Writers Corner

India-Forums

Short OS: Dream or Reality

Tiana.Disney Senior Member
Tiana.Disney
Tiana.Disney

Posted: 30 July 2015 at 10:31am | IP Logged
Dream or Reality?

I smiled looking at my reflection in the mirror. I had a new uniform on. I felt fresh and clean. Turning around; I looked at my new school bag. It was a new day to school and I would meet new friends. I had a very happy feeling that our teachers would be good. As I gave my hair one last brush (you see, I had been brushing it a hundred times), I winked at myself in the mirror. Then my mother brought my shoes polished so well that it shone. I jumped for joy at the sight of that. Just as I was wearing my shoes I felt a sharp pain on my hand. I looked up to see not my mother but my employer frowning at me. I had dozed off at work again. "Wake up, you dog there is work to do. You are not paid to dream away" he shouted. I slowly got up and looked at my clothes hoping it would be new by some miracle. Alas! It was just the same with large holes. I sighed as I looked at myself in the mirror despising what I saw there and held my tears as I watched my master's daughter getting ready for college. I had no right to cry as I was an orphan and have been so as long as I remember. As I walked to the kitchen to wash the dishes and scrub the floor with a heavy heart , I knew I could never become as my master's daughter , but I do have the right to dream , don't I? I guess by now you know who I am. I am Pappu, a child laborer, a slave from childhood with eyes full of dreams and sleep. Will my dreams ever come true? Will I ever see my mother whom I have never met but in dreams? Will I ever get a chance to study? Or am I to live a slave forever?

Edited by Tiana.Disney - 30 July 2015 at 10:38am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Meryl-

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top