Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fan_forever thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Chapter 1 (a) - GRUMPY GOLU'

"Shit," I mumbled to myself. I knew the moment I woke up this morning that my day was going to suck. Sitting in my car, I tried to peer around the huge SUV in front of me. What the hell is the problem? I had been stuck in the same spot on this forsaken freeway for ten minutes now.

And that was ten minutes more than I had.

I looked at the clock again. Shit.

I sighed and glanced out the window, my eyes meeting those of the driver next to me. The forty something man flashed me a creepy smile and mouthed the word nice', Ew. Why did men have to be such pigs? I leaned my head back on the seat and let out a long sigh, thinking back on the debacle that had begun my day.

I had woken to the blaring sound of My Chemical Romance playing through the speakers of my alarm clock. I moaned, burying my head in my pillow, and reached over to fumble with the controls.

But the sound didn't quiet, it got louder.

What the hell? I leaned farther to pull the cord out of the wall, and fell out of bed.

Unfortunately, the clock and everything else on my nightstand table came tumbling with me.

Oh no! My Blackberry! My now empty glass of water lay next to my sopping wet phone. Panic started to set in as I held the dripping phone in my hand. I was dead.

My whole life and Mr. Kapoor's entire schedule was in this thing. I took a deep breath, willing myself to calm down.

Maybe it would dry out and be fine, I told myself . Yea right. Because water and expensive electronic devices go so well together.

I silently prayed that I had remembered to back it up before leaving last night. But after remembering the day that I had yesterday, I was almost positive I'd forgotten. My boss, Ram Kapoor, had been in a particularly nasty mood, and had spent the majority of his day barking out orders and slamming his door.

The man was a first class jerk. He had taken over for my previous boss nine months earlier, and was just as big a pig now as he was the day he started. Usually it didn't bother me, I hadn't gotten where I was by having thin skin.

But that day I had been wearing my brand new Michael Kors dress, a huge shopping splurge and was feeling particularly good about myself. His tantrum had me ready to hire a hit man by the time six o'clock came around.

I sighed when I realized that I would have to spend my lunch hour getting a new phone. Great. I somehow managed to pull myself out of my internal rambling and get myself ready for the day. Of course the coffee maker died, and my keys had fallen into the couch cushion, but somehow, I managed to make it to my car only running a few minutes behind. That was of course until the accident.

It took almost an hour for me to finally make it past the wreck that was blocking three lanes of traffic, condensing the entire freeway down to one. And by the time I made it to the office, I was officially an hour late. Normally I would have called, but my phone was still at home, lying in a pile of water and tear soaked paper towels at the bottom of my bathroom garbage.

I knew I was going to get shit for this, even though I prided myself on always being at least fifteen minutes early for work, and had never been late once. Until today. Just because he was that much of an jerkface.

Mr. Ram Kapoor. I rolled my eyes as the name passed through my thoughts; I couldn't stand the man.

He was the most self-righteous, pompous jerk I had ever met in my life. I'd listen to all of the other women in the office whisper and giggle about him because even I had to admit, he was drop-dead gorgeous. But if you had any common sense, you realized early in life that beauty is only skin deep, and ugly goes straight to the bone. I'd had my fair share of unpleasant men in the past few years; dated a few in high school and college. But this one took the cake.

Grumpy Golu'.

"Well, well, Ms. Sharma, and what time is it in your little world today?" he asked in a condescending tone
For remaining part read rayaforever
Edited by fan_forever - 8 years ago
contactcharu thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
nice
pls continue soon
ishtikap thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
very different story.. Please continue soon..
Prabina057 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Very nyc part. Plz continue soon
Sakshiashu thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Different story.
Nice update. Continue soon.
LovingRaYa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
It was simply wow I very much loved it
So acc to Ms sharma her boos Mr Ram kapoor is rude arrogant and whatever as he always behind her to irritate her but it was interesting that she is fashionable but want to know the name of Ms sharma who think like that about her boss. Continue soon dear
DevajaniG thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
intrstng n lvly stry...continue soon.
Cute_Saakshii12 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Superb update!!
Continue soon!!
Mitwaa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail