Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

   
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Balki's and Mohit Suri's next to start in August (Page 10)

swati82 IF-Dazzler
swati82
swati82

Joined: 22 September 2014
Posts: 3787

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 10:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rogerrocks

Originally posted by Piyatrix

Among the new breed of actors lets see who has what projects and how good are they (on paper)
Sid: Brothers, K and S, Kal jisne dekha 
Ark: Fitoor and Intouchables remake.
Varun: Abcd2, dilwale, dhishoom
Sushant: Dhoni biopic and Paani (if its happening)
Ranveer: Ddd, Bm
Arjun: balki's next (not confirmed)

There u go ...from the above list Sid is doing quite well.

I have kinda understood in the last few years that those actors who have really good projects on paper don exactly do well or take the industry by storm LOL  For instance, 2 years back, Anu had the best line-up on paper..Yash Chopra's next, Vishal Bharadwaj's next, Hirani's next and Anurag Kashyap's next..Now thats as good as it can get..Literally the best directors in the industry & DP in comparison was nowhere.But look how things worked out & she zoomed ahead..Same with Varun..Post SOTY, i thought he had the weakest lineup..Even now i think his lineup is weak in comparison to say Sid or Sushant atleast on paper..But after MTH & Badlapur, am just not gonna judge any of his films..If ABCD2 manages to do well, then he is right up there..I think Varun has a very good strategy in place which may/ may not work but he has a good sense of what works & what doesn't & what will help his career in the long run..

Very true, what's appears good on paper doesn't always work and what doesn't appear good on paper sometimes works...it's impossible to predict 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rogerrocks

MyDarkPassenger IF-Sizzlerz
MyDarkPassenger
MyDarkPassenger

Joined: 09 November 2011
Posts: 20830

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 10:43am | IP Logged
As a Sid fan it gets really irritating to see he has so many multi leads and only one solo movie. As it is he is doing one movie per year...his last solo was HTP. I hope he is not in intouchables...Mohit can give get him a 100 cr but he needs something more than that at the moment. EV might have helped him...but 100 cr won't help in the long term na. For ones I would like to see him getting more screen time and also some credit for God's sake! Brothers will be a hit movie but will he get any credit for that? Akshay is a bigger star. If he will do so many movies when he is not even getting noticed..then it's pretty useless. Really pissed with his movies right now..I hope I am proved wrong.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Neela-Paani

Star_girl IF-Sizzlerz
Star_girl
Star_girl

Joined: 22 June 2013
Posts: 11873

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rogerrocks


I have kinda understood in the last few years that those actors who have really good projects on paper don exactly do well or take the industry by storm LOL  For instance, 2 years back, Anu had the best line-up on paper..Yash Chopra's next, Vishal Bharadwaj's next, Hirani's next and Anurag Kashyap's next..Now thats as good as it can get..Literally the best directors in the industry & DP in comparison was nowhere.But look how things worked out & she zoomed ahead..Same with Varun..Post SOTY, i thought he had the weakest lineup..Even now i think his lineup is weak in comparison to say Sid or Sushant atleast on paper..But after MTH & Badlapur, am just not gonna judge any of his films..If ABCD2 manages to do well, then he is right up there..I think Varun has a very good strategy in place which may/ may not work but he has a good sense of what works & what doesn't & what will help his career in the long run..

Lol exactly. I remember how every single one was claiming how 2013-2014 will be Anushka's year etc because she had fantastic projects on paper. Anushka will finally leave every competition behind etc but we all know how 2013 turned out even with those series of shitty films Deepika did and then Anushka had one PK and NH10 and 2015 was supposed to be HER year lol but even this time, Deepika raced ahead with a seemingly harmless Piku. Like who would expect an Anurag Kashyap, A Vishal Bharadwaj, A YRF etc films to do virtually nothing for her career?
So yeah, projects that sound amazing on paper may not be perfect in reality lol. Varun does have the weakest lineup but he is super smart IMHO and I am totally not underestimating him. He can very well overshadow SRK in Dilwale and move further ahead. ABCD2 is a definite hit IMHO. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rogerrocks

rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Joined: 02 October 2012
Posts: 44544

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 10:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Star_girl


Lol exactly. I remember how every single one was claiming how 2013-2014 will be Anushka's year etc because she had fantastic projects on paper. Anushka will finally leave every competition behind etc but we all know how 2013 turned out even with those series of shitty films Deepika did and then Anushka had one PK and NH10 and 2015 was supposed to be HER year lol but even this time, Deepika raced ahead with a seemingly harmless Piku. Like who would expect an Anurag Kashyap, A Vishal Bharadwaj, A YRF etc films to do virtually nothing for her career?
So yeah, projects that sound amazing on paper may not be perfect in reality lol. Varun does have the weakest lineup but he is super smart IMHO and I am totally not underestimating him. He can very well overshadow SRK in Dilwale and move further ahead. ABCD2 is a definite hit IMHO. 

The one film which was supposedly the weakest in her stellar liner-up benefited her the most in more ways than one..NH10 is Anu's best till date & the fact that it din flop is a big deal in itself..So like i said, what looks good on paper doesn't always translate to a brilliant film in reality & vice versa LOL  Varun is definitely smart..ABCD2 looked trashy thanks to that terrible first trailer but both the songs from the film have hit bull's eye..Esp. Sun Saathiya is the best video to come out in recent times LOL


Edited by rogerrocks - 16 May 2015 at 10:59am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Star_girl

-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Joined: 25 July 2014
Posts: 4690

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:03am | IP Logged
But Anushka is at the top.

Her last three movies are NH10, PK and BV. One is an ATBB, other is a hit and third is heading for disaster. It is a very solid performance.
The only movie where she had to bring in the audiences, she did. To make it even more hard; it was an A rated thriller.

Plus she was praised for her role in very movie. I have seen all three and IMO, she was really, really good.
Star_girl IF-Sizzlerz
Star_girl
Star_girl

Joined: 22 June 2013
Posts: 11873

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:03am | IP Logged
^^ Ranjini, Anushka ka wohi hain. No big budget, seemingly perfect films seem to help her career. A small project like BBB with a debutant, unknown hero gave her push she needed and now NH10, another seemingly flop project gave her credibility. She should start lobbying for good smaller directors like Shoojit, Vikas etc. Even though I think she is annoyingly overrated here and has zero versatility, she is still better than quite a few lol.
Varun is crazy smart. ABCD2 will be a superhit, tum dekhna. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rogerrocks

-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Joined: 25 July 2014
Posts: 4690

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:07am | IP Logged
When i was talking about the future projects it wasnt from a BO perspective.

It was more about how good the movie is going to be.

Varun is winning the BO battle hands down. ABCD is a hit and Dilwale will be a BB. There is no question there.


Edited by -Arsal- - 16 May 2015 at 11:07am
Star_girl IF-Sizzlerz
Star_girl
Star_girl

Joined: 22 June 2013
Posts: 11873

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Arsal-

But Anushka is at the top.

Her last three movies are NH10, PK and BV. One is an ATBB, other is a hit and third is heading for disaster. It is a very solid performance.
The only movie where she had to bring in the audiences, she did. To make it even more hard; it was an A rated thriller.

Plus she was praised for her role in very movie. I have seen all three and IMO, she was really, really good.

It's only here I hear how Anushka is at the top lmao.
LOL She got some good press with her relationship but other than that, she is still nowhere near the top. I have heard very few people talking about her except in the context of her relationship and I do live in India lol. Her relationship has given her a good push so there's that.
I am sure she was good but she is hardly the top material yet, she has also been in the industry for seven years without making a solid mark so yeah. 

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Aamir Khan's next/ Rani Mukerji's next/ Sriram Raghavan's next

2 3

Author: gilmores   Replies: 18   Views: 5003

gilmores 18 5003 03 January 2015 at 9:46pm by ElOqUeNcE
Saif and Varun in Mohit Suris next

2

Author: ablazedmelody   Replies: 13   Views: 1242

ablazedmelody 13 1242 12 May 2014 at 12:04am by .Bongsookie.
Dhanush, Akshara Haasan shoot for Balkis film: photos added from sets

2 3 4 5

Author: TeAmo_Messi   Replies: 35   Views: 3836

TeAmo_Messi 35 3836 07 March 2014 at 12:11pm by TeAmo_Messi
Big B-Dhanush-Akshara Haasan In R Balkis Next

2 3 4

Author: Johnny.Balraj   Replies: 31   Views: 1877

Johnny.Balraj 31 1877 20 November 2013 at 6:22am by TeAmo_Messi

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index