Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 8 years ago
Intouchables is not a bad project by any means.  Whatever one might say about Mohit Suri's abilities as a director the man knows how to deliver hits and pick excellent music.  A two project film isn't automatically a bad film and it will not automatically diminish ones star status and ruin careers.  Bad single hero movies like Tevar ruins careers.  
who are the leads , anything confirmed ?
swati82 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

@Arsal, I think Philip's romantic interest doesn't show up till the very end.  But there is another girl who is his secretary/assistant.  That's a pretty small role too.  I haven't seen the original but from the synopsis it sounds like a great film and it's all about Driss and Philip's friendship.  However, Mohit did describe his version an uplifting comedy so who knows.

@Swati, I hope you are right about Varun.  No offense I know you like him. But I don't want him in this one lol.

And yes, let's all pray to the Gods of casting that Arjun doesn't take this up.  Though it sounds like he's not really up for two hero roles.  Rumor was that he was offered K&S too with Sid and Alia but didn't take it.  

No offence taken i kinda don't want Varun in this one either...he doesn't need any more two-hero films! 

Yeah even i think Arjun ain't keen on two-hero films, i read somewhere that after Ranveer got all the credit for Gunday, Arjun decided to never do another two-hero film

Intouchables is not a bad project by any means.  Whatever one might say about Mohit Suri's abilities as a director the man knows how to deliver hits and pick excellent music.  A two project film isn't automatically a bad film and it will not automatically diminish ones star status and ruin careers.  Bad single hero movies like Tevar ruins careers.  

Agree. Mohit Suri gave Sid his first 100 cr superhit film. He is a successful director, excels in emotional, heart touching stories. I have no doubt he'll make a commercially successful film. He has a great ear for music too, I have not seen Intouchables but whatever I've read seems like a film on male friendship and bonding with lot of emotions. Sounds nice, not sure why Sid fans are so apprehensive. A well made 2 hero film is much better then badly made solo hero film. 
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: harshu.sundas

who are the leads , anything confirmed ?

Nothing is confirmed.  ARK is very close to being confirmed though. Sid was rumored but then there was a scheduling conflict, which might not be an issue now.  We don't know I anything and I doubt. Mohit would make an announcement now since all his concentration is on HAK. 
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

True.

And the movie is as Solo as it can get. There is no romantic angle involved so instead of a female lead there will be just two male leads. Don't know how it becomes a multi-starrer, when there are just two major characters in the movie and they really dominate the screen time??

Plus the story is really good as well. If if they ruin it; it will still be better than most of the stuff than comes out from BW.

Neela-Paani thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Remakes are never a good idea.especially when its done by incompetent directors.We all know what happened with RGV's take on Sholay(and he was far better than Suri in his hey days..delivered solid movies like Satya,Rangeela,Company etc) even Himesh's Karz version😆.FA's Don remake did somewhat justice to original version par kahaan Farhan aur kahaan Suri😆.He might be the flavour of the season but heavily overrated.Awaarapan and Murder 3(another Korean inspiration  suppose) are his only decent works.Or else u take out hit music,his movies dont even have 10% repeat value.Less said abt EV and A2's direction the better.Ppl never fail to compare Sid and VD's performance in EV vs Badla but wonder why they conviently choose to ignore how superior and intelligent a director Sriram is compared to Suri and what a gripping tight script he had on table for Badlapur.Suri's latest HAK is resembling some soap opera despite presence of strong actors.He is just not the right person to remake a scrip with intricate details an vulnerability.He strikes a chord with audience mainly when he tries to copy Korean thrillers with hit music mostly.

Some of us wudnt have opposed the idea of Sid being part of Intouchables remake if it was headed by UTV and directed by a talented director with the right vision.No I dont trust Suri and his capabilities to do justice to this specific remake at all.Kjo and Suri implying how its gonna be a movie in happy space,romcom genre etc further cements my inhibitions😆

As for Sid,he has been consistently disappointing with his career choices as of late...Could still excuse K & S as Bhavesh got shelved intermittently without any fault of his so he had to accommodate something in his schedule for the time previously allotted to VAM.But delaying Excel movie for a muti starrer Suri project is so not happening.If he has no choice but to postpone Excel movie,the replacement better be worth it.No one here signed up for seeing him in repetitive Dharma projects for rest of his career.He better not turn blind eye to fact that some of his competitors are racing ahead while he is content with working in a single movie for whole of an year.
^ and what's wrong with multistarers, weren't DCH and ZNMD too, yet they praised equivocally and got bo success, all the actors got their share of fame. A well made film is a well made film period. I think Sid should have done this rather then K&S. 
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Two hero movies?? I am getting tired of this phrase.😆

What is wrong with them?? Its just two characters sharing the screen for a majority of the movie length. Even more so in intouchables, it will be dominated by these two characters. About 90 percent movie will be on them both.
Edited by -Arsal- - 8 years ago
swati82 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Is it just me or are two-hero films the latest trend? Edited by swati82 - 8 years ago