Diya Aur Baati Hum

India-Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

~~SPOILERS/ARTICLES ONLY~~ 18th look of Deepika Pg 137 ~~ (Page 125)

Jyothi.N IF-Rockerz
Jyothi.N
Jyothi.N

Posted: 09 September 2015 at 8:57pm | IP Logged
Vaishali Thakkar not tired of playing mother on small screen

She famously essayed 'Ammu' in "Uttaran" for five years, and now she has taken on the role of a mother yet again in "Diya Aur Baati Hum".

By: IANS | New Delhi |
Published on:September 9, 2015 8:37 pm
Comments (0)

Actress Vaishali Thakkar doesn't mind playing mother on small screen.

She famously essayed Ammu' in "Uttaran" for five years, and now she has taken on the role of a mother yet again in "Diya Aur Baati Hum". But actress Vaishali Thakkar doesn't mind it.

"It depends on the kind of mother I play. In Uttaran', my character as a mother had a lot of depth. Here in Diya Aur Baati Hum', my role is a little psychotic and a little inconsistent... so it's not monotonous," Vaishali told IANS.

"I very consciously did not take characters with the same shades... knowing very well that I do not want to be typecast," added the 50-year-old actress, who plays Manjiri in the Star Plus show.

Having been part of a show as long-running as "Uttaran", Vaishali was asked to comment on the system of seasons in fiction shows " a fad popular in the west, and which is now being adopted in India.

She said it is an interesting approach, but the audience of our country is not yet ready for it.

"A season style would be very interesting, but it is going to take time for the audience to come to that level. It is better for reality shows as of now, but when you talk about a loyal audience who have to watch you each and every day, they are so glued to television... and to make them understand the seasonal thing is slightly difficult," the actress said.

Vaishali also added that even though the approach is interesting, there is so much competition in the TV industry that breaking a show at its peak would not be a good idea.

"Right now, there are so many channels and there's so much competition that it would not be very sensible... because after all, it is a huge business. If a show is doing very well, then why would the channel shut the show, and give the TRPs to the other competent channel," Vaishali said.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

AG_DABHdeejagimoilaali..thala

thala IF-Addictz
thala
thala

Posted: 09 September 2015 at 9:22pm | IP Logged
tfs jo
she is doing fantastic as manjari
i would say manjari character is very vital in this track

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

deejagi

Rosy.L IF-Rockerz
Rosy.L
Rosy.L

Posted: 09 September 2015 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
TFS Jo 
Jyothi.N IF-Rockerz
Jyothi.N
Jyothi.N

Posted: 09 September 2015 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
TV celebs talk about their favourite cities
Whatsapp Facebook Google Plus Twitter Email Linkedin SMS

Deepikas first Delhi performanceDeepika Singh aka Sandhya of Diya Aur Baati Hum recently performed at the Janmashtami celebrations in the capital. The actress, who belongs to Delhi, told us that this was the first time she got to perform in front of Delhiites. She said, I havent had the time to come to Delhi after I started acting in the show. What I usually do is take a flight to Delhi, stay here for the night, and then fly back early morning. Even this time it was a short trip but I got to dance in front of my Delhi fans. It was really nice because I saw how much my fans here like me!With talks about Delhi being developed into a film and TV hub, 
isnt Deepika looking forward to shooting here for any show?

Now that Im married, I dont think it will be possible for me to take up something that will be shot completely outside Mumbai. Ive been hearing about these reports and even my husband (TV director Rohit) has been offered shows based in Delhi. But I dont see myself moving back to Delhi,she told us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

deejagiRosy.Lmoilaali..

Princy360 IF-Rockerz
Princy360
Princy360

Posted: 09 September 2015 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruthiravi

There was one thing that remained in DABH. Sancity of marriage. Everything else they had destroyed. How are you guys still watching it. I agree with Jaya. Now what are they going to show for TRP that Sooraj have relation with Lalima.
When Sandhya comes back she will know Lalima pregnant with Sooraj's baby and decide to go away from their life. Then same old tracks. Hit and miss between Sooraj and Sandhya. Sooraj gets his mental balance and he doesn't like Lalima. Lalima trying to go behind him, he in search of SandhyaDead

Heyyy shruthi ... u here 

deejagi

deejagi IF-Rockerz
deejagi
deejagi

Posted: 10 September 2015 at 12:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pasurYa

However, Lalima, being an ideal wife, saves her husband Sooraj from the situation

wat does tat mean ??? are they married ??? 
thanks CVs... for showing us what Diya aur baati mean AngryAngry

May be they are married in "Ghandharva Vivah" when Lalima was decked in Sandy's clothes and Bhabo sent her to Sooraj's room with full blessings.

Forget that as I can can't believe this news as they would have got a piece of news after a long time and the earlier news would have been when they were talking about Lalima & Sooraj's wedding and they would have presumed them as married. But how did she save Suraj from the flames? Did the pooja room caught fire? or did she took him out of the house and by the time they returned back the pooja was complete and the diya was extinguished? If the Pooja was for the betterment of Suraj, then how can they send him out while doing the pooja? Is this the first ever pooja they are performing after Sandya's death news? If Bhabo can perform wedding and havan's without fire, why she didn't do that during Gansh Pooja?

shruthiravi

Princy360 IF-Rockerz
Princy360
Princy360

Posted: 10 September 2015 at 12:09am | IP Logged
How sandhya mission will be accomplish?
She will vring manjari at village.. then?

deejagi

Jyothi.N IF-Rockerz
Jyothi.N
Jyothi.N

Posted: 10 September 2015 at 12:14am | IP Logged
Diya Aur Baati Hum: Lalima saves Sooraj from flames during Ganpati Pooja
IndiaTV Entertainment Desk | 09 Sep 2015, 17:54:08 IST
New Delhi: The Rathi family of TV serial Diya Aur Baati Hum have organized the puja of Lord Ganpati in their house to get rid of all their problems.

Initially everyone was hesitating to conduct the religious ceremony as Sooraj, who is mentally upset nowadays, gets restless after seeing flames. But, then after the constant insistence of Meenakshi and Lalima, the family agrees to hold the puja.

However, Lalima, being an ideal wife, saves her husband Sooraj from the situation. As soon as the puja starts, Lalima takes Sooraj along with her and exits from the back gate. Then, she returns from the main gate and participates in the puja.

The entire family prays wholeheartedly to Lord Ganesha so that their troubles come to an end with God's grace.

We also hope the Rathi family gets rid of their problems with Ganpati Puja.

Keep tuned for more telly updates.

deejagi

Go to top