July 8th : Yeh Ek Pathan Ka Vaada hai

history_geek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

Promise of a Pathan.

Saw the last night's episode of Maharana Pratap. July 8th.
I am enjoying the last few episodes. :)

Ismail Khan is a perfect match to Mughal artillery firing. He is frustrating Akbar no end. CVs need some appreciation for exploring this angle. :)

The moment of Rakhi tying ceremony between Rajput females and Pathans was a watershed moment. Ajabde Bai Sa and Ismail Khan's brother-sister angle was a thing for which we need to applaud the CVs.  The way Ismail Khan promised to safeguard each Rajputni till his last was breath-taking - " Yeh ek Pathan ka wada hai ". 👏
I enjoyed the dialogues too..

It was good to see how the entire Rajput camp made food at one place because the food had finished, due to the siege on months, by Mughal army. Pratap was right - When the differnce of status between the King and his masses vanishes ; then there is NO force which can defeat their SPIRIT of resistance.. 👏 The King and Masses eat at one place without any qualms.

In today's communally charged atmosphere - Maharana's friendship with Pathans is something the postereity needs to cherish. That can be a fitting tribute to the ideals Maharana stood for, above all forms of religious divisions, even in most diverse situations. He NEVER used religion for his benefit unlike many of his other contemporaries. :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RadhikaS0 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hi Abhay

What a simple and beautful post! :)

I am also enjoying MP these days. It is action packed, emotionally charged and weaves in historical reference points too into the NR seamlessly. :)

All the cast is good, and one gets the feeling this is how the real people must have been like.

The characterisation is good. I love the way Akbar is being portrayed in this war - it is easy to understand your series on Chittor keeping this Akbar in mind. Unlike other shows which portray him as a mellow, chocolate faced hero.

Pratap is subdued and quiet - a man who lets his actions speak for him. But i wish he would show more authority
And some gravitas which is missing now. I mean Pratap was a tall man with great aura around him who could cast a spell on those around him so that they were ready to do his bidding and die smilingly. I want to see a majestic Pratap, not a soft Pratap, who might well be a hero by accident, as is the case now in the show.

Ismail Khan is good - a perfect foil to Pratap, an equal partner, and their equation of warm friendliness and natural understanding of each other without saying anything much is heart warming. His coming has boosted the spirits of the Mewaris and made victory look like a possibility at least.

It was so sweet of Ajabde to accept him as her brother, for saving Chittor. And the way he promised that he would safeguard not only her but every Rajputni was such a chivalrous act! The way he accepted the essentiality of jauhar, the way he got his food distributed among the needy, these actions speak of a highly principled and noble man. I always think of Pathans in this way only somehow :) ever since i read Kabuliwala as a child, i have a soft corner for them :)

Some people seem to find it difficult to accept Pratap still in the fort. :) i guess the makers have to show him in a central role :) let's see the track unfold before we reach any conclusions.

Lastly, my son is an ardent Pratap fan. He misses not being able to watch the show and he is so eager to see the Pathans in action. He can't understand or accept why Pratap lost this war. I guess the show is a success when it can fire a kid's imagination and make him empathise with a historical character.:)

Thanks again for the post :) I know i have to unres my post on your prev episode thread. Will do it asap :)
history_geek thumbnail

Radhika,
Thanks for sharing your views.

One thing i agree is that, people in this show look real. It can be easily related how any person would behave in situations like those shown in the show. From my experience of some previous dramas, this one looks much fine.

I missed highlighting this important part how Ismail Khan recognized the intention of Rajput women for doing Jauhar and immediately promised that NO Jauhar would be done as long as he is alive.

Ismail understood it is important for the fuel wood to be kept safe.! He got the food distributed as well among the masses of Mewar instead of having the food for himself and his own Pathan army. :)

Even today, Pathans command a lot of respect in Rajasthan. When Bhils are remembered we remember Hakim Khan Sur also..

No doubt your son admires the REAL Pratap, as a man of moral character like him is NOT at all easy to be found. Inspite of all adverse situations, he NEVER forsaked his morality and ethics. :)

Ramya_98 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks for making this post abhay.You did a great job.👏
Well,ismail khan has never failed to impress us with his bravery and patriotism and the dialogues are fab too.I must say that the rakhi tying scene and the scene where all the people made food at one place was really good and after long cv's are giving us good and sensible scenes.I'm loving pratap as the raja too and his and ajabde's leadership is being potrayed really well.
But i wonder where our very own pathan,hakim khan sur is? I know that the actor is now playing hanuman but atleast they can make a replacement.Or was he not there during the siege?
Please enlighten us about this.😊
Ravendor1981 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I too loved that moment when ajabde tied the rakhi to Ismail Khan..it showed trust and a beautiful new relation between them...
Many people do think that pratap was against other religions though it's not the truth...
I'm glad that they showed such a scene as that portrays a lot of love
Ismail Khan will sacrifice his life but fulfill his promise of ensuring their safety till he is alive
Nice post!
history_geek thumbnail
Originally posted by: crazy-for-praja

Thanks for making this post abhay.You did a great job.👏

Well,ismail khan has never failed to impress us with his bravery and patriotism and the dialogues are fab too.I must say that the rakhi tying scene and the scene where all the people made food at one place was really good and after long cv's are giving us good and sensible scenes.I'm loving pratap as the raja too and his and ajabde's leadership is being potrayed really well.
But i wonder where our very own pathan,hakim khan sur is? I know that the actor is now playing hanuman but atleast they can make a replacement.Or was he not there during the siege?
Please enlighten us about this.😊

Ramya,
Indeed the episodes are going well these days. :)

About your question : In the 3rd Siege of Chittor, we had Ismail Khan only. I did not find involvement at Hakim Khan Sur. He joins later as far as i know. :)

history_geek thumbnail
Originally posted by: Natasha_1234

I too loved that moment when ajabde tied the rakhi to Ismail Khan..it showed trust and a beautiful new relation between them...
Many people do think that pratap was against other religions though it's not the truth...
I'm glad that they showed such a scene as that portrays a lot of love
Ismail Khan will sacrifice his life but fulfill his promise of ensuring their safety till he is alive
Nice post!

Thanks Natasha. :)
Ismail Khan - Ajabde - Pratap in background ; that scene was really a good one.!
Nice Job by our CV's...

Yes, you are right. I have also come across such a thing, where people try to defame Pratap saying he was against other religions, though that is not the truth...

I remember , i re tweeted a tweet by Mr. Katju, he was also saying the same..

>>>

Markandey Katju @mkatju

Some ppl hv criticized me for praising Shivaji-Rana Pratap, n alleged that they were die hard anti Muslims & communal. This is totally false.

68 retweets 45 favorites

They respected Muslims, and had Muslim officers in their armies. Hakim Khan Sur was commander of Rana Pratap's artillery.

View conversation 68 retweets 41 favorites

Shivaji treated with gr8 respect Muslim ladies who hd bn captured by his soldiers & returned them to their families,as KhafiKhan has written

View conversation 65 retweets 45 favorites

I replied as well..-->>

Abhay   Jun 3 

Maharana Pratap also treated with respect the ladies of camp of Abdur Rahim Khan-e-Khana and returned them back to Mughal Camp. @mkatju

I hope CVs show this angle nicely because we know Maharana was not against any religion..

Ramya_98 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: history_geek

Ramya,
Indeed the episodes are going well these days. :)

About your question : In the 3rd Siege of Chittor, we had Ismail Khan only. I did not find involvement at Hakim Khan Sur. He joins later as far as i know. :)

Thanks for telling us that abhay.😊
Charu.S thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: RadhikaS0

Hi Abhay

What a simple and beautful post! :)

I am also enjoying MP these days. It is action packed, emotionally charged and weaves in historical reference points too into the NR seamlessly. :)

All the cast is good, and one gets the feeling this is how the real people must have been like.

The characterisation is good. I love the way Akbar is being portrayed in this war - it is easy to understand your series on Chittor keeping this Akbar in mind. Unlike other shows which portray him as a mellow, chocolate faced hero.

Pratap is subdued and quiet - a man who lets his actions speak for him. But i wish he would show more authority
And some gravitas which is missing now. I mean Pratap was a tall man with great aura around him who could cast a spell on those around him so that they were ready to do his bidding and die smilingly. I want to see a majestic Pratap, not a soft Pratap, who might well be a hero by accident, as is the case now in the show.

Ismail Khan is good - a perfect foil to Pratap, an equal partner, and their equation of warm friendliness and natural understanding of each other without saying anything much is heart warming. His coming has boosted the spirits of the Mewaris and made victory look like a possibility at least.

It was so sweet of Ajabde to accept him as her brother, for saving Chittor. And the way he promised that he would safeguard not only her but every Rajputni was such a chivalrous act! The way he accepted the essentiality of jauhar, the way he got his food distributed among the needy, these actions speak of a highly principled and noble man. I always think of Pathans in this way only somehow :) ever since i read Kabuliwala as a child, i have a soft corner for them :)

Some people seem to find it difficult to accept Pratap still in the fort. :) i guess the makers have to show him in a central role :) let's see the track unfold before we reach any conclusions.

Lastly, my son is an ardent Pratap fan. He misses not being able to watch the show and he is so eager to see the Pathans in action. He can't understand or accept why Pratap lost this war. I guess the show is a success when it can fire a kid's imagination and make him empathise with a historical character.:)

Thanks again for the post :) I know i have to unres my post on your prev episode thread. Will do it asap :)

Hi Radhika, Abhay,

Thank you both for sharing candid views on the July 8th episode. 😊

The story of MP is progressing really well. I love the portrayal of the Rana, his selfless nature, true love for the 'praja', his country and above all his never-say-die attitude. His depiction is so 'real'. His queen Ajabde Baisa is also a quiet but strong woman, and a supportive spouse. Her gesture of sealing a sister/brother bond with Ismail Khan, by tying the rakhi, is truly praiseworthy.
Ismail Khan, the pathan, is a gentleman. What a fine character !
I am enjoying watching MP these days. Production values are awesome, the storyline and dialogues are weaved in with believable NR, the sets and costumes are good and the actors are doing a fine job. Thanks to Abhay's treasury of historical information, the more I read, I'm beginning to admire the personality, tenacity and principles of the great Rana Pratap.

PS : Radhika, you refreshed forgotten memories by mentioning Tagore's poignant 'Kabuliwallah'. 😊
Edited by Charu.S - 8 years ago
ayushimehra thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
after reading this post, i think, show is going good,

not saw TV last one month, after seeing i will comment soon.