Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-MitwaIshqPe- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: mary78613

For me, the story, cast and execution everything is important. If a show has my favourite actor but the story sucks, I can't watch it. I am just weird that way πŸ˜†

I'm weird that way too πŸ˜†
starstruckk thumbnail
Originally posted by: mary78613

Star, I totally agree with you. But I would like to say Sanam can't be considered a weak performer just yet, its just that her role so far has been limited so far. I think she will have a chance to show her performance during AJ and her rivalry. This is where we will see a completely different Ruhi. If you have seen episode 10 you must have noticed the bitterness and change in her attitude after Behroze went to the haveli. Now Sanam's real performance/role will start.. But yes, I agree her role has not been so impressive so far, and the forced romance between RuRoze simply gets on my nerves

Even I love Ali the most in the show followed by Abid Ali, Hareem and Meekaal. Ali has truly outdone himself. I became his fan during Muhabbat Ab nahi hogi days. He was pretty good in that show. One of the reason why Hareem and Ali havee good chemistry is because they know each other from their theatre days and they even did a film together called Siyaah which was produced by OKB (I think) so they are good friends off screen too.  I started to watch this show for Wali Farah but ended up loving Arjumand  and Suhaib. I like OKB in the show, Maya is over acting but I guess her character will change when they will show the leap. Right now she is just a spoiled outspoken 17 or 18 year old. Once, they show the older version of Wali and Farah she would not over act I am sure. Farah's character was not immature in the book at least just stubborn.

Don't give up on the show just yet. Wali and Farah's story is pretty interesting, πŸ˜ƒ

yeah, maybe Sanam will get better when scope for her role increases? I don't know, but honestly she was not as great as Ali, Hareem or Mikaal in all the 9 episodes I've seen thus far. Sanam Saeed was the weakest link for me in Shukk, and it's the same here when comparing her to the other 3 actors. I've loved Sanam in many of her shows, but in some of these recent multi starrer shows, she has truthfully been not so impressive. She's stiff and monotonous and hasn't effortlessly let herself get into any of the characters she has portrayed..and if OTHER actors are doing better than you then that means something and credit where its due. Hareem actually has had less scenes compared to Sanam..but Hareem has been the superior performer by far.  I think both Ali and Hareem have had less scenes than Mikaal and Sanam actually..yet Hareem and Ali stand out more. The scope of the role doesn't matter in my eyes..it's how you leave a mark with whatever you've been given.

And, I completely agree with you on Mikaal and Sanam Saeed's chemistry. The chemistry seems very forced..I'm honestly surprised and not in a good way because I was expecting sparks in their romance? yet there's nothing there. πŸ˜• Their romance falls flat and as you put it, does indeed seem forced. I literally had to forward some of their scenes together because I found them cringeworthy..not because they were cheesy or because the scenes were executed badly..but only because these two have zilch chemistry as Behroz and Roohi. Compare their (lack of) chemistry to what Ali and Hareem have shown..then the latter's pair is leaps and bounds ahead! What's funny is how Ali and Hareem have had scenes where they've had to shown disgust and hatred between each other..YET I STILL saw chemistry. πŸ˜† They just clicked really nicely. And, I don't think it has anything to do with Hareem and Ali knowing each other from before..chemistry is either there or it isn't. Two people can hate each other offscreen, or not know anything about each other..yet hit off really well onscreen..Sanam and Mikaal have done another show together..they've even hosted together..but, there's nothing there between the two..and these two do have chemistry with some of their other costars, but I personally feel they don't work together as a pair at all here. Their romance is rather boring.

Even coming to Mikaal individually..I LOVE Mikaal! He's one of my favorites..and he's good as Behroz..some of his scenes with Ali were top notch..but even then, I'd say Ali is the better performer in this show. After watching 9 episodes, I'd say the performers amongst these 4 actors in my opinion have been like this : Ali > Hareem > Mikaal > Sanam Saeed

And, I like Maya and Osman together..so hopefully they don't let me together as a pair..but, Maya individually as been a letdown so far. In my opinion, she's the worst performer at this point in this show. Do you watch Mera Naam Yousuf Hai by the way? I was skeptical about how she was doing initially there, but damn...she only keeps getting better and better. And, I like Osman too from whatever bits I've seen of him so far.

Sohaib was honestly my favorite character in this show. He was adorable. I loved the contrasting natures of Sohaib and Behroz...Sohaib was such a pure soul and it was refreshing to see that here. Even with an obnoxious father and a selfish brother..he was such a wonderful person. I read a lot about him in this thread and I honestly didn't think I'd fall for him as much as some of you guys have..but I really loved Ali as Sohaib. I kind of don't want to continue the show anymore because Sohaib was the reason why I was watching it. πŸ˜†
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: starstruckk

No, I haven't...is it any good? which show's better..mohabbat ab nahi hogi or this one?

Both shows have different pace. MANH's story moves faster than Rishtey Kuch.. :)
starstruckk thumbnail
Originally posted by: RisingAsh

Both shows have different pace. MANH's story moves faster than Rishtey Kuch.. :)

does Ali Rehman have a lot of scenes in MANH?
starstruckk thumbnail
Guys, I actually went back to last year's Humtv awards to check out Ali Rehman's speech when he won best new sensation.

He's adorable!

someone cast him as a lead in a show!
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
^ yes he does. He is one of the main leads.
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Originally posted by: starstruckk

Guys, I actually went back to last year's Humtv awards to check out Ali Rehman's speech when he won best new sensation.

He's adorable!

someone cast him as a lead in a show!

Could u post the link to those awards please ? I would love to watch that πŸ˜³

N yeah , I think after his performance as Sohaib, he is definitely gonna be a lead soon.. Well, hope so.
starstruckk thumbnail

Could u post the link to those awards please ? I would love to watch that πŸ˜³

N yeah , I think after his performance as Sohaib, he is definitely gonna be a lead soon.. Well, hope so.

Ali Rehman accepts the award at around 59:41.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvqYHvKBxa8[/YOUTUBE]

I like his hair like that..and he looks better with the beard and moustache.  lol

And I hope he does get lead roles..he was one of the best things to have happened to DeD.

-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Thank u so much Star for the link.. He indeed looks adorable in that look.. He wears this look in MANH n I simply loved him.. His character is classy there.. ☺️ N he looks ravishing in that show.
starstruckk thumbnail

Thank u so much Star for the link.. He indeed looks adorable in that look.. He wears this look in MANH n I simply loved him.. His character is classy there.. ☺️ N he looks ravishing in that show.

does he have more scenes than Jibran, the other actor?

he was actually nominated for this show at this year's humtv awards.
Edited by starstruckk - 8 years ago