Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

BOMBAY VELVET BO collections and REVIEWS (Page 79)

cougarTown IF-Rockerz

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Hajmola.

Bombay Velvet Opens To Dull Collections
Friday 15 May 2015 12.00 IST
Box Office India Trade Network
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services

Bombay Velvet had a dull opening all over as it opened to collections of 15-20%. For such a big film the opening is a disaster. The only thing going for the film was Ranbir Kapoor but it has not worked as the audience gas just not come. It is probably due to the presentation as the opening is less than Roy where he had an extended guest role.

The film should improve collections irrespective of content as they can't go any lower but it's unlikely the film can survive a setback like this. 

The film has opened to poor figures in metros as well. You can't really make an urban niche film costing over 100 crore as this sort of investment needs a  20 crore nett day one or at least 15 crore nett at worst but here the film has not even opened at 10 crore pace.

Gayi bhens pani main. 

.FilmiDhun. IF-Dazzler

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BeingAnonymous

Hey Dinggle i just posted same review up :p

Sorry yaar.. didnt realise! They changed the tittle slightly so i thought its a different review.LOL

I will try editing it out.

Edited by dingle_hopper - 15 May 2015 at 3:37am
JungFrau IF-Dazzler

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:37am | IP Logged
Lol, it better has an opening bigger than piku!
KhanSinghKumar IF-Rockerz

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:46am | IP Logged
I feel so vindicated as a hated Ranbir fan in the forum that i called a spade, a spade right from the 1st trailer itself. The only thing i praised were the first poster and theme tune but there you cannot really judge whether Anurag has misguided the movie. I was always smiling at many of the fans who were quite exaggerating at everything about the movie and couldn't comprehend the criticisms at any point, what is funny is some are still floating in the sky.
Results in front of you fellas...

At this point, i would also like to settle my discussion with @rogerfederer LOLfew months back (hope u haven't forgotten) where we both agreed to wait for Bombay Velvet opening to declare ranbir's starpower. Hope it's clear now without ifs and buts. i was of the view that Besharam was one off miracle for Ranbir..similar to Gunday for Ranveer with regards to opening figures.
the young stars' opening day numbers r only as gud as their last film, then the weekend depends on WOM and reviews unlike Khans who have a built in fan base. So, no.. Ranbir doesn't have a 20 cr opening fanbase unless the previous movie worked or the new movie has a great buzz.

So, next time someone brags on my post- oh wait but Ranbir has a 20 cr opening on a flop film; you know yourself now what a stupid statement that is.

Saying this, am i disappointed? Yes, i am. I like both Anurag and Ranbir and i am never happy when an effort doesn't pay off, a lot of money will be lost here...BUT i was also very, very well prepared for it from day 1 when that 1st trailer hit the media. I said many times if the trailer shows where the movie is going, it's very bad...
Also, i have mentioned many times if Anurag hasn't remained faithful to his genre, it won't work.

PS. i sincerely think fans of other stars have the right to make fun of it in the review forum.. RK fans should show some humility and hear it. Same happened in KillDil, both reviews and audience trashed it and it was a matter of joke in the forum.
So, it is ridiculous that some fans are angry against those fans who are bashing the movie. They are not Ranbir fans and they have the opportunity of the lifetime here.

Edited by KhanSinghTomar - 15 May 2015 at 4:05am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

EarlyYoungTimes IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:48am | IP Logged
Not surprising. The promos and trailers looked so dull n boring.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DB_reloaded IF-Addictz

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:54am | IP Logged
hmm i atleast though it will take a good opening but!!! not to be
Scorpio_Velvet IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 4:08am | IP Logged
Dissapointing opening. Hope it picks up a bit in the evening. Polarized reactions from critics as well. Some giving 3.5, 3 while 2.5, 2 for others. At least RK is getting praised. Sad screenplay and narrative couldn't match upto the performances.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

KhanSinghKumar IF-Rockerz

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 4:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by karan-007

I knew this movie is not gonna do well as it is made by Anurag who is famous for making dark n art kinda movie plus the budget of movie was so big. I saw the movie n was bored as its slow n it gives a feeling of 80's n has no gud song but i totally enjoyed Ranbir's acting he was superb as Johnny Balraj Thumbs Up n till the time he can act it doesn't matter whether movie is hit or flop. i m happy Ranbir is doing diff kinda roles rather doing one kinda role Smile

bro, u r back... good to hear from u.Smile

Go to top