Posted: 8 years ago
http://www.ibnlive.com/news/india/maggi-may-face-ban-in-up-as-samples-detect-high-levels-of-msg-lead-994201.html
"The popular Maggi noodles may lose its license and be banned in Uttar Pradesh. The decision is likely to be taken after monosodium glutamate or MSG and lead were found beyond permissible limits in Maggi samples.

The Uttar Pradesh Food Safety and Drug Administration department will soon start prosecution proceedings against Nestle which manufactures Maggi. The Assistant Commissioner of Food Safety in Uttar Pradesh said that the samples were tested in a Kolkata lab and showed added MSG and lead."

Are the liberals going to stand up for the rights of those unfortunate souls who want to stuff themselves with such junk?

No wonder then that foreigners in India never eat KFC chicken wings which are exported wholesale from the US. They only ever eat chicken breasts because the wings are injected with all sorts of chemicals.

The ban doesn't effect me much cos i was already allergic to Maggi (felt nauseating whenever i ate it).Good.And this ban nothing related to moral policing so i don't see why should the liberals want the ban to be dropped.
they provide more  lead and don't charge extra... thats cheap!!!😆
Nothing's gonna happen...With in few days Govt. remove the bann & they will come back...but the good thing is that we are now immune to those adulterate food and still surviving...Our Indian UPMA,IDLI, DOSA,Chapti are much more better than this maggie😃

😛After China visit
Edited by -Believe- - 8 years ago
the ban was very much needed. processed unhealthy food with so much of starch.
Originally posted by qwertyesque

they provide more  lead and don't charge extra... thats cheap!!!😆

Haha. Stuff yourself with it so you don't fall short of much needed lead. 
Now Madhuri dixit gets FDA notice for her Magi ad promoting Magi noodles as nutritious food . Is magi the only brand with zinc excess and MSG? Have other brands been tested and cleared or have they been ignored ðŸ¤“
Now they're zeroing on in Kurkure, which was anyway rumoured a few years ago to contain plastic bits. PepsiCo India have to brace themselves now. Also Lays.Edited by krystal_watz - 8 years ago
Originally posted by krystal_watz

Now they're zeroing on in Kurkure, which was anyway rumoured a few years ago to contain plastic bits. PepsiCo India have to brace themselves now. Also Lays.

You is right. 
Kellogs also I think. I love meself some cornflakes for brekkie, maggi for lunch. f**king hate the govt. But also thank you to govt for GMOs. I <3 GMOs. They are the best. Can't wait for them to come out. Thank God for ze scientists who invented them. Nature is such a fail. *smh.

So it is high in salt, lead and msg etc !

Its still sold in Singapore though along with a lot of other rubbish brands.
Japanese put MSG in everything, I guess they are immune to it.