Other Star One Shows

News/Articles Related To Star One.. (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 19

aries_sakshi

IF-Rockerz

aries_sakshi

Posted: 06 July 2005 at 8:29am | IP Logged
"Opposites attract...and how!"

Yuvraj and Anvesha are in love! If you are a regular watcher of the Star One show, Remix, you should be jumping out of your seats.

Yuvi and Anvesha: let me tell you about a thing called love!

Don't be surprised, in a matter of a few weeks, the fighting, clawing twosome will fall head over heels in love with one another. But it is not as easy as it sounds. The storyline will take a turn when Yuvi, (Raj Singh Rathore) will suffer from selective amnesia...amnesia, that will make him remember everyone except his nemesis, Anevesha (Priya Wal). In this state of mind, Yuvi will fall in love with Anvesha...Perhaps, amnesia is the 'in' disease at the moment on television --- Sujal in Kahiin to Hoga, suffers from the same.

This is not all. Ranveer, aka Karan Wahi too will soon be in the news. He will soon be seen in a fight sequence with Arjun, a senior. Karan, according to Shrishti, the producer, works out daily and had no problems flexing his muscles.

Opposites attract...they fight and quarrel, yet they make lovely pairs...here are some of them...
Gauri and Hiten in Kutumb and Kyunki...
Iqbal Khan and Neha Bamb in Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai
Sumeet Sachdeva and Riva Babbar in Kyunki...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "News/Articles Related To Star One.. (Page 6)" in Other Star One Shows forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

aries_sakshi

IF-Rockerz

aries_sakshi

Posted: 08 July 2005 at 8:28am | IP Logged
The family man is in business again!

Sachin Tyagi, the brooding pony tailed don in Star One's Family Business is all set to be part of Zee's Tumhari Disha. Sachin will replace Sachin Sharma, who plays Vedant in the serial.

Sachin Tyagi: 'IN'

Sachin Sharma plays Krishna in Star Plus' Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii and Vansh in K Street, Palli Hill. His baby steps out of the Star parivaar didn't turn out to be a cakewalk!

Tyagi, who claims to have offers from all the major channels, believes to wait for an interesting role. "I don't want to do any role that comes my way. I will do something substantial only," said Tyagi, when we had contacted him couple of weeks back.

"I wanted to do it because it is a negative character and it is different," says Tyagi, who had to cut the conversation short because his shot was ready.

Tyagi, known to have rejected Swayam's character in Kahiin to Hoga, has an auto parts business, and the buzz is that he didn't take up Ekta's offer

Sachin Sharma: 'OUT'

because of money problems. But when we contacted the man, he said, "Money is never an issue with me. I have enough."

Tyagi, who is married with two girls, is known to be very close to The Band of Boys and is a trained singer. He has performed in many shows, both in India and abroad. He was supposed to come out with an album, a venture that did not meterialise.

Meanwhile, Family Business was supposedly denied an extension, while the channel maintains that it is merely a season break. Tyagi was recently spotted at the 1000th episode party of Balaji's Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. Will Star One lose its star?

Sachin Sharma was unavailable for comment.

aries_sakshi

IF-Rockerz

aries_sakshi

Posted: 08 July 2005 at 8:31am | IP Logged

Archies, Star One in talent hunt JV

NEW DELHI: Leading gifting and greeting company Archies has tied-up with Star One's The Great Indian Comedy Show , a nation-wide comedy talent hunt hosted by television actor Shekhar Suman and cricketer-turned-commentator Navjot Singh Sidhu.

As a part of this tie-up, Archies along with Star One has announced an interactive on-ground contest across its outlets with effect from July 1. To be eligible in this contest, one needs to fill the contest form answering a few simple questions about the show and narrating a joke through an Archies card.

Archies also has introduced a special range (68 designs) of wacky, fun cards branded as - Great Indian laughter cards, displayed in a special rack across its outlets. This contest is running across 402 Archies Outlets (Archies Galleries and Paper Rose Shoppes) across 139 cities.

Providing a platform for all Archies customers to prove their talent across all genres of humour, Archies has announced attractive gift hampers for the winners. Five winners will be announced every week, for the next four weeks.

Commenting on this association, Mr Pramod Arora, Executive Director, Archies Ltd, said, "Reality shows are a firm feature of the entertainment landscape in the country, providing an apposite opportunity to young aspirers to express a kaleidoscope of emotions. Through this tie up and on-ground contest, Archies aims to provide an opportunity to its customers to express their wit and humor."

aries_sakshi

IF-Rockerz

aries_sakshi

Posted: 09 July 2005 at 8:31am | IP Logged
Star One launching game show 'Super Sale' 15 August

By SONALI KRISHNA
Indiantelevision.com Team

(8 July 2005 11:00 pm)

MUMBAI: Looks like it's going to be raining game shows on the Star network in August. As Star Plus readies to welcome the big daddy of them all KBC 2, sister channel Star One is also preparing for the launch of its Super Sale on 15 August.

Super Sale is the Indian adaptation of an old Fremantle format that originated in Australia titled Sale of the Century.

Super Sale will also mark the return of popular television host Sajid Khan to Star Plus after a gap of over five years. Khan used to host a show Sajid No. 1 in the pre-KBC era of Plus.

The game show is being produced by Fremantle, which is slowly remarking its territory as a production house in India

Super Sale is being slotted at 7:30 pm as a lead-in to Star One's popular Remix, a one-hour daily that airs from 8-9 pm Monday-Thursday. Currently the slot is occupied by animation series Aflatoons.

Says Star One programming head Ravi Menon, "Internationally, Sale of the Century has always been positioned in a comfortable slot.The Australian series took a serious mode to the quiz show, while the British version (aired on Sky, 1989-1991) took on a more fun persona. Star One has decided to adopt the British style."

Menon added that Super Sale would be used to broadbase Star One's viewership by getting in a the SEC B TG, hence acting as a good funnel for Remix.

The structure of the original Sale of the Century is that it consists of three rounds in which three contestants compete for the right to buy luxury prizes at low prices. The show's USP is that it is a successful blend of general knowledge, luck and handsome prizes.

aries_sakshi

IF-Rockerz

aries_sakshi

Posted: 12 July 2005 at 8:58am | IP Logged
Manini spoofs 'Just Pooja'

The makers of The Great Indian Comedy Show have been spoofing every possible genre of entertainment on Star One. Tonight will be the turn of Zoom's celeb anchor Pooja Bedi who hosts the chat show Just Pooja.

Watch me on trust Pooja
Manini Mihir Misra, well Manini De for those who know Jassi's Pari, plays Pooja tonight on Star One in a short spoof on the show called Trust Pooja where she interviews the very hot Katrina Kaif (played by Sonali Rai Kakkar).

The usually peppy Manini didn't seem to be satisfied with the spoof entirely. "I don't watch the show on Zoom all that much, so I wasn't very clear on the style it had to be portrayed in.

Oye bubbly: Manini De

Although everyone back at the show were quite satisfied with it!" she quips. She however enjoys work on The Great Indian...and feels that it's a great gift to the genre of comedy.

Ask her what she has to say about the pretty Pooja Bedi and this bubbly lady raves, " I think no one has style like Pooja. She oozes oomph! Her dress sense and her presence on the show definitely set the screen on fire! Her personality is one that 's quite hard to ape. Although you can't call her the typical host, there's something about her that's just too unique!"

Seems like Manini is really impressed with Pooja Bedi. Pooja, are you listening?

aries_sakshi

IF-Rockerz

aries_sakshi

Posted: 14 July 2005 at 9:09am | IP Logged

End of journey for 'Pyar Ki Kashti..'

Star One's Pyar Ki Kashti Mein comes to the end of its bitter sweet journey on the shores of Singapore, as the protagonists tie the knot in a high voltage drama. The grand finale of the show will be shot in the Singapore Zoo with two weddings, we hear.

Pyar Ki Kashti Mein....dropping anchor soon

The cast and crew of Pyar Ki Kashti Mein left for the last 12 day leg of the shoot over last weekend. The 39 episode serial comes to an end after that. The first Indian soap aboard a cruise liner, Pyar Ki.... was part of the first bunch of shows to start with the launch of Star One, and will be among the first to exit the channel.

As far as we know, these will be land episodes, in which DC, the local media baron, gets married to Achint Kaur, who plays Divya. This is the wedding that's likely to be shot in the Singapore zoo, a favourite location for marriages!

The story which unfolds on the decks of a cruise ship is a unique concept that takes the viewers through the roller-coaster relationship between Avinash and Meenaxi. Avinash Mehrotra, played by Sachin Verma, is a self made man. Meenaxi, played by Sampada Vaze, on the other hand, is a romantic who is not afraid to speak her mind --- their clash is imminent and so is their final acceptance of love. The relationship develops as the two are guided by their parents into what we might call, an "arranged love marriage".

aries_sakshi

IF-Rockerz

aries_sakshi

Posted: 14 July 2005 at 9:09am | IP Logged
'Pyar Ki Kashti Mein' sails away in style!

Star One's Pyar Ki Kashti... bid au revoir with a small, yet well attended party

The cake ushers in the end!
at the Hyatt Regency in Mumbai this Sunday. In attendance were Star One's programming head Ravi Menon, Hummingbirds productions' Laxmi Venkat and Vivek Mehta, who hosted the party to celebrate the successful completion of the show.

It was a party unlike any television party - the cast and the crew were the only invitees and it felt more like a family reunion! Shutterbugs were off limits as were prying journos.

Male lead Sachin Verma looked as if he was still

Sachin Verma: having his fill!

shooting for the show! Looking as serious and brooding as the character he plays, Sachin was quite content to stand in a cosy corner and watch the meery proceedings as the rest of the ship's crew huddled around the celebratory cake and sang the title sequence.

"That is one reason why I loved playing Abhi. He is so much like me," says Sachin with a laugh when we
quizzed him why he chose to stay in the background.

Not so with the female lead, Sampada Vaze, who unlike her on screen was looking quite....'hot'!

Sampada Vaze: look at me!

The cast had a blast chatting with one another and it was nice to see so much of cameraderie all around. For those who have not followed the show, Pyar Ki Kashti...was a show that was shot on a cruise liner and was about a couple who fell in love after a bout of rivalry. This is a love story that comes straight out of a romantic novel --- a handsome couple, the nuances of their characters and the misunderstandings and the silly nothings that go with being a part of a relationship.

Anyways, TC regulars would know that we had already talked about the exit long time back!

aries_sakshi

IF-Rockerz

aries_sakshi

Posted: 15 July 2005 at 10:24am | IP Logged
VIKRAM ACHARYA - From Dil Kya Chahta Hai

Brief Introduction: My name is Vikram Acharya. I love life and people, full of life. Humour is my forte. I love music and I am also a big time film buff. Driving is another passion of mine.

Birth Sign: Libra.

Superstitions: Forget it... I am very superstitious about even mentioning it.

Happiest Moment: When I bought my very own bike, (a Bajaj Caliber); I was so proud of myself.

Most Embarrassing Moment: I was at this function in a college as the chief guest. After the function, the principal came on stage to give me a bouquet of flowers. I sneezed on his face and something flew on to his specs! Everyone was laughing hard.

Favorite Movie: Memento and Shawshank Redemption

Favourite Actor: Morgan Freeman and Russell Crowe.

Favourite Attire: Blue denims and a white T-shirt with sport shoes.

Favourite Romantic Getaway:
The place I go to is very isolated and untouched. If I mention it, it will no longer be the same.

Dream Role: Would love to be James bond!

Most difficult nuance in my character:
None! As I said earlier, the character I play on screen is very similar to who I am in real life. So how can anything be difficult?

What do people like most about your character?
I don't know. People should tell me. I never fish for compliments. The most common thing I have heard is that 'I am cute', but that is very general.

Your favourite scene so farů
There are too many, but I love the scene in the baby episode where Nitin and I loose the baby and we go looking for it. That was really funny!

Your Inspiration: Every good person I come across, inspires me. It would take me ages to list all the names.

Relate a funny incident on the show:
We were shooting this one scene where I had to remove a coin from my pants. My pants were so tight that when I put my hand in, they got stuck inside as I had rings on all five fingers. And even after we cut the scene, the hand just wouldn't come out!

Dil Kya Chahta Hai for you is: My life! I have never loved any other show as much as this one.

Some words on STAR One: It is the only channel today, which has broken the play-it-safe concept followed by other channels. It has changed programming completely! No other channels has introduced shows like these.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top