Balika Vadhu

Article:Shashank Vyas quits the show to play characters of his age

cherry_sd thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

After playing a father in Balika Vadhu, but now he wants to try something new and of his age..

Shashank Vyas  popularly known as Jagya in Balika Vadhu has decided to bid adieu to the show. The 28-year-old, who plays the father of teenage children in the show, feels that he needs to experiment with different genres and roles now.

He doesn't want to be stuck to one particular character, as he reveals, "I don't want to play an on screen father for a while. I would want to play characters of my age now. I want to experiment and focus more on roles in which I know I will be comfortable. After doing this show, I have to be a little choosy about roles that I pick. I cannot pick random work, and have to find something that I can relate to, something that feels real."

He makes it clear that playing his own age is a priority for him now. As he adds, "I am not that kind of actor who can play a 60-year-old man at 28 years of age. I feel that so early on in my career, I should try other roles."

Shashank does have a good personality and acting capabilities, he also has a good fan base now. But, is quitting Balika vadhu a good choice or not? What do you think?

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/balika-vadhu-actor-shashank-vyas-quits-the-show-to-play-characters-of-his-age/