Really frightening act - Page 6

Posted: 8 years ago
When Jagya wanted to see Anandi in Gauri ๐Ÿค“off topic but someone's comment here made   In Balika Vadhu serial
It was Anandi who was crying buckets for  Jagya for a long time and people are busy  misleading serial she let go of Jagya Wasn't it she shouting in front of Gauri i will never forget him because he is my life and she was dreaming for him a long long time even post her marriage with Shiv she was doing mujh sai nahi ho ga drama because she could not be over from sweet memories of her ex husband so why misleading serial here ?It wont defend Anandi because everyone have seen the serial 
Some thoughts on the Devi act. Have seen such cases in real life, having spent my entire childhood and school days in a village. There was one such lady in the neighbourhood, and I still remember the crowd the scene used to pull and how we kids were not allowed to go anywhere near the scene ๐Ÿ˜†

I have always felt these things are nothing but a face put up by the women in question to raise their status in society, and in their own eyes. The insecurity and inferiority, supressed desires which can't be fulfilled in any other ways, the need to vent out, lead to such alternative ways.

Mangala is nothing but representative of section of women in society who are victims of the system. Her intentions may be harmless and noble, but there's nothing great about her beyond that.
Originally posted by The_Alchemist.

@bold - If I remember it well, Anandi knows that her daughter is alive. Probably a balika vadhu too. This happened when she saw Akhiraj and his family with baby nimboli at a temple . That's what I read here in forum. 

@bold Forum was right. Each and every word has been correctly written.

Except that the only thing Anandi knows is that her 4-5 month old daughter was alive that day 11 years ago (+/- some months, not sure of exact date), when she was informed by her abducter about her marriage to his son.

Since 11  years (+/- some months, not sure of exact date), she has had no news of her or set eyes on her.

I do know that when I am not able to contact an adult loved one for a few hours late evening using all possible means of communication at my disposal in this day and age, I begin to think of the worst.

For all Anandi knows Nandini may now be dead, given into child trafficking, begging on the streets, or living a life of luxury. Being her mother, she would hope for the best, but given the world we live in, she will be prepared for the worst. 

If she knew Nandini was dead, at least she would have closure. Now she lives in limbo.

Her only crime is that she still manages to smile, when she should actually be weeping all the time.

Originally posted by russhmeSS

Some thoughts on the Devi act. Have seen such cases in real life, having spent my entire childhood and school days in a village. There was one such lady in the neighbourhood, and I still remember the crowd the scene used to pull and how we kids were not allowed to go anywhere near the scene ๐Ÿ˜†

I have always felt these things are nothing but a face put up by the women in question to raise their status in society, and in their own eyes. The insecurity and inferiority, supressed desires which can't be fulfilled in any other ways, the need to vent out, lead to such alternative ways.

Mangala is nothing but representative of section of women in society who are victims of the system. Her intentions may be harmless and noble, but there's nothing great about her beyond that.
Even i have come across these kind of incidents in my childhood days.Most of the times these women were some what oppressed and the society they belong to is illiterate and ignorant so they believe what those women used to say.
These devi act is just a manifestation of weakness or lack of inner strength to take on the people/system which is oppressing them.

The people there used to take what ever these women said in that trance like thing quite seriously too.
Though where we were living is city but this part was a village which was merged into the city so our neighbours were mostly these people who were illiterate ignorant and even child marriages happened in that area.Thirteen/fourteen year old girl sometimes girls even younger than that would be married off to guys who were in early twenties.

Originally posted by russhmeSS

It is good that creatives have shown that she is just acting. Don't know if the women in real life just acting or may be they were suffering from hysteria which people misjudge like devi aayi hai. Mangala does use this devi act to save herself and a few other people living in the home. She is not great - it is used as taunt "Mangala the great". She is very much like Anandi - helping  and caring for everybody. 
Originally posted by RTee

Her only crime is that she still manages to smile, when she should actually be weeping all the time.

Atleast for me smiling was never the crime she did. Actually that was the best part about her. Weeping without making efforts is annoying. example Kamili during her eloping track. 

To me the mistakes she did were closing her eyes when she had her daughter right in front of her. A 11 yr old girl exaclty the age of her missing daughter who's such a blabber mouth had been meeting her in strange situations. All that Anandi had to do was ask a couple of questions and the girl would blurt out her entire history. This was the mistake Anandi did which makes us feel what we are feeling now. 

Actually I had given a benefit of doubt to Anandi during those meetups with her daughter too until I came across those terrible expectations people have on other side characters while ignoring these minimal things the lead/ the mother of a missing girl should be able to do. 

Anyway , at the end the directors do what they want to do turning the characters upside down in the way they like. I'am glad that , in the last episode Anandi had this sudden urge to speed up the process of finding her daughter. 
When she met Nandini in that Mela and saw her playing with her son it did strike her that her daughter could be just as old as this girl.Towards the end she moved away from that girl because she reminded of her own lost daughter 
But the girl had come with her aunt and she seemed to have a full family of her own complete with mother father and an aunt. From what the aunt had said they don't think education as the most important thing in their lives. Kamili and Gopal were introduced just as family for all purposes they could be some of their distant relatives too.

We really don't know so many things that went on in the last 11 years and post leap they have shown so little of Anandi and her life and what actually drives her to make an assumption that she has not done enough.

When it is quite right to blame Anandi for her daughter ending up with Akheraj because they have shown it that way and everybody including Anandi herself held her responsible for that. It was shown in the show that way.

They have not shown much of Anandi post leap to conclude that she has not done enough to find her daughter.

Anandi has equal responsibilities towards her twins.One of the twins who is with her needs his mother just as much as his long lost twin and Anandi's lost daughter needs her.

Even before he came into this world he lost his father.Before he knew the meaning of the word family and home he lost all of them and he lost his twin sister. His mother is the only person he has got in this world. 
Anandi has responsibility towards this son of hers see to it that he grows up to be a happy content and a secure child. Singhs may have taken them in and gave them lot of love and affection but that was out of kindness and not out of any sense of responsibility for either Anandi or her son.
Her son shouldn't be burdened by her mother's sorrows and guilt and he doesn't deserve a mother who is pre occupied with finding her daughter. 
Yes she lost her baby due to her own mistake and she was unsuccesful in finding her baby but that doesn't make her un caring mother 
The fact that despite all the upheavals in her life she managed to give her very best to her son who has grown up to be such a cheerful confident happy kid and he is secure in his mother's love that he is looking forward to share all that he has with his sister whom he has never seen.
But this aspect of Anandi is never appreciated.

Originally posted by The_Alchemist.

Atleast for me smiling was never the crime she did. Actually that was the best part about her. Weeping without making efforts is annoying. example Kamili during her eloping track. 

To me the mistakes she did were closing her eyes when she had her daughter right in front of her. A 11 yr old girl exaclty the age of her missing daughter who's such a blabber mouth had been meeting her in strange situations. All that Anandi had to do was ask a couple of questions and the girl would blurt out her entire history. This was the mistake Anandi did which makes us feel what we are feeling now. 

Actually I had given a benefit of doubt to Anandi during those meetups with her daughter too until I came across those terrible expectations people have on other side characters while ignoring these minimal things the lead/ the mother of a missing girl should be able to do. 

Anyway , at the end the directors do what they want to do turning the characters upside down in the way they like. I'am glad that , in the last episode Anandi had this sudden urge to speed up the process of finding her daughter. 

Me too... I had forgiven a mother whose daughter was snatched away from her. I felt it was not her fault until I read some posts on this forum accusing the woman who saved her daughter's life.

While mother's fault was taken for granted saying "she is feeling guilty", the one who gave her kidnapped daughter a new life was held responsible for the ordinary life her daughter was living, criticized for not giving her daughter a good life and education and not doing 'more' for her. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

This opened my eyes towards the reality that anandi was indeed wrong and irresponsible as a mother... What the savior was expected to do for her daughter was actually a mother's duty where anandi failed.

Anandi's daughter has also grown up to be such a cheerful, bold, confident and a happy kid. Why mangala is not given credit for this? Why is she not being appreciated ?
When has Mangala not been appreciated?๐Ÿ˜• I have read loads of posts on this forum appreciating Mangala. It is not necessary for everybody to appreciate her with the same intensity. She like everyone (especially including the "so called lead" Anandi), also has some shortcomings. Why can those not be discussed openly. Every character has certain positive and not so positive traits.

Fact is that an increased closeness between Mangala and Nimboli has been shown only ever since Kundan's second wedding.

Prior to that incident though Mangala was around, and they had friendly interactions, like she had with Kamli, but Mangala was never able to shield Nimboli from Harki and Akhiraj's wrath like she did yesterday.

I remember when Chagni went to her village, Nimboli used to sleep alone in the room she shared with Chagni. That was the time Mangala perceived Kundan's less than noble intentions towards Nimboli. She said she would sleep in Chagni's room with Nimboli. And she gave Nimboli that knife. But she did not warn Harki and Akhi because she had no right over Nimboli.

Now all of a sudden Nimboli is sleeping in Mangala's bed. 

Harki too has mellowed down towards this change in relationship between Mangala and Harki because she has a new DIL. Else she used to warn Mangala to keep out of her affairs wrt Nimboli.

While Mangala saved Nandini's life, she is also responsible for her child marriage.

She is behaving within the confines of her own understanding of life.

Earlier she perhaps never had any need to look for a support system outside the house. Now she perceives she has one. She is just scared to use it. Pretty normal. Fear of the unknown.

As far as appreciation goes, in fact in the last four months post leap, Anandi has been at the receiving end from everybody for everything she has done. She just has to appear on the screen (which is rare enough) that criticisms start for her losing her daughter, laughing, smiling, not crying enough, being insensitive, not looking for her daughter 24x7, dressing well, combing her hair, wearing lipstick ๐Ÿ˜‰ to name 1% of the complaints against her. 

At the end of the day these are characters created by writers out of their imagination. Actors enact only those aspects for our benefit that the channel, writers and producers want to show. For the rest we have become past-masters at interpreting and filling up the gaps using our own imagination.๐Ÿ˜Š