history_geek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: srilu321

hi ABHAY and RADHIKA 

i am missing your daily  anaysis.
THANK U FOR U R BLOG
U BOTH R NOT WATCHING JA?
after reading u r blogs on salim maan khussuru i understood that akbar's favourate daughter- in- law is maan and jl went against his own son for khussuru .

Srilu,
Ofcourse, Akbar started to groom Khusrau as the next ruler. In an old blog post it was mentioned , at an age of 6, Akbar bestowed huge royal military favors on Khusrau. :)

history_geek thumbnail

Originally posted by: harshu27

wowww its actuly a dream wedding I feel whr u cn only imagine in ur dreams d grandness d pomp and actuly d amount of dowry givn by her fathr and also d way Akbar hd spread all gold all ovr frm her home til d palace...dis really givs us an idea dat dis marrge alliance ws v much spcl fr Akbar and so only he did it wid much pomp... 😃 bt I really feel sad thou her marrge ws v grand bt her married life wsnt so grt d way she hd 2 go thru trauma and dn end her life...nyywz thnx a lot fr sharing dis amazing wedding info it ws a treat 2 read salim's 1st wedding... 😃 😛

Harshu,

Royal weddings were like this only. :)
I remember reading about the pomp and great show in the wedding of Dara Shukoh .

Also, in colonial times the weddings of the remaining royal houses of Hindustan (Nizams in South and Rajputana) are still documented and talked about in very good depths. :)

history_geek thumbnail

Originally posted by: Deepasub

Thanks for sharing interesting info.
I remember my grandad used to tell us stories of kings n kingdoms and always mentioned that during Akbar's reign there was grandeur and everything was pompous.
He was a history buff.
So can envisage the indulgence if the entrouge from Ameer to Agra was strewn with gold coins

Just imagining that the kingdoms those days must have been so rich n prosperous in the whole world.
And the rulers were intelligent and great statesmen.
I wonder where it disappeared
Both the richness in terms of wealth and wit.

Tfs

Thanks for these beautiful words Deepa.
You've said a lot in these few words. Yes, your grand dad was truly right. :)

.antara. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
tfs  for the brief awesome information 👍🏼
history_geek thumbnail

Originally posted by: devkidmd

Thanks Abhay, Perfect post at the perfect time!

I have posted my thoughts on the history sticky thread.

Devki

Devki,
Thanks for posting those interesting snippets.
Have read your views , and replied also. Hope you've seen them. :)

history_geek thumbnail

Originally posted by: Charu.S

Thanks Abhay, for sharing hitherto unknown details about the grandiose wedding celebrations of Salim and Maan Bai.

It was customary for distinguished female members of the Imperial Harem, to attend family weddings outside the Agra mahal, isn't it ? I am wondering why nothing has been mentioned in historical records, about Salim's mother MUZ's participation or presence in the wedding festivities.

Enjoyed reading the details. One can clearly see the amount of wealth, the relatively small Kachchwa clan possessed. Akbar reciprocated in kind too and respected the Hindu rites and rituals by which the union was solemnized. By entering an alliance with the Rajputs for the second time, Akbar firmly cemented an awesome relationship with them for life.

Charu,
As Radhika replied to you already, i have similar opinion.. Link: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/124637190

Their is a difference in the writing of a man and woman. And, Akbarnama is the "court history" of Akbar. So, it is sure that this is rarely about the personal life. While Badayuni mentioned some personal events about Akbar, Abu'l Fazl rarely did that.

Compare Humayun Nama by Gulbadan Begum, and you will find so much of lesser known events related to women in harem. One incident mentions complain of Bega Begum, from a wife's perspective (:-P) to Humayun.

Another is about a Fake Pregnancy Case. Remember Ruqaiya's Fake Pregnancy Track ?.    Link : Fake Prg. Event  If interested, read this as well. A post by Radhika, from an oriental perspective.. Fake Prg Case Oriental Perspective

Shah67 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: history_geek

Devki,
Thanks for posting those interesting snippets.
Have read your views , and replied also. Hope you've seen them. :)

Yes I have and I sent you a PM right away :)
Will be sending you another one. Plz check inbox.

Devki
history_geek thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tarunika13

Thanks Abhay, for sharing this wonderful piece of information.😊.

Abhay I am dying to know your views about the present track. I know you are keeping busy but please share your thoughts whenever you can.
Unlike most of my forum friends I am not at all happy with this track. The only bright spot is Rajat's performance.

Thanks Tarunika.!
Finally, the MEA track has ended though Anar is still here. :)
I was not wathcing it regularly, so not sure about how it went. 😊

history_geek thumbnail

Originally posted by: soumyamurali

Very nice post Abhay.  I read some where that once AKBAR while talking to his mother, he is opposing SANUR alliance because Maanbai is not capable of handling an ambitious NUR as she is not that much intelligent n tactful person like MUZ.   This statement really gives us his opinion about his wife n his affection for his DIL.  he always considered MUZ as an equal to him.  He really loved MB as his own daughter.  Its really rare to find a FIL that too an Emperor like AKBAR having these kind of feelings for his DIL.  That's why he was very upset after her suicide n he didn't forgive SA quite easily.  This marriage really gives us an idea about his feelings towards MUZ n her family. 

Thanks Soumya.
Interesting post. As many have said, and even the account of Nizam posted on the blog said, as per Akbar, she was the best match for Salim. Of course, he cared for her. The interaction between Bhagwan Das and Akbar displayed the warmth in their relation.