Movies and it's impact in Life

Posted: 8 years ago
I am a movie bluff . I have my genres of movie I prefer watching .But two movies which actually changed my entire life are Wake up Sid and Queen 
Why Wake up Sid :-
I have lived in a traditional bengali  huge joint family .My parents were not orthodox ,they gave me enough freedom but somehow I felt stuck .Aisha introduced me to a new perspective in life .After all these years I am in Bangalore , living alone ..Feeling this is exactly what i want 

Why Queen
Since the age of 18 I have in a relationship with someone .It never matured beyond a point .I kind of become doormat to that person .The film actually taught me the importance of Self worth  ..I exactly said thank you before living Kolkata 

This is my experience , I want to know How movies can have impact in life ... Is it always positive like me or it can be negative to ...  any example you have??
Yes I agree with you.
I watched a film Kudrat about reincarnation recently. It was surreal. Like we don't know shit about anything. Seems like we are just going around in circles, born, dead, reborn.
For it was Beautiful Mind. Its about the American mathematician John Nash, and how he wins a nobel prize for his ground breaking paper despite the greatest difficulties of his life. Nash was schizophrenic. This movie was not only inspirational but it also gave me a new perspective. I have encountered a few schizophrenic people in my life, but I have never thought of what they undergo or to view the world through their perspective. This movie gave me a fresh perspective through which I could understand them. It made me appreciate their emotional, physical and mental strength. The message is simple: where there is a will, there is a way. For this reason, this movie will always hold a special place in my heart.  Edited by Heart - 8 years ago
each movie is impactful
be it in good sense or bad
more than the movie it depends on us how we take it
if we keep our eyes open more good it moralises you if we go on the wrong path it demotivate's you
bone or bane this doesn't matters
our vision does
it is said what we learn visually is more impactful then what we learn textually
so how we visualise the situation matters more than what message is given n the movie
plus when we are in similar situation are we ready to do what the actor has done or mess up on our own
movies are a way of teaching what life is
may it be something like titanic where you see who is actually true to you in the worst of times or Ramleela where they teach sacrificing is sometimes better than being enemies or ditching your own loved once  or ABCD which teaches if you have a passion and urge to follow it go for it and at the end of all your hardwork and dedication success awaits.
its more on you how you take it then how it is portrayed
about me each of this has mattered plus the one which actually brought me together

Ek Villain

the dialogue by Shraddha in the film gave me new hopes "jabtak hum kisike humdard nahi bante hum dard se aur dard humse kabhi dur nahi hota"
that line made me gave my past a second chance the time i wished to get finished as fast as it could i wanted to come back and give the do'ers what they deserved. though the time never came back yet i hoped to move on from past. though i never was any depressed person or something that past really affected my life i was strong maybe i never showed or i still don't show but when everything happened there wasn't aq time i cried or begged for mercy even not fighting against it was wrong but that time i was a mere kid hard o realise what it meant if i did and as i did i started getting introvert but now i have hopes of a better future a better life i moved on by supporting all those who faced the same and it helped me smile smile for good
life is always like that only one inspiration and the worst of nightmare changes into the best of dreams
but all that's wait is just open your eyes and wait for that inspiration that may come in any way love friendship or just another movie
like the way it did in our case

Edited by taarey17 - 8 years ago
One important lesson I've learnt from movies in general is acceptance and appreciation of one selves..and others too.
Well, films impact live in many ways ...
we learn important lessons in life..
it gives us entertainment as well as educates us and gives us knowledge regarding various things.
some movies depicts true friendship, true love,importance of creativity...
it teaches us to be ourself, to be a good human being.. also the importance of freedom to some extent.. it also helps in being a tolerating person and being non-discriminative on many grounds such as religion,race,gender,skin color or other basis... And also to respect others...

movies are a waste of time. Losing that many hours of something else one oculd do. They take their stories from real life and then the writer has a flight of fantasy around that. We arent taught to acquire correct social skills in india which is why we depend on movies to provide us some or all of this information or ape the west or something like that. I think it is more important to learn  from real life than movies...Movies end in 2-3 hours life goes on.. so anything that the movies shows as an ending wouldn't be so in the true sense.
The reason you got inspired from the two films has more to do with the concepts of those two movies having heavy western influence.. and since ours is conservative culture we dont reach that point in learning wierd things like a gal thinking of going on a honeymoon after a broken marraige or a guy suddenly missing the gal he so took for granted... this is still fantasy not a guideline for inspirational living!
Edited by qwertyesque - 8 years ago
@qwertyesque
Shouldn't all that depend on the type of taste you have in movies?.
And if watching movies are a waste of time then how does coming online to post about movies any use of it?
Originally posted by iMini

@qwertyesque
Shouldn't all that depend on the type of taste you have in movies?.
And if watching movies are a waste of time then how does coming online to post about movies any use of it?

Miniji. First of all i didnt post about movies. I advocate going away from movies.. but like everybody else in india we grow up watching movies without a choice..so just trying to give some a headstart. so they at least try and do something else instead of watchinghollywood and bollywood crap - .thats for the bold part...remember i am not judging film making here.. there is lot of hard work and excellence invovled...

regarding your "type" of movies, unless you are talking of fact based documentaries.. all fictional movies are real waste.. you are trying to get influenced by some persons ideas... and I advocate to use your brain.. why work with borrowed ideas..A book at least triggers imagnation but movies provide you visuals like reality. If you just consider it a form of view and forget entertainment, yes it is and that's fine.. but learning from them is disastrous...movies are mostly based on unrealistic ideals and weird outlook sometimes...
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Miniji. First of all i didnt post about movies. I advocate going away from movies.. but like everybody else in india we grow up watching movies without a choice..so just trying to give some a headstart. so they at least try and do something else instead of watchinghollywood and bollywood crap - .thats for the bold part...remember i am not judging film making here.. there is lot of hard work and excellence invovled...

regarding your "type" of movies, unless you are talking of fact based documentaries.. all fictional movies are real waste.. you are trying to get influenced by some persons ideas... and I advocate to use your brain.. why work with borrowed ideas..A book at least triggers imagnation but movies provide you visuals like reality. If you just consider it a form of view and forget entertainment, yes it is and that's fine.. but learning from them is disastrous...movies are mostly based on unrealistic ideals and weird outlook sometimes...
I think you feel it's wrong to talk about movies on a thread meant for movies and their influence 😆