Zee Marathi
Zee Marathi

Gappa Tappa Corner - 3 (Page 63)

Pooriya Senior Member
Pooriya
Pooriya

Posted: 14 July 2015 at 11:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by spashta-wakta

It is customary to treat paradoxes as 'deeply philosophical' (viz. 'sounds of silence' or anything by Gulzar) and juxtapositions of totally unrelated adjectives and nouns (viz. diet Indradhanushya, or anything by Grace) as creative genius, so no surprise that both 'ek hotA kAU' & 'mitrA' were appreciated by the actors who want to portray themselves as highly sensitive & intellectual. (Pardon my deep cynicism!)

As an aside, 'mitrA' has been given an LGBT twist in the movie. IMHO, the LGBT community (I have abs nothing against them or their choice of lifestyle) is WAY overrepresented in the entertainment industry, as if they suffer more than any oppressed community & so I find their continual chest-beating a bit too dramatic. Just think of the number of LGBT themed movies and plays - esp in Hindi.

@Bold: You stole my words, SW! I was just thinking the same - how it has become a 'cult' to throw heavy words and consider themselves 'creative' and 'intellectual' nowadays.. I was bored to listen to it, frankly. (The movie might really be good though, who knows)

No idea what % of population falls in LGBT category..It's been a hot topic for quite some time now and portraying the community has become an ultimate standard of showing how matured and progressive the industry is.. So the industry is jumping on the subject and trying to make hay while the sun shines. It's true when you said they are overlooking other oppressed people & communities.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vidya0906spashta-waktaanni80mishkil88

Pooriya Senior Member
Pooriya
Pooriya

Posted: 14 July 2015 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
Duplicate post.

Edited by Pooriya - 14 July 2015 at 11:09pm
Pooriya Senior Member
Pooriya
Pooriya

Posted: 14 July 2015 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
For folks who love to listen to Rahul Deshpande, do listen to this blog on SoundCloud. 

This one is really good.. Especially, his recital of  "Maalvuun taak deep"..(It's starts around 12:15) It's too good.

Edited by Pooriya - 14 July 2015 at 11:09pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vidya0906anni80mishkil88

spashta-wakta Goldie
spashta-wakta
spashta-wakta

Posted: 15 July 2015 at 4:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dlip

Just few lines from 'handset'

SW, u live upto ur name. Nice postsClap
I recollect u calling Kanyadan was 'Dead on arrival'. On same line, should we call upcoming new MMSs  as Dead before arrival?

What about ZMs show about Anand Modak? Ek hota vidushak madhe 20 songs hoti..and not a single song is known to anybody Tongue

Have a great day you all

I found out that 'nAndA saukhyabhare' is starting on ZM at 7:30 pm. This means 'ase he kanyAdAn' will end. I suppose they must have had their intercollegiate dance competition after so many months of practice! 

As far as (late) Anand Modak is concerned, my test for distinguishing between the great and not-so-great applies perfectly to him. All his tunes sound good when the songs are going on but you forget them practically the moment they get over. This is very true about 'ek hotA vidUshak'.

This also applies to most Salil Kulkarni songs. His bias towards 'simple' tunes comes from a lifetime of 'AyushyAwar bolU kAhI' since it is important for people to catch the words. But that makes his songs rather unremarkable and they get forgotten easily.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vidya0906anni80

spashta-wakta Goldie
spashta-wakta
spashta-wakta

Posted: 15 July 2015 at 4:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pooriya

@Bold: You stole my words, SW! I was just thinking the same - how it has become a 'cult' to throw heavy words and consider themselves 'creative' and 'intellectual' nowadays.. I was bored to listen to it, frankly. (The movie might really be good though, who knows)

It may sound blasphemous or irreverent, but I do find that several famous poets are guilty of being victims of their favourite styles/ phrases/ alankars. E.g., there is hardly a Gulzar song w/o rAt or chAnd
or a paradox - 'chAnd katorA liye bhikhAran rAt roz akelI jAye' etc or 'pAniyon mein beh rahein hain kaI kinAre TUTe hue'. Making sense out of those paradoxes is left as an exercise to the reader! 

Decades ago, none other than N D Mahanor had written a scathing criticism of Mangesh Padgaonkar's poetry (in Ma TA), essentially calling him a plagiarist for picking up American paradoxes viz 'sounds of silence' in wholesale quantities. Just think of the number of times M.P. has used this particular paradox in his poems - 'paN rAjAlA ushirA kaLalI shabdAnwAchun gANI', 'shabdAnwAchun kaLale sAre shabdAnchyA palikaDale' etc.

Suresh Bhat was an extreme example of using reusable phrases formed of fillers in practically every line of his ghazals. On an average, there is one pratyay of the noun 'mI' on every line of his ghazals. E.g. 'mAjhyAch kAtaDIche zoDe karUn Alo, mI phATakA parantU AkAshrUp jhAlo'. As tot he fillers,
'kewhA tarI pahATe nisaTUn rAtra gelI' has 3 fillers - kewhA, tarI & gelI. Or 'ushahkAl hotA hotA kAL rAtra jhAlI, are punhA AyushyAchyA peTawA mashAlI' contains fillers hotA hotA & are punhA.  Contrast him with 'genuine' poets like BB Borkar, BS Mardhekar, Vasant Bapat, Vinda Karandikar, GD Madgulkar etc who use zero fillers and very few repeat patterns.

(I guess you can tell who are/ not my favourite poets!)Wink
I could go on and on, but will stop here.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Pooriyavidya0906anni80veena0129dlipmishkil88

mishkil88 IF-Sizzlerz
mishkil88
mishkil88

Posted: 15 July 2015 at 5:06am | IP Logged
SW: the 2 examples of SB above are from films and co-incidentally  music by Pt. HM for umbartha and simhasan resply . While judging SRGMP show, Pt. HM himself had said and same must be true for all composers that they have to add/ use fillers in the songs till it matches their satisfaction and rhythm. May be that's the reason even if SB didn't wish to, he had to bow to the demand of composer.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Pooriyavidya0906anni80veena0129spashta-waktadlip

veena0129 Goldie
veena0129
veena0129

Posted: 15 July 2015 at 5:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by spashta-wakta

, sad to see Fed lose to Djoker in the final but Djoker was the better player in all depts. He even outserved Fed, which is rare. Still, I am happy with his win over Murray. There is hardly anything more poetic in sports than Roger Federer gliding on grass.
me...too very much disappointed to see Fed lose in Wimbeldon finals..it was his  17 th grand slam if i m not mistaken...bt Djoko outplayed him ...
SW..i liked ur beautiful take on Fed's game...really he is so graceful...watching him  play is like enjoying listening to  a beautiful poem...so serene and devine...Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vidya0906spashta-waktaanni80dlip

veena0129 Goldie
veena0129
veena0129

Posted: 15 July 2015 at 6:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pooriya

Men's Tennis is much more enjoyable currently than women's because of many good players. In women's there is practically no stopping for Serena. Although, it shows her greatness, it kinda makes it boring to see no competition. However, men's tennis is enjoying the Golden age currently..
yes...Sonali...u r absolutely right...at present there is no competition for Serena...it turns out to be always one sided match...Sharapova is going down with her each tournment...
For Men's ...all top players r fun to watch...Wawrinka...Murray...Djoko...and the most fav Fed...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Pooriyavidya0906anni80spashta-waktadlip

Go to top