Arnav&Khushi: Destiny Thread II COMPLETE; BLOG LINK ADDED

inkinscription thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

WATCH THE TRAILER(works with google chrome)

Blog:  www.fictionalwritings.wordpress.com

❤️ 

Edited by chander992 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

inkinscription thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

inkinscription thumbnail

Chapter 23

2.45pm Tuesday, May 7th 2013

Sswann Telecoms Main Office, London, England

Arnav briefed the team that was already set up just to deal with this mess. As soon as he landed he was picked up by Aman from the airport, and briefed about the situation on hand. Arnav thanked him and continued to study his reports. Right now the team had just briefed him for the first time and he nodded each time any point was raised.

"Okay, thank you gentlemen, I really think that those divided assignments must follow suit in this situation and lets meet again at the end of the day. In the mean while I am going to have my meeting with the CFO of the subsidiary. That's all for now," spoke Arnav as he ended the meeting.

When all of the team members filtered out of the board room Arnav took a deep breath because the task was much more arduous than he had previously imagined. He pinched the bridge of his nose and shut his eyes.

"Arnav," came a voice from the end of the conference room. He looked up and felt some of his tensions ebb away. "Uncle," he grinned as he rose from his seat to greet him. His uncle took him in his arms and gave him a bear hug. "How are you, son?" he asked as he squeezed Arnav's shoulder in a paternal gesture. "I am good, how are you? How's mum and everyone else?" he inquired. He gestured for his uncle to sit down on the chair and sat beside him.

"Everyone is great... they all miss you loads," he patted Arnav's back.

"I miss everyone too," he spoke in an apologetic tone. "I wish the circumstances of my visit were much more uplifting though."

"I know, son. Even I have no idea how this happened. One day everything is going smoothly but the next moment the finances slipped, the audits have big holes in them; cash flows are dried up. It's a wonder no one found out about this."

"I know, I swear sometimes I feel like I have hired idiots to work for me. Maybe we ought get the guy who bet against us in the futures and have him work for us!" he roared angrily. His uncle patted his hand and spoke, "let's figure this out one step at a time. The press will have our head when they find out about this. But lets try to keep this hidden for as long as we can."

"Yes, we have to get into touch with our media handles... I will have a brief with them before the meeting with the CFO. I would like you to be there," he said.

His uncle nodded his head and Arnav sighed as he slipped further in the plush leather chair. "I have half an hour until the media team gets assembled," said Arnav.

"Mum doesn't know I am here... does she?" he asked. "No, she doesn't, or else she would have landed here and made a fuss about you not coming home properly."

"I know... it's just that..." before Arnav could finish his sentence he heard, "because you are dating someone... aren't you?"

Arnav opened his eyes wide and looked towards the conference room door. Their uncle chuckled as Anjali squealed in delight and hugged Arnav who was in the process of standing up. She knocked him into the chair but he found his footing. "Bro, god, I have missed you so much!!"

Arnav laughed at the sudden screaming and hugging ensued by Anjali. "I missed you, too my baby sister," he expressed in an affectionate voice. She gripped his shoulder blades as she asked, "You are dating someone... aren't you? That is the only reason you can be acting like this. And I bet this time it is serious... isn't it?"

Anjali glared at him as Arnav shook his head admonishing her suggestion. "For your information, I am working for the time being... and I am your boss, young lady," he declared but Anjali was of course not going to back down.

This went on for a couple of minutes until their uncle interrupted them. "Alright my children... calm down. Arnav, you need your energy for the rest of the day. And Anjali, you need to make sure Manorama does not find out about Arnav's visit until tonight. She will want to come here and we need to make sure we clear some of this mess before everyone gets involved."

"Yes, sir," Anjali saluted him and sunk into one of the chairs, followed by Arnav. "How is your training going?" he inquired about her continuous training in the various departments so that Anjali becomes more familiar with her surroundings. After all, she was going to be a managing director one day and she needed to hone her craft from very early in her career.

"It's going great. I have learned so much about running a company. I don't know how you have ben doing it all along," she spoke in a surprised tone laced with pride. "He's the best at it, that's why," spoke their uncle. He rose from his seat and patted Arnav's back. "I have another meeting with the accounts department, but I will see you in the meeting with the CFO," he informed Arnav.

"Thank-you, uncle... I will see you soon."

When he left the conference room, Anjali focused back on her brother. She could see how changed Arnav looked. He no longer supported worry streaks that seemed to have been a permanent fixture on his face; he no longer had bags under his eyes. In fact, they were glowing, and happy. Even in this situation he was calm and collected, like he was no longer fighting an internal battle. When he had broken down the previous year, she didn't know how to deal with it. How he had completely ignored their presence, and even verbally abuse and spite all of them when they tried to help him. But, like the phoenix he had risen from the ashes and turned everything around for himself. However, she could not help but notice how his fingers twitched over his cellphone like he was anticipating a message from someone, how the corners of lips were supporting a slight smile, how he was back in his original fit shape... in fact better, how he relaxed he looked finally realizing that the weight of the world was not held up on his shoulders.

"You are staring," he spoke as he pushed his eyebrows up in a question.

"Fine, I have to dash anyway. See you tonight... at home," she waved as she spoke in a finality voice. She was beyond surprised when Arnav said, "fine." He was coming home... not staying over at his Paddington apartment. Something was definitively changed different.

When she neared the conference room door she turned around and spoke in an affectionate tone, "Whatever or whomever is responsible for this change... they are a keeper." Before Arnav could respond Anjali left the room. She walked in a daze towards her cubicle and sat down. Finally the pieces were falling into place after years in the making. Her stomach grumbled suddenly making her realize that she had completely missed lunch in the anticipation of seeing her brother as well as the countless meeting she was attending with all the department heads. She informed her supervisor of the week that she was taking her lunch break and dashed towards the elevator.

Anjali opted to take a brisk walk towards the St. Thomas' Hospital. In a matter of 15 minutes she reached her destination, and when she reached the ER the nurse at the head station paged her companion. Anjali smiled and thanked her.

Anjali was waiting in line to grab a turkey sandwich and some celery sticks from the cafeteria when a pair of arms encircled her waist. Without flinching or turning around she knew who exactly it was. "How are you doing on this fine afternoon, Miss Raizada?"

"I am good. How is your day going?" she asked him as she paid for her purchases and headed to sit on the table. Rishi followed and sat opposite her. After sensing her restlessness he called out to her, "Anjali, what is the matter?"

"He is back, you know."

"He, who?" he asked confused about whom she was talking about.

"Arnav. He is back. I mean, granted he comes back but he usually leaves within a day or even less and now he is here for a while," she spoke as she struggled to get the straw into the juice box.

"And, you are not happy?" he implored further.

"No I am so happy. The happiest I have been for a long time. It is just that he is so changed," she said adding another bit the puzzle that Rishi was trying extremely hard to assemble. The last time Arnav had left her she was broken beyond another. Only Rishi knew how much Anjali broke when Arnav had left her family and refused them. Rishi moved closer to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "Is he okay?"

"Yes, god, yes... sorry I am scaring you... he is so changed. In a good way. In the best way possible, in fact. He looks healthy, positively glowing... I can see the pinkness in his cheeks, not hollow dents. And earlier I thought it was because of the change in the country," she choked as she looked at Rishi. He encouragingly nodded at her to continue, "but now it has to be because of a woman. I know this for a fact."

Rishi laughed a deep laugh and spoke, "you scared me, love. I thought something was wrong."

Anjali swatted his arm off her shoulders and spoke, "it is important nonetheless."

"Yes, it is," he said in a serious tone. Anjali gazed into his light brown, held his hand in hers and brought her face closer to his. She kissed him fully on his mouth. He tasted of cinnamon and peppermint. She could tell that his residency was hard on him and he barely ever had time to eat properly. Anjali dislodged herself and spoke amorously, "if it's anything close to how you held me every night after he was gone, he should snatch that and hold on for his dear life."

She moved forward and kissed him again. Rishi let her shower emotions for him; she needed her release. Rishi moved in a more accessible position but their contact was broken by the sound of his pager. "Damn it," Rishi cursed, unhooked the pager from his waist and checked. I have to go... a casualty wave is coming in."

"That's fine. I have to get back too. My lunch breaks have started to become more and more prolonged," Anjali spoke as he rose from her seat. She placed half her sandwich in his hand, "Eat," she commanded.

"I will see you later. Text me when your shift ends," she hugged him and boarded the elevator while Rishi rushed towards the ER.

Anjali walked back to her office that was conveniently fifteen minutes away from the hospital. It was a warm, sunny day. She thought about how Arnav had changed for the better. She thanked whoever had brought the welcoming change. She then reflected on how much Rishi was a big factor in letting Arnav decide his own ways. Rishi had been there when Arnav had played the episode of drag me to hell'. That is what she named it. It was definitely hell for her. But every night he talked to her, held her, rocked her gently, and made sure Anjali could cope up with it. She wasn't sure if anything or anyone else could ever mean that much to her.

When she reached the elevators, she saw Arnav and her uncle leaving for their meeting. She waved at them and boarded the elevator to get back to work.

~~0O0~~

8.55pm Tuesday, May 7th 2013

Sehgal Residence, London, England

"Mum, I am starving," complained Arnav as he sat on the dining table waiting for the food to be laid down. "It's coming. Look at the two of you," she pointed at Anjali and Arnav. "You guys look like you haven't had anything proper to eat all day long," she looked accusingly at her husband. "What, don't I look as if I haven't eaten anything all day long?" he complained to her.

Manorama rolled her eyes at Manohar, ignored him, and retreated towards the kitchen. "Ouch," joked Arnav.

"Oh, keep quiet, son," Manohar chuckled at Arnav as he waited for his wife to immerge from the kitchen.

As soon as the table was laid Arnav and Anjali dug into their food while Manohar was left serving for himself until his wife swatted his hand away to serve him.

With the mouthful of food Arnav spoke, "Where is my brother from another mother and his loving wife?"

"They aren't in town. They have some function to attend for Payal's cousins's engagement. They should be back in a few days and your nani doesn't really like travelling much to London," said Manorama.

"Great, I cannot wait to see them," Arnav said surprising the inhabitants of the table. He was openly confessing emotion in front of everyone. Manorama looked towards Anjali as if to confirm what she was seeing was true. Anjali simply nodded her head in encouragement.

"So you are staying here then?" Manorama asked him tentatively. "Of course, mum," he mumbled while eating food. She looked over at her husband and he patted her hand lovingly. Finally they were seeing Arnav coming out of his shell.

When Arnav retired into his room for the night the rest of the family sat in the living room. They discussed how this new change was welcoming and Anjali kept her mouth shut about Arnav seeing someone. She had learned not to implore too much in his life and he would turn around on his own. So far, it was working. Soon, they all retired to bed.

In the next few days Arnav ran through the motions of getting up, going to work to figure out the mess, getting frustrated beyond anything, retiring back home and sleeping. He was nowhere close to finding out where the money trail ended and the lies began because the accountant had deposited money in the offshore accounts and had fled the country. This left their entire subsidiary in a chaotic mess. He hired auditors to find the paper trail but no solid conclusion had been reached. This frustrated the man in his position. He knew no matter what when everything failed he could plug on a string of numbers and everything related could be brought into the open. For the first time he was having difficulties with disclosure.

When two weeks passed he realized that they weren't any closer to getting the answers that they needed. He tired his body and mind in order to figure it out. During this entire time, he called three times. Each time he profusely apologized and she assured him that everything was fine but their talks never went further than that. He always had somewhere or the other to be and the time difference, and her job never allowed for the ample time needed to properly sit back and talk. He nevertheless made sure that she was fine. He had given her keys to his penthouse in NYC but he knew Khushi would never use it without his presence. She had informed him about that right from the very beginning.

On Sunday night at the end of week two of his stay in London he was immersed in talking to his uncle about his final decision. "I think we need to pull the plug on this, what do you think?"

Manohar nodded his head in a somber mood; "I hate to admit this but there's also dignity in accepting and moving on." He continued, "I know how much of this hurts you but I think for now we need to pull the plug, the news will hit the media very soon. We need to dwell on the future and not the past."

Arnav nodded his head and thanked his uncle for the advice because it is always refreshing to have some with his experience backing your decision. When Arnav was about to suggest another change in the file pertaining to another client the study door flew open. He looked up at the commotion and saw that Akash and Anjali were fighting over who would get to come into the room first. He raised his brow and smiled at seeing his brother from another mother finally making an appearance.

Finally Anjali was pushed away by Akash as he fell on the floor and he came rushing forward. Arnav stood up and hugged Akash enthusiastically. "God, it's so good to see you!" Akash spoke. "So good to see you too man," Arnav exclaimed. He laughed at Anjali as she picked herself off the ground.

"Are you guys just about done?" she huffed as she dusted her pants and charged towards Akash. He ran back, around the head chair in order to deflect Anjali's punches. Arnav looked over at Akash and saw how he had changed. He no longer seemed like a boy but a man. He still had the same curly hair, nerdy glasses, but his attire was changed. He supported derby shows, proper full length jeans and long sleeve t-shirts. The writings on them had toned down as well.

"I said I was going to tell," spoke Anjali.

"I am telling it! I made it happen!" exclaimed Akash.

"I don't give two cents about that... you just happen to contribute to it but you had help... I am telling it!"

"No is telling it... I am telling it," shouted another female voice halting everyone's actions. Manohar mean while patted Payal's head, "You should kick their butts," and left the study for his children to figure it out.

Arnav ignored the bantering that continued and rushed to greet Payal. He hugged her, and kissed her forehead. "How are you?"

"I am good, how are you?" he asked her. It was at that moment he realized that something was different. Payal grinned at him and pushed her belly out since the layers of her sweater hid it and it confirmed his thoughts. "Really? Since when?"

She raised her brows at his questions. "I mean... congratulations!! This is amazing news," Arnav kissed her forehead again and hugged her. She laughed at his reaction and spoke, "I am in the fourth month... That's why the delay. I was told not to travel for a couple of weeks after the results came out."

"I am so happy for you guys," he squeezed his hands. He turned around to witness that the fighting hadn't stopped. He shook his head. "You must have been deaf when I said... I am telling it. I made it happen!"

"Really, I don't see your belly inflated... therefore you lose the rights."

"So what, I made it happen, nevertheless," shouted Akash.

"Oye!" Arnav yelled to get their attention and when their eyes halted at him he spoke, "I know."

They both huffed and grumbled pointedly cursing each other for ruining the moment. Arnav then hugged Akash and congratulated him. Payal came forward and Arnav hugged her along with Akash. Anjali pouted at the scene in front of her and shrugged her shoulders and jumped on Akash's back in order to join the group hug.

"You know this isn't good for the baby," mumbled Payal against Arnav's arms. They untangled and Payal moved out of the way for them to join in a group hug again.

When they entered week three, Arnav knew that it was time they cut their losses and move on. The paper trail had gone completely cold and the auditors were just charging for showing up, inspecting the same old papers, and billing ridiculous amount of hours. He called a head meeting on the Monday and informed his team to pull the plugs because according to his media handlers, this had hit the news and any day could be aired. Better to cut loses than to idiotically chase the leads. The company of course had suffered massive damage monetarily but nothing that couldn't be recovered in a matter of 2 quarters.

After announcing this news to his team Arnav relaxed a bit. He called Khushi to share this information but realized that it must be really late at night there. He left her a voicemail and hung up. Lately all they had been doing were communicating through voicemails, disjointed messages, and dropped FaceTime calls. He missed her so much. Every time he got up in the morning he missed her drooling mess, he missed her smell, he missed her different way to jump his bones, he missed her complains about NK, he missed the way she could soothe out his worries and make him feel whole. He truly, positively, sorely missed her presence.

Week three was in its culmination phase, and on this particular Friday Arnav had finally tied up all loose ends. He sat in the conference room with his uncle. He invited Anjali because he knew that the news was about to break. The fact that they had held on for so many weeks surprised him but nevertheless this moment was in the making, it was expected. His team was not in the conference room because he had broken it down and they all were set into their individual tasks of cleaning up water small litter was left behind. He turned on the news and waited for the breaking news. According to his sources it was only matter of fifteen more minutes. He checked his watch and saw that it was just ten minutes till 8 when the morning news stories broke.

He turned around to look at the door when he flew open with Akash being there on time. He needed Akash to get their first "supposed" reactions so that he could update his domain for news. He had breached out from photography and started his website that garnered millions of hits every day. "Ready?" he asked Arnav as he placed his gadgets on the table.

Arnav nodded his head and turned his attention towards the news. Currently weather was being forecasted so Arnav shifted his attention toward his phone. He had sent Khushi a text message earlier and was impatiently waiting for her reply. He wanted her to know the news before it broke. Suddenly, an unknown number called his phone but he ignored the call.

It was two minutes to go until the news hit when the conference room door swung wide open by a horrified, and worried Anjali. She was out of breath as if she had not bothered to wait for the elevator and had mounted the stairs in a hurry. Alarmed at her appearance Arnav rose from his seat, "What's wrong?" he asked.

"How... you... this... you were... with her..." she uttered without making any ounce of sense. Akash sensing that she needed to sit brought forward the chair and helped her sit down, and offered her a glass of water. She gulped down most of it and sat stock-still. In her hand was the newspaper clutched in a death grip.

She took a deep breath and spoke in finality, "You are dating Khushi?"

Everyone in the room had no time to react as the news started in the background. "Good-morning, and in breaking news... the envious and unpredictable British tycoon is back in the news with leaked photos of his new girlfriend that have suddenly emerged. On the other hand, one of his subsidiary companies, closely related to Sswann has come under fire as well."

"Julie Matthews has more on this," the TV anchor announced.

"That's right, Sarah. The British tycoon is back in the news with TMZ and Daily Mail together has published a spread of photos of the billionaire with a new girl. Apparently this new girl has been in his life for the past few months and the photos show them in different poses. Nevertheless, he is also in the news for his subsidiary coming under fire with the auditing board for now performing due diligence..."

Arnav turned off the TV not wishing to hear more about his personal life being thrown with his professional life. He was prepared for the professional front but the personal front. He was angry. He was beyond angry... he was a raging bull. He quickly dialed his media handler's number, "What the f**k is this, Marie? Is this what I f**king pay you for?" he yelled into the mouthpiece as he slammed his fist on the table.

"Arnav, I didn't know. I was only talking to the business frontiers... I had no clue," but she cut off by Arnav. He spoke each syllable in a dangerously quiet tone, "Fix. This. Mess. Or. I. Will. Grab. You. By. Your. Throats. And. Hang. You."

Before she could get in a word Arnav hung up the phone. He raced over towards Anjali who hadn't moved a bit from her position. He grabbed the newspaper from her clutches and scanned at which images had been posted. Mean while Akash had the presence of mind to get to work to scan the Internet traffic for the photos.

Arnav saw the first photo of them leisurely walking together in midtown on Khushi's birthday after her lunch. Next was when he was kissing Khushi on the same street. Next, Khushi's birthday dinner, they both were dancing on his terrace. He gritted his teeth at the breach of his privacy in such an audacious act. More images consisted of Khushi absentmindedly strolling alone or along with NK. More images of their weekend getaway, and last image was of Arnav kissing Khushi goodbye. He ripped the newspaper in half and growled.

This brought Anjali out of her stupor and she stood up. She couldn't understand how this happened.

She found her voice and it came out more for her best friend than for her brother. "How the hell did this happen?" she asked.

Arnav pushed his hands through his hair, clutching on it slightly. He sunk back into the seat.

"I want an answer! She's my best friend bro! How the hell!"

After getting no response from him she yelled more. "Bro! How did this happen?" this irked Arnav. He was being questioned about the legitimacy of his relationship. "I need an answer... how could you do this?"

Arnav being frustrated lost control and yelled, "Because I love her!"

Anjali was stunned beyond her wildest dreams. She didn't really hear him but she did. "You are a man wh**e!" she yelled.

"Do you really think I would put Khushi in danger? I, of course, got everything tested and checked before continuing anything with her. I care about her. I love her."

"You were the person she was trying to not divulge about?" Anjali sat back down in her seat, as did Arnav. At this moment when everything was tumbling out of control he realized the he didn't care about any of that. All he cared about was Khushi. God, he loved her. He just needed her to be safe and by his side.

Manohar interrupted Anjali, "Anjali, Arnav and Khushi are grown individuals... they deserve their discretion and privacy."

This statement and Arnav's confession calmed her down a bit. Meanwhile, Akash pulled some more picture from the TMZ website. "Arnav, this isn't looking good. He turned the laptop only toward Arnav and he saw that even though the terrace had blocked considerable amount... they could clearly see Khushi's birthday dinner photos and the aftermath photos. Akash chose to look away but he knew Arnav needed to see them. He exited them and showed more photos of Khushi. The press had clearly had a field day with her. She was completely unaware of her surroundings as she unlocked her building door. The media made her a spectacle by following her everywhere. Her work, her house, his house, her gym, her grocery store, NK... you name it and they had breached her privacy in every possible way.

Suddenly he came into his senses. Khushi. Where was she? He called her but her phone went straight to voicemail. "Damn it," he cursed.

He called Aman into the conference room and briefed him about the situation but Aman was already on it. Arnav told Aman to ready his jet as he was heading back to New York. He needed to see her. Make sure she was okay. She was in this mess because of his stupidity thinking that she was safe with him, his stupidity for thinking that finally the press had left him alone. How could he be so stupid?

He rose from his seat and paced the conference room as his phone started to ring off the hook. Outside the room commotion had started to build up. Manohar got up from his seat and motioned Arnav, "I'll take care of this, you need to get back and check on Khushi."

As he exited the room Anjali was back on her feet. She couldn't think anymore either. "I hope you know what you are doing," she spoke straight at Arnav. Akash interrupted her but she spoke, "she is my best friend. I deserve to let my brother know this. But if you truly love her, then go, and be with her. She is probably feeling lost and confused and scared."

"I need some air," she announced and left the room.

Arnav looked over at Akash, clutching his head in his palms. "Akash, I don't know how this happened?"

Akash continued to get in touch with various media outlets and also called in their lawyer. "Don't worry once this wave is over then no one is going to care. And I believe you when you say you love her. So, listen to your sister... go be with her."

In the next fifteen minutes Arnav had another row Marie and his lawyer. He wanted to sue everyone but the only solution that could be agreed upon was getting their intimate picture removed from the Internet domains by contacting a judge and getting a stay order. Whilst his lawyer left to do his job, Aman came to inform Arnav that his plane was ready. Akash gave him a five-knuckle fist and wished him luck. Arnav had no time to meet anyone else as he raced down to his car.

True to his prediction the press was going berserk outside his office. He only hoped that Khushi was somewhere safe, hidden and not outside on the streets. He closed his eyes as he slipped into his car with great difficulty and began the never-ending journey.

The journey did seem like never ending from London to New York and Arnav kept on shifting and fidgeting on the plane ride. He was in love with Khushi but this was not how he had expected the events to unfold. He realized his love for her perhaps longer than he assumed. She made his chest hum in warmth, she made him feel loved and protected and complete. But because of his mistake he might lose her. She might run away seeing how much it took in order to be with him.

After eight strenuous hours, the plane finally landed in New York and Arnav rushed through the airport. His car was already waiting for him along with the press but he was quick on his feet. He muttered Khushi's address and told his driver to step on it.

The lunch hour rush was extremely slow and it took Arnav an hour and half just to get to Khushi's apartment. He buzzed her intercom repeated and looked around for anyone who would know him and let him through. After a dozen of phone calls hitting straight to the voicemail, and no response from Khushi's apartment Arnav tried buzzing NK's intercom. Surprisingly, someone leaving the building let him through. He ran up the stairs and knocked on Khushi's door. There was no response. He quickly ran down one floor to try NK's apartment.

After about 5 minutes of continuous pounding, Arnav retreated from the door. NK must be at work since it was a Monday. Just when he was about to leave the bolts creaked and a sickly looking NK opened the door. Arnav knocked him out of his way and rushed into the apartment. Baffled by his behavior NK managed to speak in a croaked voice, "What's wrong?"

"Where is she? Is she here?" Arnav said in a beseeching tone. NK continued to stare at Arnav with a worried face. "You don't know, do you?"

~~0O0~~

2.32pm Monday, May 27th 2013

Rush University Medical Centre, Chicago, USA

Khushi's body felt like it had been broken in various places. She was having a hard time standing in front of the ICU doors as no news came through. But, she couldn't sit still either. It was driving her crazy. Being in this hospital made her crazy. She hadn't seen the outside for the past two days and she wasn't sure whether she could survive here any longer.

However, she had to stay strong. Isn't that what she promised her mother when she sent her home. She promised to stay here.  She gritted her teeth and sat back down on the bench as another wave of nausea hit her. She really hated hospitals. She hated the feel of it, the white halls, the pungent disgusting odors, the morose looking doctors and nurses, the sickly feeling that overtook her because she could sense the vibes about how no one wanted to be here.

She gripped her forehead with her forefingers when she felt someone else sitting on the bench alongside her. She looked towards the left to see the same annoying man that hadn't left her alone. He was annoying and irritating and not to mention such a kiss ass. The moment he had picked her up from the airport he had annoyed her to the point where she wanted to cause him physical harm.

He reeked of sweat, his creepy smile sent the hairs on her arms to stand, and his fake put-on American/Indian accent made her want to punch his crooked, ugly teeth.

"Shyam, can you leave me alone," she spoke gritting her teeth in the process.

"No, Khushi... I have promised my bhua-ji... she told me to take care of you. After all we are family friends and also we are the same age... meaning we are friends," he spoke in an annoying voice. Half of the reason behind her headache was Shyam.

Khushi shited futher into her seat as another wave of nausea hit her hard. Khushi took a deep breath and cursed the bhua-ji. She was her father's distant relative and she made sure to let everyone know what was wrong with her the minute she saw anyone.

She didn't regard anyone. It was her father was right now lying in the ICU after suffering from a heart attack. But, bhua-ji was crying about her headache. Finally, somehow, Shyam had managed to send her home along with Khushi's mother. That was the only reason she was tolerating Shyam because he had got rid of that nuisance. Another wave of nausea hit Khushi as she rose from her seat, ignoring Shyam's questions, ran into the ladies bathroom.

She opened up the tap to full blast and let the cold water sting her wrists. This helped control her nausea and her head stopped spinning slightly. She washed her face with cold water and stood there waiting for the feeling to go away. Five minutes passed before Khushi got any relief. She looked at the woman standing in the mirror... in her jeans, t-shirt, and ratty converse sneakers. Her face had tired streaks, her eyes were dull and dark circles were threatening to over take her cheeks as well. She took a deep breath, turned off the tap and opened the door. Shyam stood just on the opposite side, waiting to annoy her more.

"Go away, Shyam," he spoke quietly and headed towards the waiting room. There was a TV there and loads of other newspapers to read. If she couldn't charge her phone, the least she could do was watch something, or read something to distract her thoughts. Last night, she had passed out in the waiting room, and this morning since before the dawn broke, Khushi had been by her dad's beside. But, this morning his stats deteriorated and he had to be shifted into the ICU. Her whole morning was spent filling out insurance paperwork. She could not work up the nerve to contact her mother and inform her. Khushi could see her mother was barely holding on.

Khushi walked towards the waiting room with Shyam in tow. "Khushi-ji, in my hometown in India, we all do this prayer meet for the people who are sick... and the lord hears our prayers when we do this. He then makes the sick person all better... when we go there together, I will show you the biggest temple there," he continued to talk without sensing Khushi's mood.

Khushi on the other hand decided that she couldn't stay in the room with Shyam and she needed a distraction. For the past day Khushi had been siting in the main lounge, watching as people came and left. Her favorite were the couple that just had babies... they were cheerful, tired, but nevertheless hopeful of the future and so full of love. Then, there were those who came with minor injuries and walked about with scars to talk about and laugh over dinner dates when looking for common ground. Her least favorite were people crying. Crying meant that some loved one had left them and gone to a better place. She hated that and she would leave the main lounge every time she saw someone crying.

She sat down on the wooden bench that was stuck in the wall and the wall provided something to lean onto. The nurse who recognized her from the previous two days smiled sympathetically at her. Khushi just passed a grim looking smile. Shyam sat beside her but Khushi couldn't take it anymore and yelled, "Go Away, Shyam... leave me alone for sometime!"

Shyam stopped talking and then continued, "Okay, Khushi-ji," in understanding, "I will grab us some coffee from the cafeteria." He got up and finally left, leaving Khushi alone.

She hadn't yet cried. She couldn't bring herself to do so. She couldn't find that emotion within her. She clutched her head in her hand, and rose from her position. Another nausea wave hit her, this time, Khushi groaned loudly in reaction. She ran to the nearby trash bin and threw up the bouts of coffee she had previously consumed. The nurse quickly rushed toward her with a bottle of water and a tissue box. Khushi leaned over the trash and dry heaved. She looked toward the nurse as she soothed her back. Khushi cleaned her face with the wet paper towel and drank some water.

This was when she heard the voice. "Mr. Gupta, please... I need to see Khushi Gupta."

Khushi turned around along with the nurse. The nurse seeing as Khushi was okay quickly left as her pager went off. Khushi placed the water battle on the bench and waited to see when he would notice her.

Arnav was frantically calling her phone whilst asking the nurse to locate Khushi. In frustration he gritted his teeth and turned to look around... that is when he noticed the frail looking girl. She was tired, sleepy, and unbelievably distraught. He could see it on her face. Arnav moved towards her but she made no move. She stood stock-still until a voice inside broke the dam. He was here and everything was going to be okay.

She didn't know what broke but suddenly she couldn't hold herself. Her legs failed but somehow she ran towards him and closed the dizzying distance. He opened his arms for her and for the first time in the past three days Khushi broke down, and cried her heart out in the arms of the man who possessed her heart. 

tracy1191 thumbnail
wow almost after a year but still spine tinglingly same. awesumly emoted..
 waitin 4 more(hopefully not anodr year😉)..
Uzii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Lovely update i think khusi is prgnant n she dont know abt the news of her relationship with arnav leaked so wat wouldbe her reaction i hope she trusts arnav.
Gogoismita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Woawwwe so finally after a long time 2updates lovely one
Asmara. thumbnail
Wow...u updated...
Interesting one...
Waiting for more
mayurisb80 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
This is what you call Back with a Bang...🥳.Brilliant update. 👏...looking forward to read more. ...and so not liking the creepy clingy shyam🤢
stunning.ayesha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Congrats for new thread
Nice update
Audiwalia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
finally.. awesome part but why she is in hospital????