Celebrity Fan Clubs

*Big Bís & AB Babyís Mania(5)DOTW-Pg:102* (Page 144)

Post Reply New Post

Page 144 of 144

Page 1 Page 143
Page   of 144

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Big B to sing in Nishabd

SUBHASH K JHA

Amitabh Bachchan's penchant for music is not new, but after singing the theme song in Baabul, Bachchan will be again singing for Ram Gopal Varma's Nishabd. Musician-turned-filmmaker Vishal Bharadwaj has been brought into the project especially to compose a song for the Big B.
   Says Ramu, "Vishal and I worked really well on the tracks of Satya. Till date, songs like Sapne mein milti hai and Geela geela pani are remembered. Unfortunately I never got a chance to work with him again. But now in Nishabd I felt Vishal was the best person to bring in a mood-driven theme song. And who better qualified to sing it than Amitji?"
   Bharadwaj is equally excited about working with Bachchan. "The idea of working with Ramu again was exciting enough. But to compose a song for Bachchan is something else. I can't sleep any more. Fortunately a young promising poet from Chandigarh named Munna Dhimani came up with the perfect lyrics for the song. It's hard to believe, but Munna gave me the words over the phone."
   The song entitled Rozana is a genre free ballad. "You cannot call it a tragic theme song nor a straight forward romantic song. Bachchan's voice is so powerful, he has never sounded better. In some of the nuances that he has rendered for his Baabul song he has outdone professional singers."
   Ramu intends to release this track separately. "If this happens it would be a new trend in Hindi film music. We really don't have a culture of film songs being released as singles here," says Vishal. Vishal intends to send the CD for the Nishabd song to Bachchan soon. "Once he gets a hang of it, we'll record immediately. After recording I want to tell Amitji that I want to make a film with him right away," says Vishal.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*Big Bís & AB Babyís Mania(5)DOTW-Pg:102* (Page 144)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 12:38pm | IP Logged

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
Amitabh Bachchan makes an appearance at Vaibhavi's show
Viral Bhayani
Wednesday, November 15, 2006  19:34 IST

The superstar was seen at the choreographer's show 'Merchants of Bollywood' in Manchester.

Actor Amitabh Bachchan had a busy time when he visited the House of Commons (UK), last weekend to launch the International Indian Films Academy Awards (IIFA) 2007, to be held next year in Sheffield. But in between his tight schedule Big B took time out to make an appearance at the successfully running play 'Merchants of Bollywood' at Manchester's Opera house. The show is based on the life of Bollywood choreographer Vaibhavi Merchant.

Though he did not watch the show we wonder if he showed any displeasure at its title . Incidentally, Big B dislikes the word 'Bollywood' and prefers 'Indian cinema' to it.

'Merchants of Bollywood'

The show first premiered in Australia. Later it toured to Berlin and Zurich. The narrative revolves around how Vaibhavi fell out with her family and especially her grandfather, the late Hiralal Merchant (choreographer and a Bollywood pioneer) as she wanted to fire modern dance and music into age-old Bollywood. Incidentally, Vaibhavi has also choreographed the show.

While Vaibhavi's character is named Ayesha (played by model Carol Furtado) in the show, her grandfather's character is called Shantilal Merchant (played by Arif Zakaria). Shantilal believes that Bollywood is no decent place for women. He feels that films should be used for the betterment of people, and not as a glitzy vehicle for models and beauty queens.

Feedback and fervour

"Absurdly colourful and improbably energetic, 'Merchants of Bollywood' might just be the most exhilarating musical I've seen this year," writes Kevin Bourke of Manchester Evening News. Event promoter Harvey Goldsmith says that he was "bewitched" by the show. "I was taken to see it by a friend in Australia where it was a huge success. I fell in love with it on the spot," he says. "In the first week of the show in Australia, the audience was predominantly Asian. But by the second week the audience comprised of 65 per cent  Australians and 35 per cent Asians. I am hoping the audience here too will be a cross-section of Asians who are Bollywood fans," he said in an interview to the Independent.

Edited by monika.goel - 15 November 2006 at 1:11pm

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 2:07pm | IP Logged

Edited by monika.goel - 15 November 2006 at 2:07pm

Pachu.P

IF-Sizzlerz

Pachu.P

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 5:36pm | IP Logged
Bachchan Club #6 opened...

here's the link:

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=464053

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
yay!!!Wheres the Party tonite!!! Clap
I am soooo happy... Big smile
Congrats to all of us!!!
CLUB #6!!!YESSSS....LETS ROCK N ROLL!!!
BACHCHANS ROCK...BACHCHANS FANS ROCK!!! Smile

Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 15 November 2006 at 9:07pm

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 9:12pm | IP Logged

[QUOTE=monika.goel][/QUOTE]

cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeClap

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by umi82990

Originally posted by lucky_lakshmi

Hey guys...I wont be around till 21st of November....Miss u all guys....better miss me toooo LOL Wink
I guess we will have club#6 opened b4 I cum back....hope so.... Embarrassed

Have a goooood time and try to adjust without me... LOL

Cheers...Laks

hi laks...well i'll see if i will open the 6th part..i probably will( i just can't wait!!)Wink and we will really miss you and it's gonna be impossible to adjust without u!!!!Cry

lolz..I cant resist IF yaar..I will be trying to drop in now n thenBig smileSmile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top