Kaya OS: Family

paradigm thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Ananya: Kabir Sir is going to have a field day. I invited him over for dinner and I am running late.
She called home.

Ananya: Hi Ma! I am sure Sadu Sharma would have reached by now. He's never late. I'll be there in 15 minutes. Please take care of him till I get there. I owe you one for this.

Hello Ms. Kashyap!

Kabir: Yes I am never late. Probaby to balance out people like you who are always late.

Ananya: Kabir Sir... Aap? 

Kabir: Aunty was busy in the kitchen. So she asked me to pick up the call. You take your time. Aunty and I will do just fine. 

AM: Kabir kaun tha?

Kabir: Aunty woh Ananya. Shes running late and she's asked you to take care of Sadu Sharma till she reaches.

Kabir chuckled

AM: I am sorry beta. She can really be childish at times. She is a very responsible and loving daughter. But she still retains a lot of her childish innocence.

Kabir: And I hope nothing ever erodes her innocence. She is very lucky to have a wonderful mother like you.

AM: Now tell me something about yourself.

Kabir: Aunty I joined KKN 6 months back. Before that I used to work for Delhi Kranti..

AM: Beta I didn't ask for your professional resume. I asked about you? Who else do you have in your family?

Kabir: No one. My parents passed away 20 years back in a car crash. My elder brother who was 7 years older to me looked after me. But we have been estranged for the past 8 years.

A shadow loomed over Kabir's face.

AM: I am sorry to hear that Kabir. So you were much younger than your brother? You must have been the baby of the family?

Kabir's face lit up.

Kabir: I was. My parents and my brother used to dote on me. I was particularly close to my mother. Everyone used to call me a Mumma's boy. But I didn't mind. It was the truth. πŸ˜³

I miss my father a lot. But I have still not reconciled myself to the fact that my mother is gone. I have never felt at home or at peace anywhere. 

Ananya's mother placed a hand on his shoulder.

AM: She is still around you. And always will be. Mothers can never stop looking out for their kids.

Ananya came in 20 minutes later to find Kabir and her mother deep in conversation. 

Ananya (thinks): Wow. He has transformed into Smiling Sharma.

AM: Aa gayee tu beta? Kitni der laga di tune? Kabir ke saath itne mahino se kaam kar rahi hai. Thodi to punctuality seekh jaati. Main khana lagati hoon.

Kabir smirked.
Kabir: See this time I didn't reprimand you for being late. 

They went and sat at the dinner table.

AM: Kabir I wasn't sure what you'd like. So I made 3-4 different types of dishes. I hope you'll like one of these

Kabir: Aunty you shouldn't have. I am sure I'll love everything you have made.

Ananya: Eww!! Karela! Ma it's too bitter.

Kabir: Ms. Kashyap you aren't a baby

AM: Beta she is such a fussy eater. Accha tu ruk. I'll see if i can make something to cheer you up.

Kabir: Aunty don't spoil her. Plus its ok if she doens't  eat everything. She needs to lose some weight πŸ˜‰

AM: Beta I have been telling her for so long to get up in the morning and exercise. But she can barely get up in time to get ready and rush for office..

Ananya sulked.

Ananya: This is so not fair. You two have ganged up on me.

AM: Ole mera bacha. Naraaz mat ho. No one's going to tease you. You hear that Kabir?

Kabir smiled and nodded,

Kabir was overcome by the warmth and affection Ananya's mom showered on him that night. He began choking on his food he was so over come with emotions.

AM: Beta are you all right?

Kabir: Everything's perfect Aunty. Just perfect.

Before leaving
AM: beta please come over whenever you like.

Ananya: Haan. Ma's found a partner in crime to pull my leg.

KABIR: I don't think Ananya's going to extend an invitation any time soon

All three of them laughed.

AM: But I am seriuos beta. You don;t have to wait for invitations. Come over whenever you feel like it.

Kabir: I will. 

Hesitantly he added.

After so many years, I have felt at home Ma... I mean Aunty.

AM: You can call me Ma. And this will always be your home. 

Saying this she hugged him.

Edited by paradigm - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Misnomer thumbnail
Oh god tht was sooo cute
Saddu sharma πŸ˜†
Ananya was hilariousπŸ˜†
Keep writing 😳
Edited by Misnomer - 8 years ago
Sagi97 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Damaad Ji aur Sasuma ka cute sa OS.
Loved the line when Kabir said that she needs to lose some weight.

Sadu Sharma!πŸ˜†
-purnima- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Aaawwie dat was cute one 😳 ...
Lolz miss kashyap yaha bhi late πŸ˜† πŸ˜† not surprised πŸ˜† but glad teacher Ji ne marks nahi Kate...till she reaches I can help aunty to take care of hottie Sharma who is not sadu ... πŸ˜›
TurnThePage thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Awwee that was sooo cute 😳

Loved Kabir-Anita bonding...that's her name right?
Manyata5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Oh gosh.. That was incredibly cute..
Sadu sharma...🀣
So kabir got a family.. Nice one
ssss97 thumbnail
Now this was a nice one. Why don't u write a part 2?
castlebones thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Soo... cute!!!!!!!
I guess I'm repeating this line for every story, but I can't help it. They are just too kawaii.
pd786 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
omg that was so emotional 
i want such convo between AM and Kabir
but seems CVs wanna ruin Ananya's understanding mom
kavikas thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Aww. it was cute! Btw whats ur name?