are you talking to me..." Neha asked, the hollowness of her voice already reflecting defeat and irritation.

"I think it's still a while before I become Mrs Sharma, so as of now, yes I am talking to you..."

"Ananya please let it be" Kabir requested.

"Oh so now this new girlfriend of yours will tell me my rights? I must say Kabir your taste is getting worse with time, first that worthless Tarini and now her...you are seriously losing it" Neha flashed a mirthless smile.

This time it wasnt possible for him to contain his anger.

"Enough! Not a word against Ananya" Kabir frowned with rage and noticed her swallow. "Say whatever you have to say to me but it would be much better if you keep Ananya out of all this" his voice was no less than a snarl this time that left Neha dumbstruck for a second. A glazed, murky expression etched across her face as she noticed the glint of insurgence in his eyes. It had been ages Neha had seen this version of Kabir, mainly due to the guilt and resentment that she had been encumbering his shoulders with, almost since years now, for betraying her sister and more than that, for failing all relationships of his life. But he hardly ever tried to retaliate. And somehow she had assumed he never would, and thus to have him get back at her with such defiance forced her to recall her last conversation with Shreya, where she had mentioned about his undefying commitment and indulgence into this girl in office.

Neha almost felt exasperated at the steely remorseless look he flashed at her.

"Don't forget Kabir you already have too many failed relationships in your kitty, or in case you want to beat your own score with her" Neha sneered, trying to rile him up with her animosity that ended up bringing a smile on Ananya's lips.

"Don't be mistaken Mrs. Sharma" Ananya looked her in the eye this time and lunged a step closer in her direction.

"Believe me on this, but he can never do it! Actually he doesn't have it in him" there was an invincible resonance in her voice as she turned around to look at Kabir . "Sadly he doesn't have this ability in him. The ability to break the trust of anyone he has ever loved with even the slightest of emotion, for it will break him much before that" she gasped, , shoulders held up with pride, and her moisture filmed eyes locked into his.

Kabir kept on staring at her, completely mesmerized and engulfed by such an exhilarating, profound emotion, he could hardly breathe!

"And in case you still have doubts" Ananya turned and looked back at Neha. "You can go and check with the doctor, you will get to know the name of the person who fought with them to get Nikhil admitted here and also donated two bottles of blood to Nikhil. Probably then your opinion of him might change..."

The wrinkles on Neha's face softened ruefully as the gravity of Ananya's words hit her. She was frozen for a second and the little color that graced her face till now drained dead away. She was rendered speechless and downright embarrassed and while she still struggled to pull herself out of the shock of the little moment of truth she just experienced, the nurse patted her on the shoulder from the back.

"Ma'm Mr. Sharma has donated two units of blood to your son and since you were not available for consent we had to proceed without it. Now can you please sign this form?"

As the nurse's words sank in, Neha felt a sharp pain soar through her body. Her ego had been bruised and battered, but much more than that she felt ashamed of herself for the blatant insult she had shoved down the throat of the man who saved her son's life. Feeling queasy being in the same room as Ananya and Kabir, a sense of acute claustrophobia hit her suddenly and she ran out of the room in an impulse.

Hours later at his apartment, Kabir sat on the step of the front porch, staring intently at the peaceful night sky. The moon was so bright overhead that it casted shadow on the ground beneath. He felt alive at the cool touch of the wind, the rustling of the leaves and at the soothing sound of the old melody playing on Ananya's phone. His nostrils flared as he felt her descend the steps of the porch from the back. She handed him his cup of freshly prepared hot chocolate and sat down on the step with her cup of coffee in her hand. A tender smile crept to the corner of his lips as her familiar scent settled in his nose and he coiled his arm around her waist, almost instinctively as if it was the most natural thing to do.

"Suddenly you look so happy Mr. Sharma, tell me what's playing on your mind" she whispered softly to him, nestling closer to his side, her hand safely settled on his thigh. He repressed a grin at her naughtiness and tightened his grip around her waist, drawing her closer.

"Beware Ms. Kashyap, if I ever let my inner thoughts spill, you shall be left flustered" he smirked, eyes twinkling at her.

Ananya blushed and laid her cheek against his chest, her fingers now playing with the buttons of his shirt.

"You should not be under estimating your budbudati reporter Mr. Sharma, I am sure you are aware of my track record of bold stories" she teased, while the tips of her soft fingers slipped between the buttons of his shirt, slightly grazing the skin of his torso, making him feel warm. He lifted his head, giving her one of his naughtiest smiles and both of them broke into a soft knowing giggle.

"You seriously sweep me off my feet Ms. Kashyap" he blushed and smiled, making her laugh more playfully. She grinned and snuggled closer to him, continuing with her soft ministrations.

"But I am serious; tell me did anything happen when I was in kitchen?" Ananya was impatient now.

Kabir smiled sweetly at the innocence of this most beautiful girl of his life.

Slightly drifting apart from her, he took out his phone from the pocket of his pants and showed it to her. It was a message from Neha...

"Kabir Nikhil has been discharged from the hospital and he is back home but he has been asking about you since then. So will it be possible for you to drop by at home and spend some time with him. And I will be happy if you can bring Ananya along, only if she feels like. Take Care,

Neha"

An ecstatic smile spread across Ananya's lips as she finished reading the message. She was so happy he was finally getting back to his family. Noting the film of tears in his eyes, she slowly brought her hand closer to his face and wiped a lone tear that threatened to fall from the corner of his eye.

"I don't know what would have I done without you Ananya" he sighed and held her hand that stroked the side of his face.

She smiled tenderly and moved closer to him.

"You don't need to worry about it as there won't be any day like that" she whispered, and leaned in to pull him into a gentle kiss, caressing the soft skin of his lips.

He sighed as she finally pulled apart, the lingering taste of her caramel lips still afresh on the fringes of his senses.

She looked ethereal glowing under the frostiness of the brilliant moonlight. He gently brushed her hair out of her face and cupped her jaw...

"Thankyou Ananya...thanks for being my home" he let out a deep resonating breath before the two lost each other in a bone crushing hug.

Edited by Malika - 8 years ago
This is a really really nice one.
There were all kinds of emotions in this os.
Which includes ananya as a sherni n kabir as a mouse.
Its lovely.
The sms was awesome. It brought a smile to my face too.
Do write many more OS's like this
Tagging to read in the evening 
Oh wow
That's amazing and lovely.
Full of emotions. .
Thanks for sharing such a beautiful OS.

Lovely OS...truly beautiful. ..it was heart touching and emotional at the same time. ...kabir's family is really a question mark till now and I hope to know more about them in the show...even I think on the same lines that what if shreya is related to kabir's sister-in-law??? And u wrote an amazing piece on this...
I loved the way ananya stood up for kabir and how kabir could not hear a word against ananya when he didn't even react to the insults his Bhabhi was throwing at him...truly made for each other. ...
Very very well written...keep writing dear
It was awesome Malika!!!!! KaYa as usual were amazing..
Keep up the gold work 
This was amazing! Do you intend to write more parts? Kabir seems really close to Nikhil. Would love to read a part capturing their bonding.
Oh gosh ! It was beautiful! Loved it
Amazingly written
Loved the concept
wow wow...this ws so so good n just lik serial wala KaYa...!! truly beautiful OS maalu...
Malika...simply beautiful and the last scene...think we might get something like that in the end
Perfect