Gappa Tappa Corner - 3 - Page 23

Posted: 8 years ago
SW, Vidya ... Nice pictures. TFS

Nikhil Ratnparkhi... Really very talented. His Line from T & J scene - "Tuzi aai? ... Mulwyadha zale-lya penguin sarkhi chalate" made me almost fall from my seat ๐Ÿ˜†

Sangit Natkachya premi-no, Hya Sunday la ZM war doopari 1 ani sandhyakali 7 wajta ... Katyar Kaljat Ghusali by Rahul Deshpande. SW has already mentioned it. But another reminder from me as well. Cast also has Subodh Bhave and Amey Wagh (not sure but I think so)
Originally posted by spashta-wakta

* A good puzzle:
    You have two glass balls. They break when dropped from floor x & above but not when dropped from floors 1 to x-1. Given a 100-storeyed building, what is the minimum number of throws in which you can determine the exact floor x? 
(It is obvious that you must ensure at least one ball stays unbroken till you determine x!)

Nice clicks SW and Vidya.At my home guava tree is giving unseasoned fruits, though can't say it tree as it was bonsai for 5 years then we buried it,so its height is almost halved. And why the hell my money plant is dying, is it really related to money? ๐Ÿ˜†

Ans to Puzzle... The no. of throws will be x-1. 
We will start dropping ball from second floor and then go upwards one by one until the ball breaks. 
Edited by -Zoey- - 8 years ago
Originally posted by -Zoey-

Ans to Puzzle... The no. of throws will be x-1. 
We will start dropping ball from second floor and then go upwards one by one until the ball breaks. 

No, the answer needs more work & the answer is much smaller.
Ok! Just got back from watching the film and as expected it was good fun. An evening well spent I would say ! Now not everything worked well though. The first half was a bit of a drag with Zoya talking too much time to set things up and as a result some of the scenes were boring .
Still there are couple of amazing scenes in the first watch. The pace picks up greatly in second half where things come together very well and all the 4 characters gets their due moments and some great ones.
Things become interesting and story holds your attention ...its very entertaining !
The performances are solid and they make up for the flaws in narrative.
PC is amazing ! Restrained and emotes so well. She was excellent in an emotional scene
RS was awesome; it is a mad performance which is both funny and emotional . Great work man
Anil and Shefali were exceptional. They were such fun together. 
Farhan and Anu did sufficiently enough !
So overall its definitely worth a watch !
I went along with my friends and enjoyed it.
Rating- 3/5
 The best performance Ranveer n anil
RS-PC were so good as sibling. So freaking believable
Ok Just for info DDD  : kareena & rabir were to play bro-sis but they opted out. Also first madhuri was approched to play anil's wife but she refused. Then tabu also refused. (to play priyanka's mom wd have been to much for them) Then hritik & priyanka were to play bro-sis then hritik refused and finally RS took up. 
Originally posted by mishkil88

Ok Just for info DDD  : kareena & rabir were to play bro-sis but they opted out. Also first madhuri was approched to play anil's wife but she refused. Then tabu also refused. (to play priyanka's mom wd have been to much for them) Then hritik & priyanka were to play bro-sis then hritik refused and finally RS took up. 

Ya I'm regular at be forum

Rk n bebo were the original cast

He refused cos of his busy schedule n she refused cos she wanted to do a film wid rk
After that she went to veer
Their love interests were supposed to be duggu n Kat (though they were never offered but it was speculation by media)
 It took a year to convince anil kapoor to play the patriarch's role
 N madhuri refused shefali shah wala role cos she didn't wanna be a mummy

But pretty sure the kapoora n madhuri must be regretting cos the film has got great critical acclaim n the four mehras ( the family have been praised to the skies)

Anushka has a small role very small n kinda useless but her chemistry wid veer is still magic
Frahan has a small but very important role
Edited by Live2eat - 8 years ago
Originally posted by spashta-wakta

* A good puzzle:
    You have two glass balls. They break when dropped from floor x & above but not when dropped from floors 1 to x-1. Given a 100-storeyed building, what is the minimum number of throws in which you can determine the exact floor x? 
(It is obvious that you must ensure at least one ball stays unbroken till you determine x!)

Nice garden SW ๐Ÿ˜Š Madanbaan is very rare type of flower I believe.. Had heard of it but had not seen before.

Puzzle solution:

I think we need to tackle the problem in BST (binary search tree) way if we want to do better than linear time.. 

So if we apply binary tree algo as is, we need to start with floor no. F = 50 and then slowly work out our way depending on two possibilities - 
1. the ball breaks on 50th floor   OR 
2. it does not break on 50th floor.

So in case 1, the floor x lies between 1-49 and in case 2 the floor lies between 51-100. In case 2,we can repeat the process of selecting the median floor (floor no. 75) and continue. In case 1, the worst-case tries will be 1 to 49.
In any case, we have halved our number of tries, which is tremendous gain over the brute force solution of x-1 tries.

Now, we can choose a better value of floor F (the floor on which we'll try out first throw) and reduce our tries. So let's say we decide on F = 5, we'll first throw one ball from 5th floor. If it doesn't break, we'll go to floor 2F (i.e. 10th) and repeat the same. If it breaks on 5th, we can try all floors from 1 to 4.

It will need a bit of math to find the optimal value of F. I'll do it later and try to find the best value of F, if possible ๐Ÿ˜Š
I understand what you are saying Sonali!But you are using both balls and at the end both will break while we have to save one.
At the same time,I also got it that second ball is there to be efficiently used which I didn't do previously!
Edited by -Zoey- - 8 years ago
Woww awesome posts all ๐Ÿ‘

SW nice pictures  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

And kya baat...we have so many tennis buffs here...Borg has been my all-time favorite๐Ÿ˜ณ...Anni did you know, you and Borg share the same birthday๐Ÿ˜›    from the present players of course its Federer who i like.  its sad he was dumped out of the French open by Wawrinka..but still that did not keep him away from watching the finals...like they say You can take the tennis away from the man but you can't take the man away from the tennis   ๐Ÿ‘

Veena, your son truly is going in the right direction...all the very best to him ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Oh thats great Sonali...you have been to Panambur!! there indeed are some awesome beaches in our coastal karnataka๐Ÿ˜Š

Janu thanks for the review of the film 3D.  Me too saw TWMR yest (i know its late, as you guys must've all seen it by now)  liked the movie, esp Kangana...one really cannot ignore her at all...the Haryanvi one is too good...her "woh dekh kabootar" is simply ๐Ÿคฃ  (NJ agdi barobar bollas tu)

Dilip, me too hoping to watch the play at least in one of the time slots ๐Ÿค”

Wondering why this play KKG is being telecast when movie with same *cast  is releasing in 4-5 months time. May be as a part of promo of movie ?  so the die-hard fans of classical music would follow to the movie halls as well...may be.