Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: .FemmeFatale.

Sorry to butt in,but the discussion is quite disturbing 😆 Just like Pakistan has some really good shows and some really bad shows,we in India have really good shows too and not just bad shows. There are shows like Gumrah,Udaan,Webbed etc. 

Gumrah focusses on how teenagers get wrongly influenced and do murders etc. It has a very realistic approach and is arguably one of the best crime based shows. 

Webbed is about cyber crime and how people get fooled online.

Udaan is about a little girl amidst all the feudal lordship aims to make it big in life. 

These are all really good shows. But I people just cant get past the kyunkis and the kahaanis I guess.

There were many shows in the past which were considered cult shows. Saans was one among them. It very maturely showed relationships. There was the 'other woman' there too,but she wasn't the typical one.

We also have something which I would proudly say is one of our own and that is mythology/historical shows which are doing very well and have done well in the past too. Shows like Mahabharatha and Ramayan are still considered iconic.

Right now we have a channel called "EPIC" which is completely devoted to history. and no not just about kings and queens,but about wars,about about our cuisines were formed etc. 
 And you'd be amazed to know we even got to know a lot about Pakistan ( "GOOD" things -just clarifying before anyone accuses me of defamation)

We have music channels like MTV INDIES which focus on indian singers (no not bollywood) with varied genres. 

Just like some of u said some bad shows dont represent Pakistan,be fair to us and dont think that we are only abhout kyunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi's.

If our shows are about vamps and reincarnations,from over 50 Pak shows I have seen in one year,90% of them showed cousin marriages and stories of one husband and his never ending list of wives. So should I say the entire Pak industry represents just that?

Certainly not. I have watched lesser known shows which dont necessarily represent just that and I have enjoyed watching them and I wont shy away from accepting that. And not all successful shows were meant to be liked by all. There are shows which so many people recommended to me and I didnt like them. 

I didnt like Dastaan as much as I liked ZGH,thats for my own personal reason. But Sanam Baloch is one of the best in Pak,this I strongly believe.

I do agree daily soaps in India need to be revived. But not all shows are bad. There is a fair share of good shows too. Its not as if all shows in Pak are good. 

As of now I am following a few good pak shows and I will give the directors and actors credit for that. 

Why cant we just walk past this and just enjoy what we are watching instead of saying which country's content is better than the other?

Ah! Obviously its not just Fawad's hormonal fangirls who speak about something without having a complete picture of an industry. 😆
gagagirl101 thumbnail
honestly, indian dramas have no creativity, they're always one away from reality. they're known for suspense, here as Pakistani dramas are known for quality. i have yet to see a Pakistani drama and go 'oh, this is a copy of this Indian drama'. now, when i say DRAMA, it means a serial. 
anyways, its pointless to argue over this issue, this has been discussed time and time again and has yet to reap results or a conclusion. X

-Daredevil- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -MakhanMalaai-

No offence, I personally only liked him in Humsafar but Humsafar as a drama itself was nothing extra ordinary been there done that story, how they presented it was good..

Pakistan has had and will have amazing shows which can probably compete on an international level if you want to compare and Fawad wasn't a part of even one..

Nobody comes up with memory loss, plastic surgery, extra marital affairs and Vamps on a regular basis in Pakistani shows.. now that being said I'm not against Indian shows I might have watched a lot of them too but calling Pakistani shows rehashed version of Indian shows is extremely wrong.. doesn't make to me atleast..

Thats exactly what i wanted to say... To be very honest, i only liked Fawad khan in behad. He was good in other dramas as well, but behad was just amazing. And yes humsafar's story wasnt extra ordinary. 
I agree completely with the bold section! 👍🏼