Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
Hey girls, I had a question.
How do you decide which story becomes the FF or SS of the week?

And can anyone refer a story as a nomination in this category?
-SanjanaSobti- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: canapoem

Hey girls, I had a question.

How do you decide which story becomes the FF or SS of the week?

And can anyone refer a story as a nomination in this category?

Since you've asked, till date we selected the best FF/SS on the basis of how well the story is accepted by the readers, how frequently the member updates, the plot of the FF etc. 

From the next edition onwards, we have other plans to bring more accuracy to the decision - both for selecting the best story as well as selecting the best reader. You will come to know about it, soon ๐Ÿ˜Š
xZoyax thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Preet.Kc

Since you asked, I'll tell you how it works. In the previous NLs it was just one member who select the winning OS. But to avoide biaseness, we decised that one member will propose to us like 3 OSs, without revailing the name of the author and the tittle of the OSs, they are just like in OSs contests and each of us have to vote for the OS or TS that he/she loved the most.
For e.g i voted for this TS without knowing even it's tittle and the author's name. Just because this one was matching my tastes better then the other two.
Hope now it is all more clear. We are trying to be as fair as we can.

Don't you think that still one person is choosing three OSs itself is a biasness because so far so whatever OS and the winner  has been chosen is a question for me as a reader
Edited by apinky81 - 8 years ago
Sugar_Hugs thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: apinky81

Don't you think that still one person is choosing three OSs itself is a biasness because so far so whatever OS and the winner  has been chosen is a question for me as a reader

Hey Dear

Like Sanjana mentioned above...we choose the OS/TS on basis of fan response...but yet we are hopefully coming with new methods this time...

๐Ÿ˜Š
Preet.Kc thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Okay since few people think that we are biased, let me try to clear the mess. 

This is not the first time that the NL is held, but it's the third time, till I remember. 

In the previous season it was Lazyleaves and Alina, the only two people who were selecting the OS and the FF/SS of the week. And the NL of each show works like this only. 

When they were doing this, we, the NL team, had never though that their choices were biased. And you, readers, too didn't raised any question on it.

Then why NOW? 

When we are trying to be as fair as we can, we had already thought that making just one person select it would raise second thoughts in your brains and so instead of making just one member declare the winner, we are working in a team of 6 people who vote and discuss about the OSs and each of us vote for the one that he/she loved the most.

So how come we are biased, now and in the previous versions this question was not raised? 

And let me clear one thing more, if you think that we are trying to "promote" or give awards to our friends, then that too is not true! Because, all the people that we have awarded, deserved the award and plus few of us don't even know about the existence of the stories that have been awarded, so how can we be biased while voting for  them?

You have question that the person selecting the story can be biased, okay let raise the hypothesis that she was biased while filtering the stories, do you really think that after reading the stories, we will just vote for one, if we think that the story, the grammar and way it is written doesn't deserved it?  Well I will not and the others too.

We were not friends and many of us don't even know each other before starting working on the NL, so the thought of letting our friend do whatever she/he wants to do does not even stand. Everyone of us says what she/he think is right accordingly to her/him and we tries to implement everyone's suggestions

Now go around India-Forums and find me a NL in which they are selecting SS/FF and OS/TS working as a team. I don't think you will find one, because in all the NLs present here, there is just one person per category. 

I had never understand why people instead of appreciating someone's efforts, always try to find mistakes?

And before anyone says something, we had already decided that we will make the readers select everything, is just that we, as you guys, have a personal life too, so couldn't find the time to post the thread up. But since you guys have started raising questions on our work, we'll try to post the thread soon. 

Hope this was clear enough.

P.S. I don't have anything against Lazy and Alina. We worked as a team and that period is one of the most memorable one for me. 

-Edited-

And why we are letting just one person select the stories, well that is simple.

Because if all of us start suggesting stories, we will come out with an endless list and we don't have all the time to go through like  100 stories.  This is the reason why only one person is filtering stories.

If even after all this you didn't understand anything. Then I don't know what to say. 

Edited by Preet.Kc - 8 years ago
cheesemad thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
^^ I am sorry if I am interrupting anything, but I do not think it is possible to make everyone happy at the same time. If we talk about OS of the week, here is the reason why I think so:

* Around hundreds of One-shots are being written every week here on our forum, some are posted here, some on FF forum. And I DO NOT expect any one to go through all those hundred One Shots and then decide which one is the best! That humanly impossible. 

So, when I read the whole procedure of giving awards, I felt it is the only way to do so. Selecting some OS and then a panel of jury voting for them and that too without knowing usernames.

All of you come here every week and make such an awesome thread to keep our show alive, that is the thing I appreciate the most about this thread! For me awards do not matter, of course they make anyone feel great but the most important thing is IPKKND and ArHi, at least for me :D๐Ÿ˜ณ

Apologies if I said anything wrong!

have a great day <3

Edited:
Congrats to every winner and congratulations to every ArHi-ian, we have still kept our show alive! Still going strong :D

Edited by cheesemad - 8 years ago
canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: -SanjanaSobti-

Since you've asked, till date we selected the best FF/SS on the basis of how well the story is accepted by the readers, how frequently the member updates, the plot of the FF etc. 

From the next edition onwards, we have other plans to bring more accuracy to the decision - both for selecting the best story as well as selecting the best reader. You will come to know about it, soon ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks for the reply. I asked this question not to doubt your sincerity about your selection but I wanted to refer a story for the award and wanted to know the procedure of how it is selected.

You girls are doing a good job, keep  up the good work. ๐Ÿ‘
MsChanadlerBong thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Wow ! Third edition is out ! Yippee ! ๐Ÿฅณ
I know I m damn late , but have to say all the NL team members have done a great job ! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Especially the one who are there always active in the team and bring on new ideas ! 
@ Preet Di ! An excellent thread ! I know how much hard work u have put in . ๐Ÿ˜ณ U had fill in all the category which was empty and this amazing thread is the result of your hard work . ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
@ Sanskrutii , Sautan tera new ideas for OS contests and all are just too good ! 
@ Rishaal ! You are the one who does a lot of mehenat ๐Ÿ˜ƒ carry on . 
@ Sanju . Welcome and an amazing job u have done ha ! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
@Asru . Amazing job done by you too . I saw the competition thread nice work . 
@ Aisha Di nice siggie and tags . 
@ Shilpa Di missing u . ๐Ÿ˜†

I hope I din miss or bore anyone ๐Ÿคฃ congrats to all the winners ! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Love 
Sam 

HerFiction thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Rishaal

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Cngratulations to all the winners๐Ÿค—all of you deserved these awards!</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Usename, Aheli, and annihilation, the sigs were awesome and cute ones,๐Ÿ˜ณ</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Linsie, you are damn good at commenting lady, keep commenting and encouraging writers, you have indirectly contributed alot to make this forum alive by making writers write more with your encouraging comments๐Ÿ˜Š</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">DWE2? *blinks eyes* Yippeie its my fav tooo Congoz Zara, waiting eagerly for this story to proceed further!</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">๐Ÿ˜ณ
</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">SaRun. Love and hugs lady, your TS was truly deserving and my fav too</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Congoz๐Ÿ‘</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Congrats Dellz :)</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">And ohh what do we have here, Pudina runner up agaya hai๐Ÿ˜ŽCongrats Mints, I'm so happy for youz! You deserved it girl!</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Deviangel, woah second in a row, not bad๐Ÿ˜ƒCongrats!</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Hugs to the NL team and Shilpa miss you coma back soon!</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Gearing up for the next edition!</font>

miss u too rish.

Am trying my best to come here asap.
To come back fully, then it is possible only after 10 weeks(approx.)

Congrats all.

Sadh123 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Wow this nl s awesome.. and of it s getting bigger and better.. I seriously loved the summary.. it brought back all best moments of arshi.. kudos to u all..
And ofc jalebi QuEen ke liye big whistle.. and yaar mami ka dialogue top class.. 
And all the winners well deserved.. I loved both the siggys.. all were awesome
And yeah the ts was too good yaar... 
Wah totally big congrats to all winners..
And a big shout out keep it going to all nl writer's.. keep it going dears