Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fairy_queen thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Ok guys! Here's an honest and unbiased review. I am old member who didn't make a new account after my last one was banned but I have been reading threads. I HAD to make a new account because I see BV unfairly criticized and getting a bad rep for no reason.

I liked the film! And I didn't even see it in a cinema hall. Reading all the bashing here and in twitter I thought this was not the time i pay for a ticket so I watched the movie online where the quality is so bad and I could not even understand all the dialogues. But the movie had my attention the whole time and in no point was I bored or I thought the plot went too slowly. Most things have reason to be in the movie.

Yes, it's not a soulful romantic movie that wants to make its audience cry. Kashyap didn't intend to make that. But it's a HIGHLY entertaining movie with a gripping story. I was reminded of Inglorious bas***ds, in the sense that these movies are more about engaging the audience's minds.

Ranbir and Anushka both ROCK! They are so believable and their chemistry is sooo good! I can already see Ranushka shippers growing in the future. Ranbir, especially, shines, and I could relate to the ambitious side of him to be a 'bigshot'. He is flawed, sometimes stupid, but he is the underdog and the HERO.

And of course, everybody has talked about the music a lot. That's not because there's nothing else good about the movie but because the music is absolutely ASTOUNDING. The music, I would say, is the STAR of the movie, alongside Ranbir and Anushka. It's quirky at times but is gripping and good and pleasant and spot on.

Of course, like every movie, this movie has flaws. I wish the climax had extended a little more, but it's still good. Watch it people! It's 100x better than the likes of HNY, D3 and Kick.  

Edit: Yes, it's much better than YJHD as well. I could not even tolerate 30 mins of that movie.

Edited by fairy_queen - 8 years ago
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
^^ Ah now thats interesting..I was just comparing it with YJHD ( the last RK film i saw in the theatre) & wondering which one is better ðŸ˜† I'd still pick YJHD though cos it was a true blue commercial film..Atleast stayed true to its genre..BV would have turned out to be so much better if Anurag had stuck to his vision IMO.. Edited by rogerrocks - 8 years ago
fairy_queen thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rogerrocks

^^ Ah now thats interesting..I was just comparing it with YJHD ( the last RK film i saw in the theatre) & wondering which one is better ðŸ˜† I'd still pick YJHD though cos it was a true blue commercial film..Atleast stayed true to its genre..BV would have turned out to be so much better if Anurag had stuck to his vision IMO..

I guess it's just your preference. I don't like very wishy washy cliched filmed and YJHD seemed full of that. I like period films and films that go into a different era so maybe that's why. But the fact that they are comparable even says a lot about BV in that it is not as bad as people are making it out to be.
Baarish. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Bombay Velvet Heads For Disaster
Friday 15 May 2015 23.30 IST
Box Office India Trade Network
Share on tumblrShare on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailMore Sharing Services0

Bombay Velvet is heading for disaster as first day collections look to be around 6 crore nett. The film opened to dull houses and has not improved much. There will be a jump in cities on Saturday but this is a 2500 screen release and not a 1000-1500 screen release like a NH10 or Piku where the screens are mainly those which grow on Saturday. There will be screens that fall here as well meaning limited growth..

Leaving that aside it needs multi fold growth of the like which is unlikely as it has never happened before. Basically the first day has sealed its fate.

The year saw a mega disaster earlier in Broken Horses which had practically zero collections with a fair budget, here the collections are not exactly zero but the budget is big. Both films are by directors who have a history of disasters but this year they both have delivered the sort of disasters that make their other flops look reasonable..

What the f**k ? 😲 How come has it opened so badly ?

The thing is I'll never waste my money on a bad film. Last Ranbir film I watched in theater was YJHD and now I'll watch BV cos of RK's performance ... People dissed Rockstar so much yet I loved, one of my fav RK film 
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: fairy_queen

I guess it's just your preference. I don't like very wishy washy cliched filmed and YJHD seemed full of that. I like period films and films that go into a different era so maybe that's why. But the fact that they are comparable even says a lot about BV in that it is not as bad as people are making it out to be.

Yeah it is about preference but then i din really like YJHD either..What i meant was it was meant to be a cliched & entertaining romcom & thats what it delivered..While BV was supposed to be so much more but for me atleast it was a disappointment..
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Six crores W*F. What did Taran say? 
Baarish. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
So topics on "Ranbir is over" and "Deepika will save Biru's career" have started ? 😆
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: infinite-

So topics on "Ranbir is over" and "Deepika will save Biru's career" have started ? 😆

Yes, in full force even before the first show ended.
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Roger, how was Ranbir's performance??

How would you rate it compared to Barfi??