Celebrity Fan Clubs

*Big Bís & AB Babyís Mania(5)DOTW-Pg:102* (Page 143)

Post Reply New Post

Page 143 of 144

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 8:28am | IP Logged
Amitabh Bachchan will be Bhishma Pitamah in Mahabharat remake
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 (EST)

Big B will be Bhishma Pitamah in the high tech remake of Mahabharata planned to go on the floors in the year 2008.
The film, based on an ancient Sanskrit epic will be directed by Ravi Chopra who earlier directed the very successful TV series Mahabharat that spanned 94 episodes over a two year period in 1988 and 1989. The series was one of the biggest television hits in Indian broadcasting history. "No one can be better for the role of Bhishma Pitamah than Amitabh Bachchan," Ravi Chopra told Star News. Mukesh Khanna who impressively essayed the role of Bhishma Pitamah in the TV series has expressed satisfaction that the big screen role had gone to India's most accomplished actor. Rani Mukherjee is widely expected to be cast as Draupadi. Yesterday, in a press conference at Varanasi when Mukherjee was quizzed on the possibility of her being cast as Draupadi, she refused to confirm the news but significantly enough did not refute it. Other cast members are yet to be decided. Indeed, Ravi Chopra in his conversation with Star News warned that the film was as yet in its early planning stages and it would be premature to get into any further casting details. Considering the fact that the film is budgeted at 100 crores the rest of the cast may well include many other leading Bollywood stars. Mahabharat is one of the world's longest written epics and its commentary on goodness, charity and prudence is widely quoted by Indian parents while bringing up their children. Bhagavad Gita, the most sacred Hindu text, is an intrinsic part of the Mahabharat The film is expected to feature special effects that Ravi Chopra says will rival those produced in the West. "The film will be made with great special effects like those people saw in The Lord of the Rings," he told Reuters recently.

The film will be released in two 3 hour parts on consecutive weekends.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*Big Bís & AB Babyís Mania(5)DOTW-Pg:102* (Page 143)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 8:28am | IP Logged

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 8:29am | IP Logged
Mulayam defends decision to honour Abhishek Bachchan

PTI
Wednesday, November 15, 2006 13:11 IST

LUCKNOW: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mulayam Singh Yadav on Wednesday defended state government's decision to confer 'Yash Bharti', the state's highest award to cine star Abhishek Bachchan.

"What's wrong with conferring the award on Abhishek Bachchan, who hails from Uttar Pradesh and has earned his state a lot of fame in the international arena", Yadav said when asked about the decision.

"It was in line with our award policy which was to felicitate those personalities who earned name and fame for the state in the world," Yadav said.

Abhishek's father and Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan has also been a recipient of this prestigious award.

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 8:30am | IP Logged
"I've come back from London loving Abhishek even more," Preity!
by Debasis Jana

Preity Zinta recently returned from London , where she's shooting Shaad Ali's next 'Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom' with Abhishek Bachchan and Bobby Deol. "The long absences make me love my country even more," said Preity, who however loves traveling so much but living out of suitcases for so long is a sheer misery to her. However her experience in London remained very funny and sweet since co-star Abhishek Bachchan, with whom she shares a very special bonding, accompanied her throughout the shoot.
"He's amazing to work with," Preity gushed with glee. Earlier they were together in 'Salaam Namaste' and 'Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna'. But this was their first full-fledged film together. "I've come back from London loving him even more. He's so adorable. Absolutely fantastic," said apparently looking applauded, Preity. 'Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom' is a fun film, which will also have Amitabh Bachchan in an important role.

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 8:30am | IP Logged
Umrao Jaan

Length detracts from courtesan's tragic tale

November 15, 2006

By Mehboob Bawa

Star rating: ***
Directed by JP Dutta, with Aishwarya Rai, Shabana Azmi, Kulbushan Kharbanda, Suneil Shetty and Abhishek Bachchan. At Nu Metro, Canal Walk.

Director JP Dutta, known for his war epics, turns his attention to a romantic tragedy, telling the life story of courtesan Umrao Jaan Ada in a sensitive and intimate way.

However, it all goes on for far too long and is unevenly edited to boot. While some scenes ramble on without end, others are cut far too quickly, which hampers the overall enjoyment of the film.

Thankfully, there is a lot to enjoy, including the stunning locations of Rajasthan in North India, Bijon Das Gupta's exquisite production design, excellent cinematography by Ayananka Bose, a mesmerising classical music score by Anu Malik, enthralling dance sequences choreographed by Vaibhavi Merchant, and wonderful performances by the lead actors.

Former Miss World Aishwarya Rai plays Umrao, who is kidnapped as a young girl, sold to a brothel and taught the fine art of being a courtesan by the Madam, Khanum Sahib (Shabana Azmi) . Set in 19th century India, during the days of the Raj, the film accurately depicts the life of a courtesan, whose sole purpose is to provide love and company to wealthy men. Her problems start when she meets and falls in love with Nawab Sultan (Abhishek Bachchan).

Umrao Jaan was filmed previously in 1981, with Bollywood great Rekha in the title role. While she excelled as Umrao, Rai certainly makes the role her own, as well, in the latest version.

Her beauty is unsurpassed and she tackles the role with aplomb, giving one of her best screen performances yet.

She is matched by veteran Azmi, as her Madam, who also performs admirably.

Bachchan, as Umrao's lover, once again shows his depth as an actor and gives an inspired performance. Dutta regulars Kulbushan Kharbanda and Suneil Shetty as Umrao's teacher and unwanted suitor respectively, are merely okay.

Dutta hasn't made a classic film, but there is a lot to savour, if you can last the three-hours.

Edited by umi82990 - 15 November 2006 at 8:31am

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 8:32am | IP Logged
Rani wants press to apologize!
by Debasis Jana

Bollywood actress Rani Mukherji apologized to the media for her bodyguards' alleged misbehavior to the media persons during the shooting of Yashraj production's next 'Chudiyan' in Varanasi .
Allegedly, Rani's bodyguards have beaten up some journalists, who tried to get close to her, during the shooting. Actress Konkona Sen Sharma, who's shooting at that time with Rani, also present there.
Rani, yesterday in a press meet, apologizing to the media on behalf of the Yashraj banner, said "On behalf of my production, I am apologizing to the media if some misbehavior has happened with the press."
At the same time, she demanded press' apology too if they committed any mistakes. "We will want the press to apologize because if they have misbehaved then they should not be reluctant to say sorry," said Rani.
"The film fraternity and the press have a close bond. The point is that we should be subtle and good to each other," she pointed out.
"The things should be like, we go out of here after our shoot and give you our interviews and photo shoots and that's it. What is the point fighting and quarreling over it? The fact is that we both are not male actors, we are delicate females, so if people will create havoc, we would surely not like it," she said.
Pradeep Sarkar directed 'Chudiyan' has Abhishek Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan in pivotal roles besides Rani and Konkona.

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 8:32am | IP Logged

happy to be no. 1 Gay icon : Abhishek Bachchan

By Subhash K Jha

He's just back from London in Mumbai to be with his father, and now Abhishek leaves for Chennai to shoot for Mani Rathnam.

But not before getting discernibly embarrassed by yet another appellation.

Just the other day he was selected to be Asia's sexiest man, and now he's a gay icon.

Abhishek is flustered. "I don't know how to react to this. Any kind of recognition is a blessing. I don't believe in discriminating against any people. As long as any community loves me for doing what I do on screen, what more can I ask for?

Of course I'm flattered and I feel hugely complimented. It's not everyday that one gets singled out by a very important and sensitive community people. Of course I enjoy the thought of being a gay iconÖ.though let me tell you, I don't think I deserve it."

When told that he's been chosen because of his clean-cut family image Abhishek responds, "It's not as though I put on any image for effect. That's the way I am. Family is the most important thing in my life. I don't have to make an effort to be a family man. I've been brought up to believe in certain values."

First sexy, now gay icon? "I don't take these appellations seriously. My main job is to be an actor. And all these wonderful appellations come from that job. If I wasn't an actor I'd be neither considered sexy---whatever that meansónor a gay icon.

I concentrate on my job as an actor. The rest I treat as bonuses given to me for doing my job seriously. My responsibility is towards my audience and entertaining them. 'Sexy' and 'gay icon' are terms of affection that are here today will be gone tomorrow. I value them as long as they're mine."

Abhishek is mature enough to see that conducting himself decorously is not a responsibility, it comes with the territory of being a Bachchan. "And why just a Bachchan? Every actor must be conscious of his public image. I'm very particular about my behaviour, and would've been so even if I wasn't a Bachchan."

Do you like being called sexy? "I don't know what it means."

Maybe it means people want to have sex with him? Abhishek laughs in embarrassment. "I don't think so. I really don't know what being sexy is."

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 8:35am | IP Logged

Hey Guys,

Part 6 for the Bachchans Fan Club has been opened. I went ahead and opened it so that we could start the busy weekend off at a new site instead half of the weekend here and the other have in part 6. So ya'll just go over then and we'll chill there now. Here's the link!

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=464053

PS**** Don't forget about the party...just bring gifts and everything!Wink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top