Hamza ok to work in Bollywood - Page 5

Posted: 8 years ago
Meekal has worked in bollywood movie U R My Jaan, it was probably low grade so many people don't know 
Originally posted by starstruckk

Didn't Hamza just say something else recently about working Bollywood?

From his open letter on gay marriage:

If i was saying all this to get attention, Alhamdulillah i have plenty of it already and i am happy with it but if i wanted even more, i would have gone to Bollywood instead, which i will never ever do.

Apparently, he'll never ever work in Bollywood?

He doesn't believe he will be working in BW. But not because he is against it. He firmly believes he wont get offered the kind of role he think he or other Pak actors deserve based on their work at home. That's what he has been saying for a long time. People pick and choose what they want to believe. Fine, take it as him saying he will never work in BW. I have no prob with it because I really think he never will.

I am at work and cant give this thread anymore time. His words are usually taken into different directions and that's because he utters a lot of them, needlessly. Chalo stick to the belief that he says he'll never work in BW. Let's wait for him to sign one and then we can open another thread and call him a hypocrite.
Lol. Looks like the entire Pakistan tv industry for approached for Baby.  
Every other day some new actor talks about how he was approached and how 'politely' he declined. 

Im starting to get tired of these hypocrites. And these snotty remarks about not getting 'big' enough roles. If you dont wanna do it,dont. Stop complaining. Its not like its bollywood's duty to give you main roles in big PHs. 

I always said talent should not be restricted by boundaries and actors from all across the world should feel welcome in bollywood,but to the hypocrites  all I want to say is that "Its bollywood. Its the Indian Film Industry. Indians should by default will come first,if you even as much as get a chance,consider urself lucky.  "

Anyway after watching Pyaare Afzal,I can tell Hamza is a good actor. I'll give him that. But he's yet another of those actors I dislike offscreen. 

Originally posted by Emmjay

Acha, the HUM awards show was scripted. So even if Mekaal played "Karan Dheela", a derogatory name in itself for obvious reasons, it is scripted. But if Hamza works in a movie with girls in bikini because it was the demand of the script and producer/director, he is a hypocrite.

You can argue people like Fawad, Mahira etc are hypocrites because they laughed on those jokes. But then again, it is common knowledge that laughter/applause are usually dubbed over a show. They are not even in sequence. Biggest example is the last HUM awards where Fawad showed up halfway through the show and they showed him arriving and sitting in the beginning when they telecast it on tv. Whereas, Mekaal's dialogs were not dubbed over his face. He said them. And even if Hamza laughed, why is he a hypocrite? Has he worked in a BW movie yet?

About his filmography, wikipedia is your best friend. I actually just found out he has worked in more movies C grade movies.

About the show itself and Mekaal's other comments, again, Youtube is your best friend. Whole show is there.

@ bold: Not unless you were there to see who actually was laughing and who wasn't, how can you be so sure that none of them ACTUALLY laughed? ðŸ˜†..whether or not it was captured on camera is not the point. The camera doesn't capture everything.  I'm not talking about the laughter or applause that is dubbed..I'm talking about them personally laughing while sitting in their seats like any normal person would if they heard a joke and possibly found it funny? And by your logic, everyone sitting in that room can be termed as a hypocrite. Humtv's producers, the actors and actresses that dance on Bollywood songs at Humtv, the actors and actresses that are currently taking part in Bollywood etc. Even the viewers. Does Hamza not watch Bollywood movies like everyone else here and there? I'd say by your logic, anyone who watches Bollywood movies and dared to laugh at a scripted joke is hypocritical. We all watch or have watched Karan's movies. And, sure Hamza's JPNA's script demanded him to be around bikini girls with him shirtless. Fair enough, but that's not why people were after him. People were after him because he felt the need to criticize actresses who took part in item numbers, their dressing etc..and then went ahead and did the same thing himself - THAT is hypocritical. You can twist it around in any way possible, but it doesn't change what exactly happened. If you're going to express your views on others, then assess yourself as well..and if you haven't , then get ready for others to do that for you.

Also, I'm very well aware about Mikaal's bollywood movie...but you do know that it was released back in 2011 and Mikaal was working on it around 2009-2010? You're making it seem like he did a Bollywood movie around 2014, which then tanked (as that is when Mikaal and Vasay cracked this joke on Humtv awards)...came back to Pakistan and took out his anger through a scripted joke? So that apparently was vengeance for a C grade movie he took part in 5 years ago? What does his movie from years ago have anything to do with what you're saying here? lol.. By the way, Mikaal could've well been on board for Baby around the time he hosted Humtv awards. Do you know when he signed Baby to be exact? If you're going to talk about years ago, then perhaps we can take into consideration that Mikaal may have just been on board with Baby WHILE he was hosting these humtv awards. So then what correlation would you make about his intentions?

And, I actually don't have time to youtube a show that lasted three hours just to find out if there were any other scripted jokes that Mikaal or Vasay cracked. If there was anything else that stood out... I'm sure you would've mentioned it by now. And if not you, someone else on social media would have..but none of that happened.

He doesn't believe he will be working in BW. But not because he is against it. He firmly believes he wont get offered the kind of role he think he or other Pak actors deserve based on their work at home. That's what he has been saying for a long time. People pick and choose what they want to believe. Fine, take it as him saying he will never work in BW. I have no prob with it because I really think he never will.

I am at work and cant give this thread anymore time. His words are usually taken into different directions and that's because he utters a lot of them, needlessly. Chalo stick to the belief that he says he'll never work in BW. Let's wait for him to sign one and then we can open another thread and call him a hypocrite.

I never said anything about what I'm choosing to believe here. I simply pointed out WHAT Hamza recently said. I don't know if others have realized this or not..but you don't really have to pick and choose anything with what Hamza says. He says things pretty clearly himself. He himself said one thing a few months ago about working in Bollywood and in his open letter recently, he said something else. No one made anything up on their own. Just pinpointed how he once again contradicted himself on surface value.

And by the way, I like Hamza...just because I've criticized the things he says does not mean I don't like him. I think he's a good actor and I like his passion for Pakistan. It's something that I've never seen any Pakistani actor do, and I honestly like it. I said this to you before, I've followed a lot of his video interviews ...and I've loved hearing the things he has had to say. A year or two ago I even said here (I made a thread actually) that I love Hamza for interacting with his fans on facebook..for his stance on PTI/Imran Khan etc. It's refreshing and I like how he doesn't hesitate to say what is on his mind. If he can work in Pakistan and make his name huge amongst audiences everywhere ...I'd actually like that. He already is. My only problem like many others is the WAY he presents himself on social media. I find it disappointing actually. As I said this in another thread, I refuse to believe that all of this is genuine from Hamza's side. He can present his thoughts in a much better way especially since he's a celebrity. I've heard and seen him speak on television..and he does it way better. This is just unnecessary drama.

Acha, the HUM awards show was scripted. So even if Mekaal played "Karan Dheela", a derogatory name in itself for obvious reasons, it is scripted. But if Hamza works in a movie with girls in bikini because it was the demand of the script and producer/director, he is a hypocrite.

You can argue people like Fawad, Mahira etc are hypocrites because they laughed on those jokes. But then again, it is common knowledge that laughter/applause are usually dubbed over a show. They are not even in sequence. Biggest example is the last HUM awards where Fawad showed up halfway through the show and they showed him arriving and sitting in the beginning when they telecast it on tv. Whereas, Mekaal's dialogs were not dubbed over his face. He said them. And even if Hamza laughed, why is he a hypocrite? Has he worked in a BW movie yet?

About his filmography, wikipedia is your best friend. I actually just found out he has worked in more movies C grade movies.

About the show itself and Mekaal's other comments, again, Youtube is your best friend. Whole show is there.

Hypocrisy is the difference between what you say (i.e. your opinions) and your action. Meekal's analogy does not fit in your argument because there is a difference between personal opinion and scripted lines. People call Hamza a hypocrite because his opinions and his actions are different. His personal opinion is that he is against vulgarity including item numbers in the movies yet at the same time he is contributing in spreading vulgarity by being a part of a vulgar movie, he is acting in it right.

Now come to Meekal. Whatever is being said in Hum awards is not Meekal's opinion. It is a script. His job was to be the host of that show and he did that. Now if Meekal had expressed his views somewhere that ohh we shouldn't say anything against Indians and then he had hosted those awards then it would have been a different matter and we could say that yes he is a hypocrite but Meekal's opinion is nowhere involved here.

In simple words "difference in scripted performance and one's action is not equal to difference in one's personal opinion and one's action".

Having said all that I do not agree with Meekal working in the movie baby. I think he is a very good actor and shouldn't waste his talent in such movies.

Edited by 0o.Jaan-Jee.o0 - 8 years ago
Both acting and hosting are scripted jobs so if Hamza is wrong to do JPNA then Meekal was either wrong when he made those jokes or he was wrong when he did bollywood movies 
Originally posted by .FemmeFatale.

Lol. Looks like the entire Pakistan tv industry for approached for Baby.  
Every other day some new actor talks about how he was approached and how 'politely' he declined. 

Im starting to get tired of these hypocrites. And these snotty remarks about not getting 'big' enough roles. If you dont wanna do it,dont. Stop complaining. Its not like its bollywood's duty to give you main roles in big PHs. 

I always said talent should not be restricted by boundaries and actors from all across the world should feel welcome in bollywood,but to the hypocrites  all I want to say is that "Its bollywood. Its the Indian Film Industry. Indians should by default will come first,if you even as much as get a chance,consider urself lucky.  "

Anyway after watching Pyaare Afzal,I can tell Hamza is a good actor. I'll give him that. But he's yet another of those actors I dislike offscreen. 

Many of us also get sick and tired of this "high and mighty" attitude of some people that ohh we are doing an ehsaan on Pakistanis by casting them in our movies. It is an indian film industry and indians will get the first chance". We also get like "WTH did we ask you to hire us to work in your movies or did your mahesh bhat's and others came to Pakistan to hire our talent, did sanam s, mahia or fk approach indian film makers or they were approached by them". It is high time that people on both sides should understand that nobody is doing any ehsaan on anyone else here. It is a mutually beneficial relationship or SHOULD be. This is the same point of view I have got "that if you are not able to have the same level of benefit then what is the point. One should work somewhere where there is a high benefit", which translates into "our actors should work in a industry where they can get good roles" or when an actor says " I will work in a movie in which i have a good role". What is so wrong in expressing this opinion?

Edited by 0o.Jaan-Jee.o0 - 8 years ago
Originally posted by Raindrops.

Both acting and hosting are scripted jobs so if Hamza is wrong to do JPNA then Meekal was either wrong when he made those jokes or he was wrong when he did bollywood movies 

this makes no sense. lol

Is Hamza's facebook account also scripted? are his opinions also scripted?
Originally posted by starstruckk

this makes no sense. lol

Is Hamza's facebook account also scripted? are his opinions also scripted?

Seriously... this is so strange .. people are comparing "difference between Hamza's opinions (e.g. facebook statuses) with his action (scripted job in JPNA) with difference in Meekal's action (scripted job in Hum Awards) with his action (scripted job in indian movies)".  What? Where is Meekal's opinion here?