Other Star One Shows

News/Articles Related To Star One.. (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 19

aries_sakshi

IF-Rockerz

aries_sakshi

Posted: 18 June 2005 at 7:46am | IP Logged

PRO-FILE

Sumit Raghavan who acts in Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai on Star One
Nitin Joshi
For some years now Sumit Raghavan has been undertaking a very difficult task. Making people laugh. And most of the times he's succeeded. From Faster Fene way back in 1986 to Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai now on Star One his has been one comic act after another. Talented Sumit understands comedy so well, he knows it's serious business. And to say he is the soul of Sarabhai... wherein he plays Dr Saahil, would be no exaggeration. Alongside stalwarts of comedy like Satish Shah and Ratna Pathak, he stands out for his timing and performance. Although he immensely enjoys what he does, it seems like he's taken a vow only to act in sitcoms. ''No, it's not like that. But I don't know. There are no offers for serious roles. May be I should change my look or something then probably people will take me in serious roles,'' he laughs. Sarabhai is one of the shows you really must watch on Star One. Directed by actor
Nitin JoshiAdvertisement
< = src="http://ads.expressindia.com/banner/iestoryban.js">
Deven Bhojani ''it has Dr Saahil as the only sane person in the family of Sarabhais. He is a sweet guy,'' says the actor. He plays perfect son to Satish Shah and Ratna Pathak', perfect husband to Rupali Ganguly. He is this rich guy married to this middle class girl. ''He is also the agony uncle,'' adds Sumit. ''Saahil is very different from what I am. So it's a challenge and that's what makes it.'' Must be a great experience working with the likes of Satish and Ratna although Sumit does not seem cowed in their company — the cast seems like a well-knit, ordinary, crazy family. ''That's because we all get so well and the characterization has been done perfectly. We have a great time on the sets. We have so much of masti and fun with Satishji and Ratnaji in spite of they being so senior,'' says Sumit who thinks the USP of the show is its script and gives credit writer Aatish Kapadia and Bhojani for his direction. ''The script is the main force. We don't do anything extra but deliver our lines and that's it,'' insists Sumit. However, modesty apart, the actor believes in subtle humour and you can see that in his performance. Sumit appears in a number of all campaigns and commercials — McDonalds, ICICI Bank, Bajaj Scooter, Samsung. ''I must have done about hundred,'' he hazards. You also see him on stage in a Gujrathi play called Bapu Tame Kamaal Kariye along with his Shubh Mangal Savdhan co-actors Dilip Joshi and Amit Mistry. On television, it's just one show at a time for the actor. ''That's how it's always worked for me. That is how I operate. That is the only way to sustain a performance. Less work, quality work. And I am happy with one good show,'' he states.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "News/Articles Related To Star One.. (Page 3)" in Other Star One Shows forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

aries_sakshi

IF-Rockerz

aries_sakshi

Posted: 18 June 2005 at 7:48am | IP Logged
Laugh out loud
Navjyot Sidhu, Perizaad Kolah and Shekhar Suman in The Great Indian Laughter Challenge

Give your vocal chords some rest. Kick off those dancing shoes. It's time to laugh your way to stardom. The Great Indian Laughter Challenge, the new talent hunt on STAR One, is all about the search for fresh comic talent to help churn out television software aplenty.

"We have an 11 pm show every night called The Great Indian Comedy Show," says Ravi Menon, head of programming of STAR One. "We suddenly realised that apart from the likes of Javed Jaffery, Sajid Khan and Shekhar Suman we were struggling to find comic talent for our daily programme. So the show resulted from our actual need. We, of course, made sure that this process of scouting talent and creating a bank of comedians was made hugely entertaining."

So the phone lines were thrown open for all those who wanted to make people laugh. More than 200,000 calls came in, from Bengal to Bareilly, Kerala to Kolapur. And 50 were shortlisted to flaunt their funny bone in front of the two judges, Shekhar Suman and Navjyot Singh Sidhu, with the pretty Perizaad Kolah as the host.

While Sidhuisms on the show will be as regular as Sourav's low scores, the spotlight will be on raw talent during the hour-long programme. The Sherryspeak for The Great Indian Laughter Challenge: "Comedy kuyein ki tarah haihar kuyein ka pani ka swad alag hota hai."

But the star attraction of the show will be the funniest of them all, Johnny Lever, who will walk in as a guest in one of the final episodes.

"Stand-up comedy has never been encouraged here in India before," Lever tells Metro. "In the US, stand-up comedy is a rage. It is so different from film comedy, from the comedy that happens in front of the camera. It's really encouraging that something like this is happening on Indian television."

For Lever, the key lies in observation. "To be a good stand-up comedian, you have to watch others very closely, their actions, their body language," he says. "Comedy can happen out of mimicry, out of different languages, even out of sound effects. But the toughest thing is to be original. You have to start creating funny items after you have finished copying other comedians."

For the winner of The Great Indian Laughter Challenge, to be called Laughter King, STAR One is planning a separate comedy show. "I think more than monetary prizes, this kind of exposure for someone from, say, a small town is much more worthwhile. Not only the winner, we are also planning to use the final 10 contestants in our shows," says Menon.

The small-screen laugh riot premieres on Friday on STAR One at 10 pm. Keep laughing.

aries_sakshi

IF-Rockerz

aries_sakshi

Posted: 18 June 2005 at 7:49am | IP Logged
Ask a star: Raj Singh Arora

Raj Singh Arora
This week's Ask A Star is Yuvi (Raj Singh Arora) from the Star One daily Remix. He answers questions sent in by the hitList readers….

What was your initial reaction when you first saw Ashi (Priya Wal), your co-star, who is taller than you? Were you comfortable with the idea of having a taller co-star? — Amrita Pandit

Dear Amrita,
Her height was never an issue. I was perfectly chilled out about the fact that she is taller than me.

Who is your favourite character in Remix?
—- Sanaa Shaikh

Dear Sanaa,
My favourite character in Remix is my roommate Nakku (Habib). He is such a cool dude.

I think Remix is a rocking show and you guys performed brilliantly at the recent Star Parivaar awards. Do you identify with your character Yuvi and are you as passionate about music in real life?
—- Lipika Mitra

Dear Lipika,
I don't identify with my character as I am not a rich, spoilt brat, nor am I the son of a politician. The only aspect of Yuvi's character I identify with is his passion for music. I was a VJ with Zee Music, and I am heavily into music. I not only listen but read a lot about music too.

What is the similarity between your life and the character of Yuvi that you play? Also, do we hope to see you in any other show?
Karishma Kakar

Dear Karishma,
After playing Yuvi for all these months, a certain part of Yuvi has seeped into me and a certain bit of Raj has seeped into Yuvi. The love for music is the single biggest common factor. At the moment, it is only Remix for me as there is no time to take on another show as well as to maintain exclusivity.

If not an actor, what would you be?
Shruti

Dear Shruti,
I would be definitely related to the entertainment world. If not an actor, I would have been maybe a director or something to do with showbiz.

Are you interested in doing films? I feel you are a complete gentleman and very handsome.
—- Manali

Dear Manali,
Thanks for the compliment. I would be definitely interested in films but I know I don't have the conventional looks of a Bollywood actor. I would be interested in doing character roles.

You Remix guys remind me of my good old college days. Is there a music album of Remix?
—- Steve

Dear Steve,
I am happy to know that Remix reminds you of your college days. There is a music album of Remix which will be available in stores soon.

Did you grown your hair long specially for Remix or did you always have long hair?
—- Shilpa

Dear Shilpa,
I have always had long hair; it is just that for the show it was styled in a more contemporary, retro look. My long hair influence comes form my idol musician Jim Morrison. Now I think my hairstyle is a cross between Alexander and Morrison!

In Remix, Anvesha (Priya Wal) says 'Duh'. What does it mean? I saw you in a music video. Have you stopped doing it?
—- Swapna

Dear Swapna,
'Duh' is Avesha's way of exclaiming what the hell do you mean? I had done the Aar Par music video earlier. Now, of course, I have to maintain the exclusivity for Remix. 

Does the on-screen chemistry with Anvesha translate into real life?
Prabhakar and Neha 

Dear Prabhakar and Neha,
That's an interesting question. Both of us are professionals and enjoy playing our characters. In a lot of respects, our on-screen chemistry is because of the cool rapport we have off-screen.

aries_sakshi

IF-Rockerz

aries_sakshi

Posted: 20 June 2005 at 8:49am | IP Logged
There's a soap in my video
Monday June 20 2005 10:36 IST

MUMBAI: When Armaan and Jassi finally declared their love for each other, the producers at Sony Television decided to create a soundtrack to mark the momentous event.

So, Indian Idol Abhijeet Sawant crooned a love theme. Being a product of the channel, he was easy to get and paved the way for the ideal cross-promotional strategy. A video of the track and a full-length album of Jassi songs are in the works.

Rival Star Plus has been using music videos to boost their shows' visibility for some time now. First came Remix—the video for the theme from the high school dramedy that centers around four boarding school kids, who just happen to have their own band. The idea was inspired by "underground rock bands at colleges like IIT," says producer Shristi Arya. "Unlike other soaps that feature item numbers, the songs are actually performed by the cast and take the narrative forward," she says. The producers have shot four more videos. The latest, Mast Mast, is currently on air on Channel [V]. The next couple of months will see Dil Ki Yeh Dadhkan and Love Station, a Bappi Lahiri retro-disco tune, hitting our screens.

Star Plus also felt that a music video was the key to building curiosity for their prime time tale of an orphaned girl, Miilee. "Music was the best way to convey the freshness and happy-go-lucky attitude of the character," says Shailja Kejriwal, creative director, Star Plus.

The Sound of Music inspired theme helped the daily soap to make its mark. "We're going to introduce a new song in the show every few months," she adds. Coming soon are videos from two of Zee TV's new shows, Raba Ishq Na Hove and Kasshish. While the title track for Aroona Irani's new daily has been sung by Sukhwinder Singh, Jeevan Kya Hai is the Jagjit Singh track that will soon be seen on Zee. "It's one of a series of ghazals Singh has rendered for the soap," says Ashwini Yardi, the programming head at Zee.

Thanks to the availability of an in-house team for production and a sister channel ready to air them ad naseum, music videos are gaining ground as the new promotional weapon of the daily soap.

aries_sakshi

IF-Rockerz

aries_sakshi

Posted: 20 June 2005 at 8:51am | IP Logged

TELE EXPRESS

There's a soap in my video

After makeovers, music videos are the next fad in TV serials

Amit Gurbaxani

Mumbai, June 19: WHEN Armaan and Jassi finally declared their love for each other, the producers at Sony Television decided to create a soundtrack to mark the momentous event. So, Indian Idol Abhijeet Sawant crooned a love theme. Being a product of the channel, he was easy to get and paved the way for the ideal cross-promotional strategy. A video of the track and a full-length album of Jassi songs are in the works.

Rival Star Plus has been using music videos to boost their shows' visibility for some time now. First came Remix—the video for the theme from the high school dramedy that centers around four boarding school kids, who just happen to have their own band. The idea was inspired by ''underground rock bands at colleges like IIT,'' says producer Shristi Arya.

BrideGroom
18-2526-3031-3536-4546-5099-50

''Unlike other soaps that feature item numbers, the songs are actually performed by the cast and take the narrative forward,'' she says. The producers have shot four more videos. The latest, Mast Mast, is currently on air on Channel [V]. The next couple of months will see Dil Ki Yeh Dadhkan and Love Station, a Bappi Lahiri retro-disco tune, hitting our screens.

Star Plus also felt that a music video was the key to building curiosity for their prime time tale of an orphaned girl, Miilee. ''Music was the best way to convey the freshness and happy-go-lucky attitude of the character,'' says Shailja Kejriwal, creative director, Star Plus.

The Sound of Music inspired theme helped the daily soap to make its mark. ''We're going to introduce a new song in the show every few months,'' she adds. Coming soon are videos from two of Zee TV's new shows, Raba Ishq Na Hove and Kasshish. While the title track for Aroona Irani's new daily has been sung by Sukhwinder Singh, Jeevan Kya Hai is the Jagjit Singh track that will soon be seen on Zee. ''It's one of a series of ghazals Singh has rendered for the soap,'' says Ashwini Yardi, the programming head at Zee.

Thanks to the availability of an in-house team for production and a sister channel ready to air them ad naseum, music videos are gaining ground as the new promotional weapon of the daily soap.

aries_sakshi

IF-Rockerz

aries_sakshi

Posted: 20 June 2005 at 8:51am | IP Logged
Watch out for Games Bond
STAR One is launched the most unique and clutter-breaking show Games Bond from June 17 at 8.30 pm.

Games Bond is an interesting format set in a virtually real ambience of a war-field as teams of five gaming champs who take on each other in a video gaming encounter.

One team plays the cops and the other team plays the terrorists as they try and gun down each other in an adventurous battle. Hosted by Rahul Dev, the show combines the drama and action from the participants intercut with full-screen video game footage. The team that emerges as the victor at the end of the series is crowned India's Games Bond.

HUMM

IF-Dazzler

HUMM

Posted: 20 June 2005 at 9:30am | IP Logged

Anjan Srivastav, who has in the past, been part of such path-breaking serials like Tamas, Nukkad, Alpviram, and Wagle Ki Duniya will now be seen in Star One's Siddhanth.

Anjan Srivastava: turns negative in Siddhanth

"I am playing a negative character and it is a very realistic role and I thoroughly enjoyed doing it," says this actor, who symbolized RK Laxman's common man over a decade ago on the telly .

When we ask him why he took such a long time to return to the small screen, he says, "Agar naye logo se kaam chal jata hai to Anjan ki kya zaroorat hai? (If the new faces can do the job, then why look for people like me). I can't do things just for the money, I need to do good

Mr Wagle as Mr Chand in a scene from Siddanth

work...you know, there has to be some intensity in the character and a certain atmosphere to work in. If Kundan Shah calls me for some work, I am ready to do it, because I am sure it will be quality," points out this veteran actor.

Why Siddhanth, we ask. "It is very realistic and more so, I like the script, the director and the technical aspect. You know there should be something for me in the script, I can't be there just for the sake of it!" says Anjan, who still performs for IPTA.

Meanwhile, Anjan will play Manish Chand, the owner of Shudh, a private company that supplied contaminated water at an inter-school football competition. The forthcoming episode of Siddhanth will show the dynamic lawyer fight against the water mafia.

aries_sakshi

IF-Rockerz

aries_sakshi

Posted: 21 June 2005 at 8:18am | IP Logged
Rahul Dev in Games Bond: Shaken and stirred

For video game freaks, there's finally something on Indian television. Games Bond, India's first gaming championship show, premiered on STAR One on Friday, June 17 and will be telecast on 12 more Fridays at 8.30 pm.

Set in a "virtually real ambience of a war-field", Games Bond will feature two teams with five gaming champs each in a video gaming encounter. The winning team will go on to represent India in the World CPL Gaming Championships to be held in the US.

The gaming show also features model-turned-actor Rahul Dev in an all-new avatar of a television anchor for the first time.

The show is also high on the tech factor with a lot of graphics being used to provide the "real look and feel". The first season would be only on the theme of military combat with broken water pipes and run-down walls used to give the War Zone and Underground aura to the gaming environment. As the game is played, the "picture in picture" along with the reaction shots help capture the intensity of the game continuously.

At the launch of Games Bond, Ravi Menon, head of programming of STAR One, said: "This show is another attempt from us to provide differential programming. Gaming is the most popular usage category for the PC after e-mail and word processing. Many countries are already witnessing exponential growth patterns in the gaming space. Now it's India's time to be exposed to world-class gaming."

Post Reply New Post

Go to top