Pakistani Serials

India-Forums

Pakistani Serials
Pakistani Serials

Sangat (HumTv) - Mikaal, Saba Qamar, Zahid Ahmed (Page 122)

-MakhanMalaai- IF-Stunnerz
-MakhanMalaai-
-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 05 November 2015 at 4:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by HeavenlyBliss.

Abby is coming to kantaap you LOL

I'm ready with my lappads and Reptaas LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

HeavenlyBliss.

ABBY_JERAN IF-Sizzlerz
ABBY_JERAN
ABBY_JERAN

Posted: 05 November 2015 at 6:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by starstruckk

Originally posted by ABBY_JERAN

Originally posted by starstruckk

@ Abby The fact that the RAPIST isn't behind bars and is roaming around repenting on the streets, not to mention being able to EASILY convey how "awful" he feels while the ACTUAL VICTIM has felt disgusted with herself and can't even open up to anyone without indirectly being asked to shut up, is pathetic.

And why is this NOT a story about a rapist paying for the heinous crime that he has committed? You're going to use such a topic for your show and then have no idea on how to tackle it?  That's not even an excuse. I don't care how sorry the rapist feels..even a murderer can feel awful for the murder he has committed, but what are we supposed to do with that? It won't ever erase the crimes they've committed.  If not the traumatized victim, then the family or society around should ask for justice by default. This show shows NOTHING of such sort. It's a failed story that has made a mockery out of such a sensitive topic like rape. Plain and simple.

The show is NOT trying to ERASE the rape as a crime 

And it's not as if the whole world knows about shavez being the rapist and all r silent 

Then ur accusation of the rapist roaming around freely wud hv made sense 

But except for ashi no one knows shavez is the culprit and she is scared to admit as she hasn't made the rape incident public yet 

There is lots more left to b shown in the upcoming 14 epis 

So don't pass on ur Verdict as if the show has already ended

The story is just getting intense 

U don't care about the rapist 

Good for u 

But showing the rapist side of the story is what's making the show different and hence it's such a big hit ...

All want to know what happens next 

Trps hv risen after shavez story hv started unfolding

So it's wrong to say no one is interested to see a hatke rape show 

And whether the show made a mockery of rape or not ...that Verdict u keep to urself till the last Epi airs 

Coz by the posts here it seems like they hv read the script beforehand n already deciding the end themselves 

@ bold: and you do? Well, good for you then. However, everyone isn't you and you can't force people to stop commenting on a show that deals with a sensitive topic such as rape. And, no... people are not predicting the future episodes or the ending here..people are talking about what's going on in the show at the present moment along with what has happened already.

And people KNOW that Ashi was raped but they aren't helping her. Instead, Ashi is the one who  is being asked to remain silent when she should be the one raising her voice. If not her, then her family should...but NO one is and no one even allows her to properly express how she feels in any of this . And here, the rapist is roaming freely, expressing his feelings openly about how guilty he feels...only allowing viewers to feel confused about the rapist in the show.

Not just me many other fans do...initially people used to post in fb that they r waiting eagerly to see shavez side of the story...Coz people hv seen zillion times how the victim suffers...how she recovers...how the hero helps her coming no to normal life...how she gets justice ...we hv seen it all ...if here also they showed the same thing then u people wud hv said that this is a bakwas rape show...same gheesa peeta drama...it wudnt hv got any trps in spite of Saba mikaal the way sabas another hum show recently kaise tumse kahoon n mikaals last few hum shows were SUPER FLOP 

It's shavez story and victims story simultaneously and the baby track which is making the viwers tune in to sangat every wk ...otherwise no one wud even bother watching it ...Coz initially when the promos hit all were saying plz not another rape show but after the show started people got intrigued coz it was different

And only ashis mom n the psychiatrist knows about the rape and for them some random burglar was the rapist...so how DoD u expect them to help ashi...by telling her to scream from rooftop I was raped...giving justice issue wud hv come if they indeed know shavez was the rapist 

In this situation the therapy is to ensure the victim comes bk to normal mental state rather than running around a burglar rapist...specially in Asian sub continent where culprits r never caught 

Ashi did try to tell mikaal but given his take on it she stopped...it's not as if they didn't show her contemplating to tell mikaal...

And ashis mom gave her all the mental strength needed to go bk to normal life and she did

How else u wanted to see the rape victim get help...just punishing the rapist doesn't mean the rape victim will become normal again ...she also needs mental therapy n they showed it here 

Edited by ABBY_JERAN - 05 November 2015 at 6:18am
ABBY_JERAN IF-Sizzlerz
ABBY_JERAN
ABBY_JERAN

Posted: 05 November 2015 at 6:34am | IP Logged
@VENUS...THEY DID KEEP THE RAPIST STORY SEPARATE...it's only under very logical circumstances they hv shown ashi shavez interaction ...it's not as if they r bumping into each other every other moment ..
...they also showed how the kid made ashi so majboor that she had to go to him for his blood...later they also showed a realization scene that how Saba ponders about the fact that she went to her rapist for help out of obligations of sangats conditions...that parents can go to any extent for their kids and in this case it was the victim going to the rapist 
ABBY_JERAN IF-Sizzlerz
ABBY_JERAN
ABBY_JERAN

Posted: 05 November 2015 at 6:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by grey23

Hello guys i m not watching the show ,waiting for its end so that i can start...but recently i came across a review saying that in this show the rapist is being glorified and makers r trying to make the viwers sympathized with the rapist...if it is true i will not watch this crap Angry i had great expectations from this show because of the cast..it is very disappointing... Senior actors like saba meekal should think twice before choosing these type of dramas  as they r very sensitive issues

Lol many people commenting here r making their own image of the show without watching it and then commenting so strongly as if they didn't miss a single epi 

So all I can say is ...don't wait for the show to finish as it will ruin the fun 

There r some shows which shud b caught live a d this is one of them 

So after u r done with manay na yeh dil...start this one instead of waiting till Jan for this to finish

grey23

ABBY_JERAN IF-Sizzlerz
ABBY_JERAN
ABBY_JERAN

Posted: 05 November 2015 at 6:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 26javey

I don't condone how the show is going. Like Star said having mixed feelings about the rapist is plain wrong. Would we ever have mixed feelings about a rapist in real life? No, we would. So, why should we in reel life? 
Abby, you just said he feels guilt after seeing Ashi in pain. Does that mean he feels guilt for his actions or the consequences of his actions? I'm not sure that's clear. He feels guilt, which he should, but why can't he feel it behind bars? I recently read an article which talks about how we condone rape and rapist by letting them roam freely. By telling the victim to let them be and move on. It really hit me and we shouldn't. We shouldn't want it on television either. 

And as for people shipping Shavez and Salma, it's just sad. The poor girl deserves someone better. A rapist is a rapist just like a murderer is a murderer. Both are heinous crimes and should not be forgiven. 

None of the above points earlier is shown in the show 

By the moulovi shavez convo it was made VERY MUCH CLEAR by the writer to the viwers that HOW BIG A GUNAAH is rape considered in Islam and it's an unforgivable crime doesn't matter how much he repents now...but all he can do is minimize the punishment by doing repentance with true heart and asking her forgiveness

Saba mom indeed tells her to move on coz for the mom the rapist was a burgler...
but she was never shown just to let the rapist move around n let him be the way it was shown in chup raho 

Saba mom is shown to b a very strong working lady here who tried her best to bring Saba to a normal life 

And no one is shipping shavez Salma ...people find their nok jhoks cute and a pleasant comic Break from the other otherwise tensed scenes

We as the audience understand that rape is a big sin, it's not something we learnt from the show. It's good they're showing it, but majority of the audience already knows this. But what I still don't understand is whether he is feeling remorse of commiting the sin or the consequences of commiting the sin. You said he started to feel guilty after he saw the pain Ashi's going through, so what is he quilty about. And they should do a better job at showing him repenting. Also, him asking her for forgiveness is selfish in my eyes. He's done so much to her and instead of letting her be he needs her forgiveness. He should be repenting to Allah and leaving Ashi alone.

And her mom is more progressive than the usual ones, but she as an educated woman should understand her daughter is going through PTSD and a few sessions won't just fix it. They could have easily shown it as Ashi's journey towards self acceptance, that would have sent a more meaningful message. Instead we're being shown them talking about moving on and suddenly they've moved on. Where's the journey?

For ur info I guess we all know the show has aired only 11 episodes 

14 more episodes left 

So the "JOURNEY ". of self acceptance u r looking for is coming up 

The show has a long way to go 

And they DID NOT show shavez repenting ONLY after he saw her condition...he got to know about her Much later...he started repenting when he first came to ashis house again with the mom and relived the seq and first repentance struck 

Then he was shown talking to the moulovi in masjid asking about what Islam says about the sin and through the moulovi the writer did show what a unforgivable sin this is in Islam's light too n there is no way to evade punishment 

26javey IF-Sizzlerz
26javey
26javey

Posted: 05 November 2015 at 7:42am | IP Logged

I don't condone how the show is going. Like Star said having mixed feelings about the rapist is plain wrong. Would we ever have mixed feelings about a rapist in real life? No, we would. So, why should we in reel life? 
Abby, you just said he feels guilt after seeing Ashi in pain. Does that mean he feels guilt for his actions or the consequences of his actions? I'm not sure that's clear. He feels guilt, which he should, but why can't he feel it behind bars? I recently read an article which talks about how we condone rape and rapist by letting them roam freely. By telling the victim to let them be and move on. It really hit me and we shouldn't. We shouldn't want it on television either. 

And as for people shipping Shavez and Salma, it's just sad. The poor girl deserves someone better. A rapist is a rapist just like a murderer is a murderer. Both are heinous crimes and should not be forgiven. 

None of the above points earlier is shown in the show 

By the moulovi shavez convo it was made VERY MUCH CLEAR by the writer to the viwers that HOW BIG A GUNAAH is rape considered in Islam and it's an unforgivable crime doesn't matter how much he repents now...but all he can do is minimize the punishment by doing repentance with true heart and asking her forgiveness

Saba mom indeed tells her to move on coz for the mom the rapist was a burgler...
but she was never shown just to let the rapist move around n let him be the way it was shown in chup raho 

Saba mom is shown to b a very strong working lady here who tried her best to bring Saba to a normal life 

And no one is shipping shavez Salma ...people find their nok jhoks cute and a pleasant comic Break from the other otherwise tensed scenes

We as the audience understand that rape is a big sin, it's not something we learnt from the show. It's good they're showing it, but majority of the audience already knows this. But what I still don't understand is whether he is feeling remorse of commiting the sin or the consequences of commiting the sin. You said he started to feel guilty after he saw the pain Ashi's going through, so what is he quilty about. And they should do a better job at showing him repenting. Also, him asking her for forgiveness is selfish in my eyes. He's done so much to her and instead of letting her be he needs her forgiveness. He should be repenting to Allah and leaving Ashi alone.

And her mom is more progressive than the usual ones, but she as an educated woman should understand her daughter is going through PTSD and a few sessions won't just fix it. They could have easily shown it as Ashi's journey towards self acceptance, that would have sent a more meaningful message. Instead we're being shown them talking about moving on and suddenly they've moved on. Where's the journey?

For ur info I guess we all know the show has aired only 11 episodes 

14 more episodes left 

So the "JOURNEY ". of self acceptance u r looking for is coming up 

The show has a long way to go 

And they DID NOT show shavez repenting ONLY after he saw her condition...he got to know about her Much later...he started repenting when he first came to ashis house again with the mom and relived the seq and first repentance struck 

Then he was shown talking to the moulovi in masjid asking about what Islam says about the sin and through the moulovi the writer did show what a unforgivable sin this is in Islam's light too n there is no way to evade punishment 

So far, the journey shown in the 11 episodes that have aired isn't something I like. And as for the remaining 14 episodes if my family continues to watch it I'll watch it with them and see if my opinion will change. I highly doubt it will, but if it does kudos to the writers for finally changing this cynics opinion. Self acceptions won't happen in a few episodes, it should take place in the span of the whole series and so far from what we've seen not much is presented. And part of self acceptance will come from her talking about what's happened, they should show her still going to her therapist. Therapy shouldn't take the back burner in such cases. And her therapist should have been shown as not judgemental or whatever it was. She basically implied Ashi commited a mistake (sin?) when she gave the example of how Ashi would feel if Adnan commiting mistake (sin?). What are we being shown that would make us believe Ashi is doing better? All she's done is repress.

I admit I didn't watch after the first few episodes but started again after I moved in with my aunt who watches it. I was asking you if he started feeling remorse after seeing her or because of his actions. It wasn't a rhetorical question. And now you've answered it with caps lock I'm going to ask a few more questions for my knowledge. When did he come to Ashi's house after the rape? How many days/weeks had passed?

So, you're saying the moulvi clarified that rape is an unforgivable sin to Shavez. Possibly meaning he had an idea that and he still went ahead with it.
HeavenlyBliss. IF-Addictz
HeavenlyBliss.
HeavenlyBliss.

Posted: 05 November 2015 at 8:48am | IP Logged
and the star of the thread award goes to Abby
26javey IF-Sizzlerz
26javey
26javey

Posted: 05 November 2015 at 9:38am | IP Logged
I'm so disappointed in today's episode. The truth finally came out, I guess I shouldn't be surprised with Adnan's behaviour but I am. For a single moment when Ashi was telling him I thought he might understand, he'll be there with her. Is that what happened? Nope, instead he painted himself as the victim and completely disregarded Ashi or the trauma she went through. Everything became about him - how he lost Ashi and Sangat, and how everything in their room taunts him because Sangat isn't his daughter. Am I supposed to be okay with such misogynist bullshit? I most definitely am not. And the loathing in his voice in the last scene, I can't even.

Shavez finally told Salma the truth - how he raped Ashi on the same bed she's currently occupying. And after telling her everything, he tells her he hates himself and is repenting and he wouldn't be surprised if she hates him too. Salma blinded by her love tells him that she can never hate him and if he'll have her she'll be with him, thus making her a rape apologist.

-shabz-

Go to top