India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Purab the drunk

surnita Goldie
surnita
surnita

Posted: 18 November 2004 at 3:14pm | IP Logged

Dont you guys think they made Purab look really stupid tonight.  Firstly the way he staggered into his house after drink driving then collapsing on the sofa saying Jassi, Jassi, Jassi, the stupid dubbing and old mismatched clips didnt help.  Then when Mnx called he just stayed on the line like a loon, not uttering one word and his acting did not match the scene at the end it looks like he is about to smile.

Mad, totally mad

AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!Clap

lovely IF-Dazzler
lovely
lovely

Posted: 18 November 2004 at 3:44pm | IP Logged

looks like he has finally quit the show hence the recycled scenes and they did not bother creating a bank of his scenes. good news for armaan fans Wink if he really has quit.

coz i remember reading an article where he said he did not want to continue if his character was shown with negative shades.. personally i feel this is the dumbest reason  to quit a show but oh well... good for us if he has quit so finally no more Purab in near future WinkWink

lovely IF-Dazzler
lovely
lovely

Posted: 18 November 2004 at 3:45pm | IP Logged

didn't they do the same thing with Armaan too when he was gone. I remember during the scenes when jassi returns the bracelet the body double with a wrong suit was so evident.

pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 18 November 2004 at 5:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lovely

looks like he has finally quit the show hence the recycled scenes and they did not bother creating a bank of his scenes. good news for armaan fans Wink if he really has quit.

coz i remember reading an article where he said he did not want to continue if his character was shown with negative shades.. personally i feel this is the dumbest reason  to quit a show but oh well... good for us if he has quit so finally no more Purab in near future WinkWink

everyone has quoted this so many times ...i thought that i might add what else he said on the issue in ab aayega mazaa interview. he said he did not want to play a negative role just for the heck of it, he likes his characters justified...if it is negative, there has to be a reason why it is negative. he won't go and do evil deeds because he is playing negative role. while he ended his role in sakshi as a negative character(not being indian justified it..he remained loyal to his country....though it was one stupid idea overall bcoz it would mean that he was undercover for half his life given the sort of background checks he must have gone through). his role in dkch also has shades of ruthlessness and negativity but they are justified by his past and jaded outlook towards life. all in all purab is the only completely positive character that he is playing.

*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 18 November 2004 at 5:33pm | IP Logged
the reason why Purab isn't being shown completely is b/c he is currently in the United States performing in the Bollywood Legends concert.  So this is why they're dubbing his voice and not showing him. 
anniegupta_ Goldie
anniegupta_
anniegupta_

Posted: 18 November 2004 at 5:34pm | IP Logged
I have to agree with you on that surnita. I didn't watch the episodes but frum deadly and jammy's updates (which are as good as watching the show) it seems like the epi didn't make any sense at all. I mean purab and hopelessly drunk?!? wut?!?!--trust me, thatz not the character I so dearly love.
MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 18 November 2004 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
i tell u it was TOTALLY weird. it wud have been better if they wud have had told that purab has to leave town becuz of an emergency(fire in his office?). and continued from there instead of showing those recycled scenes. they were an eyesore!
amaypranay IF-Rockerz
amaypranay
amaypranay

Posted: 19 November 2004 at 12:13am | IP Logged
yes, i too did not like that at all, well i don't know why they are doing this, but i sure we'll know soon. i hope its because's Purab's in the US...i really hope that everything will become the same way as before..please!!!!!!!

Go to top