What's your favorite movie? Let's remake it! - Page 4

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by .krackjack.

@Sharif.Badmash : Buddy. No. Siddharth Malhotra as Karan Singhania is a big NO. πŸ˜†
Alright πŸ˜†
Maybe we cant find a suitable RDB cast from the newer lot at all.
Originally posted by -Arsal-

Sidharth?? Nope. He would totally ruin it.

Karan was the the most complex character of the lot. The emotional restrain and the subletly that Sidharth brought was truly exceptional.

For example take the scene where Ajay propose to Sonia; the way Karan looks at her; tells one that he has feelings for her. Its just right to put the thought out there; to give the character another dimession and add to the story withouth spiling. Also subtle enough so that it doest overshadow the enitre scene and make a mess of it. Incredibly hard to do as an actor.

Don't see anyone else bringing that to the table espesially the likes of Sidharth who are below par as it is; even in ordinary roles.

As you said, it is very hard to find anyone who could re-enact those roles; most of all, DJ and Karan.

I again went and watch Tu Bin Bataaye for the nth time after reading this comment. I won't be exaggarating if I say RDB is my most favourite hindi movie of late 2000s. πŸ˜† 
^^ OMG i love RDB too..Absolutely gorgeous film..I remember embarrassing my friends cos i was crying for 10 minutes non-stop after the climax πŸ˜†  Every single character is a gem..And this song β€οΈ
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5qhBM3KJY8[/YOUTUBE]

ARR at his absolute best <3 
Edited by rogerrocks - 8 years ago
If we ever have a RDB appreciation thread, I would be spamming it. πŸ˜† What an immensely lovable film it is. Lukka chuppi always leaves me teary eyed. Always. Especially that part, where Aamir looks at the '21 topon ki salami' and remembers their fun filled night with Ajay/Maddy. It breaks my heart. 
Also, at a personal level the movie is very special to me for a few reasons. After watching this movie, I added a couple of things to my bucket list, which got fulfilled a few years later and naah killing a corrupt politician is not included in it πŸ˜† 

The music of this movie is absolutely legendary. EPIC, is the word. Period. 
Originally posted by -PhoenixD-

Malayalam movie banglore days remake with Ranveer Varun Aliya n Aditya!
love bangalore days 
 i want varun sid alia n ranveer πŸ˜³
Edited by melodrama - 8 years ago
Originally posted by gameon

Good one. But do you think bollywood would be able to handle those remakes? If they can copy nearly scene-to-scene from Oldboy yet come up with something os pathetic like Zinda, then I doubt they can be successful. Even abbas-mastan failed heavily doing Italian Job. Bang Bang was always doomed. 

I am sure there will be handful of films whose remake worked, but I can't remember any other than Ajay-Kajol one. 

i know it's difficult πŸ˜†... but it might depend upon the director.. a guy like Anurag Basu (gangster), sriram raghavan or Vishal Bhardwaj might do justice to these remakes if they put a good effort...

Has anyone here seen Thanmatra? It's a Mohanlal movie & I being a north indian, had to watch it with subtitles. Despite of that, I was mindblown watching it. Think it touched me upon extreme levels & THAT is how you make a film. I wanna learn Malyalam only to watch that film without subtitles ❀️

I would like to see it being remade with SRK in the lead. There are many of my favorite films which I want to be remade but I can't think of any right now. Will add as I remember πŸ˜†
Originally posted by .krackjack.

If we ever have a RDB appreciation thread, I would be spamming it. πŸ˜† What an immensely lovable film it is. Lukka chuppi always leaves me teary eyed. Always. Especially that part, where Aamir looks at the '21 topon ki salami' and remembers their fun filled night with Ajay/Maddy. It breaks my heart.
Also, at a personal level the movie is very special to me for a few reasons. After watching this movie, I added a couple of things to my bucket list, which got fulfilled a few years later and naah killing a corrupt politician is not included in it πŸ˜†The music of this movie is absolutely legendary. EPIC, is the word. Period.
It completes ten years next January .. will make one then , just be around πŸ˜†
nope my favourite movies are all time classics which i will never want to be ruined by the new lots ..that essence of those movies cant be re-created 
I would like to see Kal Ho Na Ho with Varun, Ranveer and Alia in it.
Also K2 H2 with Ranbir, Deepika and Anushka( ih srk, kajol and rani roles)